[Suggestion] Cheating

This contains all rules related to the Arena of Ages.
You can also post rules suggestions, ideas and propositions in here!
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

[Suggestion] Cheating

Post by admin » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:18 pm

I think there needs to be a small section that clearly spells out that you can't 'cheat'. Something like:

CHEATING:
Cheating within the Arena is not permitted. DMs who suspect a Player of cheating will report him to all the Arena moderators and the admin, for review.

Invisible Castle: The DM of a match or tourney will specify which campaign names you must use when rolling for your character. Once you make a roll on invisible castle, you cannot re-roll it if you are not satisfied with the roll. If you made a mistake in your roll, consult your DM to ask him how he wants to handle this; In most cases, the DM will just keep the current result of the d20, and just fix the 'adjustments'.

DM Issues: If you think the DM handling your Match is unfair to you, contact him via PM to ask about the situation - there might be something you are not aware of, which explains the DM's ruling. If you really beleive the DM is in the wrong, do this: Send a Private Message to all the Moderators of the Arena, including your DM and the admin (you can select more than one recipient for a PM). Explain exactly what you beleive is the issue, as clearly as possible. The Moderators will review it between themselves, and send back a decision/recommendation which the DM & players must follow.

------------------
Please review this + append changes + apply it to the main rules ( i might have forgotten something... :P )
THANKS!

Richard

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Re: [Suggestion] Cheating

Post by Duniagdra » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:41 pm

The DM/Judge cannot name the campaign for a match as the campaign name has already been specified. AoA Gladiator. Having too many Campaign names will get confusing. Keep them all the same.

A simple prevention to cheating is that all players be required to use their full character name and the campaign name, this way a single search will list all rolls, by either campaign, or player. Any roll submitted without both of these will be deemed invalid, no excuses.

I think other that this change, the above post is okay. Just one question. Why include the admin?
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:49 pm

Duniagdra wrote: Why include the admin?
If one of the Moderator is involved, then adding the admin makes it 3 people again for decision (no "ties" in for decisions)
Also, I'd like to be informed of such occurrences.

R

BusyCowboy
BusyCowboy
BusyCowboy

Post by BusyCowboy » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:38 pm

And plus also adding in Richard would be the ultimate say in such as it is also his board. LOL

If cheating is to be found, what ideas could we come up with as a way to penalize the character and/or player? I know there would be harsher ones for the more serious, and I have a few ideas, but would like input on this as well.

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:26 am

Well, the 'worst' penalty there could be is suspension of the School I guess.
Other than that, it could be a fine (100gp per Gladiator level :P )

R

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:40 am

admin wrote:Well, the 'worst' penalty there could be is suspension of the School I guess.
Other than that, it could be a fine (100gp per Gladiator level :P )

R
First Offense: 100 GP fine per level of gladiator of that School.
Second Offense: 100 GP fine per level of all gladiators of that School.
Third: Suspension of School for x Months.
Forth: Expulsion of School

Grounds for suspicion of cheating:
Player has more than one repeated roll shown within same day of posting for this Gladiator. This repeat roll and the roll that was repeated from both fall after a preceding post/PM that rolls were already accepted for and before a following post/PM that one of these two rolls are included in. That a Player has not consulted any one DM/Judge through PM or post prior to this repeat. Only after consulting with any one DM/Judge through PM or post and getting consent can there be a repeat roll. A roll on IC cannot be from a date that is not the same date as the post. Any one DM/Judge should first consist of the DM/Judge presiding over gladiator's current competition this roll pertains to. After which, a lack of response from said DM/Judge may be escalated to all DMs/Judges.
Image Image

BusyCowboy
BusyCowboy
BusyCowboy

Post by BusyCowboy » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:25 am

Fine, I move to motion the following be added/amended:
First Offense: 100 GP fine per level of gladiator of that School.
Second Offense: 100 GP fine per level of all gladiators of that School.
Third: Suspension of School for x Months.
Forth: Expulsion of School

Grounds for suspicion of cheating:
Player has more than one repeated roll shown within same day of posting for this Gladiator. This repeat roll and the roll that was repeated from both fall after a preceding post/PM that rolls were already accepted for and before a following post/PM that one of these two rolls are included in. That a Player has not consulted any one DM/Judge through PM or post prior to this repeat. Only after consulting with any one DM/Judge through PM or post and getting consent can there be a repeat roll. A roll on IC cannot be from a date that is not the same date as the post. Any one DM/Judge should first consist of the DM/Judge presiding over gladiator's current competition this roll pertains to. After which, a lack of response from said DM/Judge may be escalated to all DMs/Judges.

scantrontb
scantrontb
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:33 pm

Duniagdra wrote:The DM/Judge cannot name the campaign for a match as the campaign name has already been specified. AoA Gladiator. Having too many Campaign names will get confusing. Keep them all the same.

A simple prevention to cheating is that all players be required to use their full character name and the campaign name, this way a single search will list all rolls, by either campaign, or player. Any roll submitted without both of these will be deemed invalid, no excuses.
i'm not familiar with the operation of IC, as i don't use it (i usually only play F2F, but ...) what if i use IC to roll up a character for some other PbP game, say "the worlds largest dungeon", will those rolls show up as "cheating" on THIS game?

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:39 pm

scantrontb wrote:i'm not familiar with the operation of IC, as i don't use it (i usually only play F2F, but ...) what if i use IC to roll up a character for some other PbP game, say "the worlds largest dungeon", will those rolls show up as "cheating" on THIS game?
Rolls are identified by the Character's name and the Campaign Name.. no worries about cross-campaign issues.
R

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:58 pm

admin wrote:
scantrontb wrote:i'm not familiar with the operation of IC, as i don't use it (i usually only play F2F, but ...) what if i use IC to roll up a character for some other PbP game, say "the worlds largest dungeon", will those rolls show up as "cheating" on THIS game?
Rolls are identified by the Character's name and the Campaign Name.. no worries about cross-campaign issues.
R
As Richard said, We use character and campaign name for validation, but user id is also a consideration. For all my games, I cross reference all three to be sure they match. More so during character creation.
Image Image

Return to “{PbP} AoA: Rules & Regulations”