Inside the Shar Temple

Believe in Shar, the goddess of those who have lost everything and who wish revenge. The League of Ultimate Evil will rule the land in the future. Evil is not defined as killing one, but to rule them all. This is the gift of Shar ....
User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 6000
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Meriden, CT

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by shai-hulud » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:27 pm

Lanzer has spent this time in contemplation.

THINKING: Am I prepared to be a priest? Much is at stake here... Yes, I will attempt it!
OUT OF CHARACTER
Fort save vs. Death (1d20+2=8)

 

Please, make me a priest, as well.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Image Kolgu 'Sparky' Dermott: Android Rogue/Wizard
Image Garrick Cae'Sarr: Human Bard
Image Hormy Noodzo: Goblin Hunter

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6926
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by Duniagdra » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:54 pm

Well, I guess we're camping here for the night. This is awesome.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 533
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by Dink » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:58 am

[quote="Dink"]A new Priest is born
(Lanzer)
Please, make me a priest, as well.

Again - the newcomer points at Lanzer and signs him to come closer.
As Lanzer takes his first step towards the newcomer he replies:
I meant you, not your shell.

Lanzer leaves his shell behind and climbs out of the shell's head and walks to the newcomer. The newcomer offer his hand and lifts Lanzer, so that he can whisper to him.
Only for Lanzer...
SpoilerShow
You know this comes with quite some danger to your life. I can make you a powerful cleric with just one word.
But I guess the party needs a cleric more than anything else.
So I would like to test you before it's too late and I destroyed you.

With that powers beyond belief and pain you have never seen anyone to take overcome you.
This last only for a split second. Then he replies:
You are not as tough as you think, hmmm. I will give you a start, but you have to do the learning yourself.
Then the pain return, but stronger. You faint.
When you wake up again, you still see everything through a veil of everturning eyes. Someone or something whispers, yells, cries, thinks, throws words...
I welcome you back to Shar's world. Be a good priest.
You can see that after a few whispered words Lanzer is terrified. Really terrified.
Just to receive a few more whispered words and to drop dead, as you have seen it before.
After 5 minutes he gains conciousness and the newcomer places him on the head of his host body.

With that the newcomer walks over to the magical summoning circle, which starts to glow brighter again.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Still the guy is not gone. I will validate again tomorrow. That long you have time to talk to him, if needed.

 

Image Zwollex: Dwarf Cleric

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6926
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by Duniagdra » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:35 am

Aamon goes to Lanzer and asks him quietly, Was it worth it?
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 6000
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Meriden, CT

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by shai-hulud » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:41 am

Lanzer squeaks and stammers, I... I don't know. I feel... different. I feel... He trails off before finishing his statement. THINKING: ...I feel afraid... How much time has it been?
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Image Kolgu 'Sparky' Dermott: Android Rogue/Wizard
Image Garrick Cae'Sarr: Human Bard
Image Hormy Noodzo: Goblin Hunter

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6926
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by Duniagdra » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:44 pm

shai-hulud wrote:Lanzer squeaks and stammers, I... I don't know. I feel... different. I feel... He trails off before finishing his statement. THINKING: ...I feel afraid... How much time has it been?
Not so long as you may feel perhaps. Come, lets have a seat. Aamon escorts Lanzer to a nearby wall and sits leaning against the wall. You'll have time to rest as it seems we're stuck waiting for this new cleric to rest up and return, in the morning I think.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

BusyCowboy
BusyCowboy
BusyCowboy
Posts: 365
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:37 pm
Location: Onalaska, WA

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by BusyCowboy » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:00 pm

She looks up and watches the others, shaking her head And we know this one is telling the truth...how? One of these demon things is lying to us, question is, which one? Was his act just a trick to deceive us or is it the truth he speaks. I say start interrogating the girl as she points. She then looks up at the demon Well demon? What say you?

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 533
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by Dink » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:05 pm

BusyCowboy wrote:She looks up and watches the others, shaking her head And we know this one is telling the truth...how? One of these demon things is lying to us, question is, which one? Was his act just a trick to deceive us or is it the truth he speaks. I say start interrogating the girl as she points. She then looks up at the demon Well demon? What say you?
I say: You are right.
Ask the new priest. She will have the answers you are looking for.

Oh - come here, would you?
Image Zwollex: Dwarf Cleric

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by Benji » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:15 pm

Temporarily ignoring the newcomer, Polian walks over to Aamon and Lanzer. So... You wanted to become a priest, huh? Did it work?
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 6000
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Meriden, CT

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by shai-hulud » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:18 pm

Lanzer, still weak, whispers, I'm... not sure... I still don't feel well... I want to rest for a bit. Ask me in a few hours...
OUT OF CHARACTER
Lanzer begins contemplating/praying upon what has just transpired, attempting to gain perspective. After the contemplation period, I hope he will have his spells for the day... Dink?

 

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Image Kolgu 'Sparky' Dermott: Android Rogue/Wizard
Image Garrick Cae'Sarr: Human Bard
Image Hormy Noodzo: Goblin Hunter

BusyCowboy
BusyCowboy
BusyCowboy
Posts: 365
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:37 pm
Location: Onalaska, WA

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by BusyCowboy » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:34 am

Looking at the demon and then wanders over to it while waiting for the priestess to start explaining a few things.

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 6000
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Meriden, CT

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by shai-hulud » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:50 am

Once Lanzer completes his contemplation, he will test out his new found power. He will attempt to cast Lesser Vigor upon himself.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Should heal 11 hp over 11 rounds, if it works

 

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Image Kolgu 'Sparky' Dermott: Android Rogue/Wizard
Image Garrick Cae'Sarr: Human Bard
Image Hormy Noodzo: Goblin Hunter

User avatar
LinusMundane
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 471
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:27 pm
Location: Berlin, NJ
Contact:

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by LinusMundane » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:00 pm

Seeing that we have a cleric of some sort now, Glug will approach If your power is real, use it on me, I am badly hurt.
Image Glugglug; Orcish Paladin of Tyranny
Image Bone Crushnsmash; Fighter of the Bloodthirst School
Image Collin; Monk
Image Nani; Rogue
Image Dwanthor; Hill Dwarf Warlock

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 533
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by Dink » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:37 pm

The Newcomer leaves
Karashin walks over to the newcomer.
He takes two shackles from behind his back (you are sure you would have seen them before).

Then he drops them on the floor and says:
Karashin take these. If one of you should fall in battle use the shackle with the blue ribbon on him.
And now I will leave.


With these words he steps in the summoning circle and with a loud "PFOPPPpppp" he and the circle disappear.
OUT OF CHARACTER
From what you wrote I take it, that you try to make it as comfortable for the night as possible.
Lanzer awakes from a deep slumber and gains his spells after one hour of praying.

 

Image Zwollex: Dwarf Cleric

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6926
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by Duniagdra » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:31 pm

Stretching from a night of sleeping on the floor instead of out side, Aamon stands and sees Lanzer wrapping up his morning prayers. And how are you this morning? Feeling any better, different than from before?
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

BusyCowboy
BusyCowboy
BusyCowboy
Posts: 365
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:37 pm
Location: Onalaska, WA

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by BusyCowboy » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:52 am

Karashin looks at the shackles with the blue ribbon I wonder where these came from... as she puts them in her bag and shrugs I guess these might come in handy at some point and time. Why I would want to save anyone here at this point is beyond what I would care to know. as she continues to mumble to herself.

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 6000
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Meriden, CT

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by shai-hulud » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:13 am

Lanzer looks around for injuries that his new power might heal.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Is Polian still injured?

 

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Image Kolgu 'Sparky' Dermott: Android Rogue/Wizard
Image Garrick Cae'Sarr: Human Bard
Image Hormy Noodzo: Goblin Hunter

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by Benji » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:19 am

shai-hulud wrote:Lanzer looks around for injuries that his new power might heal.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Is Polian still injured?

 

OUT OF CHARACTER
Yeah, he should still have some damage.

 

So. Polian says, working his way through a mantra. Where to now?
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

rickynumber24
Horseman
Horseman
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:48 pm

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by rickynumber24 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:59 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Apologies for not posting much... nothing terribly important has been coming to mind, so I've been neglecting to say anything. :roll:

 

Veszquiri asks, Could someone fill me in on what happened your last night? My addition to this little party may or may not have been accidental, but that does not mean I know what is going on. We need to wait for our returning cleric anyway.
Image Veszquiri Arkenmtor - Drow Transmuter 1

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 533
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by Dink » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:58 pm

BusyCowboy wrote:... as she puts them in her bag and shrugs...
SpoilerShow
The shackles weight is 6 pounds each.
Image Zwollex: Dwarf Cleric

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6926
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by Duniagdra » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:18 pm

To Veszquiri, Aamon gives the short story, A big demon and a humanish demon guy both want us to retrieve some rod of Oblivion, that they themselves cannot get for some reason. Maybe they are too week, maybe they are afraid. Each of us can only get one piece of the whole and it's in seven pieces. The Big demon bestowed us with something that will allow us each to know when we have found the one only that one can tough. This big guy wants us here in 18 months. This other guy wants us here in twelve. I say tough on both, we get here when we get here and make them fight it out between them for it. But either way, we're the ones to get it, and get it we will. Returning with it and returning at a particular timeframe, well, we'll see how things turn out.

Where is this damn cleric who is giving us what we need to know in order to get started?
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

rickynumber24
Horseman
Horseman
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:48 pm

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by rickynumber24 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:49 pm

This cleric, the one I hear died and is apparently being reincarnated? How did you end up meeting with him, and did you know he was this important then? I guess it doesn't matter. He or she is important now.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Alright, I'll admit it: It's easier to ask you guys what happened in the tavern than to go look it up myself, though I do think she would be asking these questions anyway. (Besides, I doubt I need the gory details.)

 

Image Veszquiri Arkenmtor - Drow Transmuter 1

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 533
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by Dink » Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:52 pm

The dead priest returns in the shape of a beautiful woman
Open damage after this night:
Polian 6 Damage this morning
Glugglug 7 Damage this morning
Yourself 8 damage this morning

Everyone is around to await the young - new - woman - priest.
Just about an hour after you all got up, you can hear the priest returning from the magical portal to her sleeping chamber.
She is alone and steps up to you.

As your questions and then be gone. I have some rituals to do. I need to seal the temple for two week.
Image Zwollex: Dwarf Cleric

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 6000
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Meriden, CT

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by shai-hulud » Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:07 pm

Lanzer tests out his new power, attempting to cast a Curative Blessing of Shar.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Fort save (DC 11) (1d20+4=5)
Damage to self (1d4-1=2)

 

As he pulls forth the power, he was not expecting it to overcome him as it did. The energies ravage his tiny body, and a burst of blood spews from his ears as he collapses to the ground, near death. Unwilling to relent, he attempts the magics again.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Fort save (DC 11 again) (1d20+4=20)
Channeling healing into himself first:
Healing to self (1d6+1=7)
Channeling healing into Polian next:
Healing to Polian (1d6=4)

 

Pleased with his new power, and his increasing mastery thereof, Lanzer attempts one more casting (his last for the day), pushing his limits to the maximum:
OUT OF CHARACTER
Fort save (DC 15) (1d20+4=5)

Damage to self (2d4-1=7)

 

Unfortunately, again, the energies overwhelmed him. He will need practice before he is capable of pulling that much energy from Shar. He makes one final casting of Cure Minor Wounds upon himself.
OUT OF CHARACTER
That should leave damage totals at:
Lanzer 9 damage
Polian 2 damage
Glugglug 7 damage

 

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Image Kolgu 'Sparky' Dermott: Android Rogue/Wizard
Image Garrick Cae'Sarr: Human Bard
Image Hormy Noodzo: Goblin Hunter

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 533
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by Dink » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:53 am

shai-hulud wrote:...
OUT OF CHARACTER
Fort save (DC 11 again) (1d20+4=20)
Channeling healing into himself first:
Healing to self (1d6+1=7)
Channeling healing into Polian next:
Healing to Polian (1d6=4)

 

OUT OF CHARACTER
Works like a charm. Just one thing to mention from my side: (For Lanzer)
[spoiler]You can roll both d6 at once and dived as you like. Right when you do your Fort Save you know how much energy you have to give.[/spoiler]

 

Image Zwollex: Dwarf Cleric

rickynumber24
Horseman
Horseman
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:48 pm

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by rickynumber24 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:27 pm

Seeing nobody speaking up yet, Veszquiri asks the priest, Since everyone else seems to be as unclear on it as I am, could you explain what this little party I stumbled into is supposed to be doing? For one thing, we were told that you knew more about this rod we've been asked to find.
Image Veszquiri Arkenmtor - Drow Transmuter 1

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 533
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by Dink » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:32 am

First Answers by the Priest
Veszquiri - what you stumbled into is the search for an ancient rod.
The rod is said to be created when the gods came to life.

And then - it was about 100 years ago when Shar gave her right hand the command to look for this rod, so that her believe will become more common on earth.

The former right hand of Shar managed to get the rod.
But the night before he was supposed to use it for Shar he tried to use it for his own good and failed.
The rod fell into the hands of Selune priests and they destroyed the rod.

But since the rod is so old and holds so much magic it cannot be fully destroyed.
But they cut it into 7 pieces and each was hidden at a different Selune temple and only a few of the higher priests knew where these parts where hidden.

About two years ago I was send to find out where these pieces are hidden, but even killing most of these older priests did not reveal a full picture of where these pieces are.

What I know is that each piece is hidden in a Selune temple.
Each piece is hidden in a town which has something to do with the elements.
And I know for sure, that one piece is in Winterheaven.

We know about Winterheaven for almost two years now, but we did not go there, because we did not want to arise suspision. But about 2 weeks ago something happened in Winterheaven. We do not kow yet what happened.

So your first task would be to go to Winterheaven and retrieve the piece of the rod and find out what happened.


After a few seconds he says:
If you need healing, let me know.
And here - take these two healing portions, this portion of Strength and these two ehm ...
portions, but you have to find out what they do yourself.
Image Zwollex: Dwarf Cleric

rickynumber24
Horseman
Horseman
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:48 pm

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by rickynumber24 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:10 am

Thank you, priest. I feel quite well, although some of my fellows may need some tending to... or possibly just rest, now. One of them seems to be trying out his newfound power.
OUT OF CHARACTER
I am adding the potions to Veszquiri's inventory, under the assumption that they were given directly to her.

 

Image Veszquiri Arkenmtor - Drow Transmuter 1

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6926
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by Duniagdra » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:17 am

an annoyed tone: Good, we have someplace to go. let's get to it.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6926
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by Duniagdra » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:21 am

Oh, tell me one thing if you will. Why is it that the two who have put us to the task of this mission cannot get the pieces themselves?
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

Locked

Return to “{PbP} League of Ultimate Evil [ENDED]”