First night out

Believe in Shar, the goddess of those who have lost everything and who wish revenge. The League of Ultimate Evil will rule the land in the future. Evil is not defined as killing one, but to rule them all. This is the gift of Shar ....
User avatar
apwhite
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 399
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:28 pm
Location: St George, Utah
Contact:

Re: First night out

Post by apwhite » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:23 pm

I will join you directly she sends through the Message spell. Galean will heed the warnings through the Message spell and quickly dispatch the Shar Priest whispering to him May Shar receive you to her breast. It is better to go this way than to be tortured by Selunies. Following that she will loot his pocket for valuables. Then she will run to catch up with the others.

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: First night out

Post by Dink » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:14 am

Galean comes out of the tavern just shortly after she spoke to you.
SpoilerShow
You find a holy symbol, 20 CC and two shackles.
The shakles looks exactly as those used in prison. Each come with a 10 inch chain. They look somehow special.
Spoiler to be opened by Galean only

As you talk you continue to move towards the temple as Karashin shows you a way, which goes right through the second line of trees outside the town.

After 20 minutes - in the middle of nothing special - Karashin stops and says:
I saw people open a hidden door in the ground. I am sure it was here.
We are now behing the Shar temple.


Everyone who once moved through town, knows that you are behind the temple

Additional Actions
You may take a Skill:Listen check to find out if you hear something special
Image Dungeon Master (2)

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6872
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: First night out

Post by Duniagdra » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:57 am

Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
LinusMundane
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 473
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:27 pm
Location: Berlin, NJ
Contact:

Re: First night out

Post by LinusMundane » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:08 am

Image Glugglug; Orcish Paladin of Tyranny
Image Bone Crushnsmash; Fighter of the Bloodthirst School
Image Collin; Monk
Image Nani; Rogue
Image Dwanthor; Hill Dwarf Warlock

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: First night out

Post by Dink » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:47 am

I guess those two checks are sufficient to say, that you hear a mob in front of the temple.

But as you know, the temple itself is a safe place.
Being the temple of an evil goddess it's always the first place to look for if bad things happen.
Image Dungeon Master (2)

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6872
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: First night out

Post by Duniagdra » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:55 am

Aamon signals everyone who hasn't heard the mob at the front so no one is caught off guard.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
LinusMundane
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 473
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:27 pm
Location: Berlin, NJ
Contact:

Re: First night out

Post by LinusMundane » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:24 am

Glug whispers, We must make haste and get inside the temple, please hurry!
Image Glugglug; Orcish Paladin of Tyranny
Image Bone Crushnsmash; Fighter of the Bloodthirst School
Image Collin; Monk
Image Nani; Rogue
Image Dwanthor; Hill Dwarf Warlock

User avatar
apwhite
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 399
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:28 pm
Location: St George, Utah
Contact:

Re: First night out

Post by apwhite » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:53 am

Galean runs up to meet with the group. She takes he place helping Glug carry the Scholar.

Upon hearing of the secret door, she offers, Then start looking everyone. We don't want to be exposed out here when the crowds get unruely.

She begins searching the grounds for hidden mechanisms and secret doors. Being naturally suspicious, she scours the grounds carefully.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Galean takes possession of the items listed.

 


User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: First night out

Post by Dink » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:27 pm

Galean
SpoilerShow
You find the location of the trap door, because a lot of footsteps end at a certain location, but you are not able to see it.
Image Dungeon Master (2)

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5785
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Waterbury, CT

Re: First night out

Post by shai-hulud » Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:59 pm

Lanzer begins squeaking, calling forth any rats in the area that might be around. Should one answer his call, he asks the rat, Rat: Lead me in the path that most humans go when they come here.

Should a rat take him along the path, he will explain to the others, Rats are my friends. This one is showing me where other humans have gone.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6872
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: First night out

Post by Duniagdra » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:24 pm

shai-hulud wrote:Lanzer begins squeaking, calling forth any rats in the area that might be around. Should one answer his call, he asks the rat, Rat: Lead me in the path that most humans go when they come here.

Should a rat take him along the path, he will explain to the others, Rats are my friends. This one is showing me where other humans have gone.
Hopefully that won't be to the front. Aamon says softly, a bit of a snick to his tone.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: First night out

Post by Dink » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:46 pm

Spoiler
SpoilerShow
The rat leads you to a point where Galean is standing a bit puzzled.
You can see that footsteps end at a certain point, but cannot see a mechanism how to enter the earth.
Image Dungeon Master (2)

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5785
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Waterbury, CT

Re: First night out

Post by shai-hulud » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:52 pm

Puzzled himself, and not terribly bright, Lanzer tries digging at the location with his hands. His uncoordinated efforts likely don't lead anywhere, except perhaps in the form of taking 20 on a search check of the location indicated (that's a 20 total). He also checks his pockets for anything edible that he can toss to his new friend. If he doesn't have anything edible, how about a copper piece he can toss? Rats like shiny things.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6872
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: First night out

Post by Duniagdra » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:50 pm

Clearly, seeing Lanzer trying to dig and searching in a particular spot, Aamon walks over. What ya got there? Anything I might be able to help with?
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

BusyCowboy
BusyCowboy
BusyCowboy
Posts: 365
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:37 pm
Location: Onalaska, WA

Re: First night out

Post by BusyCowboy » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:14 pm

Shaking his head This is what you call discreet? as he looks for shadows to hide and to get a better look at what is going on around the entrance to the temple...away from the others.

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5785
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Waterbury, CT

Re: First night out

Post by shai-hulud » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:16 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
How close is the party to the entrance? I thought this was a fairly safe place that we were currently, and that what was going on at the entrance was, "off in the distance"

 

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

User avatar
apwhite
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 399
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:28 pm
Location: St George, Utah
Contact:

Re: First night out

Post by apwhite » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:51 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
We can always to an "Aid" DC15 on an Aid boosts someone else's search by +2. Galean only has +3 search.

 

Can anyone Detect Magical auras? Perhaps a spoken word or maybe this? Galean then brandishes the holy symbol, which she lifted from the fallen priest, in an authoritative way. THINKING: I hope this works or I will look like an idiot.

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: First night out

Post by Dink » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:40 am

BusyCowboy wrote:Shaking his head This is what you call discreet? as he looks for shadows to hide and to get a better look at what is going on around the entrance to the temple...away from the others.

<span>
SpoilerShow
[url=<a href="http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2264198/]Hide/Move" class="smarterwiki-linkify">http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2264198/]Hide/Move</a> Silently Check (1d20+9=14, 1d20+9=19)[/url]
</span>
sorry to mention, but for the moment you are a SHE.

You see a mob of about 20 in front of the temple. But every minute there are about another 5 to join them. So its up to you how long you want to take a look at this.
There are no Selune officials yet.
Image Dungeon Master (2)

BusyCowboy
BusyCowboy
BusyCowboy
Posts: 365
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:37 pm
Location: Onalaska, WA

Re: First night out

Post by BusyCowboy » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:08 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
Sigh

 

Returning back to the group SHE reports her findings We got a big issue happening. So far there are a LOT of creatures in front of this temple. When I left about 5 more showed up. I wasn't going to stay long to find out who or what they really are.

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6872
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: First night out

Post by Duniagdra » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:57 am

Seeing that two "companions" appear to be fixated on a particular spot, and hearing of the growing mob, Aamon decides to give a try at finding what they seem to have found.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: First night out

Post by Dink » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:15 am

Delair is getting nervous and fears not to get into the temple in time, so that she helps searching. But she is simply too afraid.

Melon who is well known in the local bar to find coins on the floor, takes part in the search too. She points out to Galean:
Look over here, I think this is part of the door.

With that Galean can make out the door.
It's well hidden and Galean is sure that without knowing where about it is she would have never found it.

The door
The door is made of plain wooden planks and is hidden with grass, leaves and the like.
Plus there is some kind of illusion doing the rest of the job.
Unfortunately you cannot bypass the door, because it's locked.

The good news: It's locked by some kind of mechanism you can see.
The bad news: It looks really tough to beat.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Galean: if you help the others, everyone who made a search check of at least 15 can see the door.

You can open it either by using SKILL:OpenLock or SKILL:DisableDevice

 

Image Dungeon Master (2)

User avatar
apwhite
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 399
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:28 pm
Location: St George, Utah
Contact:

Re: First night out

Post by apwhite » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:50 am

Galean looks at the door and the mechanism. She turns to the others and reports, I believe I can bypass this mechanism. Sadly I lack proper tools. I will have to improvise. Someone with steady hands assist me. And if anyone has a set of theives tools, it would be a good time to bring them out.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Beguilers can work traps, but this character was not issued any tools. :evil: I have a +5 as I stand. Someone will need to Aid Another:Disable Device DC15 gives me a +2 which can help a bit.

 

Disable Device using improvised tools (1d20+5=14) If it is not high enough, I will retry the next round saying, Hold off that crowd, I can get it. Someone give me hand.
SpoilerShow
IC pooped out when I was to make my second roll. Dink--if my character would have been issued thieve's tools, then add +2 to my rolls. If someone is able to Aid me, then I get another +2. If I fail on my 2nd attempt, I will try a 3rd time with Aid and possibly use an Action Point (if I get at least a 16) .

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: First night out

Post by Dink » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:56 am

apwhite wrote:... Action Point ...
The crowd is getting louder, but for now it's just because there are more of them.
They are not yet coming closer.
Image Dungeon Master (2)

User avatar
apwhite
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 399
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:28 pm
Location: St George, Utah
Contact:

Re: First night out

Post by apwhite » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:24 am

Dink wrote: The crowd is getting louder, but for now it's just because there are more of them.
They are not yet coming closer.
Then I keep retrying until I bypass the mechanism, cursing that I don't have proper tools of course. As soon as it looks like we are in danger, I will use my action point to get us in.

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: First night out

Post by Dink » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:48 am

apwhite wrote:Then I keep retrying until I bypass the mechanism, cursing that I don't have proper tools of course. As soon as it looks like we are in danger, I will use my action point to get us in.
OUT OF CHARACTER
You cannot take 20 on this mechanism, because you do not have the proper tools to open it.
Without there is a chance to break it.

for Galean:
[spoiler]Either you get help or you send me 5 rolls and I see if one of them opens it.[/spoiler]

 

Image Dungeon Master (2)

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5785
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Waterbury, CT

Re: First night out

Post by shai-hulud » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:47 pm

apwhite wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
Beguilers can work traps, but this character was not issued any tools. :evil: I have a +5 as I stand. Someone will need to Aid Another:Disable Device DC15 gives me a +2 which can help a bit.

 

Out of curiosity, why do you keep saying that you need a DC 15 to aid another?
SRD wrote:Aid Another

You can help another character achieve success on his or her skill check by making the same kind of skill check in a cooperative effort. If you roll a 10 or higher on your check, the character you are helping gets a +2 bonus to his or her check, as per the rule for favorable conditions. (You can’t take 10 on a skill check to aid another.) In many cases, a character’s help won’t be beneficial, or only a limited number of characters can help at once.
Emphasis mine
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5785
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Waterbury, CT

Re: First night out

Post by shai-hulud » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:51 pm

While Lanzer is untrained in Disable Device, he attempts to stick his tiny hand down to see if he can help pry the latch.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Can a Strength check act as an Aid Another attempt in this case?

InvisibleCastle is down. I'll try to get the roll up before you validate, but if you are validating before I can roll, please roll for me:

Str: 1d20-5 [spoiler]Yes, that is minus five. Yes, his strength is 1.[/spoiler]

 

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: First night out

Post by Dink » Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:44 pm

shai-hulud wrote:While Lanzer is untrained in Disable Device, he attempts to stick his tiny hand down to see if he can help pry the latch.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Can a Strength check act as an Aid Another attempt in this case?

 

It only can if you know where to push. Therefore: no.
Image Dungeon Master (2)

User avatar
LinusMundane
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 473
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:27 pm
Location: Berlin, NJ
Contact:

Re: First night out

Post by LinusMundane » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:57 pm

While the others are fiddling around with the door, Glug will whisper to the scholarAre your injuries able to be healed? If so, we can probably take care of that for you once we are safe. How are you holding up otherwise?
Image Glugglug; Orcish Paladin of Tyranny
Image Bone Crushnsmash; Fighter of the Bloodthirst School
Image Collin; Monk
Image Nani; Rogue
Image Dwanthor; Hill Dwarf Warlock

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: First night out

Post by Dink » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:00 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
I will be out of town until Sunday evening. Probably I can validate once more today.

 

Glugglug talks to the scholar, who replies:
All the time I am afraid to faint. I hope I make it inside.
OUT OF CHARACTER
He is at 1 HP.

 

Galean and the others try to open the door.
After Galean tried seven different ways to open the door, it finally works.

All of you rush in and in the very moment, when the door closes a dim light turn on.
You are in an underground passage which leads about 80 yards straight on. It's stone walled and stone paved.
With every 4 yards the light grows brighter.

After 40 yards you look back and see that you passed through 10 crossing laser beams (covering the whole area). It looks pretty much like Fort Knox down here, but nothing happend so far. There are no further laser beams visible ahead, but you neither see any before.

At the end you can see that stone steps lead up, with no opening.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Let me know if you continue to the end

 

All NPCs are shaken by walking down here. They think, they might have had a better chance to survive giving up to the Selunies than walking down here.
Image Dungeon Master (2)

Locked

Return to “{PbP} League of Ultimate Evil [ENDED]”