A2A) Marakast: On the Move

Group A
Post Reply
cave_lion
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1
Posts: 673
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:33 pm
Location: St. Louis, MO

A2A) Marakast: On the Move

Post by cave_lion » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:58 pm

Post 1H wrote:Over the next several days you ranged along the land in a zig zag pattern doing the best you could to look for any unusual type of formation that would suggest an opening into a cavern, while always moving slowly and carefully, to avoid detection by the wandering monsters at every turn of the way. On the third day you peered over a cavern wall and looked down into a desolate valley of rocks and dead scrub below, to see what appeared to be a small dark opening in the side of the valley wall...
OUT OF CHARACTER
What would Marakast like to do? There are no obvious threats in the area, though you can do a PC (Perception Check) to study this further before you take any action...

 


User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: 2A) Marakast: On the Move

Post by klakxor » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:59 am

Marakast would make a Perception check to make sure that he has a clear path. If he does, he would most likely make his way to the opening as quickly as possible. Otherwise, if there are creatures there, he would first attempt to sneak up on them to see what they are doing and then try to stealthily make his way to the cave opening.
Perception Check (1d20+3=14)

cave_lion
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1
Posts: 673
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:33 pm
Location: St. Louis, MO

Re: 2A) Marakast: On the Move

Post by cave_lion » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:27 pm

You see nothing out of the ordinary in the valley below, so intent on getting to the opening quickly you step/slide down the wall you are standing on and quickly run to the dark opening. It appears to have been blown out from the inside; there is cleared rubble on both sides of the hole. Everything is quiet in the valley but there are conversation noises coming from inside of the opening, as well as a fairly strong draft.

As you get up closer you can tell that the interior is lighted, and that the noise does not seem to be too close, so you drop to the ground and inch up to peer inside. As you begin moving forward slowly you hear a voice above and behind you that sounds like a young woman Whatcha doin'? she says in a curious, non threatening way. This would have made you leak in your pants if you hadn't been so dehydrated trying to conserve your water these last few days.

You quickly roll away from the sound and the entrance to stand up again and see a floating ball of light dancing a bit away from you to the side of the entrance.
SpoilerShow
Archon_Lantern.jpg
I'm a Celestial. I'm called Dafenia. What's your name?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: 2A) Marakast: On the Move

Post by klakxor » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:02 pm

Startled, Marakast scuttles to a nearby rock and hides behind it, staring at the ball of light.

I am Marakast. I was trying to get away from the humorless talking heads of the cities. I followed a couple of them out here in hopes that they would find a place for me to hide away from them. Please be quiet. I think there may be some more in the tunnel.

cave_lion
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1
Posts: 673
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:33 pm
Location: St. Louis, MO

Re: 2A) Marakast: On the Move

Post by cave_lion » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:19 pm

The floating light replies again and this time you notice there isn't actually any sound--she is speaking inside your mind. Her voice completely changes this time--to a much more mature gentle one--that sort of reminds you of your mother's voice when she used to talk to you before bedtime...
Marakast, yes of course you are! Thank you for telling me your name. That means we can be friends now. You have found your destination Marakast. The world you were searching for is indeed in there. But I am afraid you must learn to put up with just a few talking heads. They aren't all bad you know? Otherwise you wouldn't last one day in there I'm afraid. Come with me and I will introduce you to your new friends.

She quickly flies in a circle around your head and then moves into the opening out of sight. To reappear in a few seconds and hover just inside the opening, apparently waiting for you.

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: 2A) Marakast: On the Move

Post by klakxor » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:26 pm

Marakast nods at the little ball of light, but again gets down on his hands and knees and crawls towards the opening again.

At least let me see them before they see me. Let me get an idea of what kind of talking heads I must deal with.

cave_lion
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1
Posts: 673
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:33 pm
Location: St. Louis, MO

Re: A2A) Marakast: On the Move

Post by cave_lion » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:27 pm

The light will hover for a second and then glide into the room speaking in your mind with the gentle woman's voice It's ok Marakast, you stay here and listen for a bit, someone will come get you in a few moments...


Marakast can hear and see what is going on in this post
OUT OF CHARACTER
to be continued shortly in Thread A2

 


Post Reply

Return to “{PbP} TWLD: Group A”