B1H) Bhen, Taedyn & Treye: On Hallowed Ground

Group B
cave_lion
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

B1H) Bhen, Taedyn & Treye: On Hallowed Ground

Post by cave_lion » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:25 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
[quote]It appears that Taedyn and Treye are pretty close, how much do I know of her?[/quote]As far as Taedyn and Treye--you can role play what is in the introductions I would think--that is how the gameplay has been established and no one has objected to that. I am assuming the two of you have been working together (in a non romantic kind of way) for about a year--so it is a good bet you know each other pretty well. Sorcerers don't typically really need much instruction to work their magic--it just comes to them and trial and error is the primary learning method--so the only reason both of you needed the teacher was because of your reliance on books and learning methods as part of your personality. That would be a very synergistic thing for the two of you and I would imagine that has led to a very close bond at this point.

Bhen
Your journey from the deserts of Sedeq was largely uneventful. You followed your heart and the occasional cloud omen all the way to Absalom, City of Wonders, paying for your journey by working on the ships in whatever capacity was needed. Not the easiest work at times; but with plenty of open air and sunshine on your face, and interesting conversation with the other crew members; life seemed like it couldn't get much better. Your dreams during this time were at first violent affairs, full of angry beasts and shouting allies. To combat this, you took to chanting a mantra throughout the day, To transcend your flaws, you must know your inner self. and this did seem to help most of the time. Upon arrival to Absalom, your first order of business was scouting out a temple to Irori. The city was an intimidating place and it was difficult for you to maintain an appropriate presence of mind there. But you did your best and within a few hours had been directed to the center of the city and the one Temple to Irori in the area. It was a sprawling one story complex made of stone blocks, with a large inner courtyard visible from the road as you approached the entrance. You could tell very quickly, coming down the road that you had found the right place, as there was a large statue of Irori on the side of the building. The large wooden double doors, reinforced with iron, were propped open leading into a long stone corridor that opened up after about 75 feet into the inner courtyard you had sighted from the road on your approach. Within the open interior was a centerpiece of stoically designed stone and sand gardens, which instantly elevated your mood and prepared you for the only visible occupants: a large stone giant sitting cross legged next to two humans on the far side of the courtyard.
SpoilerShow
stone_giant.jpg
SpoilerShow
Taedyn.jpg
SpoilerShow
treye I.jpg
SpoilerShow
treye II.jpg
OUT OF CHARACTER
Taedyn does not have his sword drawn and spell firing by the way :) I have not received a pic for Treye yet, so am improvising. I'm thinking of these pics as before and after shots (now and after the campaign is over.) If you don't send me a better pic I will have to choose one of these Benji... (I'm partial to blonds by the way) :D

In a booming voice the Stone Giant bellows his welcome:
Ah, Bhen the Proper. You have arrived with impeccable good timing! Come join us, we are leaving very soon and I must introduce all of you.
The giant introduces himself as Sixth Rebirth and introduces you to Taedyn and Treye (and vice versus).
SpoilerShow
Bhen.jpg
After the introductions, Sixth Rebirth asks all of you to hold hands and says:
We are teleporting to your final destination. There--all will be explained to you...
And as you all hold hands and Sixth Rebirth speaks the incantation you fade quickly to black...

Taedyn & Treye
For the hour or so that you were waiting for Bhen, Sixth Rebirth told you that Desna had asked him to gather the two of you up for the mission and given you some basic information about the Campaign. After some work to get you "on the bus" he arranged for someone to gather any of your equipment you did not have with you, and to close out any living spaces you were occupying. Going through your equipment while waiting for the third person (Bhen) made both of you feel better and as frightening as the days events had been, you were both actually relieved that the puzzle pieces of your life seemed to have a purpose and were falling together...
OUT OF CHARACTER
Taedyn & Treye: You can ask any questions you may have had while waiting, but Sixth Rebirth is basically just the horse and carriage for the three of you, so his answers will most likely feel somewhat evasive. You do both have a strong intuition that everything is fine, that this Giant means you no harm and that great forces are at work pulling you together for some "job" that you will be expected to perform in the service if Desna. Bhen: you already know you are on a quest for Irori so this all seems as if everything is going according to plan for you (in a mystical, epic kind of way).

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

greg_BSCIS
BARON
BARON

Re: 1H) Bhen, Taedyn & Treye: On Hallowed Ground

Post by greg_BSCIS » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:55 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
Is there a formal greeting on Golarion or we just use the same from the Forgotten Realms - like "Well met" ;)

cave_lion
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by cave_lion » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:25 am

greg_BSCIS wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
Is there a formal greeting on Golarion or we just use the same from the Forgotten Realms - like "Well met" ;)

Up to you... I haven't run into any specific greetings. Given that there are the sub-races of humans I would not think there is just one common greeting. I have heard talk in some places that people are dumping the "common" and going back to multiple human languages which would really add complexity to the question. I like rules that are simple though, so for my Golarion it will be just common.

Thinking off the top of my head for hello and goodbyes:
"Desna's grace" or "Desna's luck" would be used by some
"Sarenrae's light" or how about "may the dawn of Sarenrae greet you in peace"

eh--could spend a couple days coming up with things--just role play it how you want :)

greg_BSCIS
BARON
BARON

Post by greg_BSCIS » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:38 am

cave_lion wrote: Up to you... I haven't run into any specific greetings. Given that there are the sub-races of humans I would not think there is just one common greeting. I have heard talk in some places that people are dumping the "common" and going back to multiple human languages which would really add complexity to the question. I like rules that are simple though, so for my Golarion it will be just common.

Thinking off the top of my head for hello and goodbyes:
"Desna's grace" or "Desna's luck" would be used by some
"Sarenrae's light" or how about "may the dawn of Sarenrae greet you in peace"

eh--could spend a couple days coming up with things--just role play it how you want :)
OUT OF CHARACTER
For my greeting - I like "Desna's Luck" for hello and May the dawn of Sarenrae greet you in peace" as the goodbye - by the way who or what is Sarenrae? ... lol

cave_lion
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by cave_lion » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:55 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
For my greeting - I like "Desna's Luck" for hello and May the dawn of Sarenrae greet you in peace" as the goodbye - by the way who or what is Sarenrae? ... lol

[/quote]
OUT OF CHARACTER
Sarenrae is another primary deity, The Dawnflower, Goddess of the sun, redemption, honesty, and healing
http://pathfinder.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page is one location that visits the Golarion world, including the religious aspects...

greg_BSCIS
BARON
BARON

Post by greg_BSCIS » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:56 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
I got it - Greeting > "Desna's Luck" - Farewell > "May you always have Freedom" >

greg_BSCIS
BARON
BARON

Post by greg_BSCIS » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:02 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
In a cool and calm voice

Desna's luck Sixth Rebirth, my name is Taedyn and this is Treye. How will our final destination be safe when it is our final destination? Doesn't final mean end? Where are you taking us and should we prepare ourselves?

Benji
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Benji » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:07 pm

Treye allows Taedyn to do all the talking, as she instead looks around the area with interest.
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

cave_lion
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by cave_lion » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:12 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Actually Greg--Sixth Rebirth said the thing about Final Destination right as you were holding hands and Teleporting--so you can feel free to ask those questions but they are probably going to get lost in the swirling gusts of infinity as you fade away to wherever you are going. You are mixing up the timing a bit with how it is posted I think. Basic setup is Taedyn and Treye saw the phantasm of Sixth Rebirth outside of the Temple and entered to meet him on the grounds--where the three of you spent about an hour together. I'm not trying to role play that whole hour--just give you both a chance to ask any pressing questions you think you may have that were not answered. After this hour Bhen shows up and the end of that post occurs where Sixth Rebirth talks about a final destination and asks you to all hold hands...Order is maybe difficult to understand since I put the description out of order chronologically--but with this clarification maybe go back and read that post again and I am hopeful it will make sense.

greg_BSCIS
BARON
BARON

Post by greg_BSCIS » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:22 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Oops - retake. In your description, it stated that he went over the campaign - what exactly did he say? I think that is where I mixed up at - I thought all of our questions were answered at first. Oh well, it happens in table top too :-)

Some questions I can go from there.

1) What kind of things did he tell us about the campaign?

and

2) Is there anything in here that would catch a sorcerer's eye? In this case, eyes. Perhaps I will look on the opposite room of Treye looking around if the campaign has already been discussed... :)

Sorry for the confusion.

cave_lion
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by cave_lion » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:46 pm

Not a problem at all :) It is very easy to get confused with words--especially without the visual and sound cues normal conversation has. That is why I use all the weird punctuation/colors/ and other stuff; to try and make it more interactive like it is live play (distinct from normal fiction).

Sixth Rebirth is a generalist who does not know very much about what is happening except that he was to be at the Temple to meet the three of you as you came in and then transport you to the next place where you are to be meeting with more beings--some of whom will explain what is required of you. He is actually an emissary for Irori (God of history, knowledge, and self- perfection: Bhen's primary deity; and one you both would feel an affinity for given the history/knowledge connection). I am not worrying too much about asking all polite if everyone wants to do this crazy thing--given that you all pretty much have to say yes or the Campaign will fail before it begins. There isn't much role play opportunity there because we all know the answer is going to be Yes, of course I'll leave all you high level entities behind to go try and save the world from a horde of demons and undead... That's what high fantasy is all about!

So anyway, Sixth Rebirth is more about telling you that Pharasma (Goddess of fate and prophecy) has pointed you out as being one of the members of the coming quest. And that Desna or one of here emissaries will be in the next place you are going, to tell you all the details. (this is why I did not provide the link that some of the others got in their posts--but you can feel free to read it now if you haven't already--it will be the basis of the information you will receive to justify sending all of you on the quest--you just won't get it in character until the next step.

The temple is a beautiful, well kept area that appears well lived in (picture a monk's monastery like the ones in Kung Fu with David Carradine). Nothing of interest will draw your attention there although it is quite enjoyable to view...

cave_lion
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by cave_lion » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:34 pm

Comments and Questions from Taedyn
Recap -

1) We know where we are going.
2) We know what we are fighting.
3) We are waiting.
Actually only 3 is fully correct for Taedyn and Treye.
1) Do we know why we are waiting outside of OOC?
Yes, Sixth Rebirth has explained to you that you are waiting for one other person--a monk.
2) Do we know why we are going to where we are going - what is the mission? It is one thing that we are going to fight demons, demi-gods, and undead - it's another thing if we know why we are going and do we know it's a prison.
You don't know about this "in character" yet. Only that "Pharasma (Goddess of fate and prophecy) has pointed you out as being one of the members of a coming quest. And that Desna or one of here emissaries will be in the next place you are going, to tell you all the details."
3) Did they say anything about having to prepared like we are being transported right into the battlefield?
He will assure you that you are safe now and will continue to be safe in his presence and where you are traveling to next.

greg_BSCIS
BARON
BARON

Post by greg_BSCIS » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:29 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
Since everything has been pretty much answered. I will look around the temple with Treye looking for artifacts, relics, runes, etc - two pairs of meticulous eyes and knowledge is better than 1.

cave_lion
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by cave_lion » Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:36 pm

Ok, so we are back to this:
After the introductions, Sixth Rebirth asks all of you to hold hands and says: We are teleporting to your final destination. There--all will be explained to you... And as you all hold hands and Sixth Rebirth speaks the incantation you fade quickly to black...
OUT OF CHARACTER
To be continued in thread #2

greg_BSCIS
BARON
BARON

Post by greg_BSCIS » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:59 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
I take it there was nothing of real interest in the Temple? ... lol

cave_lion
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by cave_lion » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:05 pm

Not for you--you aren't planning on abandoning Desna and converting to being a Monk of Irori are you? :) It is just a monastery in a big city with a Stone Giant sitting in the courtyard (or it was until a few seconds ago when you all left.)

I'm working up the last pieces of the puzzle tonight and tomorrow so don't change that dial!

greg_BSCIS
BARON
BARON

Post by greg_BSCIS » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:37 pm

cave_lion wrote:Not for you--you aren't planning on abandoning Desna and converting to being a Monk of Irori are you? :) It is just a monastery in a big city with a Stone Giant sitting in the courtyard (or it was until a few seconds ago when you all left.)
OUT OF CHARACTER
Nope - bad mojo for the "destined one" ... LOL ... :wink:

I'm working up the last pieces of the puzzle tonight and tomorrow so don't change that dial!
OUT OF CHARACTER
roger

Return to “{PbP} TWLD: Group B”