Group B
Arpat
Arpat
Arpat

B1A) Dordolio

Post by Arpat » Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:42 pm

Dordolio Halfling Male Bard

Background story
Dordolio is a young man who has to discover the world. He always felt that he had to wander around, see more... in his dreams he feels the wind floating around his silvery body and his eyes could see little animals from miles away... He always loved that dream. It was always a different dream, different areas but always the same... feeling... the feeling of absolute freedom. The truth is however... he lives in a small town called Woodsedge.
His father, a stubborn man that used to work as a bodyguard for the semi rich people came home and taught his son the way of the sword. Dordolio loved sword fighting and he trained whenever he could. He trained with a rapier and a blunt longsword. He used the longsword as a two handed weapon. His father always mocked him with it, "A longsword is something for long people, like knights, not a little snotty boy... "
He never knew his mother. His father would not talk about her and well.. there was no evidence or anything left except for a rusty looking sword in a chest. His father told him it belonged to his mother. Then he closed the chest and locked it.
One day when Dordolio came home early he noticed an old mage looking at the sword and while scrying the blade, he did not detect any magic. He sensed something, but could not describe it and after some fiddling and testing it he decided it had no value at all.
"A nice fine blade. a little cold to the touch... " not worth anything. His father payed the old man 1 gold and the mage left.
The following night everything changed. a sound, some noise and a yell... Dordolio woke up and when he entered the kitchen he saw a masked man and his father fighting. His father was a trained fighter and seemed to be winning, but suddenly the man violently turned to the boy and closed in with his knife. Dordolio didn't flinch or move... and before the knife could reach him, his father jumped in the line of the knife and stabbed the masked man in the heart. The masked man went down in a very slow motion... his eyes wide open in surprise... the light fading and before he hit the ground he was already dead. His father fell to his knees, breathing heavily... "I... am so... sorry... so much you do... don't.." his father moans... "poison... ooooah" breathing goes slow... "I... not your.. rrr r rr." his breathing goes very heavy and with pain "real f f ather.. you f. <sigh> n.." suddenly blood colored foam came out of his mouth... his eyes turned inside and his body dropped to the floor...
Dordolio looked at the two dead men... then he saw the silvery silk cloth with the sword and the broken lock... as in a dream he takes the cloth and stands up... walks to his bedroom and starts crying. When he fell asleep he didn't know. The next morning. Dordolio woke up and realized it was no dream. He still has the covered blade clutched in his arms... He walked to the chest... the broken lock split in two on the floor... his eyes fall on a piece of paper... it looks old and carefully he examines the paper. it's a difficult handwriting and he can't decipher it fully... all he recognizes are some words:
"sword" "son or sun?" "dragon" "born or touch" "color or silver" "protect" "egg, ball or pit?" "human" "bless or blight?"
The whole morning he tries to read it, but the text is too faded, too old... he carefully puts away the letter.
Dordolio looks up. "Young man..." a law enforcer stands in the door. I have been told that something has happened here."
Days pass by and nothing spectacular happens... Life gets back to normal and Dordolio works in the smithy by day and a tavern in the evening. His songs are very popular and his dances always a spectacular show. He talks a lot to travelers and loves all the stories they tell him and he is remarkable good in remembering the details and locations. He soaks up their stories and when working in the smithy he loves to sing in cadence with his tools...
His best friend, Bulburr, the son of the blacksmith, has always trained with Dordolio. He teaches Dordolio how to make armor and weapons and Dordolio is eager to learn... He now and then even helps out blacksmithing and also creates smaller jewelery, including the gem-cutting and repairing gear for travelers.
On a particular day Bulburr asks about the blade in the cloth and Dordolio shows him the blade. Bulburr, looking at it says, "a tad rusty, and it seems not sharp.., together we can repair this sword... come on let's start working on it." Dordolio looks at Bulburr and the sword. "Why not... it's useless the way it is..."
Bulburr holds the sword and swings it. It hits the anvil and a high pitched metal sound shrieks through the air. "It's good steel... just needs some work to get back into shape.." After a few hours hard work Dordolio starts to chant... Bulburr looks at Dordolio as the sound becomes mesmerising and the hammer seems to be in cadence with the red hot sword... Ding...tiinngg Dinggg Tiinnggg Diinnggg Tinggg.... ssssssshhhhh and again... heating chanting and creating...
Finally... the sword is ready... the heating fire has made some markings clearly edged in the blade, the text is visible again and the sword is sharp as an razor..
Bulburr looks at the blade and speaks the words on the blade:
"darastrix caex rauhiss sveargith miirik" --- dragon sword halfling bravery song
" darastrix caex rauhiss levek vaeri" --- dragon sword halfling enchanted dance

Bulburr looks at it... "Strange... I have no knowledge of engraving blades? how did you do that?" Dordolio shrugs... "It happened when i chanted.. i don't know why..." He took the blade and carefully strapped it on his back...

character behaviour/ quirks:
• he usually sings when fighting. (the songs are about him or his friends or about the enemy getting "it")
• he loves all kinds of jewelry (to study the makings, quality etc.) and needs to examine it all (not stealing or going absurd ways... but loves to fiddle with it)
• he is a real show-off... when fighting with his sword (he will learn to work to use 2 swords)
• he never stops talking - everything he sees, does (or not does) goes with comment. The only times he does not talk are when he is singing or when he is gagged. "i remember one guy telling me this or that"
• he is really picky about his sword fighting quality or his singing quality. (he is good at both, but only when he can sing he can be really good at his swordplay... it looks like dancing. goes better with music.) -- and as a real showoff he sometimes talks too much ("i can beat you bla bla bla") and gets himself into trouble.
• He is (very) religious to his goddess (Desna). -- don't be disrespectful (or you will see him very angry very fast) - she is a goddes and he adores her. Some even think his showing off is to impress her ... However if you ask him of he would, he will avoid to answer in one way or another.
• He is not willing to commit to a person in his life (yet). There are too many nice girls/women that he hasn't introduced himself too, what in his opinion would be a great honor ;)
• he has a weak spot for tiny furry animals like mice, ferrets, cats, raccoons etc...
• So... he is actually a little egoistic. He likes to see the credits added to his name... However, he is honestly enough to give credit to who deserves it. But he would like to point out that his involvement.... etc...
• in some way he also takes care of his friends/companions because he learned that you cant do it all alone. (but if one could do it alone he would be that man of course)
• he loves maps. maps of all sorts, kinds and study's even the most simple map and that reflects in his scholar study in deciphering scripts...

//OOC: sadly i am not one of the best puzzle solvers... still trying to figure out how to play Myst. Otherwise i would have added that also to the list (to solve puzzles on the map) ;)

the TOS file needs to be edited i have no idea how to add the draconic feat to the tos (v2.950)
draconic blood: http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/clas ... l#draconic
dordolio.jpg
edit by cave_lion: Arpat your story is great--and your English writing skills are good as well--I did some very minor editing to fix some tense problems (past, present, future) and a few spelling errors. Hope you don't mind...
edit by arpat: added TOS file (dordolio lvl1, tos 3.001)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Arpat on Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arpat

cave_lion
Divine Rank 17
Divine Rank 17

1A) Re: More of Dordolio's Story

Post by cave_lion » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:51 pm

You were born and raised in the town of Woodsedge in the former Kingdom of Galt. Galt was once a center of art and philosophy in Golarion. The continuing revolution in Galt actually began in Woodsedge, based on the writings of the poet Darl Jubannich, who attacked the formerly unchallenged belief in the divine right of kings. For 40 years now, this foundation of dissent has spread, but still Woodsedge can be considered the center or heart of the revolution. Still, for you, it is a backwards town with little to offer. All of its former elegance and beauty have been destroyed in wars. The only thing that has kept you here is Bulburr. Still, it is obvious that he has no intention of ever leaving; this is where he belongs.
And for you, now, having completed work on your mother's sword you suddenly feel an amazing pressure that this is the time. Now or never you must leave in search of a place where you feel you can belong. So having made the decision you pack your things and go to bed for one last time in the place you have called home for as long as you can remember.
You wake up screaming in a cold sweat....fleeting images in your mind of horrible demons and undead creatures attacking you.. or was it you? It felt like you, but you seemed to be breathing out blasts of icy cold and attacking with claws and teeth? It felt so real...

Somewhat taken aback by this frightening omen of things to come, you are still determined to leave, and with a few last kind words to those you love this is exactly what you do. Your intent is to travel to Absalom, City of Wonders, and so you travel South along the Sellen River Road heading towards the Inner Sea...

cave_lion
Divine Rank 17
Divine Rank 17

Re: 1A) Dordolio: In the City of Wonders

Post by cave_lion » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:12 pm

After many months of travel and living enough stories to entertain for hours (to be told perhaps another time) our hero finally arrives at the gates of Absalom, City of Wonders. He has earned and lost fortunes during his journey (at least in his mind) and now steps through the Gatehouse with roughly the same possessions that he started with so many days before. Not knowing where to go first and intent on finding the best performance halls to begin establishing his reputation, Dordolio spends his first few days just wandering the streets, meeting people, taking in the sites, and performing his music as often as he can. He sleeps in modest quarters, reserving his bank until a steady source of income can be secured. His street performances provide enough coin to cover his daily room and board and the occasional treat.

After this initial hectic introduction to Absalom, Dordolio begins to feel he is making some headway and so, decides to seek out the Temple of Desna to pray for guidance and strengthen his direction. He has noticed a tall slim tower in the middle of the city, with the typical signature of Desna's Temples and he is certain that this is where he must go. While making his way he soon discovers he is accompanied by a troop of dragonflies, swooping around him in circles and moving slowly forward in the direction he walks. Feeling incredibly exuberant over such a good omen, Dordolio begins singing spontaneously and soon finds himself at the open front doors leading into the temple.

It is indeed a Temple to Desna, and as he walks inside he feels a rush of love and peace settle into his heart. There is no one in the main worship area, so Dordolio, still singing, walks to the front altar and sitting down, closes his eyes to pray to his goddess. The joy in his heart carries him away, and he soon finds himself in a relaxed state of contemplation. Suddenly Dordolio is pulled out of his restful state by the chiming of bells and a flutter of wings. As he opens his eyes, he is astonished to find that he is no longer in the Temple and floating before him, resting on a sliver of moon in a cloud of mist and stars and butterflies, appears to be Desna herself.
OUT OF CHARACTER
She seems to be meditating as you open your eyes, with a beauty beyond words but also with a sadness that will temper your view of the world for many days to come. She does not move at first, giving you time to calm your thoughts, and you realize that this must be a dream.

SpoilerShow
Desna.jpg
With this thought she looks up at you and says:
Greetings Dordolio, yes this is a dream, though in truth it is all a dream. Pharasma, goddess of fate has directed me to speak with you. I am afraid there are troubling times ahead.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Desna will then spend some time conversing with you and detailing much of the information that is available here She is very patient and kind with you, but also firm in her resolve that you will take on this task (though I doubt Dordolio would have any reservations given his devotion to her.) She states that there will be 7 in the group who will attempt to fulfill this mission and that she expects you to be her voice, helping to gather everyone together as needed and answer any questions the others may have. She also gives you a holy symbol (see pic below) that will allow you to bond with a Lantern Archon, provided by the Celestials, who will be helping you with information about the Dungeon you will be visiting.

SpoilerShow
DesnaSymbol.jpg
OUT OF CHARACTER
If there is anything specific you would like to ask that is not covered in the provided info, you can ask that here while the rest of the party does their thing. When everyone is ready we will conclude this post and move on to the next phase of the campaign. I am assuming that you have all of your possessions with you.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Arpat
Arpat
Arpat

Re: 1A) Dordolio

Post by Arpat » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:42 pm

Dordolio is listening to all the things the Goddess Desna tells him.
At the end of her story he looks at the Goddess and he is silent.. for the first time in his short life he feels that what he sees, feels and... and.. he just has no words for it. (Dordolio without words? thats almost unimaginable)
Every single word is chisled into his brain, her face and her voice never to be forgotten. a tear rolls down his eye.. this beauty... the love... it rolls over him like waves. She is all there is what there is to be.
When the godess finally ends her story, he kneels, holds out his hands with the jewel and he speeks softly."My Goddess... I am honored that you have choosen me. I... I will fulfill my destiny with all my strenght, determination and willpower!"he waits a second (to add some drama) and he continues:"People will remember, i will make songs, poetry and dance for my Goddess, so no living soul will ever forget that I... (his voice gets louder) Dordolio will fullfill his Destiny!"He could not remember when or how he did stand up or even that he pulled his sword, but suddenly he realises that he is standing, arms stretched, his sword blinking in the light in his right hand, the jewel in his left hand, shouting with all his power "for my Goddess... Desna!"
An ice cold gust of wind makes his voice tingle like the breaking of ice and then silence. With his eyes closed he drops to one knees his sword pointing down on what he supposes is the floor. Almost like a knight in one of his plays.
He suddenly realises that she said "there will be seven"
He softly speaks "seven will travel, seven will fight, seven is the number that will see your will shall be done right."
Even though he whispers, his voice seems unnatural loud in the deafening silence...
He feels joy, thrilling sensations, sadness and finally contemplation again. He gets control back over his breathing..
"We will not fail you, Goddess Desna..."

Then he waits. Enjoying the feelings that rush through him....
THINKING: May Pharasma's fate be kind to us...
Arpat

cave_lion
Divine Rank 17
Divine Rank 17

Re: 1A) Dordolio

Post by cave_lion » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:46 pm

With a sudden rush you wake up and open your eyes. You are again in the Temple of Desna in Absalom. As you stand up, slightly unsteady from the experience, you are greeted from behind by a strange hissing sound intermixed with giggles. Turning around you see a beautful but deadly looking winged female being, with the lower body of a snake, holding a mask to her face with one hand and a sharply curved saber in the other. She immediately drops the mask after you have seen her and says with a smile Greetings Dordolio, I am Sorrowbrand, servant of Desna, and this hour servant of you. Do you like my mask? I took it from the bag of a Shackles pirate in Drenchport. He tried to persuade me into his bed with a blade... He won't be doing that one again!she giggles again somewhat manically I am to take you to your destination as soon as you are ready...
SpoilerShow
Sorrowbrand.jpg
You have all of your things with you so there is nothing to hold you back from beginning the quest Desna has charged you with. After a few moments to get your nerves calmed, you tell Sorrowbrand you are ready to go and she slides up next to you, lowering her head to match the height of yours. Your kinda cute--to bad you have to go so soon. She then speaks an incantation in a language you don't recognize and wraps her tail around you and the temple you are in fades away to be replaced by a very different scene...
OUT OF CHARACTER
This post continues in thread 1J

Return to “{PbP} TWLD: Group B”