A2) Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more

Group A
cave_lion
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1
Posts: 673
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:33 pm
Location: St. Louis, MO

A2) Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more

Post by cave_lion » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:46 pm

SpoilerShow
You see a troop of flying monkeys diving in for the kill...

ehem. And now for something completely different...
The Spirit of Adoration (herald of Goddess Shelyn: the winged being who came with Montavious and Skara) Teleports you to the entrance of the Prison. You reappear in a large (about 150' x 200' with 75'ceiling), very old room made of mostly blocks of some kind of hard stone. You can feel the age here, and there are also some fracture lines here and there on the wall and especially on the floor. The floor can be considered rough terrain with a very large skeleton covering a large portion of it that has obviously been there for a very long time--it has almost become part of the floor and there are mounds of rock and dirt lifting it up in places.
SpoilerShow
A2 titan guard.jpg
The skeleton is a large Titan (as explained by the Spirit) who died here defending this gateway.

The Spirit has transformed during the Teleportation, and now appears to be an elven woman (without the wings.) She will facilitate the picking up of any last minute supplies you need. Now is your chance to confer with each other and decide what may be missing in your combined equipment, before you commit to stepping into the Dungeon...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6877
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: A2) Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more

Post by Duniagdra » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:16 pm

Does this mean we're all here?
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

cave_lion
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1
Posts: 673
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:33 pm
Location: St. Louis, MO

Re: A2) Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more

Post by cave_lion » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:26 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
You were all Teleported into the room (so the 6 of you who were together on the plain with Desna are all there together). Marakast is right outside--but no one in the party knows that yet. I didn't make a token for the Spirit--she is there (maybe just in spirit :) )

 


User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6877
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: A2) Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more

Post by Duniagdra » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:50 pm

Bigdredge will have a look at the titan skeleton and say a prayer of it. He's never seen a titan, let alone a dead one.
Valient warrior, may we succeed so your death is not in vein.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

kabkal
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 2182
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:13 pm
Location: USA

Re: A2) Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more

Post by kabkal » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:21 pm

Harney, look at those bones. This IS the adventure we have dreamed of.

Kevaek, looks about and suddenly notices there are more then the three he was walking down the road with.

Big, look about, there are more Drawing his sword and standing to his full 6' height Are you friends or foes, speak now. Big be ready for battle. Harney, be ready with spells and bow.
OUT OF CHARACTER
This is of course if we have never been introduced before this. If we have (and I missed it) then this only happens in K's mind and not in reality

 

Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image Coty: Gnome/Summoner
ImageBART 1173:Andriod/Pisterol

cave_lion
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1
Posts: 673
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:33 pm
Location: St. Louis, MO

Re: A2) Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more

Post by cave_lion » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:43 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
This is of course if we have never been introduced before this. If we have (and I missed it) then this only happens in K's mind and not in reality

 

OUT OF CHARACTER
Actually everyone in the A Group was introduced in this post.

I know I am moving very fast and covering a huge amount of ground with these last couple of posts--I just decided it would be more fun for everyone to get the group together quicker (I initially started some side stories mostly to keep interest going until 3.0 came out--but that happened quicker than I expected.) I didn't want some people standing on the sidelines waiting while others were playing already--so everything is going to slow down pretty quick after a few more posts (and the main Campaign components have been completely divulged).

 


User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5879
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: A2) Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more

Post by patransom » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:53 pm

Skara pokes cautiously through the Titan bones, looking for anything valuable. Perception (1d20+3=16) (or 17, if the bones happen to be trapped)

Assuming she finds nothing interesting, Skara climbs up on top of the skeleton's rib cage to get a better look at her new companions from a slightly higher viewpoint.

She is not volunteering any information at this point, hoping someone else will take charge of organizing this group of misfits.
Image

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6877
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: A2) Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more

Post by Duniagdra » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:57 pm

common: Well, I don't know about any of you, but I'm as ready as I think I'll ever be. Shall we?
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
LinusMundane
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 473
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:27 pm
Location: Berlin, NJ
Contact:

Re: A2) Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more

Post by LinusMundane » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:57 am

shaking his head of cobwebs from teleporting, I am ready to go whenever need be. I have a feeling we will get the chance to become quite acquainted with one another down here.
Image Glugglug; Orcish Paladin of Tyranny
Image Bone Crushnsmash; Fighter of the Bloodthirst School
Image Collin; Monk
Image Nani; Rogue
Image Dwanthor; Hill Dwarf Warlock

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6877
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: A2) Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more

Post by Duniagdra » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:56 am

Common: Yes. Well, forgive me. My name is Bigdredge Cutterman, Son of Sarenrae. She has sent me here to Bring absolution to those beyond, whether they seek it in spoken honesty, or in aggressive resistance. This here... Big proudly draws both his scimitars, Common: ...is Smite, and this is Bester. Putting them away, he thumps his chest, Common: This is Beacon. He pulls his wool and cotton tunic aside and you see beneath a depiction of Sarenrae on the chest of his chainshirt. From his neck is the sliver holy symbol of Sarenrae.

Common: My Lady of the Sun has blessed me with the ability to Mend anything. He lifts the bottom of his tunic, Proud Common: Before meeting my friend, Kevaek, and his friend, Harney, this had a tear that would have never ended. By Her blessing, there is no tear now. A single tear is seen on his cheek for what you might think is only his love of his faith, Softer Common: Anything.

Common: I'm not here to convert. I'm here as all of you are. We've been called upon by our faiths to fulfill the greatest of missions. He then holds his symbol out and announces to the opening we have yet to pass through, Common yells:This is Penance! Kneel before Her, and your evil shall be cleansed.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
LinusMundane
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 473
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:27 pm
Location: Berlin, NJ
Contact:

Re: A2) Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more

Post by LinusMundane » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:32 am

Nice to meet you BigdredgeMontavious says with a big bow and a tip of his cap

Continuing his bow to Big's companion'sand also you Kevaek and Harney.

To Big I admire your conviction to your God. I am deeply devoted Shelyn and her my achievements are her glory, I do all in her name.

It is a pleasure to meet you all and you can count on me to have your back down in this hole.
Image Glugglug; Orcish Paladin of Tyranny
Image Bone Crushnsmash; Fighter of the Bloodthirst School
Image Collin; Monk
Image Nani; Rogue
Image Dwanthor; Hill Dwarf Warlock

kabkal
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 2182
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:13 pm
Location: USA

Re: A2) Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more

Post by kabkal » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:13 pm

Looking to his left Kevaek says You ready Harney?

Looking to the group I am Kevaek, and I offer my blade. My shy friend here is Harney, and he offers his bow and spells. We are ready for adventure and wealth.

Looking back to his left, No Harney, they are not staring at you as if you are not here. I have told you, people cannot help but stare at you in amazement in your glowing armor and majestic bow.
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image Coty: Gnome/Summoner
ImageBART 1173:Andriod/Pisterol

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5879
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: A2) Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more

Post by patransom » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:35 pm

From her perch atop the titan bones, Skara rolls her eyes at the dramatic introductions, I'm Skara. I'm guessing there's all kinds of traps and locked doors down here. For dealing with those, I'm your devil-girl. I also know a thing or two about the kinds of creepy crawlies you find in places like this. Things your pretty goddesses and other invisible friends never told you about...
Image

cave_lion
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1
Posts: 673
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:33 pm
Location: St. Louis, MO

Re: A2) Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more

Post by cave_lion » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:11 pm

Introductions completed, the party gets to the business at hand.
A2 Titan's Entrance II.jpg
A1) The stone blocks have been removed here and are piled in the corner. The area is now the opening to a small cave that winds down into the earth. It is low and shallow, obviously dug by small crude hands. Many footprints mark the dirt, and debris litters every corner, In the back of the cave, a narrow tunnel, poorly lit, leads deeper.

A8 to A13) In this area the stone blocks are covered by a large 30' wide band of odd looking metal filaments that extend from floor to ceiling.

N18) This opening appears to be a hole blasted into the wall to the ouside. It is up about 20' from the floor and is about a 7' diameter opening with sunlight shining in from the outside. There is an old well-used rope snaking up through the hole to the outside.
OUT OF CHARACTER
forgive the appearance that this is a normal 10' walled opening--it is not--I will get better with MapTool as we go on...

 

Skara is quickly drawn to the skeleton of the titan and discovers several interesting things among the incredibly large bones. A large, glowing chain shirt is one of the sources of light in the room, though it is covered in rubble and mostly buried at this point, as is a partially buried halberd sticking up in the I5 area. There is a crude (normal sized) short bow and 1 arrow laying at D10 on a built up mound of rubble and dirt. The mound is smooth as if something has been dragged over it many times and this track leads over to E9 (the shoulder area) and turns into a dirt tunnel dropping underneath the pile of bones. The tunnel is about a 7' diameter opening.

As Skara is peering over the mound into the tunnel she suddenly jumps back from the opening, scrambling to get away, as a large head followed by a long serpentine body emerges from the hole. The snake is almost as large as the opening and as it rises out of the hole and turns to face Skara it opens it mouth and disgorges a slime covered body of a dead humonoid (about the size of a halfling) which nearly lands on her as she retreats away from the giant beast. The snake then quickly pulls out the rest of it's body from the hole and circles around Skara in the air above her before anyone can react.

Just as Skara is reaching for her sword with a curse on her lips, a winged angel dressed in battle armor appears in the air next to the snake.
SpoilerShow
ertigonbattle.jpg
The angel is floating, with her wings spread proudly behind her. She says something in an ancient tongue (you can read the Spoiler if you speak Celestial)
SpoilerShow
Celestial: Wenrigen, back to your home, there are no meals here today for you.
The snake draws back as she speaks and then with a hiss turns and flows back into his hole. The angel hovers for a moment, and then drawing her wings in, she slowly settles to the ground. When she reaches the ground she shakes herself abruptly and the armor and wings fall away as if they are broken shards of glass. She now appears to be an attractive human with deep red hair.
SpoilerShow
ertigon.jpg
She holds her hand up, palm flat, and crackling energy like small lightning bolts shoot out from her palm, which then meld into a small humanoid figure made of various plates and strands of metal.
SpoilerShow
metalconstruct.jpg
As she sets the toy figure down to the ground she says: I am Ertigon, Designer and Builder of this prison. I am also one of the few Celestials from my time left here on Golarion.
She then raises her hands and with a few words a young gnome appears next to her. A floating ball of light also appears in the air over the gnome. Speaking to the gnome Ertigon says: Marakast, I would like you to meet your new friends. New friends, this is Marakast; he is the final member of your party. There will be time for formal introductions later... Then from her fingertips the same crackling energy that became the toy erupts, flowing out to form a large orb which encircles her and the immediate area where the party is standing (It seems to disappear into the roof and floor but you can tell it is an orb by its shape. The orb is thick but clear as glass except for the bands of thin glistening metal that seems to flow through it. She says Do not be alarmed, this is only to protect us from intruding eyes…Now that you are all together and ready to begin I have some additional information for your ears only. I created this prison as a Null field, using an ancient high magic, and these bands of metal that encircled the prison in specific patterns. She points to the metal band that everyone assumed was some kind of door or entryway. When the Dungeon foundations shifted these bands shifted as well, weakening the Null field in certain places. This is one of the first spots where this happened, see up on the band that tear in the surface? That is where Legion’s Hand escaped. Legion’s Hand was and is one of the most dangerous prisoners captured. He is the one who killed mighty Breysus, our Titan guard who kept the dungeon clear of invading creatures. With his death, the Dungeon became a new realm to explore for many. The poor creatures did not realize that though getting into the Prison is easy, leaving is another matter entirely. Once they pass the Null field there is no turning back unless they can find the weakened spots, which are invisible on the inside.
She continues: For these many eons I’ve been working on my design, attempting to make it immune to the ravages of time. The solution was a total paradigm shift resulting in this (she folds her hand down to the small creature that looks like a toy.) Ken-den is my newly re-designed prison: his armor creates a null field that holds within it an isolated plane of existence. Those who are captured inside of him will have complete freedom, within the plane, but they will be trapped there. I am leaving the Dungeon in your care with Ken-den. He will allow you to capture all of the damaged beings who are here (she says this word damaged in a strange way). In the meantime I will repair, as best I can, the defects in the Dungeon and seal it once again to contain those who are here. But Rovagug will undoubtedly break the Null fields again. After you have captured all of the damaged ones, you can open up the Dungeon on both ends and let those who remain do as they wish. Give little Ken-den to Barcellus the titan, at the other end of the Dungeon, he will know what to do from there. If I am able I will also visit with you then. Although I have discovered what I’d been searching for, it is too late; because of Rovagug’s destructive tampering many of the worst demons have already escaped. I will organize another group on Golarion to battle and contain those who have escaped to the surface. If we are successful, Golarion will be saved from a great evil.
Ertigon then raises her palm again and the little floating ball of light flits over to hover above it. This is Dafenia. She will be your companion on this quest. Dafenia, go to Montavious--he is now your liege. I also have a few items to help you... As she says this two sacks appear at the feet of Big and Skara. She then turns to Bigdredge and appears to cast a spell at him, then saying, I must go soon, do any of you have any questions?
OUT OF CHARACTER
Big: the sack contains a small leather bound wooden box that is a special magical healing kit. It provides a +3 bonus (rather than +2) to all skills affected by the kit, and it's supplies are never ending--anything you use will be replaced as soon as you close the lid.
Big: the spell was an augmentation to your holy symbol. As long as you are true to Sarenrae, it will provide you with two additional spells per day. The first is Create Food and Water. The second is Heroes' Feast. Both are cast at your current level as far as any per-level limitations.
Skara: your sack is actually a sack. It is currently just a sack--but once inside the dungeon it will become a bag of holding Type IV. It is made of cloth and metal fibers that resemble the fibers on Ken-den and will only function inside the dungeon.

 

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: A2) Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more

Post by klakxor » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:21 pm

Marakast will hop behind the closest object that allows him to hide somewhat. Now that was no fun. They really didn't do anything. I was hoping to get one of them at least before you popped me in here.

User avatar
LinusMundane
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 473
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:27 pm
Location: Berlin, NJ
Contact:

Re: A2) Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more

Post by LinusMundane » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:13 pm

as Dafenia approaches, Montavious will again bow and greet her with enthusiasm. Celestial: Hello Dafenia, it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance.
Last edited by LinusMundane on Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Glugglug; Orcish Paladin of Tyranny
Image Bone Crushnsmash; Fighter of the Bloodthirst School
Image Collin; Monk
Image Nani; Rogue
Image Dwanthor; Hill Dwarf Warlock

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6877
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: A2) Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more

Post by Duniagdra » Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:27 am

Celestial: I am grateful to the gift you have just bestowed upon me, and us in turn. I owe much to Sarenrae and shall die devoted to her teachings.
Turning to Marakast and Dafenia, Common: It is a pleasure meeting you. We all have much to learn about each other, and as it seems, the time to do so.
To Marakast, No need to stay hidden from us. It's by the gods will that we are brought together. We must trust that they have given us those we could trust with our very lives.

Big takes the sack and stows it away. How exactly do we begin this quest? Big looks to the angle slightly embarrassed. Do you teleport us in, or is there something we walk through? That tear maybe?
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

kabkal
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 2182
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:13 pm
Location: USA

Re: A2) Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more

Post by kabkal » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:17 am

Kev will walk over to the glowing chain shirt, and then pointing at it (not touching it) Does anyone want this? Can anyone tell why it is glowing?

Kev then continues to examine (again, without touching) the shirt to look at quality and workmanship.
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image Coty: Gnome/Summoner
ImageBART 1173:Andriod/Pisterol

mr_man
Squire
Squire
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:38 pm
Location: USA

Re: A2) Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more

Post by mr_man » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:43 pm

Dakar closes his mouth with an audible snap -it has been hanging open since his first teleportation experience, first viewing of a titan's bones, first view of a 7' diameter snake to be outdone only by seeing his first warrior-like talking angel......now it seems appropriate, because he is breathing again...... to say Hello everyone....I am Dakar, friend of SheenDakar looks over on his right shoulder to the Pixie sitting there quietly. We have come seeking adventure...his goddess Desna sent us here but I'm not sure why.
Image Dakar, Male Half Orc Barbarian

jennaver
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:01 pm
Location: USA

Re: A2) Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more

Post by jennaver » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:54 pm

Sheen amiably nods his head to the party following his introduction by Dakar whereupon he flies over to Keveak and Skara's position to take a closer look at the chain mail. The gods have given me some knowledge of magic, perhaps I can be of assistance....
Image Sable, Female Half elven Bard
Image Sheen, Male Pixie Sorcerer

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6877
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: A2) Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more

Post by Duniagdra » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:07 pm

Celestial: How do we know the damaged ones? Bigdredge then approaches the little figure and picks it up. Common: I mean, my understanding is that there will be other creatures that have stumbled upon this place and thus trapped within it. How do we know the difference between those who are damaged and the rest?
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5879
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: A2) Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more

Post by patransom » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:34 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Am I correct in assuming that the glowing chain shirt and halberd are titan-sized?

Also, not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but a bag of holding type IV weighs 60 lbs when empty, which is more than Skara's interested in carrying... medium encumbrance is a major handicap for a rogue.

 

Skara, regaining her composure after being startled by the snake, comments to herself, Just what I get for mentioning creepy crawlies! She picks up the bow and arrow and looks them over. If they appear to be of better than usual craftsmanship, she'll hang on to them. Next, she examines the slime-covered corpse that the snake regurgitated, attempting to determine if the slime might be poisonous before searching the body for valuables.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Perception; Knowledge (Dungeoneering) (1d20+3=12, 1d20+6=25)

 

Image

cave_lion
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1
Posts: 673
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:33 pm
Location: St. Louis, MO

Re: A2) Wrapping up loose ends

Post by cave_lion » Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:25 pm

Ertigon comments on the titan's things:
The chain shirt and halberd are indeed magical (and indeed titan sized) but they are tied to Breysus the dead titan and are unusable by anyone else. Not to mention Wenrigen (the snake) would not take too kindly to anyone disrupting his former friend's bones (which are currently serving as part of his home as well)...

Ertigon says in parting All of your questions can be answered by Dafenia or Ken-den. I wish you many successful battles and may we see each other again. Come Spirit, there is much to prepare. Ertigon draws all of the shards laying around the floor, to herself with a gesture, where they reassemble into her armor and wings. She then fades away with a clanging salute of arm to armor.

The Spirit of Adoration then says I must go as well. Know that Pharasma has marked all of you--if this quest can be completed, it will be done by you. Montavious, our goddess awaits your return to her with open arms. She then also fades away with a smile.

The room becomes quiet again as everyone stands in a moment of contemplation. And then the little metal "toy" (It is about 1' high and weighs about 20#) starts clacking and rising up into the air. It says in a quiet metallic voice: Ken-den is good to be here. Ken-den learn how you talk fast. It then fly's quickly to each member of the party and appears to scan each of you looking up and down the length of your bodies. It fly's in a circle around Sheen saying You fly too? We fly sometime. It comes last to Marakast who is hiding behind a large piece of ribcage. Looking Marakast up and down as it did the others it then says I like you. We work together good. Me help good. Make you laugh. OK? It then attempts to land on Marakast's shoulder and pull his head down so his ear is close to his mouth.
OUT OF CHARACTER
does Marakast allow this to happen?

 

patransom wrote:Also, not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but a bag of holding type IV weighs 60 lbs when empty, which is more than Skara's interested in carrying... medium encumbrance is a major handicap for a rogue.
Right you are pat--sorry about that--I added that in a hurry and didn't check the stats well enough. Been a long time since I've played for any length of time--please be patient as I relearn all the little things. I was actually looking for a backpack that I remembered--but couldn't find it in the Pathfinder CRB. So here is a custom item to replace the sack:
OUT OF CHARACTER
20# backpack with 1 large storage area and 4 smaller storage areas (1,000 lb. total limit: 700/100/100/50/50 per space | 150 cu. ft. size limit: 90/20/20/10/10) Remember it is a normal backpack outside of the dungeon--and anything put into it while inside and then carried out again will be inaccessible. Normal rules apply as far as tears/punctures...

 

patransom wrote:She picks up the bow and arrow and looks them over. If they appear to be of better than usual craftsmanship, she'll hang on to them. Next, she examines the slime-covered corpse that the snake regurgitated, attempting to determine if the slime might be poisonous before searching the body for valuables.
All items are average quality (they are somewhat primitive looking but still fully functional):
OUT OF CHARACTER
The dead goblin's gooey (non poisonous) equipment: leather armor/short sword/backpack/quiver w/7 usable arrows
The dead goblin's non gooey equipment: 1 short bow, 1 arrow, 1 knife, 1 gp, 22 sp + some worthless trinkets

 

Dafenia: Assuming Montavious will speak his name to her (see post A2B), she will then fly to everyone else (except Marakast who has already met her) as they are preparing to leave, asking for each to speak their name to her and she in turn will greet everyone. She will also explain that she speaks using telepathy--there is no sound on her part and she can read your thoughts as well; so no need to speak out loud to her except for the initial spoken name she requires to ensure that you are trustworthy. Her voice changes from that of a young girl to an old woman depending on her mood and intent.

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5879
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: A2) Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more

Post by patransom » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:30 pm

Skara replaces her ordinary backpack with the soon-to-be magical new one, transferring all her gear. She briefly considers keeping the shortbow and arrows, then decides against it. She removes the silver coins from the goblin's body and slips them into her new backpack. Finally, she spends some time examining the dead goblin's footwear, ultimately realizing with a sigh that the shoes are much too small to be of any use to her.

When Dafenia flies over, Skara tells the floating light her name.
Image

cave_lion
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1
Posts: 673
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:33 pm
Location: St. Louis, MO

Re: A2) Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more

Post by cave_lion » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:02 pm

patransom wrote:Skara replaces her ordinary backpack with the soon-to-be magical new one, transferring all her gear. She briefly considers keeping the shortbow and arrows, then decides against it. She removes the silver coins from the goblin's body and slips them into her new backpack. Finally, she spends some time examining the dead goblin's footwear, ultimately realizing with a sigh that the shoes are much too small to be of any use to her.

When Dafenia flies over, Skara tells the floating light her name.
Dafenia will speak to you in Infernal, in a very old woman's voice. You do NOT detect sarcasm or skepticism, like she is doing this because she has a problem with your devil blood. It merely seems to be a recognition of your state. She thanks you for sharing names with her and comments that you should keep your old backpack with the things in it until you cross the Null void, because when the backpack regains it's hidden plane the "normal" space will not be available anymore (so you will lose all the items you have stored in it when you cross over.)
OUT OF CHARACTER
did you also take the gold piece?

 


User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6877
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: A2) Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more

Post by Duniagdra » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:42 pm

Bigdredge checks up on his equipment once more and once Dafenia reaches him He will give her his name, and also introduce her to his armor - Beacon, his two scimitars of Sarenrae - Smite and Bester, His now enhanced holy symbol - Precious, and his bone hewed Composite bow - True. As he begins to also introduce her to the rest of his gear, getting to his undergarments Dafenia promptly thanks him and departs. Bigdredge appears a bit confused, but soon gathers his stuff and makes ready for a one way trip.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: A2) Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more

Post by klakxor » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:04 pm

Marakast watches the litte metal toy fly around talking to everyone THINKING: What an amazing little pest to bother the big heads

When it comes to him and speaks, he smiles a huge mischeivious grin and allows it to land on his shoulder.

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5879
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: A2) Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more

Post by patransom » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:12 pm

Skara thanks Dafenia for the advice about the magic backpack and promptly reorganizes everything so nothing is lost in the transition. In the process of doing so, she notices the gold piece she had previously missed in the slime and snatches it up.
Image

kabkal
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 2182
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:13 pm
Location: USA

Re: A2) Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more

Post by kabkal » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:33 pm

When Ken-Den comes up to us Hello I an Kev, and this is my good friend Harney. We are both pleased to meet you.
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image Coty: Gnome/Summoner
ImageBART 1173:Andriod/Pisterol

User avatar
LinusMundane
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 473
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:27 pm
Location: Berlin, NJ
Contact:

Re: A2) Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more

Post by LinusMundane » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:14 am

After speaking with Dafenia, Montavious will motion toward the easiest way into the complex.

When we are ready, we should go this way
Image Glugglug; Orcish Paladin of Tyranny
Image Bone Crushnsmash; Fighter of the Bloodthirst School
Image Collin; Monk
Image Nani; Rogue
Image Dwanthor; Hill Dwarf Warlock

Post Reply

Return to “{PbP} TWLD: Group A”