Inside the Shar Temple

Believe in Shar, the goddess of those who have lost everything and who wish revenge. The League of Ultimate Evil will rule the land in the future. Evil is not defined as killing one, but to rule them all. This is the gift of Shar ....
User avatar
LinusMundane
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 471
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:27 pm
Location: Berlin, NJ
Contact:

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by LinusMundane » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:18 pm

Seeing his brethren dying/dead, Glug will look around frantically for something with some kind of reach to it(a pole or something similar)

Search check to find a pole: (1d20-2=12)

If he finds none, he will move to H13 and attempt to reach out with his hand(while not over extending so he would fall in) and pull the closest Paladin out, if that cannot easily be done, Glug will be satisfied that he made an attempt.

THINKING: I have to make an attempt at least, what would they do to me if I just sat back and watched the paladins die
Last edited by LinusMundane on Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Glugglug; Orcish Paladin of Tyranny
Image Bone Crushnsmash; Fighter of the Bloodthirst School
Image Collin; Monk
Image Nani; Rogue
Image Dwanthor; Hill Dwarf Warlock

User avatar
apwhite
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 399
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:28 pm
Location: St George, Utah
Contact:

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by apwhite » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:01 pm

Seeing Glug attempt to interfere with the ritual, Galean ponders to herself, THINKING: That Glug was a good person. I am going to miss him. I hope he doesn't own me any money.

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6926
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by Duniagdra » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:00 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Might not be required, but just in case, Spot/Search (1d20+8=16, 1d20+7=15) Aamon would be looking about the place keeping an eye on what's happening. Would he see Glug from where he is trying to help the Paladins? If so,

 

THINKING: Our fates are preordained. It's the fates of those Paladins to die. That's why they were here. Because it's their time to die. This Glug should be aware of this. But could this be the reason we are here? Maybe not all of them are to die? Or is it that all of us are to die this day. If I'm to die, then at least I can die trying to live.
OUT OF CHARACTER
His next action will be determined by the next update.

 

Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
LinusMundane
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 471
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:27 pm
Location: Berlin, NJ
Contact:

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by LinusMundane » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:55 pm

Image Glugglug; Orcish Paladin of Tyranny
Image Bone Crushnsmash; Fighter of the Bloodthirst School
Image Collin; Monk
Image Nani; Rogue
Image Dwanthor; Hill Dwarf Warlock

BusyCowboy
BusyCowboy
BusyCowboy
Posts: 365
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:37 pm
Location: Onalaska, WA

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by BusyCowboy » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:58 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
Sorry for my absence. Forgot to post that here.

 

Karashin looks at the things that took a sudden turn and shakes her head. Well now, that was amusing. as she walks towards the large demony looking thing (B10) and looks up.

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 533
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by Dink » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:11 pm

Your Actions
Aamon gets unnoticed to E29.
Aamon can see all that is happening.

(Lanzer)Who are you? Where did you come from? Do you know what is happening?
(Veszquiri)You can call me Veszquiri. Some demons took me when my master died during the Ritual of Bonding. We might want to get out of the way.

Veszquiri knows ...
SpoilerShow
The small creatures are somehow connected to a plain with/of blood. The large one is strange: On the one hand he looks like from this plane and on the other hand, he looks like he is just too big.
Veszquiri and Lanzer move to Melon and Delair.

Glugglug looks for a pole or alike but cannot find one. He moves to H13, but at G13 he almost slips on the blood so that he slides into H13 a bit uncontrolled (the blood in the pool bubbles and therefore there is blood all around the pool).
But he manages to keep standing.
The next paladin to him tries to grab one of Glugglug's legs in his panic, but Glugglug realizes in time, that he cannot help the paladin without dying himself. He manages to get away from the paladin.
The paladin is dead now, but still one arm is on top of the blood.

Galean is mainly thinking

Karashin moves to F13, which is the most she can walk in this action phase.
Well now, that was amusing.


The Bad One Talks
While the action ceases the big one starts talking:
Now now...
Now that those who believed in the wrong doing are no longer with us, I want to talk to those who know it better.
Come here and listen to me and do as I ask.
Don't be shy; come here, so that I can see you.

(He points to G14)
And then you hear right in your head, in an unbelievable soft voice:
Please
spoken with never heard beauty, flowing as only a non-lit moon-streak can do.
Your heart feels lighter and the voice meant only you. It's as if someone very special finally opens his eyes and looks right into your heart and reflects all the unseen beauty you carry in there. At the same time you are reminded why you believe so strong in Shar. All the bad things that happened to you and now this clear vision of yourself.


Unnoticed by you the smaller daemons move through the room.


Damage overall
Glugglug – 10 Damage
Polian – 7 Damage
Scholar – 6 Damage (prone with crossbow bolt)
NPCs
Temple Cleric - Dead
9 of 10 Paladins - dead
1 of 10 Paladins - drowning
------------------------------------------------------------------------
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Zwollex: Dwarf Cleric

User avatar
LinusMundane
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 471
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:27 pm
Location: Berlin, NJ
Contact:

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by LinusMundane » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:19 pm

Astonished at the voice in his head, Glug will simply turn around and face the "the big one"
Image Glugglug; Orcish Paladin of Tyranny
Image Bone Crushnsmash; Fighter of the Bloodthirst School
Image Collin; Monk
Image Nani; Rogue
Image Dwanthor; Hill Dwarf Warlock

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6926
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by Duniagdra » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:05 pm

Compelled to oblige, Aamon moves as close as he can, avoiding the blood altogether.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

rickynumber24
Horseman
Horseman
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:48 pm

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by rickynumber24 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:37 pm

Vezsquiri walks gingerly around the nearest grate to E10.
Image Veszquiri Arkenmtor - Drow Transmuter 1

User avatar
apwhite
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 399
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:28 pm
Location: St George, Utah
Contact:

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by apwhite » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:53 pm

Galean follows the instructions knowing that she is but a bug compared to this monster.

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6926
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by Duniagdra » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:29 pm

Duniagdra wrote:Compelled to oblige, Aamon moves as close as he can, avoiding the blood altogether.
If Aamon has enough movement to get near where indicated, Aamon would then drop to a knee looking up to him, In Shar's name I serve. I am here to receive her message.

If he does not have enough movement, then once he reaches there he will say that.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 533
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by Dink » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:08 am

Your Actions
The next action waits until all have moved in.
(Lanzer and Karashin have been moved by me for the story to continue)
(Aamon)In Shar's name I serve. I am here to receive her message.


The Bad One Talks
Daemon 1 points looks at Veszquiri and tries to show him to move closer to the front.

(Big One)I am very please to see that you are true believers of Shar.
Myself - I am the right hand of Shar. I used to be one of you until Shar called me into her ranks and now I am here to give you a direct order from Shar.


He points at Melon and Delair:
You two will serve this temple. Go and clean the altar, this is none of your business.

Then he returns to the rest of you:
Each of you has to bring me one piece of the rod of Oblivios.
Each of you can only touch one piece at a time otherwise you would die.
You will find out who can touch which one.
I need you to bring these parts to me within 1.5 years.
Now I will ask you something and I only take a YES.


Then his voice changes into a chanting:
Magic: Will you get the 7 parts of the Rod of Oblivios within the next 1.5 years?

In front of you shows up a globe containing 7 sparks.
And in your head is again this very very touching Please

Damage overall
Glugglug – 10 Damage
Polian – 7 Damage
Scholar – 6 Damage (prone with crossbow bolt)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Zwollex: Dwarf Cleric

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 6007
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Meriden, CT

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by shai-hulud » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:41 am

Lanzer thinks for a moment, THINKING: Have I heard of this rod before? The Rod of Oblivios?
OUT OF CHARACTER
Knowledge: Religion (1d20+1=13)

Based on that roll, I'm guessing not, but if he does, I'll update my post.

 

Lanzer looks confused, but replies, Yes. He waits for everyone else's response, then asks, What is this rod? What does it do?
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Image Kolgu 'Sparky' Dermott: Android Rogue/Wizard
Image Garrick Cae'Sarr: Human Bard
Image Hormy Noodzo: Goblin Hunter

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6926
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by Duniagdra » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:15 am

Looking to Lanzer, Aamon says bluntly, What it does does not concern you. It's name should say enough. To the "Big One", If this is what Shar asks of me, only my death will keep me from succeeding. I intend on succeeding and being there at her side as she brings to bear her destruction of Sarenrae. YES!
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
apwhite
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 399
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:28 pm
Location: St George, Utah
Contact:

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by apwhite » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:24 am

Yes.

rickynumber24
Horseman
Horseman
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:48 pm

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by rickynumber24 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:55 am

Veszquiri steps in to F12.

I will.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Frankly, that pool of blood still makes me nervous, even if this situation is not necessarily threatening...

Knowledge (arcana) to recognize what the Rod of Oblivios is (1d20+8=15)
Somehow, I suspect checking Knowledge (religion) is probably significantly more productive, however.

 

Image Veszquiri Arkenmtor - Drow Transmuter 1

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by Benji » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:31 pm

Polian looks at the massive Daemon, then at his fellow conspirators. Heh... You don't leave much of a choice... Okay. I, Polian, shall undertake this quest for you.
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
LinusMundane
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 471
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:27 pm
Location: Berlin, NJ
Contact:

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by LinusMundane » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:35 pm

Yes, of course I will undertake this quest for you. On my honor, I will bring you the piece which I can touch so you may have your rod. Glug the bows deeply at "The Big One"
Image Glugglug; Orcish Paladin of Tyranny
Image Bone Crushnsmash; Fighter of the Bloodthirst School
Image Collin; Monk
Image Nani; Rogue
Image Dwanthor; Hill Dwarf Warlock

BusyCowboy
BusyCowboy
BusyCowboy
Posts: 365
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:37 pm
Location: Onalaska, WA

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by BusyCowboy » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:16 pm

Looking up at the creature Before I commit to such, I want to know what is in it for you, or mayhaps what is in it for me, aside from the obvious of living of course...

She then walks up to the globe thing and states This best not be a fools errand demon as a favor done is a favor returned as she touches the globe and says Yes

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 533
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by Dink » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:30 pm

Your Actions
Lanzer knows nothing about the rod.
Veszquiri knows that Religion is the way to know more about the rod.

(Polian)Heh... You don't leave much of a choice...
(Karashin)Before I commit to such, I want to know what is in it for you, or mayhaps what is in it for me, aside from the obvious of living of course...

(Lanzer)Yes
(Aamon)If this is what Shar asks of me, only my death will keep me from succeeding. I intend on succeeding and being there at her side as she brings to bear her destruction of Selune.YES! (ooc)I guess you meant to say Selune >:) (ooc)
(Galean)Yes
(Veszquiri)I will.
(Polian)Okay. I, Polian, shall undertake this quest for you.
(Glugglug)Yes, of course I will undertake this quest for you. On my honor, I will bring you the piece which I can touch so you may have your rod.
(Karashin)Yes

(Lanzer)What is this rod? What does it do?
(Aamon)What it does does not concern you. It's name should say enough.
(Karashin)This best not be a fools errand demon as a favor done is a favor returned


The Bad One Leaves
The sparks from the glove in front of you shoot at you at the moment you say 'Yes'
(or agree otherwise to fulfill this contract).
Muahahahahahahahaha, bring it to me.
Be here in exact 1.5 years, muahahahaahahahh

And without even hearing the conversation between Lanzer and Aamon he dives with the two small deamons in the pool.
Muaahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

And then it is all silent. But only for a split second when you realize, that it was all too silent before.
Now you are drastically remembered that there is a mob outside the doors (south in the picture). It sounds as if they will burst the door every second.


What else
!!! The blue light from the summoning is still there !!!

The two girls (Melon and Delair) are at the altar, trying to pray for help.

The pool calms down completely and within seconds it is only a drawing on the ground.
Still realistic looking, but no more danger to you.
It's only a painting. It's hard to believe that it was bubbling 12 feet high.

The ceiling is back to normal. You can see the ceiling as there is no more magical darkness.

The lights in the room are back to normal.


Damage overall
Glugglug – 10 Damage
Polian – 7 Damage
------------------------------------------------------------------------
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Zwollex: Dwarf Cleric

BusyCowboy
BusyCowboy
BusyCowboy
Posts: 365
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:37 pm
Location: Onalaska, WA

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by BusyCowboy » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:32 pm

Brushing herself off Karashin looks around That only leaves one small problem now. WHERE do we find these pieces?

rickynumber24
Horseman
Horseman
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:48 pm

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by rickynumber24 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:40 pm

What's that crowd out there? Where are we, anyway?
Image Veszquiri Arkenmtor - Drow Transmuter 1

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6926
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by Duniagdra » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:43 pm

We'll have to figure this out on our own it seems. Nothing we do for Shar will ever be easy.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
apwhite
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 399
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:28 pm
Location: St George, Utah
Contact:

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by apwhite » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:22 pm

Galean will look around for any loot that may have dropped during the preceding actions.

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 533
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by Dink » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:13 pm

apwhite wrote:Galean will look around for any loot that may have dropped during the preceding actions.
Please post a Skill:Search and a Attr:WIS roll.
Image Zwollex: Dwarf Cleric

User avatar
apwhite
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 399
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:28 pm
Location: St George, Utah
Contact:

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by apwhite » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:18 pm

Dink wrote:
apwhite wrote:Galean will look around for any loot that may have dropped during the preceding actions.
Please post a Skill:Search and a Attr:WIS roll.
Search;Wis (1d20+3=13, 1d20-1=0) So whatever I find, I don't know what the hell it is.

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 533
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by Dink » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:03 am

Galean finds out...
SpoilerShow
apwhite wrote:
Dink wrote:
apwhite wrote:Galean will look around for any loot that may have dropped during the preceding actions.
Search;Wis (1d20+3=13, 1d20-1=0)
You find a sword in P26. It's in about 12 feet and a leftover from one of the paladins.
Seems that the magic of the daemon neutralized the magic of this Bastardsword.
Image Zwollex: Dwarf Cleric

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 533
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by Dink » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:02 am

Anyone going to defend the main door.
Sounds like the mob will storm the main door soon.

Please let me know where you are (coordinates).
Image Zwollex: Dwarf Cleric

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by Benji » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:41 am

Polian will move himself over to the front doors and stand ready in front of them.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Not completely sure where the front door is, so just move him to somewhere close to them.

 

Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6926
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by Duniagdra » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:48 am

Aamon will go to the door N12, his mace in hand.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

Locked

Return to “{PbP} League of Ultimate Evil [ENDED]”