A3A) Dafenia & Ken-den

Group A
cave_lion
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

A3A) Dafenia & Ken-den

Post by cave_lion » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:28 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
Over the next day or so, those interested in learning more of the story from Ken-den and Dafenia can add the following to what they know:
The original null field encircles the dungeon as a barrier that prevents anything from leaving it on any level (even ethereal or using other planes.) Other planes can be created inside the barrier--but they are also isolated within the null field. It is essentially like an alternate universe superimposed, to a degree, over the space where the dungeon was built. It's weakness is the fact that it was vulnerable to being weakened if the materials used to build it were shifted away from their original pattern. This has led to a "bleeding out" of the space which has allowed some of the prisoners to escape. Ertigon has stated she has figured out a way to repair the field completely again and is in process of doing that right now--so it will be sealed up as it was originally designed. Ken-den is a similar concept, but the prison "plane" is much more fluid--meaning the spaces within it are layered in planes of existence rather than being designed as mostly "solid/space limited" areas within a specific area (i.e., like the old Dungeon.) Think of Ken-den's body as being an entrance to multiple planes of existence that are completely isolated from any other (because of the null field barrier.) So to answer your question directly, every creature in the dungeon is "contained" inside of the current null field--which surrounds the physical area of the dungeon (assuming Ertigon has successfully repaired any flaws in it.) Your group must collect those still in the prison and transfer them to the new prison through the entrance, which is Ken-den. This will all become clearer when the first damaged one is found and collected--I will go through all the steps then. For the most part Ken-den will be responsible for moving the creatures into the new prison--but in many cases the creature will have to be "defeated" in some way for this to happen. There is more to this story that I will be detailing as the group moves through the dungeon...below is the initial info about the null field from Ertigon.

I am Ertigon, Designer and Builder of this prison. I am also one of the few Celestials from my time left here on Golarion.
She then raises her hands and from her fingertips the same crackling energy erupts, flowing out to form a large orb which encircles her and the immediate area where the party is standing (It seems to disappear into the roof and floor but you can tell it is an orb by its shape. The orb is thick but clear as glass except for the bands of thin glistening metal that seems to flow through it. She says Do not be alarmed, this is only to protect us from intruding eyes…Now that you are all together and ready to begin I have some additional information for your ears only. I created this prison as a Null field, using an ancient high magic, and these bands of metal that encircled the prison in specific patterns. She points to the metal band that everyone assumed was some kind of door or entryway. When the Dungeon foundations shifted these bands shifted as well, weakening the Null field in certain places. This is one of the first spots where this happened, see up on the band that tear in the surface? That is where Legion’s Hand escaped. Legion’s Hand was and is one of the most dangerous prisoners captured. He is the one who killed mighty Breysus, our Titan guard who kept the dungeon clear of invading creatures. With his death, the Dungeon became a new realm to explore for many. The poor creatures did not realize that though getting into the Prison is easy, leaving is another matter entirely. Once they pass the Null field there is no turning back unless they can find the weakened spots, which are invisible on the inside.
She continues: For these many eons I’ve been working on my design, attempting to make it immune to the ravages of time. The solution was a total paradigm shift resulting in this (she folds her hand down to the small creature that looks like a toy.) Ken-den is my newly re-designed prison: his armor creates a null field that holds within it an isolated plane of existence. Those who are captured inside of him will have complete freedom, within the plane, but they will be trapped there. I am leaving the Dungeon in your care with Ken-den. He will allow you to capture all of the damaged beings who are here (she says this word damaged in a strange way). In the meantime I will repair, as best I can, the defects in the Dungeon and seal it once again to contain those who are here. But Rovagug will undoubtedly break the Null fields again. After you have captured all of the damaged ones, you can open up the Dungeon on both ends and let those who remain do as they wish. Give little Ken-den to Barcellus the titan, at the other end of the Dungeon, he will know what to do from there. If I am able I will also visit with you then. Although I have discovered what I’d been searching for, it is too late; because of Rovagug’s destructive tampering many of the worst demons have already escaped. I will organize another group on Golarion to battle and contain those who have escaped to the surface. If we are successful, Golarion will be saved from a great evil.

cave_lion
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Re: A3A) Dafenia

Post by cave_lion » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:57 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Here is an updated rap sheet for Dafenia w/tos file included

Dafenia(Lantern Archon)

Shedding a warm and calming radiance, this orb of light moves with a preternatural silence and otherworldly grace.

Dafenia is name bound, meaning she must be allowed to give her name and also must be given the true birth name of who she is speaking to. Friendly and curious Dafenia eagerly converses with and assists other creatures. She speaks using telepathy--there is no sound on her part and she can read your thoughts as well; so no need to speak out loud to her except for the initial spoken name she requires to ensure that you are trustworthy. Her voice changes from that of a young girl to an old woman depending on her mood and intent. Her light fluctuates along with her words or tones, punctuating her speech with sparks of light or gentle pulses. Her body is a globe of spiritual purity and pale light. Although she might interact with her surroundings through pure force of will, such interaction proves too weak to help with most physical tasks. She is skilled at evasion and excellent at scouting—at least in areas where strange lights aren't unusual. As lantern archons never sleep or eat, they make excellent watchers and guardians. Although she appears fragile, her form and abilities guard her against most attacks.

Lantern archons always glow, usually as bright as a torch. They have total control over the color of light they shed, and take great pleasure in modulating their colors and brightness in time to music or to entertain other creatures. Dafenia can also adjust her light as a normal action to the light of a candle as desired (or anything in between). In addition, she can produce short bursts of bright light that last for 1 round + 1 rnd/lev (this ability will raise in level with the group). Only death can extinguish her light.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “{PbP} TWLD: Group A”