A2C) Marakast and Ken-den

Group A
cave_lion
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

A2C) Marakast and Ken-den

Post by cave_lion » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:38 pm

Ken-den lands on Marakast's shoulder with surprising grace. His weight is significant, however, and Marakast nearly falls over when he lands. He is too heavy to comfortably ride on his shoulder--but his flight ability is superb and he seems to fly without any effort at all. As Ken-den lands he moves very close to Marakast's ear clicking softly (imagine the sound a dolphin makes when "clicking" for sonar readings) until he is so close Marakast feels the cool metal of his mouth touching his ear. Ken-den then very gently speaks a few words in an ancient tongue that Marakast does not understand, but when he is finished it is clear he has cast some kind of magick because Marakast can now "feel" Ken-den's presence. He then lifts off of Marakast and says We good together yes? We gooood together... As he says this he does a diving double back flip landing with a rolling cartwheel to stop 10' away from Marakast with his hands spread wide and high. Tah-dah!

Marakast is inundated with information as the Empathic Link connects itself.

Here are some relevant highlights of info that will be of immediate interest:
1) Ken-den knows which enemies need to be captured by him. There is a small chance he can capture any of the "damaged ones" instantly (similar to a "Banishment" spell). If that fails, the damaged one must be defeated physically and then Ken-den can capture the "essence" pretty easily (similar to the spell "Soul Bind"--there is a small chance this could fail.) As Bigdredge gains levels and power, there are things he can do that will make the process easier.
2) Ken-den is quickly learning Common--he already speaks Celestial fluently. He is also linked telepathically with Marakast (this type of communication is what Dafenia can do with everyone--which features the "tongues" ability.)
OUT OF CHARACTER
Ken-den has become an advanced Familiar for Marakast. I will track any damage to him, but Marakast can direct him as if he was a Familiar regarding his movement and attacks (he will listen as long as there is no conflict with his alignment)
(The following abilities follow the 1 mile familiar rule)
Special Ability: 60' Darkvision (unlimited use) and/or see through the eyes of Ken-den (1 minute per level of Marakast)
Familiar abilities: Share Spells, Empathic Link (improved), Deliver Touch spells
Attacks: He has one melee attack with a short sword; one breath attack (like a golem); and grappling attacks. Marakast need only direct Ken-den to attack in most cases and he will choose his most appropriate weapon.

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Re: A2C) Marakast and Ken-den

Post by klakxor » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:04 am

Oh wow, yes we are good together. I think we can have very much fun together too. Marakast smiles and does a simple roll through the titans ribcage. He then approaches the group cautiously, motioning Ken-den to come with him.

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:38 am

a straight tone: Where we're going little one's, I suspect there may not be much time for fun. In fact, I suspect that doing all we can to not draw attention to our presence may well mean the difference between life and death.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image

cave_lion
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by cave_lion » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:53 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Here is an attempt at a .tos sheet for Ken-den. Let me know if anything is unclear. I couldn't figure out a few things so did some jury rigging. Couldn't get the low light vision to go into the vision box so just left that and the darkvision in the "INFO" section. Also couldn't get the armsword to reflect bonuses the way I wanted them so I just added those in.
As I said klakxor, you can run him as you see fit in many ways--as long as you don't violate his alignment he will work with you very well. Play the two like a team working together--that is how I see them doing it. I am planning on him having a bit of a chameleon like personality--meaning he will turn into a mini-Marakast in some ways--he will pick up Marakast's fun qualities and try to guide him away from the rude/mean ones if he can. There are lot's of ways to do practical jokes without being mean about it... I'm thinking the two of you should provide hours of tormenting entertainment for the rest of the party. Especially the Dwarf--he is way to calm and focused I'd say :D

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:43 pm

Marakast asked Ken-den if any of the goblins were what he was looking for. Did he have a response?

cave_lion
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by cave_lion » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:53 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
sorry--forgot about that--no these are just goblins. You will know when Ken-den is near any of the creatures he is designed to capture...

Return to “{PbP} TWLD: Group A”