A3) Into the Dungeon

Group A
cave_lion
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1
Posts: 673
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:33 pm
Location: St. Louis, MO

Re: A3) Into the Dungeon

Post by cave_lion » Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:31 pm

After everyone is confident the orc is staying put they begin discussing their options. Big, in his typical low calm voice comments I say we move on. But we shouldn't leave this pathetic creature to its torment.

Based upon Dafenia's remarks which Sheen shares with the group, he recommends the southernmost of the East doors as a starting point....no need to investigate the storage of dead rotten things in a dark room from his perspective.

Ignoring Big's concerns about the orc, Skara replies to Sheen, The door in the far corner that doesn't stink? A good choice. I'll check it out; just keep the lights a ways back.

Hearing the party is inclined to move on and is not really concerned about the orc, Big decides to let the matter lie. The orc will likely die by someone or something's hand soon enough anyway by the looks of it. Everyone moves behind the wall across from the orc (who now appears to be sleeping in a sitting position on the ground.)

Sheen prompts Dakar to draw his weapon and head down to the southeast corner where they take up positions against the wall just north of the door (BF40).....Sheen continues to maintain his invisibility....and listens intently.....but hears nothing behind either door.

Skara creeps over to the recommended door and checks it for traps. It seems safe, and the door is not locked, opening easily when she pushes on it. As Skara peers into the darkness beyond a heavy smell of stale air hits her, causing a momentary gasp, but she quickly gets hold of herself and steps into the room. The room is pretty big--about 30 by 50--and has bits of dried grass as well as larger hunks laying all over the floor, as if a tornado recently tore through a meadow. Unfortunately Skara is caught completely by surprise as the full aroma of the room hits her like a hill giant's club. She quickly covers her nose and mouth with her arm, but decides she better leave now before she adds a new smell of her own to the room (coming from her now partially digested lunch.) Moloch's fire! This room smells like the inside of a devil's bowels!

Skara is able to spit out between gulps of (the now refreshing) damp cold air Room looks empty Sheen--you wanna fly over and tell the others... Sheen replies Sure thing. I wonder if the whole dungeon smells bad?!?
OUT OF CHARACTER
There is a strong distinctive smell in this room, mixed with the smell of body odor and excrement. Anyone who enters this room need to give me a Fortitude save to do so. Anyone can also do a "Knowledge, Nature" check to determine what the smell is and a Perception Check if searching.

 

Status
Skara: nauseated (unable to attack, cast spells, or do anything else requiring concentration; can only take a single move action per turn).
It is between 1 and 2pm, Moonday, 1st of Rova, 4708
Dakar -3 hp (old)
Next up: open action/no initiative[/ooc]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

kabkal
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 2163
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:13 pm
Location: USA

Re: A3) Into the Dungeon

Post by kabkal » Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:52 pm

Kev will move up to the door, but stay out of the room to allow the scouters to look about.
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image Coty: Gnome/Summoner
ImageBART 1173:Andriod/Pisterol

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: A3) Into the Dungeon

Post by klakxor » Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:56 pm

Marakast will follow along behind the others, looking over his shoulder at the orc wondering if he would be lunch to that guy.

Ken-den, you are learning common quite fast. Do you think you could learn the languages of other creatures we might meet in the dungeon? I mean, these guys seem pretty bent on killing but maybe we don't need to kill everything.

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6862
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: A3) Into the Dungeon

Post by Duniagdra » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:40 am

Big walks past everyone and into the room with no light. The smell is quite offensive. Intelligence for Nature/Fort for odor. (1d20+1=6, 1d20+2=19) Big tries looking about, but he's not seeing much. Perception Check Searching about. (1d20+4=5)
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5849
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: A3) Into the Dungeon

Post by patransom » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:35 am

Skara backs away from the door. Uggh... gack... let's go another way.
Image

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: A3) Into the Dungeon

Post by klakxor » Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:15 am

Marakast scurries up behind Big and sniffs at the room, not trying to get caught in the smell.

Knowledge: Nature check (1d20+7=22)

Post Reply

Return to “{PbP} TWLD: Group A”