Inside the Shar Temple

Believe in Shar, the goddess of those who have lost everything and who wish revenge. The League of Ultimate Evil will rule the land in the future. Evil is not defined as killing one, but to rule them all. This is the gift of Shar ....
User avatar
LinusMundane
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 471
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:27 pm
Location: Berlin, NJ
Contact:

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by LinusMundane » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:52 am

Glug will stay where he is and draw his Long Sword.
Image Glugglug; Orcish Paladin of Tyranny
Image Bone Crushnsmash; Fighter of the Bloodthirst School
Image Collin; Monk
Image Nani; Rogue
Image Dwanthor; Hill Dwarf Warlock

User avatar
apwhite
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 399
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:28 pm
Location: St George, Utah
Contact:

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by apwhite » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:44 am

Galean moves to P26 and picks up the bastard sword. Assuming it is at least MW quality.
THINKING: Maybe I can trade this for some decent MW thieves tools.

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 533
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by Dink » Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:37 pm

apwhite wrote:Galean ...Assuming it is at least MW quality.
...
Skill:Appraise roll please.
Image Zwollex: Dwarf Cleric

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 6000
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Meriden, CT

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by shai-hulud » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:59 pm

Lanzer, realizing he is in the body of one of the Selune ruffians, offers, Perhaps if you all lie down and play dead, I can convince the mob that I have slain all of the Shar worshippers long enough for them to drop their guard. They enter, place themselves in a poorly defensible position, and we slaughter them all.

Lanzer chuckles to himself as he contemplates rats feasting on their rotting corpses.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Image Kolgu 'Sparky' Dermott: Android Rogue/Wizard
Image Garrick Cae'Sarr: Human Bard
Image Hormy Noodzo: Goblin Hunter

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6926
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by Duniagdra » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:42 pm

If there's more than ten, odds would be against us and they'll be apt to destroy the temple while in here. I think there's many more than ten. You might be able to try and convince them that you have claimed the temple in the name of what's her face and allow a few to enter and see us acting dead. Maybe? Either way, they will be getting in sooner or later, so something has to be done now. Too bad we couldn't open the doors before when the Big Guy was here.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 533
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by Dink » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:51 am

Your Actions
Aamon draws his mace and moves towards the main door.
Glugglug draws his longsword.
Galean moves up to the altar and looks at a left over sword from the paladins.


Roll the Dice
Glugglug: Skill:Spot DC10
Aamon: Skill:Spot DC10
Lanzer: Skill:Spot DC15
Polian: Skill:Spot DC20


Damage overall
Glugglug – 10 Damage
Polian – 7 Damage
------------------------------------------------------------------------
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Zwollex: Dwarf Cleric

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by Benji » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:38 am

Spot Check (1d20+5=17)

Polian simply waits for the doors to open in a battle stance. He doesn't say anything to Lanzer's suggestion, but thinks it cowardly and unsuitable.
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6926
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by Duniagdra » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:05 am

Spot Check (1d20+8=17)
Aamon makes ready for whatever happens.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
LinusMundane
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 471
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:27 pm
Location: Berlin, NJ
Contact:

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by LinusMundane » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:26 am

Spot: (1d20+1=7)

Glug is busy looking around in his own mind for his killing place.
Image Glugglug; Orcish Paladin of Tyranny
Image Bone Crushnsmash; Fighter of the Bloodthirst School
Image Collin; Monk
Image Nani; Rogue
Image Dwanthor; Hill Dwarf Warlock

rickynumber24
Horseman
Horseman
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:48 pm

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by rickynumber24 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:46 am

Veszquiri asks Lanzer, Would you mind explaining to me what's going on? I gather there is a crowd trying to force an entry to this building. What else?

She moves to G11and turns to face the door, or otherwise follows Lanzer to try to get an answer.
Image Veszquiri Arkenmtor - Drow Transmuter 1

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 533
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by Dink » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:17 pm

Your Actions
Polian and Glugglug have 100% concentration on the door.
Lanzer talks to Veszquiri.
Aamon spots...
SpoilerShow
...that the blue summoning circle glows a bit brighter and from one second to the next a guy stands in the middle of the circle. There is some kind of magic protecting him, because you cannot really look at him. Not looking at him helps to see him.
There is a dark cloud around him and trying to look at him sends words to your head, saying: Shar, Shar, Shar
From what you can see the guy has human features and wears a decorated leather suit.
He seems to be very weak, exhausted, an easy target.

Damage overall
Glugglug – 10 Damage
Polian – 7 Damage
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Image Zwollex: Dwarf Cleric

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6926
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by Duniagdra » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:36 pm

Aamon will enter the glowing circle.
SpoilerShow
He will attempt to reach the man and bring him out.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 533
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by Dink » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:28 pm

Duniagdra wrote:Aamon will enter the glowing circle.
Save:Reflex
As you step inside the circel your feet start burning. Please roll a save to avoid damage.
Image Zwollex: Dwarf Cleric

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6926
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by Duniagdra » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:40 pm

Dink wrote:
Duniagdra wrote:Aamon will enter the glowing circle.
Save:Reflex
As you step inside the circel your feet start burning. Please roll a save to avoid damage.
Reflex Save (1d20+6=20)
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 533
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by Dink » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:56 pm

Your Actions
Veszquiri moves side by side with Lanzer.

Aamon avoids to take damage. The blue summoning circle almost burnt his feet.
SpoilerShow
The man seems not to realize yet who is around.
He is getting stronger, but still too weak.
Actions to take
Veszquiri: Skill:Spot DC 10
Karashin: Skill Spot DC15

You can here something like a ram or 20 people hitting the door.


Damage overall
Glugglug – 10 Damage
Polian – 7 Damage
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Image Zwollex: Dwarf Cleric

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6926
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by Duniagdra » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:49 pm

Not sure who this guy is or why he's in the state he's in, Aamon tries cautiously to get his attention, figuring that another hand in the fight is always better, saying, I hope you're ready for a fight mister. A crowd is about to break in.

If the man acknowledges Aamon and asks for help, he'll try to grab him and pull him out. If he notices that the man is getting stronger, and thinks it's his being in the circle that's helping him, then he might try helping to support him. From the sound of what's on the other side of the door, every extra hand will be one more than they had before.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 6000
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Meriden, CT

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by shai-hulud » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:41 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Sorry about the delay again, still lots of homework...

Spot check (1d20+7=12)

 

Lanzer replies, I don't exactly know what is happening. I was told that I was to interact with people at a tavern. I did so, was brought here, and now have promised some creature that I will retrieve parts of a rod for it. That's about all I know of what is happening.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Image Kolgu 'Sparky' Dermott: Android Rogue/Wizard
Image Garrick Cae'Sarr: Human Bard
Image Hormy Noodzo: Goblin Hunter

rickynumber24
Horseman
Horseman
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:48 pm

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by rickynumber24 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:50 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Sorry, weekends actually tend to result in my being farther away from the internet than usual due to, like, social things...
Spot roll as requested... (1d20+2=10)

 

Well, then, I suppose I we should prepare to defend ourselves.
Veszquiri moves forward to M11 (should be 30 feet...) and casts mage armor.
Image Veszquiri Arkenmtor - Drow Transmuter 1

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 6000
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Meriden, CT

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by shai-hulud » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:39 pm

Lanzer adds, I am currently in the guise of one of the Selune patrons. Perhaps this body can aid us by tricking the other Selunites into thinking that I am on their side, and their foes have been vanquished. This can allow us to lead them into a trap.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Image Kolgu 'Sparky' Dermott: Android Rogue/Wizard
Image Garrick Cae'Sarr: Human Bard
Image Hormy Noodzo: Goblin Hunter

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 533
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by Dink » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:14 pm

shai-hulud wrote:Spot check (1d20+7=12)
Lanzer spots...
SpoilerShow
...that the blue summoning circle glows a bit brighter and from one second to the next a guy stands in the middle of the circle. There is some kind of magic protecting him, because you cannot really look at him. Not looking at him helps to see him.
There is a dark cloud around him and trying to look at him sends words to your head, saying: Shar, Shar, Shar
From what you can see the guy has human features and wears a decorated leather suit.
He seems to be very weak, exhausted, an easy target.
Image Zwollex: Dwarf Cleric

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 6000
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Meriden, CT

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by shai-hulud » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:55 am

Lanzer looks more closely at the figure in the circle, and Aamon moving towards him. He says, Who is in the summoning circle besides Aamon? Don't look directly at it, and maybe you can see him. Also, if you want to take advantage of my guise, everyone lie down quickly so that I can claim that I have slain all of the Shar worshipers. Then, when they have their guard down, we can spring the trap.

Spot check (Closer look... possible bonus) (1d20+7=10)
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Image Kolgu 'Sparky' Dermott: Android Rogue/Wizard
Image Garrick Cae'Sarr: Human Bard
Image Hormy Noodzo: Goblin Hunter

User avatar
LinusMundane
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 471
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:27 pm
Location: Berlin, NJ
Contact:

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by LinusMundane » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:05 am

Hearing Lanzer speak, Glug snorts and sighs, but lies down and tries to act as dead as possible.
Image Glugglug; Orcish Paladin of Tyranny
Image Bone Crushnsmash; Fighter of the Bloodthirst School
Image Collin; Monk
Image Nani; Rogue
Image Dwanthor; Hill Dwarf Warlock

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 533
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by Dink » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:20 am

Your Actions
With Lanzers help you can all spot a guy standingi in the middle of the summoning circle.
There is some kind of magic protecting him, because you cannot really look at him (therefore searchng won't help).
Not looking at him helps to see him.
There is a dark cloud around him and trying to look at him sends words to your head, saying: “Shar, Shar, Shar”.
From what you can see the guy has human features and wears a decorated leather suit.
He seems to be weak, exhausted, an easy target.


Damage overall
Glugglug – 10 Damage
Polian – 7 Damage
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Image Zwollex: Dwarf Cleric

User avatar
apwhite
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 399
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:28 pm
Location: St George, Utah
Contact:

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by apwhite » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:57 am

Dink wrote:
apwhite wrote:Galean ...Assuming it is at least MW quality.
...
Skill:Appraise roll please.
Appraise the bastard (1d20+3=22)

User avatar
apwhite
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 399
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:28 pm
Location: St George, Utah
Contact:

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by apwhite » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:35 am

shai-hulud wrote:Lanzer looks more closely at the figure in the circle, and Aamon moving towards him. He says, Who is in the summoning circle besides Aamon? Don't look directly at it, and maybe you can see him. Also, if you want to take advantage of my guise, everyone lie down quickly so that I can claim that I have slain all of the Shar worshipers. Then, when they have their guard down, we can spring the trap.

Spot check (Closer look... possible bonus) (1d20+7=10)
Lanzer, I agree that your plan might work. If need be, I can help you in the ruse. I hold here a Selune decorated sword. I can use my magic to make myself appear as a Selune paladin. Having the two of us corroborate the story might add credibility. But is our goal to have them exit the temple or fight off the masses?

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 6000
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Meriden, CT

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by shai-hulud » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:52 pm

Lanzer's facial expression takes a while to change, but a smirk slowly spreads across her face. I'd prefer to kill every last one of those Selune worshipping creeps. I definitely agree that with your help, we could easily dupe the mob. What is that guy doing in the summoning circle? Is he being summoned? I don't fancy being surrounded. Does anyone know anything about summoning magics to know who or what he might be? I'm sorry for the distraction to my plan, but perhaps we should attempt to get rid of him before he achieves full power, whoever he is, then worry about the encroaching mob next...
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Image Kolgu 'Sparky' Dermott: Android Rogue/Wizard
Image Garrick Cae'Sarr: Human Bard
Image Hormy Noodzo: Goblin Hunter

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 533
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by Dink » Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:35 pm

Galean knows...
SpoilerShow
This sword is definately powerful. Most likely more powerful than anything he ever saw. But it weights at least 5 times as much as a normal sword of the same size.
Image Zwollex: Dwarf Cleric

User avatar
apwhite
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 399
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:28 pm
Location: St George, Utah
Contact:

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by apwhite » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:26 pm

shai-hulud wrote:Lanzer's facial expression takes a while to change, but a smirk slowly spreads across her face. I'd prefer to kill every last one of those Selune worshipping creeps. I definitely agree that with your help, we could easily dupe the mob. What is that guy doing in the summoning circle? Is he being summoned? I don't fancy being surrounded. Does anyone know anything about summoning magics to know who or what he might be? I'm sorry for the distraction to my plan, but perhaps we should attempt to get rid of him before he achieves full power, whoever he is, then worry about the encroaching mob next...
Well, we saw what happened when we try to walk into the circle. Hmm, anyone have a crossbow?

rickynumber24
Horseman
Horseman
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:48 pm

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by rickynumber24 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:49 pm

apwhite wrote:Well, we saw what happened when we try to walk into the circle. Hmm, anyone have a crossbow?
I wonder what a magic missile, or, failing that, a flying knife would do...
OUT OF CHARACTER
Knowledge (Arcana) to get a guess at whether a missile would penetrate the spell... (1d20+8=25)
Dunno if this is legit, but I figure I'll check. (EDIT: looks like maybe I should be rolling spellcraft instead...)

 

Image Veszquiri Arkenmtor - Drow Transmuter 1

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 533
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by Dink » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:27 am

rickynumber24 wrote:Knowledge (Arcana) to get a guess at whether a missile would penetrate the spell... (1d20+8=25)
SpoilerShow
Yes it seems that only the floor is too hot.
Image Zwollex: Dwarf Cleric

Locked

Return to “{PbP} League of Ultimate Evil [ENDED]”