B2) Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more

Group B
Arpat
Arpat
Arpat

Re: B2) Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more

Post by Arpat » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:57 am

two doors... hm. which one shall we take?

THINKING: why would there be two doors?
Arpat

marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE

Post by marine7312000 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:00 am

Birag pulls his throwing axe from the goblin corpse, taking a knee and saying something under his breath as he does so.

scarymike23
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by scarymike23 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:23 am

Zanice begins bandaging his wounds. Tis just a scratch. Damn mangy wolf bit me right on the thigh. No need to bug Torag about this one... Yet.

Wiping the blood off on his beard, Zanice looks around and says Anyone else wounded enough to need help?
-SM

cave_lion
Divine Rank 17
Divine Rank 17

Post by cave_lion » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:55 pm

greg_BSCIS wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
Taedyn attempts to recover the two arrows that missed.

OUT OF CHARACTER
Taedyn cast detect magic and searches the goblins for magical items. In addition any keys or something that may be of significance.

Kenken what are in the null fields and do the null fields keep the "damaged ones" in? Will the null fields snuff out our lives?
OUT OF CHARACTER
Regarding ranged ammunition like arrows--assume you can recover all of these unless you roll a critical failure on the to-hit. A critical failure is an automatic broken arrow. So you can just track broken ones instead of keeping count as you use them. This assumes someone is spending some of their down time re-fletching/repairing. (added to wiki)

Taedyn detects a faint residual magical aura throughout the room. No specific items that the goblins have are magical and they do not have anything of significance for any of the party members. Well--Nekki may find a few colorful baubles here and there she might grab...

Kenken will fly over to talk with Taedyn The entire prison was, and is soon to be again, surrounded by a null field. This field was designed to keep the damaged ones in the prison. It is not harmful to anyone--it is just a one-way barrier. You can all go through it from this side with no problem. But once through it you will not be able to reverse your steps. It is essentially an entirely separate plane that is mirrored in the space it holds on Golarion. Ertigon did not explain to me how it worked, but she did warn me that I should enter the field by myself, away from everyone else, as entering into the Dungeon will activate my own null field--and this will likely cause a temporary disturbance on the other side of the field. Ertigon suggested I go in first, before anyone else, to make sure no one was caught in this energy disturbance.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Taedyn, while listening to Kenken, is suddenly struck by how quickly he has learned to speak common in a very sophisticated manner in just a few hours--his inflections and mannerisms reflect Treye's method of speech--it would appear that he has been "listening" to Treye's mind to imprint his own with the language...

marine7312000 wrote:Birag pulls his throwing axe from the goblin corpse, taking a knee and saying something under his breath as he does so.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Does Birag intend on keeping the flame active on the axe, or would he like the magic dispelled?

scarymike23 wrote:Zanice begins bandaging his wounds. Tis just a scratch. Damn mangy wolf bit me right on the thigh. No need to bug Torag about this one... Yet.
OUT OF CHARACTER
You may not be aware--there is an added ability to the "heal" skill, which allows you to actually heal minor amounts of damage. At 1st level it is just one point--but hey--that is 1/3 of your damage :) You just need to use your healing kit for the repairs and then roll a DC20 skill check...

scarymike23
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by scarymike23 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:19 am

cave_lion wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
You may not be aware--there is an added ability to the "heal" skill, which allows you to actually heal minor amounts of damage. At 1st level it is just one point--but hey--that is 1/3 of your damage :) You just need to use your healing kit for the repairs and then roll a DC20 skill check...

OUT OF CHARACTER
I am aware. But it takes 1 hour. I assume we don't want to wait an hour before proceeding. If I'm mistaken, let me know and I'll see if I can hit the d20 dc.

-SM

cave_lion
Divine Rank 17
Divine Rank 17

Post by cave_lion » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:50 am

scarymike23 wrote:
cave_lion wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER

OUT OF CHARACTER
I am aware. But it takes 1 hour. I assume we don't want to wait an hour before proceeding. If I'm mistaken, let me know and I'll see if I can hit the d20 dc.

OUT OF CHARACTER
aah--that seems a bit much--but then I am no doctor...ok then--no 1 point for Zanice. On a related note: looks like cure minor wounds has been nixed

cave_lion
Divine Rank 17
Divine Rank 17

Post by cave_lion » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:17 am

scarymike23 wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER

OUT OF CHARACTER
Sitting here thinking I was missing something and it just occurred to me--I did have you guys regroup/have lunch/hang out for about an hour after the last battle (12 to 1)--so go ahead and roll your skill check SM--you can take the 1 point if you make it.

scarymike23
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by scarymike23 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:03 am

cave_lion wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
Sitting here thinking I was missing something and it just occurred to me--I did have you guys regroup/have lunch/hang out for about an hour after the last battle (12 to 1)--so go ahead and roll your skill check SM--you can take the 1 point if you make it.

Heal check to "treat deadly wounds." +11 is 4 wis, 1 rank, +3 for being in class and +3 from magic healers kit. (1d20+11=27)

Zanice does an exceptional job treating his wounds and looks much healthier after lunch.
OUT OF CHARACTER
DC is 20. If you exceed the DC by 5 or more, add your Wisdom modifier (if positive) to this amount. So Zanice heals a total of 5 points (but only needed 3).

-SM

marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE

Post by marine7312000 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:47 am

cave_lion wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
Does Birag intend on keeping the flame active on the axe, or would he like the magic dispelled?

OUT OF CHARACTER
The plan is to keep it, for now at least. This way those in the party without darkvision have a light source without burning through their personal supplies so early in the game. Besides, I like the idea of a half orc with a flaming axe.

cave_lion
Divine Rank 17
Divine Rank 17

Post by cave_lion » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:39 am

Thread continued in B3) Into the Dungeon

Return to “{PbP} TWLD: Group B”