B3A) Harpsent & Kenken

Group B
cave_lion
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

B3A) Harpsent & Kenken

Post by cave_lion » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:21 pm

Dordolio wrote:THINKING: Harpsent, where do all the doors and tunnel lead to?
Harpsent replies THINKING: Both of these doors lead to the same room sir. I haven't been there for quite a long time, but it was unoccupied the last time I was there. It is a rather large room and was, at one time, the primary entrance into the Dungeon. I have not seen this tunnel before but I would be happy to go inspect it for you?
OUT OF CHARACTER
The tunnel is given a description in the main thread...

Arpat
Arpat
Arpat

Re: B3A) Harpsent

Post by Arpat » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:05 am

THINKING: Thank you Harpsent, checking out the tunnel is a good idea... We have light here from the axe and i can create light if needed. when you check the tunnel take precaution... you never know whats hiding there. kenken is going to check the room and activate his nullthingy... How do we know if it is safe on the other side of the door? When Kenken moves in i guess he will not return here when he has activated his nullfield. So he can't tell us if it's safe. can you get in and out? or communicate with kenken somehow when he is in there?
OUT OF CHARACTER
LOL... we are already in the nullfield. I read this post first and then the new post about passing the nullfield... :-)

Arpat

cave_lion
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by cave_lion » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:54 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Here is an updated rap sheet for Harpsent w/tos file included

Harpsent (Lantern Archon)

Shedding a warm and calming radiance, this orb of light moves with a preternatural silence and otherworldly grace.

Harpsent is name bound, meaning he must be allowed to give his name and also must be given the true birth name of who he is speaking to. Friendly and curious Harpsent gracefully converses with and assists other creatures. He speaks using telepathy--there is no sound on his part and he can read your thoughts as well; so no need to speak out loud to him except for the initial spoken name he requires to ensure that you are trustworthy. His voice is typically that of a staid, well spoken servant. His light fluctuates along with his words or tones, punctuating his speech with sparks of light or gentle pulses. His body is a globe of spiritual purity and pale light. Although he might interact with his surroundings through pure force of will, such interaction proves too weak to help with most physical tasks. He is skilled at evasion and excellent at scouting—at least in areas where strange lights aren't unusual. As lantern archons never sleep or eat, they make excellent watchers and guardians. Although he appears fragile, his form and abilities guard him against most attacks.

Lantern archons always glow, usually as bright as a torch. They have total control over the color of light they shed, and take great pleasure in modulating their colors and brightness in time to music or to entertain other creatures. Harpsent can also adjust his light as a normal action to the light of a candle as desired (or anything in between). In addition, he can produce short bursts of bright light that last for 1 round + 1 rnd/lev (this ability will raise in level with the group). Only death can extinguish his light.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

cave_lion
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by cave_lion » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:50 pm

Harpsent comments on this room as the secret door opens This room used to be where Obligate lived. I haven't seen him in a really long time. Wonder what happened to him? He was the chronicler for Ertigon--and one of the first Damaged Ones. Strangely one of the few that in most cases appeared to be sane as well. He used to write in books; records of all the Damaged Ones, histories of things that happened here and in other places. Ertigon gave him a Crystal Ball to spy on things--to keep him out of trouble and give him something to do... He was nice to me. Looked like a gnome except he had the characteristic blue glowing eyes of a living Damaged One. He might help us if we could find him. I don't think Ertigon would mind if we didn't put him in Kenken--at least until we open the dungeon up.

If we make it that far.

Arpat
Arpat
Arpat

Post by Arpat » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:07 pm

THINKING: You must be one happy light... "if we make it that far..."
Dordolio grinns....
THINKING: where are all those books then?
Arpat

cave_lion
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by cave_lion » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:35 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Arpat--I fixed Harpsent's tos sheet to add the "Bonded" abilities. Thought I had done that but they were missing when I last opened the sheet. So the tos file is a new one as of now...

Return to “{PbP} TWLD: Group B”