On the Road to Winterheaven

Believe in Shar, the goddess of those who have lost everything and who wish revenge. The League of Ultimate Evil will rule the land in the future. Evil is not defined as killing one, but to rule them all. This is the gift of Shar ....
Post Reply
Badlapje
BARON
BARON
Posts: 200
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:56 am
Location: Belgium

Re: On the Road to Winterheaven

Post by Badlapje » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:15 pm

Depends on the wounds i'd say ... if they are to grave then it might not be wise to burden it so soon.
“A player is never late, Dave. Nor is he early. He arrives precisly when the plot dictates he should.”

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: On the Road to Winterheaven

Post by Dink » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:39 pm

After another couple of hours at the fire Aamon manages to get out the arrow and Lanzer provides some healing to the horse.
You manage to put one machine, all arrows, bows and short swords on the horse and you are ready to leave the save place.

Thaco scouts and finds that all goblins have been replaced by new goblins and so far there is one machine replaced, but there are about 5 more goblins.

What's next?
Image Dungeon Master (2)

BINGO DICE on Kickstarter

Badlapje
BARON
BARON
Posts: 200
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:56 am
Location: Belgium

Re: On the Road to Winterheaven

Post by Badlapje » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:07 pm

Guys, whilst it's fun to attack goblins and this time we have better odds with the bows ... it might be better to simply go around them and continue to winterheaven without them noticing us?
“A player is never late, Dave. Nor is he early. He arrives precisly when the plot dictates he should.”

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6880
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: On the Road to Winterheaven

Post by Duniagdra » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:08 pm

It'll be tricky to get by them unnoticed. We have this horse, and I'm not confident that the two of you will be quiet enough. It's hard enough on my own, and I'm trained for sneaking about. I say we strike out at them again. I saw both casters talking with something and for the one, I actually saw a face, so they are not acting on their own.
OUT OF CHARACTER
By the way, I forgot to ask you last time, did I recognize the face at all? Was it the Big One, or the other guy, the ones who hired use to get this rod?

 

Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: On the Road to Winterheaven

Post by Dink » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:15 am

Duniagdra wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
By the way, I forgot to ask you last time, did I recognize the face at all? Was it the Big One, or the other guy, the ones who hired use to get this rod?

 

OUT OF CHARACTER
You did not recognize him.

 

If you take a route which takes about 1/2h longer, you can avoid the goblins and get back on the road at no risk.
Image Dungeon Master (2)

BINGO DICE on Kickstarter

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6880
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: On the Road to Winterheaven

Post by Duniagdra » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:32 am

Okay. I've had my share of goblins and mysterious faces. it may take longer, but we're in good health and able to walk. let's get going.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1587
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:09 pm
Location: Round Rock, TX
Contact:

Re: On the Road to Winterheaven

Post by marine7312000 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:20 pm

While I'm all for fighting sometimes discretion is the better part of valor.says Dog.

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: On the Road to Winterheaven

Post by Dink » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:00 pm

It takes you another 6h to get to Winterheaven.
Its late afternoon when you see the city at distance.
Might be another 20 minutes to walk there.
Image Dungeon Master (2)

BINGO DICE on Kickstarter

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6880
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: On the Road to Winterheaven

Post by Duniagdra » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:41 pm

Aamon continues to lead the horse to the town gate and if stopped by a guard, he tells of the goblins and their ambush, briefly showing the arrow machine captured from one of the ambushes, otherwise he enters seeking out a shop that might be interested in it.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

Badlapje
BARON
BARON
Posts: 200
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:56 am
Location: Belgium

Re: On the Road to Winterheaven

Post by Badlapje » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:28 am

Thaco follows Aamon keeping his eyes and ears open for anything suspicious.
“A player is never late, Dave. Nor is he early. He arrives precisly when the plot dictates he should.”

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: On the Road to Winterheaven

Post by Dink » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:17 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Aaaarrrrrggggghhh!!!
Sorry - for this post.
I just had everything posted and wrapped up and again, everything is gone.


AAAarrrrrrrrgggghhh.

I will rewrite everything in the next days.

 

Image Dungeon Master (2)

BINGO DICE on Kickstarter

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6880
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: On the Road to Winterheaven

Post by Duniagdra » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:54 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
The host provider is what screwed everything up. I had four games to fix, then fix again because of their mess up.

 

Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: On the Road to Winterheaven

Post by Dink » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:18 am

You are in the town just before the town gates are closed by two guards.
There are 8 guards on the 24feet walls. It seems this is a lot for such a town.

You can see a market place (3) with stables (4).
You enter the tavern at 2, which is packed with about 40 people and signs of Selune everywhere.

There is a barkeeper with a woman behind the counter and three girls running to server the guests.

Talking to the barkeeper he offers you a room at his inn with breakfirst and one more meal a day for 7 silver a person per day (with two per room).
Or he says that you can get an appartment with one meal a day for four at 16 silver a day.
And the last offer is to rent a small house for six for a week for 80 silver a week including one meal a day at the inn.

The inn looks as if someone really cares for it and from what you see it offers great food and quality wine.

Barkeeper (big guy, who probably was an adventurere earlier in life):
Did you visit our great temple already?
after a look at your weapons.
Where did you get such small weapons from. I dont mean to offend you, but looks more like lady weapons.

Looks like this guy is willing to spend some time with you and is really interested in your looks. He definately does not want to offend you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Dungeon Master (2)

BINGO DICE on Kickstarter

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: On the Road to Winterheaven

Post by Dink » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:09 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
I updated my post.

 

Image Dungeon Master (2)

BINGO DICE on Kickstarter

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6880
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: On the Road to Winterheaven

Post by Duniagdra » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:43 pm

We were attacked by goblins with a machine able to fire many arrows all at once. Perhaps your town might be interested in buying it to reverse engineer it and make more? We had little in weapons of our own, so we took what they had left. I would love to trade this for a masterwork crossbow. We also came across that horse outside shot up by the goblins I believe. I tended to it's wounds as best I could, but I'm no healer. The arrow machine is with the horse. I'm looking to sell off as much as I can to get something nice in trade.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Spot Check for anyone taking deliberate notice of the four of them (1d20+9=12)

 

Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: On the Road to Winterheaven

Post by Dink » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:37 pm

Barkeeper:
You should definately see Will behind the inn (5). He buys stuff for the lord.
He is currently looking for as much firepower as he can gather, because we are afraid of an goblin attack.
But I guess he will try to trade instead of buy for money.

Hmmm...
Now that you mention it, he ows me some money. Pobably you can ask him for the money he ows me, too.

Soooo, you are here to talk or to eat, drink and sleep?
Image Dungeon Master (2)

BINGO DICE on Kickstarter

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6880
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: On the Road to Winterheaven

Post by Duniagdra » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:56 pm

How about eat, drink and sleep. I know for sure we're up for at least one night of rest. You said seven gold per person, per night, and that includes a morning meal and a mid-day meal? The apartment, was that sixteen silver per person per day?
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: On the Road to Winterheaven

Post by Dink » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:29 pm

Duniagdra wrote:How about eat, drink and sleep. I know for sure we're up for at least one night of rest. You said seven gold per person, per night, and that includes a morning meal and a mid-day meal? The apartment, was that sixteen silver per person per day?
Barkeeper
No lad, you got it all mixed up. The appartment is 16 per night for all of you. But its not in here, its in the south of the city (9).
OUT OF CHARACTER
He really talks about a city.

 

Image Dungeon Master (2)

BINGO DICE on Kickstarter

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6880
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: On the Road to Winterheaven

Post by Duniagdra » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:37 pm

Ah. My bad. Good to have that cleared up then. Aamon offers a slight chuckle. Are we paying you? I'll take the apartment for the four of us then. Also, I'm sure we could all do for a hot meal and a drink? Aamon looks to his companions for an answer.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

Badlapje
BARON
BARON
Posts: 200
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:56 am
Location: Belgium

Re: On the Road to Winterheaven

Post by Badlapje » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:30 pm

Thaco nods curtly to signal his agreement.
“A player is never late, Dave. Nor is he early. He arrives precisly when the plot dictates he should.”

User avatar
marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1587
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:09 pm
Location: Round Rock, TX
Contact:

Re: On the Road to Winterheaven

Post by marine7312000 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:50 am

Dog nods his agreement as well.

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: On the Road to Winterheaven

Post by Dink » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:53 pm

Barkeeper:
All right, bring the horse in the stable and sit down. Pay me tomorrow morning when you come for the breakfast.
He hands you keys for the appartment and signs one of the girls to show you a table and ask for food and drinks.

Girl (giggling shy while looking at Armon):
Please let me know what I can get you. Then you may leave your belongings here and bring the horse to the stable, clean your faces with water and get a refreshing beer and I will bring food for you.

To all of you:
You realize that the small guy did not enter the tavern with you.
Image Dungeon Master (2)

BINGO DICE on Kickstarter

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6880
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: On the Road to Winterheaven

Post by Duniagdra » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:19 pm

Very well.Aamon gives his request for food and then leaves for the apartment telling her they'll return shortly. Aamon, with Thaco and Dog lead the horse to the stable. While no one is near, he talks. This place is death for us. Where's Lanzer? We should get to the apartment and hide him. Perhaps tomorrow we might even be able to rob some of these people on the road outside. I'm thinking being able to impersonate Selune followers will getting us further in towns such as this.

We then stable the horse and after loading the gear in the apartment, with Lanzer as part of the gear if possible. We then return to the tavern, or at least Aamon will, and maybe try to bring the meals back to the apartment? He'll pay for the apartment when he pays for this meal.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1587
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:09 pm
Location: Round Rock, TX
Contact:

Re: On the Road to Winterheaven

Post by marine7312000 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:33 am

Dog decides to accompany Aamon back to the tavern, hoping to pump the locals for some information.

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6880
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: On the Road to Winterheaven

Post by Duniagdra » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:55 pm

Aamon accepts Dog's offer to accompany him. After the apartment, when Aamon and Dog return to the tavern, Aamon asks, How long has this town been up and running? It seems a fine, well protected, and safe community. There was mention of trouble with goblins. perhaps the ones who attacked us about 6 hours back were the same that have been giving you trouble.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: On the Road to Winterheaven

Post by Dink » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:00 pm

You all make it back to the tavern.
Barkeeper:
The town is about 40 years old. My grandpa was one of the first to come here with the lord of the town.
And yeah - the town used to be a save place, but a couple of nights ago someone broke into ... naaah, still this place is safe.
It's more the streets outside. About 2 months ago the streets started to be hold by goblins. We have no clue. All troups send to secure the streets are still out there.
So we made this town save and every night everyone from around gets here.

Thats why you and the guy over there in the corner are the only ones showing up here in weeks.
Image Dungeon Master (2)

BINGO DICE on Kickstarter

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6880
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: On the Road to Winterheaven

Post by Duniagdra » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:09 pm

Aamon looks in the direction the barkeep indicates to see this other person. You were saying someone broke into something? What was stolen? Did the perp get caught? I see by the number of guards on the wall, security is serious business, which puts me at ease. Maybe in the morning I can sell or trade off this machine I took from the goblins and your lord can put its technology to good use.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: On the Road to Winterheaven

Post by Dink » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:43 pm

The other person sits in a corner on his own.
Nothing too special about this guy.
Barkeeper:
Probably you manage to get rid of the goblin pest for us. That would really help and I would personally pay my share for your service.
Just ask at the selune temple (all the way to the west) how you can help.
And forgive me for talking about the ... ehm ... someone breaking in. Nonsens. Enjoy your meal.
Image Dungeon Master (2)

BINGO DICE on Kickstarter

User avatar
Nargath
Level 14 Contributor
Level 14 Contributor
Posts: 466
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:32 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Re: On the Road to Winterheaven

Post by Nargath » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:44 pm

The man in the corner continues to casually observe the party and the barkeep.
Image Xandos

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6880
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: On the Road to Winterheaven

Post by Duniagdra » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:03 pm

Aamon looks to the guy in the corner briefly to see if he can read anything from him, Sense Motive (1d20+2=6), but must not have looked long enough.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

Post Reply

Return to “{PbP} League of Ultimate Evil [ENDED]”