First night out

Believe in Shar, the goddess of those who have lost everything and who wish revenge. The League of Ultimate Evil will rule the land in the future. Evil is not defined as killing one, but to rule them all. This is the gift of Shar ....
Locked
User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

First night out

Post by Dink » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:49 pm

Start of the campaign:
September 16th 2009
Image Dungeon Master (2)

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: First night out

Post by Dink » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:44 am

This first post is only for those who are at the inn.

At the Tavern
You arrived at the tavern of the Gilded Lady in one of those cities, which you have passed thousands of.
A low fire burns in the hearth of this comfortable common room. The tavern is empty enough to find the place of your choice.
Not long after you take your place rush hour starts. And it seems to be one of those days, when only hooded people are going for a beer.

Everyone can figure out the following things quite easily:
H5: Comes in, orders a beer and falls asleep while the mug is being placed. The beer half under the hood the guy sleeps and stinks.
That is really creepy.
E7: A young woman, smiling all the time at the guy at E1. Orders a beer for him.
C8: A big guy. He is somehow strange, because he is waiting for someone to come in through the main door at L1
J5 + J8: both are staring at the woman at I7.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

To Dos
Please PM me if you would like to relocate or change the way you are mainly facing.
Everyone who is not at the inn, please PM me where you would like to sit once you enter.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Dungeon Master (2)

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6872
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: First night out

Post by Duniagdra » Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:40 pm

E1 accepts the mug of ale and tips it with a nod to the woman. Being one to not hold much trust is strangers, he lifts the mug to his mouth in an act of drinking, smelling for anything and touching the liquid and froth to his lips. He sets the mug to the table and nods again to her. I spend the time taking in everyone in the tavern, sizing them up and looking for others who notice me.
OUT OF CHARACTER
By dipping his lip into the liquid, he's testing it for anything he might not like, feeling for any odd sensations on his lip. Not sure what that roll would be.

 

Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: First night out

Post by Dink » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:34 pm

Duniagdra wrote:E1 accepts the mug of ale and tips it with a nod to the woman. Being one to not hold much trust is strangers, he lifts the mug to his mouth in an act of drinking, smelling for anything and touching the liquid and froth to his lips. He sets the mug to the table and nods again to her.
She looks at you and starts to rise to her feet, looking at you all the time if her doing is fine with you.
She starts to move towards you.
Duniagdra wrote:I spend the time taking in everyone in the tavern, sizing them up and looking for others who notice me.
You had enough time to take a good look at everyone. Just let me know if you want me to roll for you or if you want to do the dice.
If you are doing it, please post a Skill:Search for everyone seperately (e.g.B4>d20+12=14).
Duniagdra wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
By dipping his lip into the liquid, he's testing it for anything he might not like, feeling for any odd sensations on his lip. Not sure what that roll would be.

 

For a simple taste check please do a WIS DC10 roll.
For a taste poison check please do a Sense Motive DC15 roll (fits here).
If you believe poison has been used on you and you want to start struggling for life do a Survival DC25 roll and I will ask for a Fortitude check once I know the outcome of your roll.
Image Dungeon Master (2)

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6872
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: First night out

Post by Duniagdra » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:03 pm

Search Check on E7,D9,C8,C3 (1d20+7=25, 1d20+7=8, 1d20+7=17, 1d20+7=20)
Search Check on B4,B7,H5,J5 (1d20+7=25, 1d20+7=23, 1d20+7=14, 1d20+7=20)
Search Check on I7,J8,J9,J10 (1d20+7=25, 1d20+7=10, 1d20+7=15, 1d20+7=15)
Search Check on G9 (1d20+7=22, 1d20+7=24, 1d20+7=16, 1d20+7=11)
(Sorry, I forgot to change the number of rolls to one for G9, so the first roll would count. What ever you feel is right for the number of people I'd be able to observe in so much time, PM me the results please.)

(Can I do both?) Poison taste test and bear taste test (1d20+2=20, 1d20+2=5)

Could this be a good omen?
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: First night out

Post by Benji » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:06 pm

J5, a bald headed man, sits sipping slowly at a flagon of ale. Every now and then he will slam his mug down harder than usual and scowl at anyone willing to look at him.
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
LinusMundane
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 473
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:27 pm
Location: Berlin, NJ
Contact:

Re: First night out

Post by LinusMundane » Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:11 pm

C8, The brutish looking Orc is all but pacing back and forth, upset about his wait it seems. He barely takes the time to notice anyone else in the room, seeming to focus only on the door and every so often making a cursory glance to his back so as not to be snuck up upon.
Image Glugglug; Orcish Paladin of Tyranny
Image Bone Crushnsmash; Fighter of the Bloodthirst School
Image Collin; Monk
Image Nani; Rogue
Image Dwanthor; Hill Dwarf Warlock

User avatar
apwhite
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 399
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:28 pm
Location: St George, Utah
Contact:

Re: First night out

Post by apwhite » Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:30 pm

Galean (G9) watches the fire crackle, amazed at the chaotic and yet organized pattern to the flames. Wanting to keep her wits about about, she slowly sips her drink, listening to the conversations around her.

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: First night out

Post by Dink » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:31 pm

Love and lost hope
The woman at E7 stand up and walks over to the man at E1 who is looking in disbelieve in his mug.
She takes one step after another and seems to be not sure about her action.

At the point when she passes D5, the woman at I7 stands up and cries out in anger: "AAaaarrrrrgggh, you slut".
She runs to the main entrance of the tavern, followed by the man from J8: "Hey girl, wait I ... I can help."

The woman in E4 freezes with a sad expression on her face. Looking from the main entrance to the man at E1.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Dungeon Master (2)

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6872
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: First night out

Post by Duniagdra » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:54 pm

Not in the least concerned about what goes on between women, I slide a chair out with my from from under the table. I left my mug and take a short pull from it.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: First night out

Post by Benji » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:43 pm

J5 doesn't spare the women a second glance as he sips his ale again. Eventually, he finishes his mug and sits back as if in deep thought.
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
LinusMundane
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 473
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:27 pm
Location: Berlin, NJ
Contact:

Re: First night out

Post by LinusMundane » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:16 pm

G8, The Orc mumbles something in Orcish to himself, roughly translating to "Stupid women" and decides to order a drink from the keep to pass his time.
Image Glugglug; Orcish Paladin of Tyranny
Image Bone Crushnsmash; Fighter of the Bloodthirst School
Image Collin; Monk
Image Nani; Rogue
Image Dwanthor; Hill Dwarf Warlock

User avatar
apwhite
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 399
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:28 pm
Location: St George, Utah
Contact:

Re: First night out

Post by apwhite » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:30 pm

THINKING: This might turn out to be an interesting night. Let's not give any advantages to anyone. Galean will carefully cast Undedtectable Alignment on herself. It will last 24 hours. She will make sure that she can get to her dagger in a hurry, if the need arises.

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: First night out

Post by Dink » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:52 am

apwhite wrote:THINKING: This might turn out to be an interesting night. Let's not give any advantages to anyone. Galean will carefully cast Undedtectable Alignment on herself. It will last 24 hours. She will make sure that she can get to her dagger in a hurry, if the need arises.
G9 leaves the building through the back door at B9.
Image Dungeon Master (2)

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5785
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Waterbury, CT

Re: First night out

Post by shai-hulud » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:59 am

The stinking man at H5 stands clumsily. He drops the appropriate coinage to pay for his drink and follows out the main door, his ale untouched.

THINKING: Perhaps the woman has lost her man. This may be fortuitous indeed! I am certainly interested in using her body, should I be in the position to do so!
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: First night out

Post by Dink » Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:43 pm

New Situation
The woman from G9 returns from the back door (B9) to her place.

While the angry girl and the 'friendly' man were passing the stinking man in H5, he seems to become alive, but seems not fully under control, so it takes a bit to get up.

The angry girl and the man following her leave the tavern and through the open door come 5 Selunies.
At their sight the girl from E4 turns completely pale and retreats to C5. Her legs are shaking.

All conversation stops instantly. No more bubbling from C3 and B4 and even the InnKeeper stops laughing.

The Selunies are headed by a Paladin of their kind.
This tall, muscular human has long hair, a thing mouth and a pointed nose.
He wears chainmail and holds a readied crossbow in his right hand. Plus there is some kind of sword at his left side.
With his left hand he seems to wash away the stench while it moves over his eyes and nose:
"Old man, make sure that guy gets a bath" and he points at G5.
"And now move it to the counter - stinking bag."
(there is no doubt he is asking G5 to move to the counter)

The paladin is followed by two female ruffians.
These ruthless looking women are armored in leather and wear mug expression, as if inviting trouble.
They have each a heavy mace.

Right behind them are two thugs, who leave the door to the tavern open.
Brawny and unshaven, these men looks like the kind of people you wouldn't want to meet in the dark alley.

To Dos
G5 can make a perception roll (Skill: Search or Skill: Spot).
G9 can sit down. You are standing in front of the armchair.
C5 save vs. Willpower to stop shaking.
C8 can make a perception roll (Skill: Listen).

Initive
Though we are NOT just yet in combat, please roll initive.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Dungeon Master (2)

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5785
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Waterbury, CT

Re: First night out

Post by shai-hulud » Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:56 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
InvisibleCastle is down, so no rolls, but if you would, please roll for me?

I'd like to use Spot instead of Search.

 

The stinking man freezes momentarily, then turns and faces the guards. It appears that he must be drunk, as his actions are all delayed.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: First night out

Post by Benji » Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:09 pm

J5 keeps his head down, trying to stop a snarl from escaping his lips.
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: First night out

Post by Dink » Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:42 pm

shai-hulud wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
InvisibleCastle is down, so no rolls, but if you would, please roll for me?

I'd like to use Spot instead of Search.

 

Probably you don't want me to do this in the future >:)

1d20+9 → [1,9] = (10)

You are loosing control of yourself. Takes one round to gain control of yourself again.
But looks really like you are drunk. :lol:

Please roll the initive for the next round.
Image Dungeon Master (2)

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5785
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Waterbury, CT

Re: First night out

Post by shai-hulud » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:01 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Initiative (1d20+3=21)

 

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

User avatar
LinusMundane
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 473
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:27 pm
Location: Berlin, NJ
Contact:

Re: First night out

Post by LinusMundane » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:30 pm

At the sight of a Selune Paladin, Glugglug is literally shaking in anticipation of a fight. His rage is building and if not for being ordered to perform a task at the moment, h would be tearing into this mans throat.


Listen 1d20+5=10

Initiative 1d20+2=21
Image Glugglug; Orcish Paladin of Tyranny
Image Bone Crushnsmash; Fighter of the Bloodthirst School
Image Collin; Monk
Image Nani; Rogue
Image Dwanthor; Hill Dwarf Warlock

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: First night out

Post by Dink » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:30 pm

LinusMundane wrote:Listen 1d20+5=10
Seems you are concentrating on the combat at hand. Nothing to hear.
Image Dungeon Master (2)

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6872
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: First night out

Post by Duniagdra » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:58 pm

Initiative (1d20+4=23)
Though I'm observing the new patrons and their abrupt entry, I'm still seated at the moment, but I loose my mace, which is opposite them and keep my hand in the grip. Weapon effectively drawn, but not exposed.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: First night out

Post by Dink » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:29 am

Aaannnd ... Action
While the Selune Paladin scans the bar, he stops scanning in the lower right corner.
Ruffian 1 starts moving towards the back door.
After about two seconds the man (J10) jumps up and - because he is too terrified he looses control and falls down.
You can smell that he starts sweating and that it takes all his strength to get up again.
Just in that very moment a crossbolt hits his thigh and you hear crushing bones.
The man goes down, still alife, but too weak to continue.

Very satisfied the Paladin moves closer to the booth in lower right corner, putting the crossbow on the table (H4) while he is talking.

Paladin oviously talking to J9:
"Ssooo... as you all know today is the holiday of Selune and YOU DARE TO COME TO THIS TAVERN.
You are truely evil and very dumb to challenge a Paladin of our Lady by showing up in public on such a day.
We know all about your dirty little activities, and you still think you can outsmarten us."

At this moment the back door opens (outwards) and another two Thugs are visible.

"So let me guess. You have very ..."

Your turn
The Selune Paladin will continue talking if you do nothing. But this is your chance.

Initive
Find it in the picture
If anyone knows how to make multiple lines (as I did with initive) let me know.

Damage
H10 - 6 Damage
------------------------------------------------------------------------
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Dungeon Master (2)

User avatar
apwhite
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 399
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:28 pm
Location: St George, Utah
Contact:

Re: First night out

Post by apwhite » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:59 am

Galean (G9) will sit at her chair in G9 and carefully watch the Paladin and the movements near the back door.

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5785
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Waterbury, CT

Re: First night out

Post by shai-hulud » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:11 am

G5 says in a bit of a squeeky, muffled voice, Those with my condition sometimes forget the laws. I thank you for reminding me!
OUT OF CHARACTER
Bluff (leprosy) (1d20-3=-2)

 

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: First night out

Post by Dink » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:31 am

shai-hulud wrote:G5 says in a bit of a squeeky, muffled voice, Those with my condition sometimes forget the laws. I thank you for reminding me!
OUT OF CHARACTER
Bluff (leprosy) (1d20-3=-2)

 

Ruffian 2 says
"You drunken asshole, stop bubbling."
Image Dungeon Master (2)

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: First night out

Post by Benji » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:47 am

That does it! J5 yells out in outrage as he gets to his feet. Shaar! You bastards have ruined enough lives! My name is Polian, and I say no more! He moves to I5 and punches Ruffian2.
OUT OF CHARACTER
+3 to hit, 1d6+3 damage.

 

Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
apwhite
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 399
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:28 pm
Location: St George, Utah
Contact:

Re: First night out

Post by apwhite » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:25 pm

Galean will take advantage of the distraction provided by the characters at J5'ish and will lean close enough to talk to the person at H10 (with the crossbow bolt in the leg) and say This will get ugly quickly, are you able to your feet and defend yourself. That zealot won't stop with just your leg.

If the paladin turns around and is distracted by the brawl, Galean will assist the injured person to his feet.

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6872
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: First night out

Post by Duniagdra » Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:26 pm

Seeing that the fight is beginning, I stand and take a full defense stance watching the actions of everyone.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

Locked

Return to “{PbP} League of Ultimate Evil [ENDED]”