A2) Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more

Group A
cave_lion
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1
Posts: 673
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:33 pm
Location: St. Louis, MO

Re: A2) Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more

Post by cave_lion » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:09 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Anyone have a preference for marching order? And any standard modes of operation I need to know about (things like weapon drawn when exploring/daily prayer time/etc.)
pat--are you planning on having Skara scout ahead or prefer to keep her with the pack?

 


User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5849
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: A2) Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more

Post by patransom » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:21 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
With her magically-enhanced stealth and special long-range Devil-Vision (TM), Skara will certainly be scouting ahead, far enough to be out of range of any silly lights the other party members need. Pointy stick in hand.

 

Image

jennaver
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:01 pm
Location: USA

Re: A2) Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more

Post by jennaver » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:33 pm

So he can concentrate on sounds and surroundings, Sheen will find a safe place on Dakar's shoulder when he is walking without his weapon and the tunnels are large enough to accommodate...... if the tunnels grow to small or if Dakar is on high alert with weapon in hand for whatever reason....Sheen will occupy the space to the left of or behind Dakar's head assuming him to be a righty that is.....
Image Sable, Female Half elven Bard
Image Sheen, Male Pixie Sorcerer

cave_lion
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1
Posts: 673
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:33 pm
Location: St. Louis, MO

Re: A2) Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more

Post by cave_lion » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:52 pm

patransom wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
With her magically-enhanced stealth and special long-range Devil-Vision (TM), Skara will certainly be scouting ahead, far enough to be out of range of any silly lights the other party members need. Pointy stick in hand.

 

OUT OF CHARACTER
Getting out of range of lights is going to be a pretty tough thing to do unless you plan on being so far ahead that no one can see you (or hear you probably.) Is that what you intend? At least in this first part there are no lights anywhere, so any light source (even a candle) is going to be visible for a pretty long distance in open areas. There are many doors/passages/rooms--but even a standard closed door will still show a torch on the other side like a beacon... I'm not trying to discourage you-just want to make sure you are aware that this strategy will leave you on your own in many cases for quite awhile. Then again Skara is used to working alone so that probably wouldn't be too intimidating for her--at least until the first time she runs across a beholder alone :P

 


User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: A2) Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more

Post by klakxor » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:09 pm

Marakast will watch everyone move ahead. I will stay in the back my new friends. I wouldn't want to be in anyones way.

User avatar
LinusMundane
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 473
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:27 pm
Location: Berlin, NJ
Contact:

Re: A2) Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more

Post by LinusMundane » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:12 pm

I will walk in the middle so that songs and such will affect as much as possible and with my weapon at the ready.
Image Glugglug; Orcish Paladin of Tyranny
Image Bone Crushnsmash; Fighter of the Bloodthirst School
Image Collin; Monk
Image Nani; Rogue
Image Dwanthor; Hill Dwarf Warlock

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5849
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: A2) Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more

Post by patransom » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:18 pm

By out of the range of light, I meant beyond the range where it sheds normal or dim light (40 feet from a standard torch or light spell), so hiding would be easier. Skara doesn't care if the party can see or hear her. She plans to wait for them to catch up at decision points (intersections and doors) so she isn't going off in the wrong direction, but otherwise go ahead stealthily, coming back if there's anything interesting to report.
Image

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6862
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: A2) Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more

Post by Duniagdra » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:27 pm

With his darkvision, Bigdredge would have no issue being second, He would also let Skara know that Light or No light, he'll be able to see her for up to 60', letting her know that she would have that much scouting range to play with.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

kabkal
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 2163
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:13 pm
Location: USA

Re: A2) Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more

Post by kabkal » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:54 am

Being totally blind in the dark Kev (and Harney) will hang out with someone carrying a light. Kev will always have his sword drawn (unless in a totally friendly situation, doubtful in here :-)). Kev would like to be close to the front to get into action quickly, unless a ranged weapon is called for. In that case he will put his sword away and draw his bow.
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image Coty: Gnome/Summoner
ImageBART 1173:Andriod/Pisterol

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6862
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: A2) Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more

Post by Duniagdra » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:34 am

Duniagdra wrote:With his darkvision, Bigdredge would have no issue being second, He would also let Skara know that Light or No light, he'll be able to see her for up to 60', letting her know that she would have that much scouting range to play with.
Yes, forgot to mention that he'll have Smite in hand.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

cave_lion
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1
Posts: 673
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:33 pm
Location: St. Louis, MO

Re: A2) Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more

Post by cave_lion » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:23 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
forgot to mention, but when Ertigon left--the protective orb shield dissipated...

Here's what I am coming up with for marching orders--let me know if any changes need to be made
Single file marching order: Skara as scout, Big, Dakar, Sheen, Montavious, Dafenia, Ken-den, Marakast, Keveak (and Harney) as rearguard
Standard marching order: Skara as scout; Big, Dakar and Sheen (row 1); Montavious, Dafenia, Ken-den and Marakast (row 2); Keveak (and Harney) as rearguard

 

Everyone has prepared as best they can and are now staring into the small cave entrance in the NW corner. Skara offers to take a quick study of the tunnel inside the cave and before anyone can object she disappears in the darkness of the opening. The cave is low and shallow, obviously dug by small crude hands. Many footprints mark the dirt, and debris litters every corner, In the back of the cave, a narrow tunnel, poorly lit (by ambient light from the titan's room), leads deeper. Skara keeps moving...

The tunnel winds into the mountain, its ceiling some 6 ft. high and 5 ft. wide at the widest. Skara quickly stops after moving about 10 feet into the tunnel. The light has all but disappeared at this point, but darkvision is working fine. The tunnel is just that--a rocky dirt passageway, nothing to be concerned with, it seems stable enough. But from the darkness beyond Skara can hear many loud shouts and screams. High pitched and fevered--she has heard enough goblin screams to know this is a pack of the nutty little monsters. Whatever they are doing, sounds like they are far too involved with it to notice her. Skara continues on, now more carefully, and after about 100 ft.the tunnel opens into a larger unlit room, cut from stone and built, rather than dug. Peering around the corner, Skara sees a circle of goblins hopping and screaming as two more of the ugly little bastards attempt to kill each other inside the circle. Best estimate 15 to 18--damn things can't stay still for more than a second or two. There are two in the NE corner that appear to be sleeping next to a mangy wolf that has a paw over both eyes. For a second, you almost feel sorry for the poor beast...
OUT OF CHARACTER
Need a Stealth check for Skara. Unless you roll a 1 you are free to do as you wish...

 

edit: added Harney to the marching order (in case Kev needs backup)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5849
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: A2) Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more

Post by patransom » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:39 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Stealth (1d20+20=26)

 

Seeing as how there are far too many of the creatures to fight by herself, and there's no obvious loot lying around, Skara will creep back to the rest of the party and tell them what she observed.
Image

cave_lion
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1
Posts: 673
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:33 pm
Location: St. Louis, MO

Re: A2) Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more

Post by cave_lion » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:57 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
forgot the pretty pictures :D

 

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6862
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: A2) Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more

Post by Duniagdra » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:42 pm

With having this report from Skara, Big turns to the others. a calm manner: Well, seems we've met our first test.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
LinusMundane
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 473
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:27 pm
Location: Berlin, NJ
Contact:

Re: A2) Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more

Post by LinusMundane » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:52 pm

Seems we have indeed, I can understand the little guys if we would like to know what is going on and possibly gather some information about what lies ahead.

If agreed upon, Monty will sneak up ahead and listen for a while. I will give you rolls once we decide what is going to happen.
Last edited by LinusMundane on Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Glugglug; Orcish Paladin of Tyranny
Image Bone Crushnsmash; Fighter of the Bloodthirst School
Image Collin; Monk
Image Nani; Rogue
Image Dwanthor; Hill Dwarf Warlock

kabkal
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 2163
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:13 pm
Location: USA

Re: A2) Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more

Post by kabkal » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:17 pm

Kev and Harney are ready to go into battle when ever he is given the word.
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image Coty: Gnome/Summoner
ImageBART 1173:Andriod/Pisterol

User avatar
LinusMundane
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 473
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:27 pm
Location: Berlin, NJ
Contact:

Re: A2) Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more

Post by LinusMundane » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:06 pm

I think it prudent not to just jump into battle, we should gather whatever morsel of information we can about what lies ahead and the goblins may have that information. I am going to scout ahead and listen for a bit. I will be back to report on my findings.

OUT OF CHARACTER
Lack of response drove me to just act

 

Stealth Check, Perception Check: (1d20+5=12, 1d20+7=26)

I will get to within Listening distance and no further, I speak Goblin so I am listening to hear what is going on and whatever else they may be speaking about, if anything.
Image Glugglug; Orcish Paladin of Tyranny
Image Bone Crushnsmash; Fighter of the Bloodthirst School
Image Collin; Monk
Image Nani; Rogue
Image Dwanthor; Hill Dwarf Warlock

cave_lion
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1
Posts: 673
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:33 pm
Location: St. Louis, MO

Re: A2) Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more

Post by cave_lion » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:25 pm

Montavious listens to Skara's description and while the others are talking amongst themselves, decides to take a look for himself. He moves forward into the tunnel a short way and suddenly his vision blurs and changes into darkvision. THINKING: it's gonna take some time to get used to that.... Moving in about 50 feet from the entrance, the goblins can clearly be heard now (the tunnel is pressurized and pushing air in the direction of the dead titan's room). Montavious stops and listens, trying to figure out what is going on with them. Just as Skara said the sounds indicate that there is a fight going on; most of the goblins are screaming encouragement to two others who are apparently battling to the death. Occasionally there is a random scream thrown in that makes no sense at all. The most recent of these, in a shrill voice was I want pizza!! Aaanchoooviessss!!

User avatar
LinusMundane
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 473
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:27 pm
Location: Berlin, NJ
Contact:

Re: A2) Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more

Post by LinusMundane » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:34 pm

Frustrated with their innane discussions, Monty will head back to the group and report his findings.

Stupid creatures offered no useful information. We can try to reason with them and move past, but I suspect that will not work with creatures of such low intellect. We should be able to get the drop on them as the air is moving away from them, barring any loud noises from our party, a surprise attack would be easily accomplished.
Image Glugglug; Orcish Paladin of Tyranny
Image Bone Crushnsmash; Fighter of the Bloodthirst School
Image Collin; Monk
Image Nani; Rogue
Image Dwanthor; Hill Dwarf Warlock

mr_man
Squire
Squire
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:38 pm
Location: USA

Re: A2) Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more

Post by mr_man » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:44 pm

Dakar is ready for any decision made by the team as he says i stand at ready for attack and draws out his two bladed sword with an excited grin on his face
Image Dakar, Male Half Orc Barbarian

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: A2) Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more

Post by klakxor » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:20 pm

Sounds like it is time for some fun. Marakast rubs his hands together in anticipation of what he will get to see when they get into the room

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5849
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: A2) Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more

Post by patransom » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:16 pm

Skara tests the point of her rapier, We could wait until they kill each other off, but where would be the fun in that? This devil-girl's ready for some stabbing.
Image

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6862
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: A2) Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more

Post by Duniagdra » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:30 pm

For what I've heard of goblins, they are quite insane, and talk of peaceable truces, if possible at all, are short lived. They'll be just as inclined to take us from the rear, most likely when we're caught up is some other fight. I would be honor bound to let Smite give them absolution.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
LinusMundane
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 473
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:27 pm
Location: Berlin, NJ
Contact:

Re: A2) Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more

Post by LinusMundane » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:41 pm

Then let us get to it, though I would hate to stain my clothes with their wretched blood, I guess there is no choice. We shall put them down swiftly.
Image Glugglug; Orcish Paladin of Tyranny
Image Bone Crushnsmash; Fighter of the Bloodthirst School
Image Collin; Monk
Image Nani; Rogue
Image Dwanthor; Hill Dwarf Warlock

kabkal
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 2163
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:13 pm
Location: USA

Re: A2) Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more

Post by kabkal » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:41 pm

As soon as the rest move up, Kev will move with weapon in the ready for attack.
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image Coty: Gnome/Summoner
ImageBART 1173:Andriod/Pisterol

cave_lion
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1
Posts: 673
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:33 pm
Location: St. Louis, MO

Re: A2) Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more

Post by cave_lion » Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:59 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
I'm getting the impression everyone wants to just do a bum rush into the middle of things? Is that a correct interpretation? Right now there is one light source--Dafenia--who is in the middle of the group (roughly). Is everyone happy with that amount of light? (20' bright/40' low) She also has a trick where she can go down to a candle brightness if you are looking for surprise--or she can teleport in on the other side and draw their attention so you can all move in behind them with some luck...

 


User avatar
LinusMundane
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 473
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:27 pm
Location: Berlin, NJ
Contact:

Re: A2) Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more

Post by LinusMundane » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:38 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
I don't think bum rushing in is what we should do, I was waiting to see if anyone was going to take a leadership roll in the party, since noone did, Monty will step up. That said, here goes.

 

It seems like there are a lot of the goblins in there, maybe a plan of some sort is in order. Sheen, can you cast sleep into the room and take out some of them. Once that is done it will make our job a lot easier. We should stay coordinated though and learn to work as a team. Flank whenever possible and if you see someone in trouble, get to them and help as quickly as you can. I will be singing a hero's tune so you will all feel the effects granted by my bardic talents.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Once i begin singing you will all gain +1 to atk/damage as well as +1 to saves vs. fear and charm spells. Correct me if I am wrong but I believe you just have to be able to hear me.

 

Image Glugglug; Orcish Paladin of Tyranny
Image Bone Crushnsmash; Fighter of the Bloodthirst School
Image Collin; Monk
Image Nani; Rogue
Image Dwanthor; Hill Dwarf Warlock

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5849
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: A2) Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more

Post by patransom » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:05 pm

If we're going to be all strategic, what do you think about fighting them in tighter quarters? Might be to our advantage since they outnumber us. I could probably get some of them to chase me down the tunnel and lead them right to you guys with the big, fancy weapons... offers Skara. If we want to fight them in the big room, then a distraction from our shiny light friend is a good idea.
Image

User avatar
LinusMundane
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 473
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:27 pm
Location: Berlin, NJ
Contact:

Re: A2) Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more

Post by LinusMundane » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:15 pm

I agree though I think a sleep spell would help a ton. I am also going to cast it when we are ready if we can throw 2 at them, we should be able to take out a lot of them. I do not think we are coordinated enough as a team to fight them in tight quarters, lets take them in the big room and learn our strengths and weaknesses.

OUT OF CHARACTER
Waiting to hear from Sheen and once we start i will cast sleep at BA 22

 

Image Glugglug; Orcish Paladin of Tyranny
Image Bone Crushnsmash; Fighter of the Bloodthirst School
Image Collin; Monk
Image Nani; Rogue
Image Dwanthor; Hill Dwarf Warlock

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6862
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: A2) Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more

Post by Duniagdra » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:23 pm

a calm tone: A sleep spell? Maybe two? If we have those at our disposal, then yes, let's go that route. put as many of them to sleep as we can right off. The we'll have fewer. I say we do this in a large, more open room. Learning what we each are best at would be a good thing.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

Post Reply

Return to “{PbP} TWLD: Group A”