On the Road to Winterheaven

Believe in Shar, the goddess of those who have lost everything and who wish revenge. The League of Ultimate Evil will rule the land in the future. Evil is not defined as killing one, but to rule them all. This is the gift of Shar ....
Post Reply
User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6872
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: On the Road to Winterheaven

Post by Duniagdra » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:02 pm

Dink wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
Nope either move or pick up things.

 

OUT OF CHARACTER
I'll grab a small bow and as many arrows as can carry. Thaco is stabilized though, right?

 

Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1582
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:09 pm
Location: Round Rock, TX
Contact:

Re: On the Road to Winterheaven

Post by marine7312000 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:12 am

Dog will see if he can turn the device, hopefully figuring out how to point it at the other goblins.

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5785
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Waterbury, CT

Re: On the Road to Winterheaven

Post by shai-hulud » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:09 am

Unable to find a stone to throw, Lanzer simply remains hidden, too fearful to emerge from his hiding spot, wishing he had a weapon of some sort and feeling awfully pathetic.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Badlapje
BARON
BARON
Posts: 200
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:56 am
Location: Belgium

Re: On the Road to Winterheaven

Post by Badlapje » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:30 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
waiting to see if i'm stabilised

 

“A player is never late, Dave. Nor is he early. He arrives precisly when the plot dictates he should.”

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: On the Road to Winterheaven

Post by Dink » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:40 pm

─────┤ Round 4 ├─────
Dog tries to rotate the machine to use it against other goblins.
Unfortunately the machins starts firing at the next moment. Overall 4 arrows hit for 12 points of damage.
Dog goes down.

Aamon moves over to Thaco and stabilizes him. Then he grabs a bow and two quivers with 40 arrows. Both is a bit smaller than a short bow.

Lanzer is not able to act, because he is full of fear.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Aamon is still near Thaco and could pick up Thaco as a standard action.
Aamon has still the handcuffs, which would be a movement action to get them out and a standard action to use them.

 

You hear that the goblins are moving towards you. One or two rounds left.

Initive
----------------------
|Stable| Thaco (22)
|DYING| Dog (16)
Machine (14)
|DYING| Goblin 1 (14)
|DEAD| Goblin 2 (12)
-->Aamon (9)
----------------------
without Initive till now
----------------------
Lanzer
all other Goblins

Damage
Dog -7/11 - dying
Thaco -2/8 - stable
Goblin (0 - 2) - dying
Goblin (scout) - dead
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Dungeon Master (2)

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6872
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: On the Road to Winterheaven

Post by Duniagdra » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:02 pm

Aamon retrieves the handcuffs and puts them on Thaco?
OUT OF CHARACTER
I forget what they do.

 

Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5785
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Waterbury, CT

Re: On the Road to Winterheaven

Post by shai-hulud » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:16 pm

Lanzer, deciding to check on what the noise was from the safety of the bushes, slowly makes his way diagonally up and to the right one square, then up one more square (diagonal = 6 squares of movement, vertical = 4 squares of movement, so this is a double move action). When arriving, he checks his surroundings.

THINKING: I can take him as a host... No, that wouldn't be a good idea. I should just make sure he stays alive.

Remaining hidden, Lanzer sticks one of his freakishly long arms out and touches Dog with his power (Cure Minor Wounds = 1 hp of damage cured, bleeding stops). This is next round's action (bottom of the round, due to a failed initiative check).
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: On the Road to Winterheaven

Post by Dink » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:30 pm

─────┤ Round 5 ├─────
Aamon takes out the handcuffs and puts one of them around Thacos wrists. At that very moment Thaco dissapears and only leaves a faint, cold feeling behind.
Lanzer get's to Dog and touches him, releasing a small amount of darkness upon him.

Probably one more round until the other goblins arrive.

Initive
----------------------
|Stable| Thaco (22)
|Stable| Dog (16)
Machine (14)
|DEAD| Goblin 1 (14)
#-->Aamon (9)
----------------------
without Initive till now
----------------------
Lanzer
all other Goblins

Damage
Dog -6/11 - stable
Thaco -2/8 - stable
Goblin (0 - 2) - dead
Goblin (scout) - dead
[/quote]
Image Dungeon Master (2)

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6872
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: On the Road to Winterheaven

Post by Duniagdra » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:13 pm

Aamon ducks into the brush and moves to M20. Hide/Move Silently (1d20+9=27, 1d20+9=19)
If I still have a Standard Action, Aamon will fire on the first goblin he sees. Ranged Attack/Damage from hiding (1d20+6=22, 1d4=1, 1d20+6=23, 1d4=2)
OUT OF CHARACTER
Sorry, when I backed up a page on IC I forgot to change the number of dice from 2 to 1. Take your pick on the damage. :D

 

Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

Badlapje
BARON
BARON
Posts: 200
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:56 am
Location: Belgium

Re: On the Road to Winterheaven

Post by Badlapje » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:25 pm

THINKING: Cold, soooo cold.
“A player is never late, Dave. Nor is he early. He arrives precisly when the plot dictates he should.”

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: On the Road to Winterheaven

Post by Dink » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:56 pm

─────┤ Round 7 ├─────
Aamon makes his way unseen through the bushes to M20 with the bow already loaded.
But when he finally sees were the goblins are he drops the bow and draws the melee weapon.
Just in time to take a swing and kills Golbin 5 (dying).
You surprised the goblins, but they had their weapons ready and attack first this round.
Goblin 4 attacks with his bow but misses and Goblin 6 attacks you for 3 damage.

Finally machine 2 shoots at P23. From the 20 arrows 15 land in P23, the rest nearby (but none hits Dog).
From the 15 arrows 7 hit trees and 2 bushes (size of Lanzer) and the other 6 hit Lanzer for an overall damage of 17.
Lanzer goes down and is dying.

─────┤ Round 8+ ├─────
From here on Aamon killed Goblin 6 and takes 3 damage from Goblin 4.
Then Aamon kills Goblin 4. He can spot Caster 1 at H15 who seems to have a strange conversation with an unseen person.
Aamon charges Caster 1 but was too much in a rush, so that he barely does any damage. As he is doing damage, he takes the same amount of damage (spell?).
Caster 1 is about to cast a spell, but Aamon uses his attack of opportunity and cuts the caster in two parts. Again Aamon takes the same damage.
As he is through with Caster 1 he can see Caster 2 at F20.
Aamon charges Caster 2, but sees at the last moment that Caster 2 is praying to a strange picture in the air, which vanishes the same round.
Caster two is sitting straight and seems to be waiting for his death.
Aamon decides to talk to the goblin. After a short talk the goblin mentions that it would be best for Aamon to leave if he does not want to be hurt.
Aamon takes a wide swing at Caster 2 and again kills the goblin. Just a second later the goblin explodes and Aamon takes another 2 damage.

He searches for Lanzer and stabilizes him.
With inhuman strength Aamon brings you all back to the cave, hides the goblin bodies and brings back Thaco (inhuman, because he is down at 1HP himself).

Damage after the fight
Aamon 1/18, Lanzer -6/16, Dog -6/11, Thaco -2/8,

─────┤ The next morning ├─────
To speed things up you are all at 1HP and Aamon is at 5 HP.
OUT OF CHARACTER
This is no real calculation, please just take it as I write it.

 

You can see that Aamon must have brought about 200 arrows a couple of bows and short swords (both are a bit smaller in size).
The fire is still warm when you wake up and there are enough foot left over's.

What do you want to do?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Dungeon Master (2)

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: On the Road to Winterheaven

Post by Dink » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:06 am

Lanzer needs to meditate for 8 hours, then he bleeds himself below 0 hit points, but before he faints he heals everyone fully.
Just before he faints he asks:
Do we have a recently dead Goblin. I need a new host. Could you get me one?

After another 8 hours he wakes up without any scars and fully healed.
Image Dungeon Master (2)

Badlapje
BARON
BARON
Posts: 200
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:56 am
Location: Belgium

Re: On the Road to Winterheaven

Post by Badlapje » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:48 am

Dang, my head... i feel a bit woozy! What happened, i remember tripping and nearly gutting myself, but after that it all went black.
“A player is never late, Dave. Nor is he early. He arrives precisly when the plot dictates he should.”

User avatar
marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1582
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:09 pm
Location: Round Rock, TX
Contact:

Re: On the Road to Winterheaven

Post by marine7312000 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:25 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
I think we might have gotten in over our heads on that last battle. Where to next?

 

says Dog.

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6872
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: On the Road to Winterheaven

Post by Duniagdra » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:46 am

Dink wrote:Lanzer needs to meditate for 8 hours, then he bleeds himself below 0 hit points, but before he faints he heals everyone fully.
Just before he faints he asks:
Do we have a recently dead Goblin. I need a new host. Could you get me one?

After another 8 hours he wakes up without any scars and fully healed.
Aamon retrieves the least damaged goblin available for Lanzer.
Badlapje wrote:Dang, my head... i feel a bit woozy! What happened, i remember tripping and nearly gutting myself, but after that it all went black.
I kill all of them on my own.
marine7312000 wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
I think we might have gotten in over our heads on that last battle. Where to next?

 

says Dog.
If you consider that over our head, then I'm not sure you're capable to continue this mission.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

Badlapje
BARON
BARON
Posts: 200
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:56 am
Location: Belgium

Re: On the Road to Winterheaven

Post by Badlapje » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:56 am

Straightening himself and then going for some food Nice job, did you find any bows/arrows? It's probably all small size but it's better then nothing. What happened to those machines btw?
“A player is never late, Dave. Nor is he early. He arrives precisly when the plot dictates he should.”

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6872
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: On the Road to Winterheaven

Post by Duniagdra » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:49 am

Aamon points to a wall of the cave. I took everything. I figure the I could sell the machines in Winterhaven, maybe to the city guard or their mage. It could be a handy weapon for defense. I'm hoping handy enough to at least buy a masterwork repeating heavy crossbow and a few cartridges.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

Badlapje
BARON
BARON
Posts: 200
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:56 am
Location: Belgium

Re: On the Road to Winterheaven

Post by Badlapje » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:26 am

Good thinking! Did you find out how they work? They'll be worth more if we know how they work.

Walks over to the loot and checks to see if there's a bow/arrows in there, if so Thaco takes one bow + a quiver full of arrows.

I don't suppose any of them had documents on them or anything of the sort that gave more information about them?
“A player is never late, Dave. Nor is he early. He arrives precisly when the plot dictates he should.”

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6872
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: On the Road to Winterheaven

Post by Duniagdra » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:35 am

Aamon laughs. They're goblins. By the stories I've heard, reading, even design plans or picture instructions, is not their strong point. I've been looking them over all this time to figure them out. I know Dog went to use one and ended up shooting himself.
OUT OF CHARACTER
What skill would be rolled for this?

 

Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: On the Road to Winterheaven

Post by Dink » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:39 pm

You hear a horse approaching outside.
Image Dungeon Master (2)

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6872
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: On the Road to Winterheaven

Post by Duniagdra » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:07 pm

Bow drawn and arrow knocked, Aamon goes to the opening to investigate. Hide/MS 1d20+9=27, 1d20+9=14
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

Badlapje
BARON
BARON
Posts: 200
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:56 am
Location: Belgium

Re: On the Road to Winterheaven

Post by Badlapje » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:15 am

Thaco moves as silently as he can towards the best hiding spot near the cave entrance (inside the cave), rapier at the ready to strike from the shadows should someone come bursting in.

Hide/MS (1d20+12=27, 1d20+10=13)
“A player is never late, Dave. Nor is he early. He arrives precisly when the plot dictates he should.”

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: On the Road to Winterheaven

Post by Dink » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:10 pm

There is something about the cave that you cannot really move silently (taking both rolls).
But both of you manage to get to the cave entrance unseen.

You see an old horse outside. Looks like an old farm horse, which managed to get away from a burned building. There are still two arrows stuck in the back.
The horse is too leached out, so that it hears your noise, but cannot get away.
Aarmon sees that the horse would need something to drink and at least a short rest.

For sure the horse is too terrified, so that you cannot just approach it.
it comes with a harness around the head (not sure if this is the word).
Image Dungeon Master (2)

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6872
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: On the Road to Winterheaven

Post by Duniagdra » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:18 pm

Aamon tries to get closer to the creature to empathize with it. Wild Empathy on horse (1d20+4=13)
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

Badlapje
BARON
BARON
Posts: 200
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:56 am
Location: Belgium

Re: On the Road to Winterheaven

Post by Badlapje » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:11 am

THINKING: Hmm, looks tasty. But it'd likely come in handy to haul all this stuff. Better not shoot it then. Hope Aamon knows what he's doing, maybe i should try to look friendly. That's it, look friendly. Maybe that'll help.
“A player is never late, Dave. Nor is he early. He arrives precisly when the plot dictates he should.”

User avatar
marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1582
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:09 pm
Location: Round Rock, TX
Contact:

Re: On the Road to Winterheaven

Post by marine7312000 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:17 am

Dog eyes the horse warily but makes no threatening movements.

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: On the Road to Winterheaven

Post by Dink » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:05 pm

With both of you trying to get closer to the horse, it simply calms down.
You approach the horse and even manage to get inside the cave.

After a while it starts drinking from your pool and eats whatever you can spare (no meat though).
Image Dungeon Master (2)

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6872
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: On the Road to Winterheaven

Post by Duniagdra » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:48 pm

Aamon has a good look at the horse, Heal Check on horse to determine condition (1d20+6=17), to determine if it's strong enough to carry anything.

I wonder where this creature came from. It feels a bit odd that it would just happen along.

It we clearly in an attack from the wounds it received.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: On the Road to Winterheaven

Post by Dink » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:19 pm

Duniagdra wrote:Aamon has a good look at the horse, Heal Check on horse to determine condition (1d20+6=17), to determine if it's strong enough to carry anything.

I wonder where this creature came from. It feels a bit odd that it would just happen along.

It we clearly in an attack from the wounds it received.
Obviously it would be good to free it from the arrows, heal it and then put the load on it.
Image Dungeon Master (2)

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6872
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: On the Road to Winterheaven

Post by Duniagdra » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:12 pm

Dink wrote:
Duniagdra wrote:Aamon has a good look at the horse, Heal Check on horse to determine condition (1d20+6=17), to determine if it's strong enough to carry anything.

I wonder where this creature came from. It feels a bit odd that it would just happen along.

It we clearly in an attack from the wounds it received.
Obviously it would be good to free it from the arrows, heal it and then put the load on it.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Is the 17 good enough for that? Or do you wish a new roll?

 

Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

Post Reply

Return to “{PbP} League of Ultimate Evil [ENDED]”