On the Road to Winterheaven

Believe in Shar, the goddess of those who have lost everything and who wish revenge. The League of Ultimate Evil will rule the land in the future. Evil is not defined as killing one, but to rule them all. This is the gift of Shar ....
Post Reply
Badlapje
BARON
BARON
Posts: 200
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:56 am
Location: Belgium

Re: On the Road to Winterheaven

Post by Badlapje » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:21 pm

Hide/MS to rejoin with the others 1d20+12=15, 1d20+10=23

If Thaco succesfully reaches the others without being seen, he says: looks like all the others could see the scout from where they are, we weren't seen i think but we'd better hurry and take out that closest group before they realise what's going on.
“A player is never late, Dave. Nor is he early. He arrives precisly when the plot dictates he should.”

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 533
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: On the Road to Winterheaven

Post by Dink » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:43 pm

─────┤ All back in the start position ├─────
Aamon and Thaco managed to get back to the others.

Whats next?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Zwollex: Dwarf Cleric

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6926
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: On the Road to Winterheaven

Post by Duniagdra » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:53 pm

I agree. If we rush them we might be able to take them out before even the rest know these are dead too. We haven't much choice since that goblin was so exposed up there. But we must be sure to get at least that one rear caster too before an alarm can sound.

From their position, I'd say they're split so one caster and three goblins are covering the east and the others the west.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 6007
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Meriden, CT

Re: On the Road to Winterheaven

Post by shai-hulud » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:23 pm

Lanzer, completely out of his element, pretends like he is nodding, but plans to hide as soon as the opportunity presents itself.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Image Kolgu 'Sparky' Dermott: Android Rogue/Wizard
Image Garrick Cae'Sarr: Human Bard
Image Hormy Noodzo: Goblin Hunter

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 533
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: On the Road to Winterheaven

Post by Dink » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:52 pm

Duniagdra wrote:I agree. If we rush them we might be able to take them out before even the rest know these are dead too. We haven't much choice since that goblin was so exposed up there. But we must be sure to get at least that one rear caster too before an alarm can sound.

From their position, I'd say they're split so one caster and three goblins are covering the east and the others the west.
From what you saw at the scout's position, you would say that everyone is watching the west.
From your last combat experience you would say, that all arrows where shot pretty well against you (coming from the west).
Image Zwollex: Dwarf Cleric

Badlapje
BARON
BARON
Posts: 200
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:56 am
Location: Belgium

Re: On the Road to Winterheaven

Post by Badlapje » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:14 pm

It might be most prudent to dispatch of this group quickly, then withdraw. They'll likely want to remain with their machines or at least keep a guard there. If they don't pursue we can sneak up on the others again, stealth works in our favour here. If they do pursue we'll likely have the opportunity to take a couple of them off-guard if we manage to have a couple of us hide while the rest draw their attention.
“A player is never late, Dave. Nor is he early. He arrives precisly when the plot dictates he should.”

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6926
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: On the Road to Winterheaven

Post by Duniagdra » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:28 pm

I'm fine with that.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 533
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: On the Road to Winterheaven

Post by Dink » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:07 am

─────┤ Initive ├─────
Please roll initive.
The enemies are not aware of you yet.
Please post your moves for the first round.
Image Zwollex: Dwarf Cleric

Badlapje
BARON
BARON
Posts: 200
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:56 am
Location: Belgium

Re: On the Road to Winterheaven

Post by Badlapje » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:01 am

Thaco sneaks to P22-23 (hiding on same side of the bushes that he is now but towards the end) and prepares to strike the enemies by surprise the next turn.

Initiative (1d20+4=22)
Hide/Move Silently (1d20+12=13, 1d20+10=24)
“A player is never late, Dave. Nor is he early. He arrives precisly when the plot dictates he should.”

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6926
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: On the Road to Winterheaven

Post by Duniagdra » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:27 pm

Initiative, Hide/MS to creep up on our target. (1d20+4=9, 1d20+9=13, 1d20+9=11)

Aamon tries to remain stealthy to gain surprise, but may not have been as good as he should have.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 533
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: On the Road to Winterheaven

Post by Dink » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:55 pm

─────┤ Round 1 ├─────
if Lanzer and Dog want to take part in this fight, please roll an initive and let me know the coordinates.

Aamon and Thaco moved forward.
Although Thaco is sure the Goblins must have heard Aamon, they still do not look your way.
OUT OF CHARACTER
(Aamon you did not post coordinates, so I just placed you)

 

Initive
----------------------
-->Thaco (22)
Dog (16)
Aamon (9)
----------------------
without Initive till now
----------------------
Lanzer
Group B

Damage
Dog and Thaco are damaged
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Zwollex: Dwarf Cleric

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 6007
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Meriden, CT

Re: On the Road to Winterheaven

Post by shai-hulud » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:02 pm

THINKING: You are now a holy warrior of Shar! You need to be strong and take part in this battle!

Lanzer begins moving towards some brush in which he can hide (R23). No initiative needed. Lanzer is arguing with himself, but too afraid to move without a host.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Image Kolgu 'Sparky' Dermott: Android Rogue/Wizard
Image Garrick Cae'Sarr: Human Bard
Image Hormy Noodzo: Goblin Hunter

User avatar
marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1634
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:09 pm
Location: Round Rock, TX
Contact:

Re: On the Road to Winterheaven

Post by marine7312000 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:59 am

Dog moves to r 24. He readies his greatsword and hopes that this situation will not get out of hand.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Rolled initiative just in case: 1d20+7=16

 


User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 533
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: On the Road to Winterheaven

Post by Dink » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:09 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
Thaco and Aamon I am waiting for your next move. Please let me know where you are moving and whom you attack?

 

Image Zwollex: Dwarf Cleric

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6926
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: On the Road to Winterheaven

Post by Duniagdra » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:20 am

Aamon will 5' adjust to O23 and attack goblin at N22.
Full Attack/Damage vs N22 (1d20+6=26, 1d6+1=2, 1d20+4=6, 1d4=2)
Confirming Crit Attack/Damage vs N22 (1d20+6=13, 1d6+1=3)
OUT OF CHARACTER
Hopefully they're still Flat-footed?

 

Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

Badlapje
BARON
BARON
Posts: 200
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:56 am
Location: Belgium

Re: On the Road to Winterheaven

Post by Badlapje » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:49 pm

“A player is never late, Dave. Nor is he early. He arrives precisly when the plot dictates he should.”

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 533
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: On the Road to Winterheaven

Post by Dink » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:14 am

─────┤ Round 2 ├─────
Thaco moves to O22 and tries to hit the Goblin, unfortunately with a critical miss. He stumbles right into the middle of the Goblins, but keeps a save stand.
Seems the Goblins are really taken off guard, because they cannot react to this.

Aamon manages to get into the back of the Goblin and strikes him with a lethal blow.

Dog and Lanzer move closer to the action.
Dog may make a Skill:Spot check.

If not by the surprise calls from the Goblins (critical failure of Thaco ), the Goblins will alarm the other Goblins now.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Movement in the woods is at 1/4 of your speed at this place, because the bushes are extremely dense.

 

Initive
----------------------
-->Thaco (22)
Dog (16)
Goblin 1 (14)
Goblin 2 (12)
Aamon (9)
----------------------
without Initive till now
----------------------
Lanzer
all other Goblins

Damage
Dog and Thaco are damaged
Goblin (scout) - dead
Goblin 0 (Group B) - dead
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Zwollex: Dwarf Cleric

Badlapje
BARON
BARON
Posts: 200
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:56 am
Location: Belgium

Re: On the Road to Winterheaven

Post by Badlapje » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:06 am

Thaco takes a second to catch his breath and then tries to slice Goblin 2's throath...

hit, damage, sneak attack damage (1d20+2=8, 1d4+1=4, 1d6=3)
“A player is never late, Dave. Nor is he early. He arrives precisly when the plot dictates he should.”

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 6007
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Meriden, CT

Re: On the Road to Winterheaven

Post by shai-hulud » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:20 am

Lanzer (with his 40 foot move speed) moves into position in the woods, hiding from the danger. Lacking a weapon of any kind, and having every weapon possessed by the party be far too large for him, he looks for a rock to use for defense. He finds a sizable one (a full ounce in weight), and readies it to throw, should he find an open target.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Image Kolgu 'Sparky' Dermott: Android Rogue/Wizard
Image Garrick Cae'Sarr: Human Bard
Image Hormy Noodzo: Goblin Hunter

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6926
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: On the Road to Winterheaven

Post by Duniagdra » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:24 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
Waiting to see the actions of Goblins 1 and 2 before posting mine.

 

Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 533
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: On the Road to Winterheaven

Post by Dink » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:04 pm

shai-hulud wrote:Lanzer (with his 40 foot move speed) moves into position in the woods, hiding from the danger. Lacking a weapon of any kind, and having every weapon possessed by the party be far too large for him, he looks for a rock to use for defense. He finds a sizable one (a full ounce in weight), and readies it to throw, should he find an open target.
OUT OF CHARACTER
In the woods: south?

 

Image Zwollex: Dwarf Cleric

User avatar
marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1634
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:09 pm
Location: Round Rock, TX
Contact:

Re: On the Road to Winterheaven

Post by marine7312000 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:44 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Spot Check (1d20+3=15)

 

Dog moves to O 24, drawing his throwing axe with one hand and throwing at Goblin 2.
OUT OF CHARACTER
1d20+4=16, 1d6+4=9

 


User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 533
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: On the Road to Winterheaven

Post by Dink » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:41 pm

KingsRoad8.jpg
─────┤ Round 2 ├─────
Thaco is still too dazed from his critical miss and misses goblin 2 with his next swipe.

Dog notices strange symbols on the ground and moves behind the machine. He grabs his throwing axe and hits goblin 2.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Next time please keep in mind, that you cannot move, have a minor action and a standard action in one round.
Throwing the axe would have not been possible. I just take it that you drew the axe, when you moved out for action (two rounds earlier).

 

Goblin 2 drops to the ground - dead.

Goblin 1 seems to be in a fury now. He does not run away nor does he be interested in the other goblins fate.
Goblin 1 takes his small short sword and lands an exact hit on Thaco for 4 damage (critical hit).

Aamon and Dog notice that the machine rotates with the part where the arrows are. The machine is about 2.5 feet high and there are about 20 arrows in slots. There is a lower part (foot) and an upper part (head starts in about 0.5 feet). You can see the position in the picture (facing Dog and Aamon).
OUT OF CHARACTER
Lanzer, please make a Skill:Search check for the stone. This is a combat situation.
I moved you to the best place I could see fit.
And please post an initive roll.

 

Aamon is next.

Initive
----------------------
|DYING| Thaco (22)
Dog (16)
Goblin 1 (14)
|DYING| Goblin 2 (12)
-->Aamon (9)
----------------------
without Initive till now
----------------------
Lanzer
all other Goblins

Damage
Dog 5/11
Thaco -1/8 - dying
Goblin (2) - dying
Goblin (0) - dying
Goblin (scout) - dead
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Zwollex: Dwarf Cleric

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6926
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: On the Road to Winterheaven

Post by Duniagdra » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:33 pm

Aamon 5' adjusts to Goblin 1 and attacks with his mace and dagger.
Full Attack/Damage Primary/Secondary vs Goblin 1 (1d20+6=16, 1d6+1=3, 1d20+4=23, 1d4=2)
Confirm Crit Secondary Attack/Damage vs Goblin 1 (1d20+4=16, 1d4=3)
Total Damage 11 to Goblin 1.

Aamon looks annoyed with Thaco's missing. Let's see if this thing has some use to us. Aamon's attention is now on the machine.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 533
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: On the Road to Winterheaven

Post by Dink » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:38 pm

KingsRoad9.jpg
─────┤ Round 3 ├─────
With Thaco down, Aamon kills the last of the three goblins and Dog may act next.

Looks like the machine points at Dog.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Lanzer, please make a Skill:Search check for the stone. This is a combat situation.
I moved you to the best place I could see fit.
And please post an initive roll.

 

Initive
----------------------
|DYING| Thaco (22)
-->Dog (16)
|DYING| Goblin 1 (14)
|DYING| Goblin 2 (12)
Aamon (9)
----------------------
without Initive till now
----------------------
Lanzer
all other Goblins

Damage
Dog 5/11
Thaco -2/8 - dying
Goblin (0 - 2) - dying
Goblin (scout) - dead
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Zwollex: Dwarf Cleric

User avatar
marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1634
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:09 pm
Location: Round Rock, TX
Contact:

Re: On the Road to Winterheaven

Post by marine7312000 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:59 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
This shows why I performed the actions the way I did Dink: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/action ... theaWeapon . What can Dog see other than the machine that he now seems to be standing next to? Specifically, where are the other goblins that were on the bigger map now?

 


User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 533
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: On the Road to Winterheaven

Post by Dink » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:51 am

marine7312000 wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
This shows why I performed the actions the way I did Dink: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/action ... theaWeapon . What can Dog see other than the machine that he now seems to be standing next to? Specifically, where are the other goblins that were on the bigger map now?

 

Dog's
SpoilerShow
Dog can see some strange symbols centered on the machine (as you can see in the graphic)
No other goblins can be seen from here, because their positions are behind trees.
OUT OF CHARACTER
You can spend a full round listening/searching to gather more information.

 

Image Zwollex: Dwarf Cleric

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6926
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: On the Road to Winterheaven

Post by Duniagdra » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:01 am

Heal Check on Thaco (1d20+6=26)
Aamon goes to Thaco and manages his bleeding and stabilizes him. It's up to all of you. It's clearly too risky for you to fight and Thaco is useless like this, not that he helped much while conscious. Take him back to the cave. I'm going for the caster north of us.

Hide/Move Silently (1d20+9=27, 1d20+9=16) That should be adequate to get me to L24.

If the group disapproves, then instead, Aamon will just return to the cave with the group and say, I'll remain hidden near the entrance keeping watch.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6926
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: On the Road to Winterheaven

Post by Duniagdra » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:14 am

Duniagdra wrote:Heal Check on Thaco (1d20+6=26)
Aamon goes to Thaco and manages his bleeding and stabilizes him. It's up to all of you. It's clearly too risky for you to fight and Thaco is useless like this, not that he helped much while conscious. Take him back to the cave. I'm going for the caster north of us.

Hide/Move Silently (1d20+9=27, 1d20+9=16) That should be adequate to get me to L24.

If the group disapproves, then instead, Aamon will just return to the cave with the group and say, I'll remain hidden near the entrance keeping watch.
I forgot to mention picking up a bow and arrows too. Do I have enough action for this?
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 533
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: On the Road to Winterheaven

Post by Dink » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:01 pm

[quote="Duniagdra"
I forgot to mention picking up a bow and arrows too. Do I have enough action for this?[/quote]
OUT OF CHARACTER
Nope either move or pick up things.

 

OUT OF CHARACTER
Dog, anything you want to do?

 

Image Zwollex: Dwarf Cleric

Post Reply

Return to “{PbP} League of Ultimate Evil [ENDED]”