New PbP: World's Largest Dungeon [CLOSED]

Many millennia ago, the Celestials built a great prison within the Planet of Golarion. The prison warded off those who would enter, and also walled in and magically trapped those who would escape. Within it the Celestials imprisoned hellish Undead, demonic beasts, and fiendish monstrosities. Now these beasts are breaking out with a serious chip on their shoulders. The gods believe you can stop them.................do you?
cave_lion
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Re: New PbP: World's Largest Dungeon [RECRUITING/Pending PFRPG]

Post by cave_lion » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:54 am

You can wait duni--I think some people just want to be able to start with something, which is fine. I am basically commenting via pm on any preliminary things that come to mind and saying final approval will wait until TOS 3.0 is available...

For anyone else--you may be better served, if you want to work on something, to think of a (very) basic back story. I am going to tie everyone in each campaign together by storyline, so any ideas you have for character concept will help me do this as realistically as possible. Especially useful would be basic type of upraising (farmer/city/etc); religious inclinations; reason for choice of Class; and any professions or Crafts you plan on taking...

A few thoughts at this point:
duni/re: Bigdredge Cutterman, Dwarf Cleric of Sarenrae
Interesting choice of deity? It works very well with my initial thoughts--so I would like to use this as a main story tag. Just curious--do you have the deity book to be aware of the all the dwarven deities? Was there a reasoning you chose Sarenrae, or was it just a best basic fit looking at the main deities in the CRB?

scarymike/re: Dwarven Cleric and deities
did you find what you were looking for? I can make you a list of the gods in the deity book that are not in the Core Rulebook if that would be helpful.

patransom/re: potential Tiefling
this choice would tie in nicely to the storyline, so I would encourage you to take this Race over half-elf...

marine7312000 /re: half orc paladin
I like it! Do you have a background concept for how a half orc can become a lawful good paladin? If you have not picked out deities you would also be served well picking Sarenrae (not a necessity by any means if you already have something else going)

SO--I am not saying everyone should pick Sarenrae as a deity, by the way--the entire pantheon (of Good and Neutral) deities is open to anyone. I am assuming everyone will be playing a good or neutral character. If this is not the case mention that to me now also so I can incorporate that into the story. If you go this route, you will end up essentially being a traitor in the midst. And again--if you are looking for something not in the CRB, I do have the deities book with more info--just let me know what you need and I'll look for it.

One final thing I keep forgetting to mention--Hit Points will be maxed at first level.

oh ya--marine7312000: starting wealth is table 6-1 on page 140 in the CRB. There are also Feats, and Traits that modify this. If you don't have the CRB go here

cave_lion
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by cave_lion » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:55 am

ok to delete
Last edited by cave_lion on Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Esselmonster
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by Esselmonster » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:45 pm

I could do a monk. Might be a refreshing challenge as I'm generally partial to paladins and clerics.

LinusMundane
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by LinusMundane » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:56 pm

Its funny cause the only 2 ive never played are bard and monk and I chose bard. If I wasn't so excited for one just to play PF and for 2 to play this Bard, I would switch but the bard is very intriguing to me.
Image Glugglug; Orcish Paladin of Tyranny
Image Bone Crushnsmash; Fighter of the Bloodthirst School
Image Collin; Monk
Image Nani; Rogue
Image Dwanthor; Hill Dwarf Warlock

patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by patransom » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:59 pm

Tiefling it is, then. I was leaning that way anyway.

cave_lion
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by cave_lion » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:56 pm

ok to delete
Last edited by cave_lion on Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cave_lion
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by cave_lion » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:38 am

Just spent some time looking at the Skills in Pathfinder and realized they are very different from 3.5--so TWLD skill list recommendations are kinda useless. I removed them from this post. Sorry about that. On a positive note--skills seem to be streamlined so there are fewer skills with broader ranges of uses. Should be pretty easy to pick useful skills, keeping in mind the dungeon environment... (one potentially useful one that you may not expect is Swim.)

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:03 am

cave_lion wrote:Just spent some time looking at the Skills in Pathfinder and realized they are very different from 3.5--so TWLD skill list recommendations are kinda useless. I removed them from this post. Sorry about that. On a positive note--skills seem to be streamlined so there are fewer skills with broader ranges of uses. Should be pretty easy to pick useful skills, keeping in mind the dungeon environment... (one potentially useful one that you may not expect is Swim.)
THe list of recommended skills they gave is far from useless. The player simply reviews the list and converts said skills to their Pathfinder equivalent. It's very simple actually, so reposting that list will be very useful to a player.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image

cave_lion
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by cave_lion » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:14 am

Ok duni--if you think it is useful I'll put it back up (under the initial first post). It just seems that there are far fewer skills than there used to be and the points to spend are set up totally different. Pretty much to start you are going to put only one point in any skill--and there are not that many points at first level. I started converting the list and it ended up being pretty much all of the ones in Pathfinder (except the obvious ones that would not be useful.) But no big deal to put it back in...

edit: done (under the notes section in first post)

cave_lion
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by cave_lion » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:32 am

A question came up regarding Domains that I thought would be useful to answer here:

Here are 2 options you can use to gain a domain different from your deities primary ones:

You could use one of your "Traits" to switch 1 deity domain to any other domain (as long as it does not conflict with your deity or character in other ways such as alignment.) You can only do this once.

You could use the bonus you gain from picking 5 Quirks to add an extra Domain of your choice. (changing your Domains from 2 to 3, thereby gaining a few extra granted powers and a larger Domain Spell List to cast your extra spells from.)

scarymike23
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by scarymike23 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:40 am

cave_lion wrote: scarymike/re: Dwarven Cleric and deities
did you find what you were looking for? I can make you a list of the gods in the deity book that are not in the Core Rulebook if that would be helpful.
Zanice Songsteel, Dwarven Cleric of Torag.
Last edited by scarymike23 on Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
-SM

cave_lion
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by cave_lion » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:42 am

JC on crutches--your gonna need an airlift to get around in that getup? :lol:

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:47 am

I opened a new section for this PbP

R
P.S. If you need to talk to me, I'm often in CHAT... :)

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:24 am

cave_lion wrote:A question came up regarding Domains that I thought would be useful to answer here:

Here are 2 options you can use to gain a domain different from your deities primary ones:

You could use one of your "Traits" to switch 1 deity domain to any other domain (as long as it does not conflict with your deity or character in other ways such as alignment.) You can only do this once.

You could use the bonus you gain from picking 5 Quirks to add an extra Domain of your choice. (changing your Domains from 2 to 3, thereby gaining a few extra granted powers and a larger Domain Spell List to cast your extra spells from.)
where do i find these quirks?
Image Image

cave_lion
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by cave_lion » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:27 am

I added two links in the first post with some great info--or you can just search quirks lists or gurps quirks to find info.

LinusMundane
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Re: New PbP: World's Largest Dungeon [FULL/Pending PFRPG]

Post by LinusMundane » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:27 am

Ninja answered before i could post, disregard.
Last edited by LinusMundane on Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Collin; Monk
Image Nani; Rogue

LinusMundane
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by LinusMundane » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:38 am

And as such, I have chosen 5 of them from the first link posted and added them to the "Notes section" of the sheet. Looking forward to implementing these as the flavors I chose lend themselves to the type of Bard I wanted to play and now I have a better example of some of the things he does and why.
Image Collin; Monk
Image Nani; Rogue

LinusMundane
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by LinusMundane » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:02 pm

Please disregard my idiocy.
Last edited by LinusMundane on Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Collin; Monk
Image Nani; Rogue

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:18 pm

cave_lion wrote:duni/re: Bigdredge Cutterman, Dwarf Cleric of Sarenrae
Interesting choice of deity? It works very well with my initial thoughts--so I would like to use this as a main story tag. Just curious--do you have the deity book to be aware of the all the dwarven deities? Was there a reasoning you chose Sarenrae, or was it just a best basic fit looking at the main deities in the CRB?
I chose her for the weapon and domains. I haven't looked at the other deities though. I don't have a book on them it seems. I think I've found my five quirks too. I copied the list into TOS+ so I have it for later when 3.0 comes out. Richard is just taking sooooooooooo long with it. Mentioning something about "all these changes". Geeze. >:)
Image Image

scarymike23
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by scarymike23 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:53 pm

Duniagdra wrote: I chose her for the weapon and domains. I haven't looked at the other deities though. I don't have a book on them it seems. (snip)
http://pathfinder.wikia.com/wiki/Catego ... ower_level
-SM

cave_lion
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by cave_lion » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:34 pm

Player List: As it stands now.
Here are the two campaigns in a preliminary line up. This will be modified to balance the parties as I discover specific character abilities. If anyone has any recommendations or preferences feel free to send a pm. There are still a few slots open if anyone wants to join in...one of the parties is in need of a Bard if that interests anyone.

I have sorted through all the posts and updated the initial Recruitment Ad (1st post in this thread) to include the questions/ideas that have come up. So you should be able to refer to just that first thread to answer all your questions as you make up your characters.

mr_man: Half-orc Barbarian
Duniagdra: Bigdredge Cutterman, Dwarf Cleric of Sarenrae
kabkal: Keveak Serpenthelm the Swordsmith, Human Fighter
patransom: Tiefling Rogue
klakxor: gnomish Sorcerer (willing to bow out if needed)

LinusMundane: Human Bard
scarymike23: Dwarven Cleric
mkihnt: ? Monk
marine7312000: Half Orc Paladin
shai-hulud: Halfling-ish Rogue
Benji: ? Sorcerer

Esselmonster
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by Esselmonster » Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:54 pm

Will be human, named Bhen the Courteous.

cave_lion
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by cave_lion » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:24 pm

We are live with a Campaign forum now--so everyone can start posting their Character Creation items here.

Return to “{PbP} The World's Largest Dungeon [CLOSED]{Pathfinder}”