Inside the Shar Temple

Believe in Shar, the goddess of those who have lost everything and who wish revenge. The League of Ultimate Evil will rule the land in the future. Evil is not defined as killing one, but to rule them all. This is the gift of Shar ....
User avatar
apwhite
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 399
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:28 pm
Location: St George, Utah
Contact:

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by apwhite » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:46 am

This is Shar's temple. Maybe she is sending help. I mean, really, what enemy of Shar would materialize inside the temple? We might want to let this guy complete his action.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Galean wants to look out a window or something to get an estimate on how many people are outside and what their general disposition is.

 


User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by Dink » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:19 am

apwhite wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
Galean wants to look out a window or something to get an estimate on how many people are outside and what their general disposition is.

 

No windows at all.
Image Dungeon Master (2)

BINGO DICE on Kickstarter

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6880
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by Duniagdra » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:16 am

Suspecting Shar may have sent help, Aamon will remain in his place taking a full defensive posture. He listens as the other two discuss a plan of deception. If it comes to a conclusion that their plan will go forward, Aamon will step just outside the circle and get to the floor, mace in hand.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

BusyCowboy
BusyCowboy
BusyCowboy
Posts: 365
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:37 pm
Location: Onalaska, WA

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by BusyCowboy » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:48 pm

Looking around, Karashin shakes her head Now now...we have no plan of attack, we have a mob outside with who knows WHAT powers, and yet we're here doing this? I think it time for us to find a way to make our leave. as she searches around for a potentially new exit.

Karashin search? (Can't recall total bonus due to Excel going poof) (1d20+8=21)

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by Dink » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:15 am

Your Actions
BusyCowboy wrote:...Karashin search? (1d20+8=21)[/url]
Karashin knows there has to be something near the stone lid and there could be something close to the water in the west.
But she has no clue were exactly to search.
OUT OF CHARACTER
The excel sheet says +1, that would be a 1d20+1=14

 

Last Round
This seems to be the last validation before the guy is 100% back to his strength.
He becomes easier to see, sometimes you can even look straight at him for a second.
The outdoor mob is now hammering at twice the loudness.

Something will definately happen next validation.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Next validation will be within 24h.

 

Image Dungeon Master (2)

BINGO DICE on Kickstarter

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5791
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Waterbury, CT

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by shai-hulud » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:05 am

Lanzer says, Ok, if we are not taking care of the guy before he attacks us, so be it. The mob is about to burst through the door. Everyone down now! Galean, is that your name? You said you can change you appearance to that of a Selune paladin? Now might be the time.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6880
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by Duniagdra » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:16 am

Aamon goes to the floor just outside the circle. He watches both the new visitor and the door.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
apwhite
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 399
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:28 pm
Location: St George, Utah
Contact:

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by apwhite » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:35 am

Galean casts Disguise Self to make her appear as a Selune Paladin, including armor and accouterments. She will wield the fallen paladin's longsword to press the glamer. OK, done. Now let's make sure our summoned guest knows, that I am on your side in case he has a hardon for killing Selunes today.

User avatar
LinusMundane
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 473
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:27 pm
Location: Berlin, NJ
Contact:

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by LinusMundane » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:26 am

with his longsword drawn, Glug will find some blood, if he can, and smear it all over himself and lie down on the floor feining death.
Image Glugglug; Orcish Paladin of Tyranny
Image Bone Crushnsmash; Fighter of the Bloodthirst School
Image Collin; Monk
Image Nani; Rogue
Image Dwanthor; Hill Dwarf Warlock

rickynumber24
Horseman
Horseman
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:48 pm

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by rickynumber24 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:30 pm

Veszquiri lies face-down at the edge of the blood painted on the floor with a hand underneath her clenching her dagger.
Image Veszquiri Arkenmtor - Drow Transmuter 1

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5791
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Waterbury, CT

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by shai-hulud » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:42 pm

Lanzer has his body draw his weapon, as well, and he stands at the ready, prepared to follow Galean's lead, when the time comes.

Galean, I'm not terribly good at lying to people. You should do the talking. I'll follow your lead. We should come up with a signal to attack them, so that we can all act simultaneously, catching them by surprise. Also, I didn't come up with any story as to how we got in here before the mob...
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6880
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by Duniagdra » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:50 pm

Real quick, Aamon's head lifts, Just say you gave chase after seeing us enter through a back entrance! Get on with this!
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
apwhite
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 399
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:28 pm
Location: St George, Utah
Contact:

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by apwhite » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:28 am

Galean looks around to make sure everything is in order. Your signal to attack will be:For Shar. Galean checks the guy who is summoning in.

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by Dink » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:43 pm

The guy awakes
The guy in the summoning circle comes completely out of his trance and is aware of you.
He seems to be very confident.
In the name of Shar, please take off your disguise.
What happened here?
I was supposed to meet with the temple cleric tonight and I was supposed to meet the other cleric with the new information, which is so important to Shar herself.
Instead of all this my call was not completed using the other cleric and here is a bunch of clows.
Something seems to be completely wrong.

Where is the temple cleric?
Where is the other cleric?


A bit annoyed for a moment:
What is that noise outside my temple.

Who is the leader of you, or do I have to find out myself?
Image Dungeon Master (2)

BINGO DICE on Kickstarter

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by Benji » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:00 pm

Polian scowls at the newcomer. Our only leader is the lady Shar, she has given us a glorious task to complete so you can either help us or step out of the way. A mob is about to break in and they shall soon feel their life-forces ebbing out across these sacred floors.

He then, instead of dropping to the floor, sits with his back to a pillar and attempts to look as if he's dead.
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6880
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by Duniagdra » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:17 pm

Being the closest to this man, Aamon sits up, We came in from the secret entrance. There was a ritual in progress. A scholar was with us, originally accompanied by his master cleric. The cleric saw us and said push the cleric into the something and so one of us pushed the scholar in as the cleric was killed at a tavern in town. With the ritual gone amok a daemon emerged from the blood and ate the cleric conducting the ritual. The daemon then took the paladins that were on guard. The daemon then gave us a quest to find the pieces to the Rod of Oblivion and return here he in one and a half years time for him to collect it for Shar.
The mob outside is due to a fight that broke out today when a Seluni Paladin and his thugs attacked us and we killed them. They were gathered at the front when we arrived, so we entered through the back. And then you came to into being.
Does that sum it up for you? We're on the ground, because they were going to act as seluni and try to trick the mob into believing they chased us and beat us. If it failed, we were going to ambush them. What do you suggest. I'm game to hear a better idea.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by Dink » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:11 pm

[quote="Dink"]The Newcomer opens the door
Listening interested to what you say, he seems to gain even more powerfull.
But he listens carefully and seems to find out what went wrong.

After you ended talking, he starts to walk up and down for about 10 times, when all of a sudden he cant hold it any longer.

Who can think at all this fuss from the outside.

In a range he runs up to the door and opens it.

All you can see is that he gains small black magical balls and throws them outside. The door just does not open far enough to give away more.

But what you hear is gruesome. It sounds as if the hell broke loose. People seem to have lost extrimities, other slowly burning to death. No one outside cares any longer for anyone but himself.

The newcomer then closes the door, turns around and with a deep breath he says:
Way better.

And in a very calm voice in absolute silence:
Now let me understand this.
You let it happen that the priest was killed at the inn?
Image Dungeon Master (2)

BINGO DICE on Kickstarter

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6880
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by Duniagdra » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:25 pm

We were all strangers to each other. One of us was expecting to meet with this priest I think, but the paladin and his thugs discovered the priest first. The priest was slain before we knew we were with our own.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by Dink » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:54 am

Information
Shar will be not pleased with your doing,
but it all fits together. You interrupted the summoning and dropped the wrong person in the pool, so that the wrong gate opened. And you let the priest with the important information die.

Hmmmm,

let me guess, the demon told you that he is the right hand of Shar?

But let me tell you something: I AM THE RIGHT HAND OF SHAR.
The demon WAS the right hand of Shar until about 100 years ago when he was banned from all planes that Shar would enter for failing an order from Shar.
Seems you two have something in common.

But I guess you will want to straighten out things again, so that Shar does not have to take care about your failing.

Hmmmmmm,

you let this guy back in the house of Shar. Interesting. I am not sure what Shar will do with you.

So, so, so.....

But first I have to take care about something, so that this temple is not unprotected in the future.


He looks around and then points at Melon.
Come here.

Melon walks over to the newcomer.
He whispers something in her ear and she nods.

Next you see is that she is hit by a dark beam from the ceiling and drops dead.
Let's hope she survives. She will make a great priest for this temple.

Na, does not really matter I guess we have a second try.
(looking at Delair)
And then I don’t have to use that much power.
Ok, this will take some time to find out.

So this demon told you to gather the seven pieces of the rod of Oblivious.
Interesting, but I guess this might save you.

The demon cannot return for the next 18 months that way and you have time to find the rod within 12 months and give it to me. That way Shar does not need to find out about your failure.
With this rod, we can ban this demon from your plane.
Sounds like a plan to me. What do you say?
Image Dungeon Master (2)

BINGO DICE on Kickstarter

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6880
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by Duniagdra » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:50 am

Now we're to make a deal twice. Whatever. Shar will give me a sign in what I'm to do with the piece I find. She has never failed me before in what is required of me. I answer only to her calling, not priest or demon. What do you offer in return other that the saying I get to live. Only Shar decides that. As for twelve month, we'll do it in 13 to 14 months at best, no less.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

BusyCowboy
BusyCowboy
BusyCowboy
Posts: 365
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:37 pm
Location: Onalaska, WA

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by BusyCowboy » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:40 pm

Karashin looks at everyone I TOLD you so! as she shakes her head and goes to skulk in the shadows.

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5791
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Waterbury, CT

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by shai-hulud » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:32 pm

THINKING: So, everyone clambers for power. This "man" appears powerful beyond our own capabilities, yet requires that we find that which he seeks... Clearly, we have power over him. I like this a great deal.

Lanzer asks, From where do these time frames come? Eighteen months? Twelve months? Just so I understand, is there a particular day in which we have until? Is it exactly twelve months to the day? To the hour? How prompt must we be? For instance, if we arrive with the rod twelve months from tomorrow, is that too late?
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by Dink » Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:53 pm

Answers
As about you: pointing at Aamon
I don't care about you and what you think you will do, but it seems you are one of those who are supposed to touch one of the pieces. You may do it or not. It wasn't me failing Shar.
You be here in exactly - by the hour
looking over to Lanzer - 12 months or I will be gone and let Shar find out about your failure.

You dare to ask me what I will offer besides life. Interesting.

Hehehehee.

What do you have in mind? Amuse me
Image Dungeon Master (2)

BINGO DICE on Kickstarter

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6880
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by Duniagdra » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:05 pm

I'm tired of this useless bickering with someone who is clearly not capable of retrieving this thing himself. Whether daemon or you, what ever - who ever, you may be, and instead require the aid of us, all beginners in the quest of life. You bore me. Tell then where we are to begin our search in finding that which we have no knowledge of, so we may be gone from here. And trust me, If I learn either of you are not being truthful, my return will not be pleasant for you, or that daemon.

Here I was standing guard should the mob get through while you still were not prepared for them, to defend you, a fellow of her name. Tell us where to begin our search, and any who stand in our way will fall in death.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
LinusMundane
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 473
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:27 pm
Location: Berlin, NJ
Contact:

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by LinusMundane » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:12 pm

Seeing the outsider's taken care of, and feeling quite useless on the floor, Glug will stand up and join the party, listening and taking it all in.
Image Glugglug; Orcish Paladin of Tyranny
Image Bone Crushnsmash; Fighter of the Bloodthirst School
Image Collin; Monk
Image Nani; Rogue
Image Dwanthor; Hill Dwarf Warlock

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5791
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Waterbury, CT

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by shai-hulud » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:38 am

Lanzer is quite excited for this. I am extremely pleased for the opportunity to return with the piece of the rod in twelve months! Thank you for this opportunity!

THINKING: Twelve months to gain control of this man, eighteen months to gain control of a demon. I am liking this more and more!
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

rickynumber24
Horseman
Horseman
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:48 pm

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by rickynumber24 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:22 pm

LinusMundane wrote:Seeing the outsider's taken care of, and feeling quite useless on the floor, Glug will stand up and join the party, listening and taking it all in.
Veszquiri similarly gets up.
Image Veszquiri Arkenmtor - Drow Transmuter 1

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by Dink » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:31 pm

Answers
What ever you say.
If this girl survives she will be the one to tell you more about the rod.
The priest you lost, was the one to know where the first piece is and a few information about all the pieces.

The girl will gain the knowledge and be the priest he was in life, still with her own features.

It's fun to see if someone is going to live or die, therefore I offer to anyone to become a priest of Shar this way.
Anyone interested?
Image Dungeon Master (2)

BINGO DICE on Kickstarter

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6880
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by Duniagdra » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:27 pm

So we're stuck here waiting for her return? How long will it be before her body returns, maybe dead, maybe alive?
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: Inside the Shar Temple

Post by Dink » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:24 pm

Answers
After another 15 minutes the poor girls entire body starts to shake. Another 5 minutes later she starts to stand up.
She starts to talk in a rather deep voice.
Master, I am sorry I did not come right away to make your travel to this plane easier.
He answers
You will stay here and protect this house, while they go to look for the rod.
Give them the information you have, after you rest for the night.


With a slightly more normal voice for a young woman, she answers
As you wish.
With these words she heads for the altar. Coming close to the altar a magical gate opens out of nothing. She and Delair enter and the gate closes.

So - now I need to leave too.

He is not gone yet - so you still have the chance to talk to him.
Image Dungeon Master (2)

BINGO DICE on Kickstarter

Locked

Return to “{PbP} League of Ultimate Evil [ENDED]”