A1E) Bigdredge & Keveak: An Unlikely Pair

Group A
cave_lion
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

A1E) Bigdredge & Keveak: An Unlikely Pair

Post by cave_lion » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:15 am

Travel along the Sellen River Road is surprisingly safe given the dangerous times. Both Bigdredge and Keveak find themselves making good time and having no idea where they are making good time to. Most of the traffic through the woods is carried out on boats, so there are few travelers to interrupt the interesting conversations the two hero's carry on with invisible friends and gear.

Bigdredge: you have been traveling for days uneventfully. And then just before the dawn sun rises over the trees to the East you see a fiery light coming down the road towards you. It literally appears to be a ball of gaseous flames slowly moving towards you and growing larger. Fighting a panic, you attempt to remain calm and not overreact. You have seen the fireball spell in action and are quite sure that is not what this is. It is moving oddly, in fact at times you are not sure if it is moving at all but perhaps hovering at a certain spot in the road. As you draw closer, still fighting the urge to bolt, you reach your free hand up to Sarenrae's symbol around your neck with a quick prayer under your breath. And as if in answer an odd voice responds, coming from nowhere and everywhere...
SpoilerShow
burning sun.jpg
This one you must take with you. He knows nothing of your faith but is still a great ally. Give him a reason to join with you and he will.

Upon hearing this the ball of flame suddenly quickly grows as it moves toward you until at the last moment it fades to nothing and you see a man walking towards you about 30 feet away. You are sweating profusely.
SpoilerShow
Keveak.jpg
OUT OF CHARACTER
you're up Bigd and Keveak...

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Re: Bigdredge & Keveak: An Unlikely Pair

Post by Duniagdra » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:00 am

THINKING: Blessed be by her glory. It's by your will that I trust. Big displays a broad smile, his weapon hand raise open and empty. Greetings fellow traveler. How hails you on this day? For a Dwarf, Big seems well spoken. One of the many hard lessons learned him by his teachers.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image

kabkal
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Re: 1E) Bigdredge & Keveak: An Unlikely Pair

Post by kabkal » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:17 pm

Keveak looks around to see who the dwarf is speaking to. He closes his eyes, rubs his nose and appears to be muttering to himself. He turns to his right "His he talking to you or me?"

Weakly he says Hi, putting his hand on the hilt of his sword, not in a threatening manner, but defensive.
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image Coty: Gnome/Summoner
ImageBART 1173:Andriod/Pisterol

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:10 am

Not aware that Keveak may not have heard the voice, or seen the object, or even sees the figure approaching, Big approaches this individual. He does have his hand on weapon though, in case this may be a ruse.
Knowledge: Religion (1d20+5=9)
Big believes wholeheartedly that this was a calling from Sarenrae. But still, he remains on guard.
Image Image

kabkal
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by kabkal » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:07 pm

Keveak seeing the dwarf approaching directly towards him now, appears to step back, as if hiding behind someone. "I think he is talking to you, not me. Harney, you speak to him. If he is violent I will guard you back as always. If he wants to talk to me he will let us know. Don't be scared Haney, be friendly like mama said to be." And then he just stands there looking down to the dwarf.

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:28 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
It seems I may have misread the first post. I thought Keveak was walking beside me and this orb appeared between us and this other man. It's actually about Big and Ke meeting for the first time though.

Common: And where might the day be bringing you traveler?
Image Image

kabkal
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by kabkal » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:11 pm

Looking shocked that the dwarf is speaking to him, Keveak asks "Are you talking to me?? I am going that away" pointing in the general direction he was going.

"I guess you were right, he IS talking to me. Just shut up."

"So, where are you going?" to the dwarf.

cave_lion
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by cave_lion » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:26 pm

[quote="Duniagdra"]
OUT OF CHARACTER
It seems I may have misread the first post. I thought Keveak was walking beside me and this orb appeared between us and this other man. It's actually about Big and Ke meeting for the first time though.

OUT OF CHARACTER
my apologies if this confusion comes from my writing skills duni--you are correct that you were alone (going north) and approaching one man coming from the opposite direction (south) who is (you are soon to find out) Keveak. The orb actually prevented you from seeing him coming until it disappeared. If you are confused by kabkal's posts--you have probably figured out by now that one of his quirks is talking to an invisible friend...

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:41 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
I figured it out. I'm all straight now. But I'll still send you a bill just because that's how I roll. :2c:

Image Image

cave_lion
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by cave_lion » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:44 pm

Duniagdra wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
I figured it out. I'm all straight now. But I'll still send you a bill just because that's how I roll. :2c:

OUT OF CHARACTER
I'll pay that bill anytime sir :D (ever hear of inflation?)

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:46 pm

cave_lion wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
I'll pay that bill anytime sir :D (ever hear of inflation?)

OUT OF CHARACTER
That's why it's :2c: and not 1. :P

Image Image

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:16 pm

kabkal wrote:Looking shocked that the dwarf is speaking to him, Keveak asks "Are you talking to me?? I am going that away" pointing in the general direction he was going.

"I guess you were right, he IS talking to me. Just shut up."

"So, where are you going?" to the dwarf.
Common: Now, now, my good man. It's quite rude telling someone to shut up before even meeting him and knowing what he has to say, says Bigdredge in a calm and even tone though his face looks a bit unpleasant. Common: I'm on a mission in My Lady's name. Sarenrae has called on me for a great and important mission. Perhaps you may wish to accompany me?
Big then takes a soft rag from under his tunic covered chainshirt and begins polishing hit silver holy symbol. Common: We seem to have company Precious, Big says to his symbol.
Image Image

kabkal
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by kabkal » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:28 pm

Kev looks down at the dwarf talking to an object. "And they say we are crazy Harney, at least we talk to each other and not some object."

"Sure, I will go with you. No where else to go. By the way" taking hand away from his sword, My name is Keveak. Harney (looking to Harney) don't be shy. Introduce yourself. Come on, you can do it. Fine, (back to dwarf) sorry, my friend is a bit shy around strangers. His name is Harney.

Please don't laugh at the way he is dressed, he is a bit eccentric at times.

What is your name? Where are you going and how can I help you?

Kev has a look of disappointment when Harney would not introduce himself.

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:04 pm

Tucking his symbol back into his shirt as well as his cloth, Big reaches out a hand in greeting, Bigdredge Cutterman! At your service. I'm on a mission to bring the word of Sarenrae to everyone I meet. It's part of my becoming a full priest in her name. Battling against those who oppose her and what she represents. She has guided me this far and is leading me somewhere yet to be revealed. She has a most urgent mission in store for me, this I know. If you're looking for adventure, were I go may be what you seek. How did you get to meet your companion, Harney? And just so you know, Crazy is all a matter of perspective. To me, you're just talking to yourself and answering. I've seen enough of both to wonder exactly what it is that defines a person as crazy.
Image Image

kabkal
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by kabkal » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:46 am

Bigredge, it is nice to meet you. I will be happy to travel with you, and work with you. All I ask is that you not try to convert me or talk religion to me. Harney and I have been friends for many years, but he tells the story better than me, usually after a pint or three. Lead on and I will follow you.

Kev walks side by side with Big and keeps looking around to be sure nothing is following us. Harney, keep your eyes open, this is when the fun begins.

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:30 am

Ah, need worry yourself not about me converting. That's not the way of Sarenrae. Her way is through honesty and redemption. That, lad, is my mission, in part. I'm to spread her word by teaching honesty is always best, though there are moments in life were it's necessary to over look that a wee bit. Redemption is given to those who seek it by action or request and Smite and Bester here, Big places a hand to each scimitar, are the tools in which redemption can be found for some. Come, we have much ground to cover and time is never resting.
Image Image

cave_lion
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by cave_lion » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:13 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
I was going to take this on a subplot originally--but given that I almost have everyone's characters (and the remaining characters will be integrated quickly)--we are pretty much ready to go, so I am going to pull in the loose ends quick like and get to the main event

Big and Kev smile to each other and head off for adventure. Big continuing North, and Kev striding South. They stop after 10 feet or so, swiveling around to stare at one another.

Kev says: hmm. I think we should be following our new friend Harney... and starts walking back in the direction of Bigdredge. Big says: Actually, all of a sudden I am not so sure where to go?... Big looks around in a circle slowly, considering the options, and as he does so his eye is naturally attracted to the rising dawn sun as it crests over the tree line to the East. He noticed quickly then, that the sun appears much closer than it should, and with the thought comes that same odd voice in his head Now that introductions have been made I must take you to your true destination. Please warn your new comrade that I am coming and to not be afraid, I must make myself larger to touch both of you but this will not cause you pain. Big has just enough time to hoarsely whisper to Kev Looks like the cavalry has arrived Keveak, don't be alarmed, the approaching big ball of flames won't hurt you. Kev thinks to himself THINKING: now that didn't sound very convincing at all... as he turns in the direction of Big's gaze to see the now growing ball of flames about to engulf both of them. Too late to doing anything, though as the first wave of flames touch both of you. And true to his word they cause no harm.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Big's, need a Fortitude save check as your heart is currently attempting to explode out of your chest...

As the flames dance around you both, your vision is quickly obscured, but you can still tell that the countryside and yourselves are fading away to be replaced by a swirling dry mist of reds, oranges, and greys...
OUT OF CHARACTER
This Post is continued in Thread #1I

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:47 am

Fort Save vs Bursting Heart (1d20+2=6)
Big drops dead from the excitement.
Image Image

cave_lion
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by cave_lion » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:55 am

lol--nah you just pass out and slobber on Kev's shoulder on the way...

kabkal
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by kabkal » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:12 pm

cave_lion wrote:lol--nah you just pass out and slobber on Kev's shoulder on the way...
ICK! Why is this thing drooling on me. Harney, have him lean on you. Kev push Big toward Harney.

cave_lion
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by cave_lion » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:16 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
hilarious!

Return to “{PbP} TWLD: Group A”