Character Creation

Many millennia ago, the Celestials built a great prison within the Planet of Golarion. The prison warded off those who would enter, and also walled in and magically trapped those who would escape. Within it the Celestials imprisoned hellish Undead, demonic beasts, and fiendish monstrosities. Now these beasts are breaking out with a serious chip on their shoulders. The gods believe you can stop them.................do you?
cave_lion
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Re: Character Creation

Post by cave_lion » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:55 pm

Arpat wrote:a wizard could take a big book (like a bible or similar) and learn from it for a long time to come. trying to learn the magic etc...
maybe that could help?
Certainly an option depending on background and having the right teacher before getting stuck in the dungeon. That would be a very unusual way for any sage to treat their apprentice (watch Micky Mouse in Fantasia for why that's a bad idea :)

I would allow some kind of variation of this though, depending on the background of the player, if it came to that...

greg_BSCIS
BARON
BARON

Post by greg_BSCIS » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:08 pm

Well we all know lovely DMs, they like pulling tricks on us.

You wake up one morning and he see goblin tracks lead from your backpack to the dungeon darkness. You look in your backpack and you notice your BBoS (Big Book of Spells) is MISSING!

You think you heard a small explosion down one of the many dungeon corridors.

No to BBoSes ... ;)

cave_lion
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by cave_lion » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:11 pm

hehe--that thought did instantly come to mind. Was gonna save it for later though--looks like you got me figured out already :lol:

Arpat
Arpat
Arpat

Post by Arpat » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:12 pm

yeah well that happens... DM's always have surprises...

like finding the book of great awesomeness - but cant read it ...
or the room of many wishes... but you are to scared to say anything...

but your having fun as have i :) and thats important.
btw: I like the eldritch knight. never played one, but it sounds cool :)
Arpat

greg_BSCIS
BARON
BARON

Post by greg_BSCIS » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:45 pm

Ok Team B or "Why?"

What do you prefer?

Fighter-L2\*Sorcerer-L8\Arcane Archer-L10 - great range ability - low magic - decent hand-to-hand

16/11/6/1

*Sorcerer-L10[19]\Eldricth Warrior-L10 - Better magic ability -

BAB = 15/10/5

Cast 9th Level Spells

+10 Sorcerer and +9 Eldricth Knight

*Fighter-L1\Sorcerer-L9\Spellsword-L10- decent hand-to-hand, Up to 14th (9+5) level in Sorcerer, can use heavy armor, other special abilities

BAB - 15/10/5

*Denotes primary class
[] = Total spell levels.

cave_lion
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Re: Campaign Update

Post by cave_lion » Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:58 am

I have started adding to each character's story in each Individual Character's Post (in Campaign "A" or "B".) For those who are wondering where I am going with all of this--I am basically just using the down time while we wait for TOS 3.0 to do a crash course in learning about the Pathfinder Chronicles World and how it all fits together. I plan on updating each character initially to place them into a specific world setting , and then developing one more update that moves each character through the world to join with other members of their party and get to the necessary point where we can begin the actual Campaign. Much of this info is going to be (sort of) irrelevant after play starts and you are all trapped in the Dungeon, but I want to do it to get everyone to start thinking about all of the new names in Golarion (places/gods/etc) and to develop a sense of history and place for each character as far as where they are coming from at the beginning of the Campaign...

I am interpreting your characters to the best of my ability, but I could certainly make some mistakes along the way--so by all means step in and correct or embellish as you see fit as I develop the storyline. At the same time--unless I specifically ask for input, don't feel like I am "fishing" for responses with these posts--I am not.

cave_lion
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Re: TOS 3.0 is available!

Post by cave_lion » Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:14 am

TOS 3.0 is now released! Everyone please send updated .tos files and we can get this show started. I still want to do some synchronized backgrounds--but in a quicker way now--so assuming everyone gets their characters to me we will be starting mid to end of next week...

cave_lion
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Re: Update on status

Post by cave_lion » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:08 am

Just a follow up regarding my current intent with the individual posts:

Unfortunately, if I roleplayed everyone's journeys there would be some people with a lot to do and others with very little, which would lead to some people not having anything to do for quite awhile. So as fun as it sounds to play these side campaigns with each of you, I am instead, going to be getting everyone playing together as quickly as possible. I am trying to post things in a pseudo-chronological order as each player moves through the world--So just try to follow along as I post each player's story and this will all very quickly wrap up with everyone together and ready to get to the actual Campaign (hopefully with everyone having a much better understanding of their world and who they are as players...

A couple of other comments: If you are planning on keeping a journal, please consider doing this using the wiki for the Campaign so others can access and enjoy it too...

The season for the Campaign is currently Fall by the way--though that is going to be completely irrelevant very soon once you are in the depths of the Dungeon.

A tip--most of you already know this, but in case you don't--you can "subscribe" to Forums by clicking on the "subscribe" word in the bottom blue band of each page. To track everything going on in a specific forum (like each of you would want to do for Group A or B)--you can go to the main Forum page and subscribe to everything--so anytime a new post is made you will be notified via email. You can also subscribe to individual posts, which I would recommend doing for the posts in the Primary TWLD forum (like "Character Creation" and "Campaign Specific Rules and Concepts".)
Don't subscribe to the entire TWLD forum, since this would lead to you getting notifications for both group A and B. I want to again discourage everyone from reading the other parties' postings, since they will diverge over time, leading to events happening in different orders and ways.

edited tip: one thing to keep in mind with subscribed forums or posts--edits are not reflected in the notification, so it is easy to miss one--it is always a good idea to go back one or two posts once the game is rolling good to make sure you don't miss any changed posts...

cave_lion
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by cave_lion » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:31 pm

I just edited the last post--and am using this post to let people know (which can be useful because when a post is edited, a subscriber to the post is not notified of this fact...)

cave_lion
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by cave_lion » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:21 am

I noticed a lot more synergy with our group than the other. Was that by design on extreme coincidence?

Don't worry, I will still role play if I read something I shouldn't have.
Not sure if I would say synergy is greater in your group--the synergy is just more obvious in yours because of the personalities of the PC's. Most of the stories at this point are revolving around choice of deity and my interpretation of how that would bring a group together. The first group also has my son and wife (Dakar and Sheen) who haven't entered the story yet--but are tied together much like Birag and Zanice. As far as Taedyn and Treye--THAT is total coincidence--so rather than fight it I decided to roll with it. The first group will definitely be a looser/wilder/unpredictable one. At least if the characters develop the way I imagine they will--but that is part of the fun for me--playing two campaigns that started out identical and are already diverging along different paths...
I am pretty much winging it, by the way :) I have an idea of where I want to go with things--and TWLD is a canned Module so much of it is there already--but things are going to end up very different from a standard TWLD game--and I suspect the two campaigns will have very different flavors to them.

It's fine to read these beginnings, by the way, if that is what you want--it is during the main play that I would discourage doing that--because chances are good that one of the groups will get slightly ahead of the other one pretty quickly, so reading the other group if you are in the lagging group would pretty much detail all of the major things that will happen--killing the spontaneous gameplay possibilities you may have had if you didn't know what was coming up. PbP is slow and ponderous enough compared to a tabletop game--much of the spontaneous action goes out the window already because of that...

cave_lion
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Re: Start of Campaign

Post by cave_lion » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:23 pm

I am wrapping up the intros--by tomorrow everything will be set up and we will begin the campaign. If there are any last minute .tos changes to send in, please get that done by tomorrow evening if possible.

shai and Benji--still need pics for your two characters. scarymike--looking for .tos.

Arpat--I am planning on trying to integrate your Quirk bonus into your sheet--if I am successful I will send that to you shortly. I had to do something similar for my son's character (mr_man), so want to do it again to try and learn it right.

If I am forgetting something now is the time to bring that up.

By the way, my son is 13--a bit on the young side for gaming--especially the PbP variety. I think he will be fine and this will be a great opportunity for him to get better at writing and typing and other things too. I am not looking for any filtered behavior--barring what we all normally keep to--so no special treatment for him. Do try and be patient with him though, as he is learning a very complex game that most of us have been playing for years...

Benji
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Benji » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:22 am

I'm having trouble finding a suitable picture to use. Every time I do a search for something that sounds like Treye, it always returns something... Uh... Inappropriate, to say the least. I'll just agree to use one of the ones you picked out earlier.
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

Return to “{PbP} The World's Largest Dungeon [CLOSED]{Pathfinder}”