A2) Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more

Group A
cave_lion
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1
Posts: 673
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:33 pm
Location: St. Louis, MO

Re: A2) Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more

Post by cave_lion » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:41 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Gotta apologize to kabkal for stealing your kill of the wolf--I confused the two campaigns and played Ken-den out of order--he was no where near his initiative to attack the wolf in this group--but Kev had already set up the kill successfully-so that is what would have happened...
Summary: 1 goblin escaped into the Dungeon. 1 goblin is Fatigued and wounded on the ground. Dakar took 3 points of damage.

 

After Big and Sheen send the goblin sleepers off to goblin heaven everyone regroups and discusses their options. A search of the dead produces some primitive gear--mostly leather armor pieces and short swords for weapons. 75cp 42sp 18gp. If anyone is looking for something specific let me know and I will roll for it...
OUT OF CHARACTER
Treasure: some primitive gear--mostly leather armor pieces and short swords for weapons. 75cp 42sp 18gp. If anyone is looking for something specific let me know and I will roll for it... Will assume things like this are left behind unless specifically grabbed by someone. The coin I will assume is going to be automatically claimed and carried by Skara in the backpack once inside the dungeon (devil girl may share if you are nice to her)...

 

In response to Skara's persuasive introduction, the goblin whimpers a bit more and grunts a few words in goblin (the only language it speaks.)

The room you are in has a worked stone floor and the walls are also completely hewn in stone. There are two standard doors [see wiki for description]. One in the NW corner on the N face and one in the SE corner on the E face.

An inspection of the doors reveals that they are absolutely featureless, devoid of markings, symbols, or even any sign of use. If you push on either of the doors they will gently glide inward, remaining open for a bit and then gliding back closed. As you push the door, the edge disappears into a blackness that lies just beyond. As the door opens completely more and more of it is swallowed up in the barrier until only its hinges are visible. Peering cautiously into the darkness for signs of movement, you see nothing. Even your ears can only detect the breathing of your fellow adventurers. The dark space reveals nothing of what lies beyond.

The larger tunnel to the West goes about 150 feet and closes down into a collapsed area where a smaller tunnel is dug out to daylight. It would be difficult for a medium size humanoid to exit this way (though it could be done in a pinch.)

It is around Noon, Moonday, 1st of Rova, 4708.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6880
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: A2) Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more

Post by Duniagdra » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:57 pm

I guess that's our way in? Anyone care to look at what's behind that other door maybe?
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

cave_lion
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1
Posts: 673
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:33 pm
Location: St. Louis, MO

Re: A2) Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more

Post by cave_lion » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:35 pm

Duniagdra wrote:I guess that's our way in? Anyone care to look at what's behind that other door maybe?
Both of the doors in this room are the same as far as what they open to (a strange thick blackness.)

kabkal
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 2190
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:13 pm
Location: USA

Re: A2) Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more

Post by kabkal » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:41 pm

Kev will listen to see if he can hear anything in the darkness (percp 7).

Kev percp. (1d20 1=7)
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image Coty: Gnome/Summoner
ImageBART 1173:Andriod/Pisterol

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6880
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: A2) Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more

Post by Duniagdra » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:39 am

a calm tone, Big says: I think it be best maybe if we go through the door that that goblin hasn't run through. If something is on the other side, that goblin will have surely alerted it to something.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

cave_lion
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1
Posts: 673
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:33 pm
Location: St. Louis, MO

Re: A2) Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more

Post by cave_lion » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:46 am

kabkal wrote:Kev will listen to see if he can hear anything in the darkness (percp 7).

Kev percp. (1d20 1=7)
You trip while leaning in to listen and scrape your ear on the stone. After everyone stops giggling at you--no sounds seem to be coming from beyond the barrier.
OUT OF CHARACTER
I am assuming that is a roll of 1? Not sure what that is...

 


jennaver
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:01 pm
Location: USA

Re: A2) Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more

Post by jennaver » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:01 am

Sheen turns to Ken-Den and Dafenia and asks for their opinion Inky blackness or dirty tunnel? I agree with Big - no reason to follow the goblin into the arms of his better prepared friends on the other side of that door Sheens instincts are pulling him toward the inky blackness to get this show up and over with.....he hopes that these strange creatures may offer an opinion that will allow him to ignore the opportunity to live out his frightening dreams.
Image Sable, Female Half elven Bard
Image Sheen, Male Pixie Sorcerer

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6880
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: A2) Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more

Post by Duniagdra » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:03 am

cave_lion wrote:
kabkal wrote:Kev will listen to see if he can hear anything in the darkness (percp 7).

Kev percp. (1d20 1=7)
You trip while leaning in to listen and scrape your ear on the stone. After everyone stops giggling at you--no sounds seem to be coming from beyond the barrier.
OUT OF CHARACTER
I am assuming that is a roll of 1? Not sure what that is...

 

OUT OF CHARACTER
Looks to me like a d20+1=7, just that the "+" did not follow through.And considering the result is a 7, the roll could not be a 1, else it would show =2.

 

Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

cave_lion
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1
Posts: 673
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:33 pm
Location: St. Louis, MO

Re: A2) Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more

Post by cave_lion » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:10 am

Dafenia will respond to your question as Ken-den does slow cartwheels around you in the air accompanied with the sounds of a strange tinny motorboat... In an old woman's voice Both doors lead to the same room honey, haven't been there in quite awhile but last time I looked there were no occupants there. Don't worry about the blackness, that is just the null field. Not sure what Ken-den will do going through there though--may want to let him go last and give some room for something bad to happen...

cave_lion
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1
Posts: 673
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:33 pm
Location: St. Louis, MO

Re: A2) Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more

Post by cave_lion » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:24 am

Duniagdra wrote:
cave_lion wrote:
kabkal wrote:Kev will listen to see if he can hear anything in the darkness (percp 7).

Kev percp. (1d20 1=7)
You trip while leaning in to listen and scrape your ear on the stone. After everyone stops giggling at you--no sounds seem to be coming from beyond the barrier.
OUT OF CHARACTER
I am assuming that is a roll of 1? Not sure what that is...

 

OUT OF CHARACTER
Looks to me like a d20+1=7, just that the "+" did not follow through.And considering the result is a 7, the roll could not be a 1, else it would show =2.

 

Right--but there is the (percp 7) up above which would seem to indicate 1d20+7. Or a minimum of 8 on the roll :) Unless that is meant to reflect what the roll ended up being? Anyway--Kev gets a scratched ear for confusing the hell out of me (I confuse myself enough without help from you guys :D )

edit--looks like IC had it as 1d20+1--so guess the percp 7 is supposed to be the roll total...

User avatar
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1
Posts: 5887
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: A2) Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more

Post by patransom » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:38 pm

Seeing as the goblin is unable to provide any useful information, Skara will stab it to death.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Let me know if you want me to roll attack/damage for that.

 

Once the critter is dead, while everyone else is deciding what to do, Skara will go through its pockets for loot (although said loot may already have been accounted for in the above). She will then carefully examine its shoes, sighing when she realizes they are far too small for her.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Total side comment: under standard 3.5 rules, a roll of 1 is not an automatic failure on skill checks. The automatic 1 and 20 rules only apply to attacks and saves. Of course, this is Pathfinder and I am not the DM, so that could be entirely irrelevant...

 

Image

cave_lion
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1
Posts: 673
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:33 pm
Location: St. Louis, MO

Re: A2) Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more

Post by cave_lion » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:58 pm

patransom wrote:Seeing as the goblin is unable to provide any useful information, Skara will stab it to death.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Let me know if you want me to roll attack/damage for that.

 

Once the critter is dead, while everyone else is deciding what to do, Skara will go through its pockets for loot (although said loot may already have been accounted for in the above). She will then carefully examine its shoes, sighing when she realizes they are far too small for her.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Total side comment: under standard 3.5 rules, a roll of 1 is not an automatic failure on skill checks. The automatic 1 and 20 rules only apply to attacks and saves. Of course, this is Pathfinder and I am not the DM, so that could be entirely irrelevant...

 

OUT OF CHARACTER
No need for a die roll on the mercy killing (we'll call it that anyway :) ). The treasure was a combined total for the entire goblin group.
Commented on the skill check issue under the OOC thread

 


kabkal
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 2190
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:13 pm
Location: USA

Re: A2) Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more

Post by kabkal » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:54 pm

Duniagdra wrote:
cave_lion wrote:
kabkal wrote:Kev will listen to see if he can hear anything in the darkness (percp 7).

Kev percp. (1d20 1=7)
You trip while leaning in to listen and scrape your ear on the stone. After everyone stops giggling at you--no sounds seem to be coming from beyond the barrier.
OUT OF CHARACTER
I am assuming that is a roll of 1? Not sure what that is...

 

OUT OF CHARACTER
Looks to me like a d20+1=7, just that the "+" did not follow through.And considering the result is a 7, the roll could not be a 1, else it would show =2.

 

Actually, it was a 6+1 = 1. I wish I had a +6 :-)
OUT OF CHARACTER
I do like the idea of 1s being bad so I am good with a scratched ear

 

Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image Coty: Gnome/Summoner
ImageBART 1173:Andriod/Pisterol

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: A2) Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more

Post by klakxor » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:56 pm

Marakast looks at Ken-den doing cartwheels in the air and laughs.

He moves over to the door to the inky blackness.

He looks at the others. Ken-den. Come here. Lets go in. This is where we want to go.

With that, Marakast will stick his fingers into the blackness and slowly move in to it.

jennaver
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:01 pm
Location: USA

Re: A2) Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more

Post by jennaver » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:21 pm

Sheen tugs on Dakars ear as he follows Marakast and Ken-Den Come on friends - its time to get to it...
Image Sable, Female Half elven Bard
Image Sheen, Male Pixie Sorcerer

User avatar
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1
Posts: 5887
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: A2) Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more

Post by patransom » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:37 pm

Skara will wait to see if something bad happens to Marakast, Ken-Den, Sheen, or Dakar when they enter the darkness. Assuming nothing does, she'll follow them in... stealthily.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Stealth check (1d20+20=35)

 

Image

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6880
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: A2) Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more

Post by Duniagdra » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:56 pm

Seeing that people are following his que to move on, and that all the goblins are dead, Big follows into the blackness.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

kabkal
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 2190
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:13 pm
Location: USA

Re: A2) Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more

Post by kabkal » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:15 am

Waiting for some sort of light, Kev will will move in hoping the darkness goes away. Yes, Harney, I hope there is a light in there soon.
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image Coty: Gnome/Summoner
ImageBART 1173:Andriod/Pisterol

Post Reply

Return to “{PbP} TWLD: Group A”