[PbP Update] Council of Thieves - PFRPG

You and your fellow adventurers help restore the crumbling honor of Westcrown, fight against a decades-old curse, and do battle with an enemy far more deadly than any simple fiend, all in the hopes of returning a measure of splendor to this long-beset metropolis.
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

[PbP Update] Council of Thieves - PFRPG

Post by Duniagdra » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:24 pm

PbP FORM
Title: Council of Thieves
Brief description:
ImageThrown into chaos after the death of the god Aroden, Cheliax found a new spiritual guide to help tame the resulting lawlessness and destruction—Asmodeus. Dominated today by the Thrice-Damned House of Thrune, Cheliax is a land of inflexible order, like a rigid steel blade tempered in the fires of Hell. It is a land where nobility and virtue take second place to a ruthlessly imposed harmony. It is a place where talks of past glories are only whispered in the dark, where heroic ambitions are kept to oneself, and where normal people strive to blend into the safe anonymity of the crowd. It is here, in the country’s former capital of Westcrown, that the Council of Thieves Adventure Path takes shape.
ImageEven before Aroden’s death, the Council of Thieves had been an open secret in Westcrown. The city’s first (and most successful) thieves’ guild, the Council of Thieves was comprised of members from influential and often noble families in Westcrown. Subtle and content to rest upon the work of past generations, these rich and affluent criminals grew wealthier off of all manner of smuggling, gambling, prostitution, and more nefarious but increasingly white collar crimes. Yet now, insurrection boils within the Council’s inner ranks, and if left to bloom, the resulting coup could engulf all of Westcrown.
ImageIn this Adventure Path, you and your fellow adventurers help restore the crumbling honor of Westcrown, fight against a decades-old curse, and do battle with an enemy far more deadly than any simple fiend, all in the hopes of returning a measure of splendor to this long-beset metropolis.
ImageWe open up with, The Bastards of Erebus, AP#25, the first under the PF RPG CRB.
Rule System: Implements the Pathfinder RPB Core Rulebook (CRB)
Validation Frequency: As often as humanly possible. I like to run a fast-paced PbP. I require ALL applicants to have an ACTIVE SUBSCRIPTION and check in to the site at least every two days. If you miss too many validations, non consecutively, without informing me, you may see your character having a harder time or be asked to drop out if you are unable to maintain activity. I will Validate a minimum of every Tuesday and Friday, regardless of actions posted or not.
Min/Max Number of Players: 6
Start Date: In Progress
Source Books Allowed: PF RPG CRB Also useful to players are the Council of Thieves Player's Guide (Free) and Pathfinder Companion: Cheliax, Empire of Devils (PFRPG) PDF (USD 7.99). In addition to this, I'm allowing use (pending approval) of other PF RPG sources released up to now and any to yet be released.
Classes and Races Allowed: All found in PF RPG CRB other sources released up to now and still to be released (pending approval).
Starting Level of PCs: 1st. Current level, as of 08/01/2010, is 2nd, soon to be 3rd.
Stats Generation: Use the Stat roller as follows:
  • Character Name: Choose your name
  • Campaign Name: Duni's CoT (note: copy and paste this with no space at the end. IC IS Case Sensitive.
  • Type of Stats: D20 (default, don't change)
  • Dice: 4d6.minroll(2).takeHighest(3) (note: copy and paste this with no space at the end.
Do this twice and pick the better set of the two. Don't worry about the order of your scores, as you'll be placing them into your sheet.

Applicants are to submit characters with background in post. Please do not give background in file.
The Character Name and Campaign Name MUST be entered into ALL uses of IC to be counted as valid. If you are unable to roll for one reason or another, please let me know and I will roll for you.
HP will be MAX HD+6 at Level 1, and Half HD plus half for each new level. Ex: If your character has 1d8 for HD, then you would roll 1d4+4.
Leveling will be rolled using IC.
Starting Equipment/Wealth: As defined by class and trait. I will be accepting your roll or the average, whichever is greater. You MUST post the IC link-back of your roll even if the average is better.
Background Information: Background is required as follows:
Character Background, must include your character traits. I'm requiring you each take one region trait and campaign trait and you may also select up to two other traits from two other categories of your choosing.

End Conditions: TPK or completion of 6 module adventure path.
About ME: I am currently the DM for three other PbP Pathfinder campaigns and I play in several other PbP games. I'm as fair as I can be and have been gaming for years.
Notes: A Wiki can be opened for this so Players have a place to record notes, XP & Treasure Awards, secrets, people, places, etc... If a Wiki is opened, This will be the players responsibility, with me having only little to do with it.
Please let me know if you have trouble downloading anything.

Signature: Duniagdra DaaMyour, AKA Jim
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Re: New PbP: Council of Thieves - PFRPG

Post by admin » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:57 pm

If there is space, I'd like a spot. But I'll gladly give it over to a new player with few PbPs under his belt!

Richard

LinusMundane
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Re: New PbP: Council of Thieves - PFRPG

Post by LinusMundane » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:21 pm

same here, im done if youll take me
Image Glugglug; Orcish Paladin of Tyranny
Image Bone Crushnsmash; Fighter of the Bloodthirst School
Image Collin; Monk
Image Nani; Rogue
Image Dwanthor; Hill Dwarf Warlock

gondolin1
Divine Rank 2
Divine Rank 2

Re: New PbP: Council of Thieves - PFRPG [Full B4 Release]

Post by gondolin1 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:33 am

Did I give you my traits? I think I forgot.... Also, do I have to re-roll or did the sheet I sent you seem okay?
Smash the Barbarian says : Save our trees, eat beavers...!

Benji
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Benji » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:17 am

Looks like you're already full, but if anybody drops out then I'm always open for a spot.
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:35 am

Benji wrote:Looks like you're already full, but if anybody drops out then I'm always open for a spot.
Unfortunately, word had gotten out and many of the people playing have not been in PbP games. I gave them slots that are held and I'm already at seven. I was considering having two versions, but that would a lot of work, so I decided to stick to one of 7 players. If I find others interested that have not reserved a spot, then I might consider opening another. But that's a BIG might.

Actually, I'll talk to Richard and shai, and see what they have to say.
Image Image

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:14 am

So, in regards to Region (Cheliax) Traits, Cave_Lion has a spreadsheet uploaded that seems to have the Region traits of Cheliax that you may be interested in looking over if you do not wish to buy the PDF.
Image Image

gondolin1
Divine Rank 2
Divine Rank 2

Post by gondolin1 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:05 pm

Thanks. Also downloaded the generic Paizo traits on their site.

Twiglet
BARON
BARON

Post by Twiglet » Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:30 pm

Anna Conda is a cleric. More details to come.
The URL for the stats is http://invisiblecastle.com/stats/view/22387/
I couldn't figure out how to copy the stats page into this.
Stats for Anna Conda in campaign “Duni's CoT”

Created using the Roll method on 09-Oct-04 02:21.

* STR: 15
* DEX: 16
* CON: 10
* INT: 18
* WIS: 14
* CHA: 14

[link to stats] [link to character]
Formatted Versions
Clicking almost any text on this page will copy it to your clipboard.

Stats
STR 15, DEX 16, CON 10, INT 18, WIS 14, CHA 14
HTML
<a href="invisiblecastle.com/stats/view/22387/">STR 15, DEX 16, CON 10, INT 18, WIS 14, CHA 14</a>
BBCode
STR 15, DEX 16, CON 10, INT 18, WIS 14, CHA 14
Link
invisiblecastle.com/stats/view/22387/
Character
invisiblecastle.com/roller/search/528372
Twiglet
Image Anna Conda Human cleric
Image Elisandra Half Elf cleric
Image Branch Half Elf ranger
Image Artemis Half Elf paladin

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:04 pm

I'm sorry, I thought I specified. This link that you are to copy and paste is the BBCode link. It's at the bottom where all the links are at. The BBCode link is for here in the forum, but the Link link is what I'd like for you to past into the TOS+ character sheet, in the xp worksheet.
Image Image

Twiglet
BARON
BARON

Post by Twiglet » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:16 pm

Here is Anna Conda's TOS. I am still thinking about background and need to spend some more time in the books. Please let me know if there is a problem with my TOS and I will repair and resend. Chow.

OUT OF CHARACTER
Note: While sheet looks good, I ask that in the future you only use your character name in the character name field and only the campaign name in the campaign name field and always under your IC User Name. I use this for a blank search as this is how I make my validations. If you enter other text into either of these fields, it invalidates the roll. Not saying that you did anything wrong, just saying so it's said. When I tried searching by Duni's CoT or Anna Conda, I came up flat until I searched by your IC UN.

Duni

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Duniagdra on Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Made some ajustments to tos file.
Twiglet
Image Anna Conda Human cleric
Image Elisandra Half Elf cleric
Image Branch Half Elf ranger
Image Artemis Half Elf paladin

gondolin1
Divine Rank 2
Divine Rank 2

Post by gondolin1 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:02 pm

Meet Rundorig Lartzen.

Imagine a younger Lance Erikson (Aliens era)
Serious, hard working. Dead mother. Father a carpenter in Westpool. He left there after Rundorig's mother died.
Now, he lives alone in the old family home. His main interest is spending time with Kilburn, a smith. Lately, Kilburn's daughter, Zubrette has taken a liking to Rundorig, although he seems not to notice. Kilburn would approve of this relationship, were Rundorig to say something, anything. But he is the quiet type, which is good for the kind of job he has. A ranger, ever watchful in the city, trying to find out what is wrong in Westcrown.

6 Feet tall, 185 pounds, sandy brown hair and eyes.
Combat trait : anatomist. Spent time with his uncle on his mother's side who taught at uiversity
Campaign trait : Wescrown firebrand. Ever ready to help the meek, the downtrodden, the average joe, not expecting anything in return.

Rundoring leaves nothing to chance and wants to know and do it all. Equally adept with the scimitar and the bow, he stalks the streets at night to hunt evil in the city. The watch be damned! They only interveene if something is in it for them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:46 am

I only have two PCs posted here. Do I still have my six players that I've reserved a spot for? If so, I want your characters NOW! We're waiting on you.

I'm still waiting on LinusMundane, PowerRonguer, and Phoenik+Wife. I'll wait one more week before opening this up to others and filling your spots. This time next Monday, I will be looking for players, so those of you above will then be competing with anyone else. First to fill the slots are the ones to play.
Image Image

LinusMundane
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by LinusMundane » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:05 am

Duni, I apologize when you said full before release i didnt think i got in. I will have something for you in a couple hours.
Image Collin; Monk
Image Nani; Rogue

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:10 am

LinusMundane wrote:Duni, I apologize when you said full before release i didnt think i got in. I will have something for you in a couple hours.
That's what Full B4 Release means. That all spots have been reserved.
Image Image

LinusMundane
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by LinusMundane » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:22 am

Stat Roll:
STR 12, DEX 17, CON 15, INT 14, WIS 12, CHA 12

Nani Silentfoot(Human Rogue)

Nani always strives to be the best, she is strong willed, thickheaded and good at what she does. A simple cutpurse? Never her. Her ultimate goal is to lead the thieves guild, but she knows she has much to accomplish, skills to hone...and people to off on her way to the top. Trained by the best to be the best, she started her career early in life, her girlish charms paying dividends in some of the most uncertain circumstances because people trust her face, the face of an angel. Who suspects a 16 year old girl with blue eyes and blonde hair is going to steal their gold, or slit their throats? A lot more people do now than a year ago, but not enough as should.

Please add Child of the Streets and Dirty Fighter Traits to your copy, I forgot to add them before I uploaded.

Nani Silentfoot (level 1).tos
Last edited by LinusMundane on Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Collin; Monk
Image Nani; Rogue

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:19 pm

Twiglet wrote:Here is Anna Conda's TOS. I am still thinking about background and need to spend some more time in the books. Please let me know if there is a problem with my TOS and I will repair and resend. Chow.

OUT OF CHARACTER
Note: While sheet looks good, I ask that in the future you only use your character name in the character name field and only the campaign name in the campaign name field and always under your IC User Name. I use this for a blank search as this is how I make my validations. If you enter other text into either of these fields, it invalidates the roll. Not saying that you did anything wrong, just saying so it's said. When I tried searching by Duni's CoT or Anna Conda, I came up flat until I searched by your IC UN.

Duni

I'm in need of your background please. I'm looking to get threads started that will bring everyone to where they need to be for this to begin.
Image Image

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:33 pm

gondolin1 wrote:Meet Rundorig Lartzen.

Imagine a younger Lance Erikson (Aliens era)
Serious, hard working. Dead mother. Father a carpenter in Westpool. He left there after Rundorig's mother died.
Now, he lives alone in the old family home. His main interest is spending time with Kilburn, a smith. Lately, Kilburn's daughter, Zubrette has taken a liking to Rundorig, although he seems not to notice. Kilburn would approve of this relationship, were Rundorig to say something, anything. But he is the quiet type, which is good for the kind of job he has. A ranger, ever watchful in the city, trying to find out what is wrong in Westcrown.

6 Feet tall, 185 pounds, sandy brown hair and eyes.
Combat trait : anatomist. Spent time with his uncle on his mother's side who taught at uiversity
Campaign trait : Wescrown firebrand. Ever ready to help the meek, the downtrodden, the average joe, not expecting anything in return.

Rundoring leaves nothing to chance and wants to know and do it all. Equally adept with the scimitar and the bow, he stalks the streets at night to hunt evil in the city. The watch be damned! They only interveene if something is in it for them.
I'm having a problem with this character. The rolls I find on IC do not match what is in the sheet.
There are no traits selected. Please read my announcement and make corrections. If you are unsure about how to add traits that are not in TOS+, then give me the name and source and I will add it.

This character is not approved.
Image Image

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:42 pm

LinusMundane wrote:Stat Roll:

Nani always strives to be the best, she is strong willed, thickheaded and good at what she does. A simple cutpurse? Never her. Her ultimate goal is to lead the thieves guild, but she knows she has much to accomplish, skills to hone...and people to off on her way to the top. Trained by the best to be the best, she started her career early in life, her girlish charms paying dividends in some of the most uncertain circumstances because people trust her face, the face of an angel. Who suspects a 16 year old girl with blue eyes and blonde hair is going to steal their gold, or slit their throats? A lot more people do now than a year ago, but not enough as should.

Please add Child of the Streets and Dirty Fighter Traits to your copy, I forgot to add them before I uploaded.

I'm not happy with seeing two sets of stat rolls for this character two minutes apart, but being as the first roll is what is in the sheet, all is good.
This character is missing traits. Please return to the Announcement post and read about traits required.

Character Pending.
Image Image

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:48 pm

Twiglet wrote:Here is Anna Conda's TOS. I am still thinking about background and need to spend some more time in the books. Please let me know if there is a problem with my TOS and I will repair and resend. Chow.

OUT OF CHARACTER

Duni

Twiglet, do you only want two traits for your character? Also, the two traits you've chosen cannot both be taken. You MUST have one Region Trait and one Campaign Trait and are allowed up to two other traits. All traits must be of different categories.

Other than that and above, character is good.

Approval pending.
Image Image

LinusMundane
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by LinusMundane » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:02 pm

Duniagdra wrote:
LinusMundane wrote:Stat Roll:

I'm not happy with seeing two sets of stat rolls for this character two minutes apart, but being as the first roll is what is in the sheet, all is good.
This character is missing traits. Please return to the Announcement post and read about traits required.

Character Pending.

Duni...are you kidding about the stat rolls?
Dice: 4d6.minroll(2).takeHighest(3) (note: copy and paste this with no space at the end.
Do this twice and pick the better set of the two. Don't worry about the order of your scores, as you'll be placing them into your sheet.
In my post where the sheet is attached I asked you to just add 2 traits to the sheet, I forgot to add them before upload. I will look at the region traits and work that out.
Image Collin; Monk
Image Nani; Rogue

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:09 pm

LinusMundane wrote:Duni...are you kidding about the stat rolls?
Dice: 4d6.minroll(2).takeHighest(3) (note: copy and paste this with no space at the end.
In my post where the sheet is attached I asked you to just add 2 traits to the sheet, I forgot to add them before upload. I will look at the region traits and work that out.
Huh. I forgot about that part. Silly me.
Image Image

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:36 pm

As of now, the classes being submitted are cleric, ranger, and rogue.
Image Image

LinusMundane
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by LinusMundane » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:39 pm

Image Collin; Monk
Image Nani; Rogue

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:20 pm

One more thing I need from everyone is a character token. Any image will do that you fell represents your character.
Image Image

LinusMundane
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by LinusMundane » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:23 pm

Female2.png
Image Collin; Monk
Image Nani; Rogue

Phoenik
BARON
BARON

Post by Phoenik » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:21 am

We ARE coming, just need to build the sheets. Should be in tonight or tomorrow.

Currently working on a female half-elf paladin and a male human monk.
Image Tanda - Human Monk
Image Retem Omena - Half-Elf Bard

PowerRongeur
BARON
BARON

Post by PowerRongeur » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:22 am

Meet Ricky Van Demsy

Ricky is the son of an elf diplomat who was killed for knowing too much. Ricky spent the last few decades in the poorer neighbourhood trying to bring the system down for what it did to his parents. He makes a living selling stuff he finds in the streets, be it in someone's purse or in trash heaps.

He's always looking for the right group of person to help him bring the system down.

Elf, Thief
STR 14, DEX 16, CON 15, INT 13, WIS 9, CHA 9
OUT OF CHARACTER
Let me know if you can't read the TOS. It should be alright. The traits are listed with the feats.

Famous Last Words: "No more healing? Let's go in anyways!"

PowerRongeur
BARON
BARON

Post by PowerRongeur » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:59 am

Also, where do you find tokens or where can you make them?
Famous Last Words: "No more healing? Let's go in anyways!"

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:48 am

PowerRongeur wrote:Also, where do you find tokens or where can you make them?
You can look here: http://gallery.rptools.net/v/contrib/
But any image you can fine anywhere that you feel represents your character will be fine as long as it is an image (jpg, png, bmp, gif, etc).

I'll convert them into tokens if they are not already.
Image Image

Return to “{PbP} Council of Thieves {Pathfinder} [FULL][ON HOLD]”