OOC Comments/Questions/Rule Clarifications (A)

Group A
LinusMundane
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Re: OOC Comments/Questions/Rule Clarifications

Post by LinusMundane » Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:33 pm

i removed my point from spellcraft.
Image Glugglug; Orcish Paladin of Tyranny
Image Bone Crushnsmash; Fighter of the Bloodthirst School
Image Collin; Monk
Image Nani; Rogue
Image Dwanthor; Hill Dwarf Warlock

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:09 pm

I created Shadow Topics in each subforum (for Group A and Group B). So, each group shows this topic, but it is really just a link to the topic in the Main forum.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

cave_lion
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by cave_lion » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:02 pm

shai-hulud wrote:I created Shadow Topics in each subforum (for Group A and Group B). So, each group shows this topic, but it is really just a link to the topic in the Main forum.
Thank you sir...
cave_lion wrote:...Although I have discovered what I’d been searching for, it is too late; because of Rovagug’s destructive tampering many of the worst demons had already escaped. I will organize another group on Golarion to battle and contain ...
Is this a typo? Should it read "Although if I have discovered..."?

Again, just having a bit of fun with the way of making a action point. :D
heheh I'm actually not sure if this is an error--if it is--it is one of tense. Does this sound better? "Although I had discovered what I'd been searching for, it was too late..."

But anyway--this is not the kind of error I'm gonna be giving action points for. That would be like handing out candy at a fireman's parade... :) We all make grammar mistakes--not a big deal--and I'm not trying to make everyone be English Teachers. What I am looking for are logic errors or story errors. Someone could have caught a possible one in Thread 2 with the amount of time it would take to say all that had to be said and the time it would take Nekki or Marakast (depending on which Campaign you are part of) to get to the entrance of the room. It was really tough keeping the two ideas separate and trying to make everything flow together in the end. I didn't do it very well I'd have to say :) But now it is done anyway and we can get to playing the game...

cave_lion
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by cave_lion » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:55 pm

Once Ertigon tells the snake to release Treye and depart, Taedyn sheathes his sword and walks over to Treye.
Just wanted to comment about this quote--it is from Campaign B, but applies to both groups.

The snake circled around Treye (and Skara)--but it never actually touched either of them--I can see how this may have been assumed, given the description--but I don't want anyone thinking I would allow what would essentially be a grappling attack without any defensive counter from a player. This scene is obviously just to create drama and setup the entry of Ertigon--but I did still try to stay within the normal rules of play. I could have done a few skill checks/etc, but this would not have changed the end result and would have slowed the action needlessly.

So basically, I'm just saying that I will always do my best to stay within the rules of the game--especially if it may impact a player in a negative way. If that doesn't happen feel free to call me on it. I may be bull headed--but I am also flexible--so if you make a good point I will be happy to change a mistake.

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:17 pm

cave_lion wrote:
Once Ertigon tells the snake to release Treye and depart, Taedyn sheathes his sword and walks over to Treye.
Just wanted to comment about this quote--it is from Campaign B, but applies to both groups.

The snake circled around Treye (and Skara)--but it never actually touched either of them--I can see how this may have been assumed, given the description--but I don't want anyone thinking I would allow what would essentially be a grappling attack without any defensive counter from a player. This scene is obviously just to create drama and setup the entry of Ertigon--but I did still try to stay within the normal rules of play. I could have done a few skill checks/etc, but this would not have changed the end result and would have slowed the action needlessly.

So basically, I'm just saying that I will always do my best to stay within the rules of the game--especially if it may impact a player in a negative way. If that doesn't happen feel free to call me on it. I may be bull headed--but I am also flexible--so if you make a good point I will be happy to change a mistake.
I thought the introduction was well written. Will I be 20th level tomorrow? How far from this dungeon is it to the moon by the way? When I read the snake part, I never gave any thought about whether there was physical contact between it or Skara. I just took it as a tool for the story. Will the enhancements to our holy symbols continue after leaving the dungeon, when we've completed this campaign? Will we be finding wafers in the corridors and have to chomp them as we go along, and will some of them give us powerups so we can eat the bad guys in there?
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image

cave_lion
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by cave_lion » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:59 pm

duni wrote:I thought the introduction was well written.
Thanks! That's nice to hear sometimes...
duni wrote:Will I be 20th level tomorrow? How far from this dungeon is it to the moon by the way? When I read the snake part, I never gave any thought about whether there was physical contact between it or Skara. I just took it as a tool for the story. Will the enhancements to our holy symbols continue after leaving the dungeon, when we've completed this campaign? Will we be finding wafers in the corridors and have to chomp them as we go along, and will some of them give us powerups so we can eat the bad guys in there?
I'm afraid you've exceeded the Max 2 silly question's at a time rule :roll:

I have some amazingly horrible plans already in motion if anyone actually survives this little dungeon--so if your deity survives you will probably get to keep the holy symbol powers >:)

The little toy dude is way better than powerups--just wait till you see him in action...

cave_lion
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Re: 0 level spell-like abilities

Post by cave_lion » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:58 pm

I am going to modify the ability to use spell-like abilities that are based on 0 level spells. Rather than once per day, these abilities, for this campaign, will be considered unlimited use (just as they are as 0 level spells.) This rule mod will also apply to other creatures in the game (NPC's and monsters too.)

cave_lion
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by cave_lion » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:10 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Bhen for the most part is going to be a quiet person. This isn't a quirk or a vow of silence or anything. I just don't see him as overly chatty. That's not to say he'll ignore you if you try and chat with him or that we won't ask/answer questions, etc.

Actually this really is a good example of a quirk (being quiet.) Quirks don't all have to be weird obsessive stand out things--we all have quirks--they are what define us in much the way that traits and habits do. Some are strange sure--but many are just things like "being quiet." The difference between a quirk and a trait or flaw is just the degree. Being quiet is a quirk. Being quiet to the degree that it makes people extremely uncomfortable is a flaw...Some of the "quirks" people have chosen should actually be flaws because they have a significant impact on how other people will view them. It seems you are all having fun with them, though, just keep in mind it is ok to back off a bit once the novelty wears off if you are finding that it is becoming difficult to role play some of these really strong quirks. I for one am enjoying how everyone is playing with the quirks...

scarymike23
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by scarymike23 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:54 am

cave_lion wrote: patransom in Campaign A brought up a problem with the weight of a type IV bag of holding. Here is my response: Right you are pat--sorry about that--I added that in a hurry and didn't check the stats well enough. Been a long time since I've played for any length of time--please be patient as I relearn all the little things. I was actually looking for a backpack that I remembered--but couldn't find it in the Pathfinder CRB.
I imagine this is what you were looking for: Handy Haversack: http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/magi ... -haversack
-SM

cave_lion
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by cave_lion » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:02 am

"Zanice: the spell was an augmentation to your holy symbol. As long as you are true to Torag, it will provide you with two additional spells per day. The first is Create Food and Water. The second is Heroes' Feast. Both are cast at your current level as far as any per-level limitations."

Does this mean I can cast Heroes feast before I can cast 6 level spells? Or not until I can cast 6th level spells?
Yes you can cast it now--subject to it being cast at your level (so the 1 person per level starts at 1 person rather than the normal (I'm thinking 11 at 11th? level.)

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:11 am

scarymike23 wrote:
cave_lion wrote: patransom in Campaign A brought up a problem with the weight of a type IV bag of holding. Here is my response: Right you are pat--sorry about that--I added that in a hurry and didn't check the stats well enough. Been a long time since I've played for any length of time--please be patient as I relearn all the little things. I was actually looking for a backpack that I remembered--but couldn't find it in the Pathfinder CRB.
I imagine this is what you were looking for: Handy Haversack: http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/magi ... -haversack
I've always felt the haversack was kind of lacking in capacity. All you get is 120lbs at an encumbrance of 2lbs. Sure, that's great, but it's really easy to fill up, fast. I've generally multiplied it by 10 while remaining still at 2lbs.
Image Image

cave_lion
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by cave_lion » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:13 am

scarymike23 wrote:I imagine this is what you were looking for: Handy Haversack: http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/magi ... -haversack
Yes that is what I was looking for--looks like I missed it :) I'll leave the backpack as it is, though. It is just a way to give the players a possible reward (a way to store money) if they make it out--without having to worry about moving it along in the dungeon... Call it a motivator to make it through (the gods are tricky like that...)

patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by patransom » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:38 am

Yes, the backpack you gave Skara is like a supersize handy haversack and, thus, a better item. Thanks.

One question: does it have the "retrieve items without an AoO" ability of the handy haversack? Or is it like a bag of holding?

cave_lion
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by cave_lion » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:50 am

patransom wrote: One question: does it have the "retrieve items without an AoO" ability of the handy haversack? Or is it like a bag of holding?
Yes it does--I actually do that with all items of storage like this... Otherwise how would you get to items in the really big ones? Climb in and hope someone pulls you out when you find it? Or do they have to climb in to find you too. That would end the adventure pretty quickly :lol:

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:10 am

cave_lion wrote:
patransom wrote: One question: does it have the "retrieve items without an AoO" ability of the handy haversack? Or is it like a bag of holding?
Yes it does--I actually do that with all items of storage like this... Otherwise how would you get to items in the really big ones? Climb in and hope someone pulls you out when you find it? Or do they have to climb in to find you too. That would end the adventure pretty quickly :lol:
Just a note, since we're talking of magical storage items. Why couldn't you just make it a portable hole? >:) A 6' diameter by 10' deep extradimensional space can only hold so much you know. :P I've always wondered truly how much the hole could really hold with those dimensions.
Image Image

cave_lion
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by cave_lion » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:04 pm

patransom wrote:Just a note, since we're talking of magical storage items. Why couldn't you just make it a portable hole? >:) A 6' diameter by 10' deep extradimensional space can only hold so much you know. :P I've always wondered truly how much the hole could really hold with those dimensions.
I'm thinking what I gave you is a lot bigger than that? 150 cubic feet is pretty much huge... For a few crazy insane seconds I contemplated making it a Magnificent Mansion. Then I remembered I was the DM :D

cave_lion
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Re: Dungeon Doors

Post by cave_lion » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:49 pm

Here's some basic info that will apply throughout the Dungeon.

Unless otherwise stated, all walls are stone and all doors are iron-bound wood.

STANDARD DOORS (unless stated otherwise)
1) Are made of wood and bound with iron.
2) Open in one direction only and have pull rings on both sides, allowing it to be pulled open or closed. All doors push open into the Rooms from the hallway or from the previous Room, unless otherwise noted.
3) Although heavy, are well anchored on common hinges and can be opened by any creature of Small size or bigger simply by leaning on it. Any door can be pushed, but they may only be pulled by a creature able to grasp the ring. Creatures of Tiny size or smaller do not have the mass to pull the door open even if they have the strength.
4) Are neutrally hinged and do not swing open or closed on their own; a closed door stays closed and an open door stays open unless someone, or something, shuts it.
5) Have roughly a half-inch gap between the bottom of the door and the floor, allowing for air, light, noise, and smells to escape. Most prison/vault doors are sealed completely.

SECRET DOORS (unless stated otherwise)
1) Are made of stone, or whatever material the wall is made of.
2) Pivot on a vertical axis by being pushed on one or the other. Require a successful DC 12 Strength check to push open or closed (Large +4, Medium +0, Small -4). Creatures of Tiny size or smaller do not have the mass to push open a secret door, no matter how strong they are. In addition to these modifiers, any creature that is on more than two legs or is otherwise exceptionally stable gains a +4 modifier.
3) Unless noted, have no locking mechanisms and thus cannot be locked, nor do they have a return mechanism; secret doors remain open if opened, or closed if closed.
4) Are six feet high by seven feet wide. When fully open (the door is completely perpendicular to the wall) there is a total of two feet worth of maneuvering space between the secret door and the wall. This is large enough for a single creature of Medium size to squeeze through on either side simultaneously; creatures of large size or larger normally cannot fit through such a space (depending on the physical characteristics of the creature). The door sits one foot off the ground on a threshold to allow for the pivot. Keep in mind that when opened, there is a threshold one foot high that creatures must step over in order to pass through.
5) Are built to very tight tolerances, although there is a slight gap at the top and bottom through which noise or air might pass. Because of the thickness of the secret door, this gap is not large enough to allow light through.
6) Pushing it open causes the stone to scrape slightly and makes the same amount of noise as a person in medium armor trying to walk silently (DC 5 Listen check to detect the noise).

cave_lion
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by cave_lion » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:25 am

Arpat wrote:I guess Harpsent provides us with light. (however... i didn't find any info on how much light a Lantern Archon gives.)

About keeping weapons ready: Dordolio has his claws to attack so he doesn't have to run around with a drawn sword. He also keeps one silk rope within reach for easy grabbing.

Dordolio also has a common lantern with him... i guess it isn't very useful if we don't find anything to make it burn after the fuel is used.
Harpsent and Dafenia are the equivalent of a normal torch normally, but they can adjust their light as a normal action to the light of a candle as desired (or anything in between.) They can both also produce short bursts of bright light that last for 1 round + 1 rnd/level (this ability will raise in level with the group.)

As far as the lantern--you are right that this will probably not be of use most days, as you have the Lantern Archon and also several PC's who have the orison "Light" (you being one of them I believe?) Orisons are now cast at will as desired, so you can pretty much keep something lit all the time if desired (without oil and all of it's issues.)

I have been mulling over the bloodline abilities and have decided to modify any ability that is based on a 1 round per day rule to instead by one minute per day (or 10 rounds.) Many of these are based on 3 + Charisma, so they will now be a minimum of 3 minutes per day usage (assuming no bonus/penalty). One caveat--once activated the affect will last in full minute increments--so with no Charisma bonus that means the ability can be activated 3 times per day max for 1 minute per activation (or 3 full minutes at once).
Isn't the dungeon magically lit or only in some areas? Also I will be off the grid until Monday 10/26 at the latest for a karate tournament that I am competing in.
Much of the Dungeon is not lit as most of its original occupants had darkvision. There may be some areas that are lighted but don't count on it. Many of the occupants also had spell abilities so may have chosen to create lighting in their areas...

edit: fixed minimum time amount from 4 to 3 (guess I gotta go back to kindergarten)

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:13 am

Once a sorcerer, if there are any in either party, reaches 10th level, he/she can learn permanency, illuminating spells can be cast and made permanent.
Image Image

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:14 am

If a light spell is cast and empowered, does that increase the reach of the illumination?
Image Image

scarymike23
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by scarymike23 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:20 am

Duniagdra wrote:If a light spell is cast and empowered, does that increase the reach of the illumination?
Empowered only increased variable effects. All variable, numeric effects of an empowered spell are increased by half.

On another subject, and specifically for our DM, looks like they added the bestiary to the online documentation:
http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/index.html
-SM

greg_BSCIS
BARON
BARON

Post by greg_BSCIS » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:24 am

cave_lion wrote:
Arpat wrote: " Once Ertigon tells the snake to release Treye and depart, Taedyn sheathes his sword and walks over to Treye."

I need to read OOC more often, anyway ...

That is why I did not attack but you have to remember this, the snake wrapped around his dear friend quickly. It was a reactionary response from someone on alert. Taedyn may be a sorcerer but he has a warriors mind - he would have to have a warriors mind of some sort to become an Eldiritch Knight and perhaps an Arcane Archer. Of course this is all up in the air right now, but that is the path or paths I am thinking.

Isn't the dungeon magically lit or only in some areas? Also I will be off the grid until Monday 10/26 at the latest for a karate tournament that I am competing in.
Much of the Dungeon is not lit as most of its original occupants had darkvision. There may be some areas that are lighted but don't count on it. Many of the occupants also had spell abilities so may have chosen to create lighting in their areas...
Roger, well he can always carry a torch or Treye or I can keep on casting a light cantrip on them. It would be nice if they could be stealthily and later on, one of us may be able to cast darkvision on them.

As for the Karate tournament - it is semi-full contact spar - gloves and shin pads. I am not yet ready for full contact - in shape wise. I probably have the moves, the spirit, and power to compete in full contact - I still need to lose a couple marriage pounds and build the abs for full contact - probably next year. I have competed in full contact before when I was in the Marine Corps except I was younger and in much better shape.

If you need to control my character, sure be my guest - just don't kill me ... lol

cave_lion
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by cave_lion » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:54 pm

scarymike23 wrote:On another subject, and specifically for our DM, looks like they added the bestiary to the online documentation:
http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/index.html
stumbled on that last night looking for info--but thanks for the heads up. Paizo sure knows how to create satisfied customers...

cave_lion
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Re: Grappling + Vacation Posting and rough Posting schedule

Post by cave_lion » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:28 pm

greg_BSCIS wrote:That is why I did not attack but you have to remember this, the snake wrapped around his dear friend quickly. It was a reactionary response from someone on alert. Taedyn may be a sorcerer but he has a warriors mind - he would have to have a warriors mind of some sort to become an Eldiritch Knight and perhaps an Arcane Archer. Of course this is all up in the air right now, but that is the path or paths I am thinking.
Sure Greg--I didn't have a problem with your actions--just wanted to clarify (from a gaming standpoint) that as a DM I would not have had the snake actually touch Treye without a grapple check... That would be very bad form in my opinion.
greg_BSCIS wrote:If you need to control my character, sure be my guest - just don't kill me ... lol
As far as killing you :) The game usually moves slow enough that someone being gone for a few days is no big deal. If I have to take over someone's character (due to play being in combat) -- well; the dice are just as capricious for me as anyone. I would do everything in my power, though, to make sure you are present when I kill you >:) If a character is gone for more than a few days, I would appreciate (as would the group I'm sure) a short note (as you have done) so everyone knows what is up.
shai-hulud wrote:I apologize for taking so long to reply. I have been rather ill, and I simply lack energy at the moment.
Not a problem at all shai--I have been figuring out in my head how the posting schedule will be and am pretty comfortable now with this:
Major posts (validations) will get 2 full days for responses to come in. So if I post on a Monday night, I will wait till Thursday morning before posting another response. Unless I know that everyone has posted and we can move on--then I may move quicker than that. But in general this will result in roughly two major posts per week, which is a realistic pace for everyone I believe. shai--your current post is within these guidelines--so there is no reason at all to apologize. Under this guideline, if after the two days someone has not posted, as long as there is no direct response we are waiting on (in response to a direct question or necessary action) I will assume that a PC has nothing to add to the current events and move on with the next post. If I ever do pass someone over who would have liked to do something but did not get to it before I posted again--just give a shout out and we can do a little history makeover and fit things in. If anyone has any comments or questions or problems, now is the time to get things on the table--it seems like everyone is checking posts pretty regularly and is ok with posting a minimum of every few days...

cave_lion
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Re: time in the dungeon

Post by cave_lion » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:14 pm

Basic daily time tracking:
Barring unusual circumstances, looks to me like morning "stuff" is going to average about 2 hours? This includes prep, workout, meditation/prayer, and eating (keeping in mind that Hero's Feast takes an hour to consume properly--the spell fails if this is not done).
So we have 2 hours morning, 1 hour lunch, 11 hours Supper and Evening break (time for people to have lives/knit stockings/etc); that leaves roughly 10 hours per day for work at the office (5 after breakfast and 5 after lunch.) Anybody Union??

This is a huge generalization, of course, as there will be times when you will not be able to follow such a simple pattern; I am just trying to set up a basic guideline to help me track events over time and leave room for all the simple things of life that need to be done but don't need to be role-played.

So for tracking purposes, I should be able to fit in 2 five hour bits per day and keep track of time fairly easily (which is why I'm going here in the first place.) Anybody see any errors in this logic? I will be tracking time as a header on posts once we get moving--so anyone doing a journal or using the wiki can use that as a reference. Current start date: 10 in the morning; Moonday, 1st of Rova, 4708

If you are curious, here is a paste of Golarion calendar fundamentals (from the Paizo forum):
Time travels on Golarion much as it does here on our own Earth. Sixty seconds form a minute, sixty minutes create an hour, and twenty-four hours make a day. The people of Golarion measure time much like we do as well, with seven days to a week and twelve 30-day months to a year. Years are marked since the founding of the last great empire, that of Aroden, the Last Man. Although the empire has collapsed, its calendar remains in use to this day. At the start of the campaign, the date is 4707 AR (Absalom Reckoning).

Days of the Week

The days of the week are as follows. Each day has a general purpose that most people in the Inner Sea region follow.
Day General Purpose
Moonday Work, religion [night]
Toilday Work
Wealday Work
Oathday Work, pacts signed, oaths sworn
Fireday Work
Starday Work
Sunday Rest, religion

Months

The months in Golarion correspond to our own, with each new year starting shortly after the solstice. You'll notice that the name of each month is etymologically tied to a specific god—residents of Golarion see the gods reflected in the changing of the seasons, and their names for the months reflect this. (Gozreh's month, for instance, is a time of budding and new life, while Zon-Kuthon's is seen as the death of the old year.) Holidays in a given month are generally tied to their patron deity. In order, the months are:

Abadius (January)
Calistril (February)
Pharast (March)
Gozran (April)
Desnus (May)
Sarenith (June)
Erastus (July)
Arodus (August)
Rova (September)
Lamashan (October)
Neth (November)
Kuthona (December)

scarymike23
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by scarymike23 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:19 pm

I'm really curious to see how combat plays out. I've never done PbP.
-SM

cave_lion
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by cave_lion » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:36 pm

You should get a taste of it real soon here... (you can also check out one of the other PbP's to see it in action)

Arpat
Arpat
Arpat

Re: Bard Skill Points

Post by Arpat » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:09 pm

cave_lion wrote:For the two Bards: check out this thread for a probable error to the Bard skill points in TOS+. Richard has not responded yet, but if shai-hulud says it is so it most likely is... Might as well fix it now on your sheet, rather than wait for the next release and have it be wrong once game play has started full swing (meaning take away one of your skill points and leave the sheet saying you have one left to spend--since you really don't have that one to spend)
Dordolio suddenly is less stealthy. LOL probably because there is a light near him :-)
OUT OF CHARACTER
removed 1 skillpoint from stealth

Arpat

scarymike23
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by scarymike23 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:23 pm

For those who may not have noticed, there is a new release that fixes the bard bug and a few other things. 3.01
-SM

cave_lion
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by cave_lion » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:45 am

duniagdra wrote:Just a note, since we're talking of magical storage items. Why couldn't you just make it a portable hole? >:) A 6' diameter by 10' deep extradimensional space can only hold so much you know. :P I've always wondered truly how much the hole could really hold with those dimensions.
cl wrote:I'm thinking what I gave you is a lot bigger than that? 150 cubic feet is pretty much huge... For a few crazy insane seconds I contemplated making it a Magnificent Mansion. Then I remembered I was the DM :D
This was bugging me so had to track down the formula for it: formula for volume of a cylinder is (pi)(r-squared)(h)

So we are looking at 3.14x(3 squared)x10' which equals about 283 cubic feet for the portable hole--so you were right duni--it is bigger (almost 2x bigger.) Not nearly as fashionable as a haversack though...

Return to “{PbP} TWLD: Group A”