B2C) Treye & Kenken

Group B
cave_lion
Divine Rank 17
Divine Rank 17

B2C) Treye & Kenken

Post by cave_lion » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:22 am

Kenken lands on Treye's shoulder with surprising grace. His weight is significant, and somewhat uncomfortable when he is perched on one side. He is too heavy to comfortably ride on you, unless he straddles your neck--but his flight ability is superb and he seems to fly without any effort at all. As Kenken lands he moves very close to Treye's ear clicking softly (imagine the sound a dolphin makes when "clicking" for sonar readings) until he is so close Treye feels the cool metal of his mouth touching her ear. Kenken then very gently asks you in Celestial if he can bond with you as a familiar.

Benji
DUKE
DUKE

Re: B2C) Treye & Kenken

Post by Benji » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:20 am

Looking surprised, Treye will turn to Kenken and mutely nod her head. THINKING: Wow!
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

cave_lion
Divine Rank 17
Divine Rank 17

Post by cave_lion » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:14 pm

With your affirmative nod Kenken very gently speaks a few more words in Celestial that are clearly a spell component. When he is finished Treye can now "feel" Kenken's presence. He then flies off her shoulder and says We good together yes? I like you much... As he says this he does a circling flight around Treye and then lands to her left side slightly in front of her (which is where he will stay under normal circumstances--walking and flying as needed to keep pace).

Treye is inundated with information as the Empathic Link connects itself.

Here are some relevant highlights of info that will be of immediate interest:
1) Kenken knows which enemies need to be captured by him. There is a small chance he can capture any of the "damaged ones" instantly (similar to a "Banishment" spell). If that fails, the damaged one must be defeated physically and then Kenken can capture the "essence" pretty easily (similar to the spell "Soul Bind"--there is a small chance this could fail.) As Zanice gains levels and power, there are things he can do that will make the process easier.
2) Kenken is quickly learning Common--he already speaks Celestial fluently. He is also linked telepathically with Treye (this type of communication is what Harpsent can do with everyone--which features the "tongues" ability.)
OUT OF CHARACTER
Kenken has become an advanced Familiar for Treye. I will track any damage to him, but Treye can direct him as if he was a Familiar regarding his movement and attacks (he will listen as long as there is no conflict with his alignment)
(The following abilities follow the 1 mile familiar rule)
Special Ability: 60' Darkvision (unlimited use) and/or see through the eyes of Kenken (1 minute per level of Marakast)
Familiar abilities: Share Spells, Empathic Link (improved), Deliver Touch spells
Attacks: He has one melee attack with a short sword; one breath attack (like a golem); and grappling attacks. Treye need only direct Kenken to attack in most cases and he will choose his most appropriate weapon.

cave_lion
Divine Rank 17
Divine Rank 17

Post by cave_lion » Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:03 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Here is an attempt at a .tos sheet for Kenken. Let me know if anything is unclear. I couldn't figure out a few things so did some jury rigging. Couldn't get the low light vision to go into the vision box so just left that and the darkvision in the "INFO" section. Also couldn't get the armsword to reflect bonuses the way I wanted them so I just added those in.
As I said Benji, you can run him as you see fit in many ways--as long as you don't violate his alignment he will work with you very well. Play the two like a team working together--that is how I see them doing it. I am thinking he will pick up a bit on Taedyn's protective nature with Treye and kinda follow his lead with that. Not being overly protective, but focusing on keeping the bad guys away from Treye so she can focus on her spells. He will also assume this role to a lessor degree with Taedyn if he can (given the parallel identities you two are starting out with this seems appropriate). Taedyn is going in a more aggressive direction with his character so this may end up falling by the wayside--we will have to see how it plays out. He will also develop Treye's (and Taedyn's) interest in the bookish stuff as he develops, becoming naturally curious and wanting to absorb and learn when he can...

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Benji
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Benji » Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:46 am

Looks good!

Couple of questions:

1. Will Kenken be gaining levels as we do, or will he be staying as he is?
2. When you say I run him, does this mean that I can (within reason) make him do whatever I want?
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

cave_lion
Divine Rank 17
Divine Rank 17

Post by cave_lion » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:45 pm

updated Kenken tos file

Return to “{PbP} TWLD: Group B”