[Suggestion] Purchases [closed]

This contains all rules related to the Arena of Ages.
You can also post rules suggestions, ideas and propositions in here!
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

[Suggestion] Purchases [closed]

Post by admin » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:48 pm

I suggest the following: Gladiators cannot BUY anything until they level up.

Reason: This is not for Logic's sake - it's not really logical. But rather, this is for simplicity's sake: It is much simpler to re-validate characters as they level up (i.e. once per level), then it would be each time they buy anything new between fights... This will become a larger issue as the number of Gladiators increases.

Richard

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Re: [Suggestion] Purchases

Post by admin » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:57 pm

There is another reasons this would be good (in my opinion)
If I have the "Evil Knight (level 2)" Gladiator on my HD, I don't need to go see if there is any update to that level 2 Gladiator..!!

R

PowerRongeur
BARON
BARON

Post by PowerRongeur » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:05 pm

I see two problems with this:

1- You have to buy all your potions/spell components/expendables in one go at the time of levelling. It might not be such a problem but I'd hate to miss a key ingredient down the line because I had 50 gold missing 4 fights ago.

2- It doesn't keep track of said expendables. The gladiator will need to be updated when he uses his potion of Bull's strenght anyways. Or are you suggesting he has the potion for the entire level.

One way to go around the problem is to increase the price of these expendable items by 4 and tell them they've got it for the whole level.
Famous Last Words: "No more healing? Let's go in anyways!"

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:10 pm

You know, I was going along with this. But after giving it thought,this does not feel right. In fact, it actually doesn't make sense that a gladiator, after winning a match would not be able to improve his/her weapons, armor, etc. With this in mind, I'm reversing my decision on this. A Gladiator will receive his/her gold at the time of win/loss and be able to make purchases accordingly.

My reason: I fought a match and found that a weapon or tactic didn't work as I thought. Having won, or even lost, I'd be inclined to spend coin on something to help my odds in the next match.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image

kabkal
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by kabkal » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:19 pm

Has this been decided as I do not want to accept another challenge if I am allowed to spend a little money to improve my odds?
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image Coty: Gnome/Summoner
ImageBART 1173:Andriod/Pisterol

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:55 pm

Duniagdra wrote:You know, I was going along with this. But after giving it thought,this does not feel right. In fact, it actually doesn't make sense that a gladiator, after winning a match would not be able to improve his/her weapons, armor, etc. With this in mind, I'm reversing my decision on this. A Gladiator will receive his/her gold at the time of win/loss and be able to make purchases accordingly.

My reason: I fought a match and found that a weapon or tactic didn't work as I thought. Having won, or even lost, I'd be inclined to spend coin on something to help my odds in the next match.
Please Read
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image

Return to “{PbP} AoA: Rules & Regulations”