CoT: Bastards of Erebus - The Sewers

You and your fellow adventurers help restore the crumbling honor of Westcrown, fight against a decades-old curse, and do battle with an enemy far more deadly than any simple fiend, all in the hopes of returning a measure of splendor to this long-beset metropolis.
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

CoT: Bastards of Erebus - The Sewers

Post by Duniagdra » Mon May 17, 2010 10:26 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
There's chances we may be returning to this thread during the life of this campaign. I will keep it orderly as possible.

I've placed you on the map. Let me know If positions are good, BUT MAKE SURE YOU POST YOUR ACTION TOO. No position comment will assume you're okay with where you're at. No action posted, then it's assumed you take no action.

I'm currently waiting on a token for Harman and I think his level 1 version. I'm only seeing his level 2 version.

Each of you take your turn climbing sown the ladder, Kieder carrying his dog with him. Jan lights a pair of hooded lamps and passes one to one of you while she hangs on to the other. The section you're in is not actually part of the sewers, but a tunnel dug out from under the tavern. Even still, the fragrance of the sewers still reaches here. The last one down, Jan pulls the trap door shut and bolts it from her side. Before heading off, she stops and slides away a rock, revealing a cubbyhole. She removes some vials from it.
Here. Take these. They're curing potions. They don't heal much damage, but better than nothing. She passes out the potions, three to each of you, and takes a few herself.
Stay alert! There's all kinds of nasty things in here. She lights the lamps and leads you to a dead end. With a push, the wall slides away and the real odor of the sewers hit you.

The sewer is five feet high, so many of you need to duck, but it otherwise does not hamper you movement or action. Where you're at, the sewer is fifteen feet wide, and the sewage flows in a canal taking up two thirds of that. The ledge you're on is about an inch higher than the sewage. From all the moisture, and occasions of high flow levels, the ledges are slick with slime and mold, but not so much that you can't move at a hurried rate, which Jan forces you to. After leaving the access tunnel and getting some ways down, she quickly leads you down another branch, then again turns and turns again. Soon the group of you have no clue where she's led you or where she's leading you, or even where under the city you could be.

The tunnels of the sewers creates an all over echo, so occasionally you think you hear the hellknights not far off and from many directions. Watching her, you notice occasionally that she looks to the wall or ledge and continues. Suddenly, without warning, you reach a four-way intersection and are hit with an annoying shrieking.
Ah crap! Jan says as she covers her hears. Shriekers! We have to kill these things before they attract something else!
  1. Round 1:
  2. Olo
  3. Jan
  4. Anna
  5. Kara
  6. Run
  7. Harman
  8. Keider
  9. Moro
  10. Shrieker
Drawing her bow, Jan slips up the north tunnel and shoots. Ranged Attack Damage vs Shrieker (1d20+7=16, 1d8=3)
  • Conditions/Effects:
    • Illumination - Hooded lamps, held by Jan and Kara.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image

gondolin1
Divine Rank 2
Divine Rank 2

Re: CoT: Bastards of Erebus - The Sewers

Post by gondolin1 » Mon May 17, 2010 10:46 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
I see myself on the map but not in the Ini roster. When am I up? Also, duni, I will pm you. Lots of stuff going on on my end from surgery to renovations and com problems. Eegads! Sorry, everyone, for slowing things down. It won't happen again. For now Run has bow at the ready.

Smash the Barbarian says : Save our trees, eat beavers...!

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Mon May 17, 2010 12:08 pm

gondolin1 wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
I see myself on the map but not in the Ini roster. When am I up? Also, duni, I will pm you. Lots of stuff going on on my end from surgery to renovations and com problems. Eegads! Sorry, everyone, for slowing things down. It won't happen again. For now Run has bow at the ready.

OUT OF CHARACTER
Not sure how I missed putting you in there, but now you are.

Image Image

kabkal
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6

Post by kabkal » Mon May 17, 2010 11:18 pm

Olo will move up to G19, rage and power attack with powerful blow on shrieker 2.
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image BART 1173: Andriod/Pisterol
ImageDM of We Just Stopped Here...
Image Gerbull: Tortle Barbarian

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Tue May 18, 2010 8:46 am

kabkal wrote:Olo will move up to G19, rage and power attack with powerful blow on shrieker 2.
OUT OF CHARACTER
I just pulled up this character in TOS+ and it's missing a feat. There's two selected, four traits, and two flaws. Let me know the extra feat. Not sure where I missed that before.

Also, I'm showing a +5 to attack with range, power attack, and powerful blow active. What am I missing that you have +7?

Image Image

The Hunter
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by The Hunter » Tue May 18, 2010 8:48 am

Karadlon moves up to H23 and with his free hand casts Acid Splash at Shrieker #1.

Ranged Touch Attack vs. Shrieker #1 (1d20+3=17, 1d3=3)
OUT OF CHARACTER
Apologies. Didn't realize till after rolling had to put the "Ranged Touch Attack vs. Shrieker #1" in the notes box in IC :? Still catching on, sorry.

Image Kaladron Daladar-Elf Wizard 2/Fighter 1
Image Daglaron-Elan Psion-Wizard 3/Cerebremancer-Druid 4/Psion-Arcane Hierophant 3
Image Ryder-Halfling Cavalier 4
Image Scorpius Black-Human Rogue 4

gondolin1
Divine Rank 2
Divine Rank 2

Post by gondolin1 » Tue May 18, 2010 6:55 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
If possible, Rundorig will move to K22 and fire an arrow at shrieker 1

BBCode
Using shortbow with deadly aim : -1 to attack, +2 damage (1d20+4=22, 1d6+2=6)

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Tue May 18, 2010 7:10 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Waiting on action from Anna as the above attacks complete the encounter, but only if Anna gets out of Kara's way.

Image Image

The Hunter
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by The Hunter » Tue May 18, 2010 8:27 pm

Duniagdra wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
Waiting on action from Anna as the above attacks complete the encounter, but only if Anna gets out of Kara's way.

OUT OF CHARACTER
Was I unable to move to H23?

Image Daglaron-Elan Psion-Wizard 3/Cerebremancer-Druid 4/Psion-Arcane Hierophant 3

Twiglet
BARON
BARON

Post by Twiglet » Tue May 18, 2010 9:50 pm

Anna double moves to K23.
Twiglet
Image Anna Conda Human cleric
Image Elisandra Half Elf cleric
Image Branch Half Elf ranger
Image Artemis Half Elf paladin

kabkal
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6

Post by kabkal » Tue May 18, 2010 10:57 pm

Duniagdra wrote:
kabkal wrote:Olo will move up to G19, rage and power attack with powerful blow on shrieker 2.
OUT OF CHARACTER
I just pulled up this character in TOS+ and it's missing a feat. There's two selected, four traits, and two flaws. Let me know the extra feat. Not sure where I missed that before.

Also, I'm showing a +5 to attack with range, power attack, and powerful blow active. What am I missing that you have +7?

OUT OF CHARACTER
I think you missed the rage, that adds an additional 2.

Also, I have my guy with Power Attack, Wpn Focus: Great Sword, Cleave as feats. So I think I have the correct number of feats. Do I still need one more?

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Tue May 18, 2010 11:27 pm

kabkal wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER

Also, I have my guy with Power Attack, Wpn Focus: Great Sword, Cleave as feats. So I think I have the correct number of feats. Do I still need one more?

OUT OF CHARACTER
For the feats, I seem to be missing Cleave. I'll add that, which does nothing in TOS+ other than the -2 to AC when used.

For your attack, you have a Base attack/damage of +4 to the MW Greatsword. Rage changes that to +6/+7. Powerful Blow adds +1 to damage, +6/+8. Power Attack is -1/+3 for attack/damage +5/+11. I'm still looking for where you get +7/+11. Looks to me like you have an error some place.

Image Image

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Tue May 18, 2010 11:42 pm

Duniagdra wrote:
kabkal wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER

OUT OF CHARACTER
For the feats, I seem to be missing Cleave. I'll add that, which does nothing in TOS+ other than the -2 to AC when used.

For your attack, you have a Base attack/damage of +4 to the MW Greatsword. Rage changes that to +6/+7. Powerful Blow adds +1 to damage, +6/+8. Power Attack is -1/+3 for attack/damage +5/+11. I'm still looking for where you get +7/+11. Looks to me like you have an error some place.

OUT OF CHARACTER
If Olo charges, that would add +2 more to attack, which might be where he got it.

Harman draws his bow and begins casting.
SpoilerShow
He is casting Mage Armor on himself.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Image Kolgu 'Sparky' Dermott: Android Rogue/Wizard
Image Garrick Cae'Sarr: Human Bard
Image Hormy Noodzo: Goblin Hunter

kabkal
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6

Post by kabkal » Wed May 19, 2010 12:05 am

Duniagdra wrote:
kabkal wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER

OUT OF CHARACTER

OUT OF CHARACTER
Here is how I have things calculated (OK TOS+ has calculated0, please tell me if I have something wrong:
+1 BAB
+3 STR
+1 MW
+1 Weapon Focus
+2 Rage
-1 Power Attack
+7 Total

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Wed May 19, 2010 8:32 am

shai-hulud wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
If Olo charges, that would add +2 more to attack, which might be where he got it.

Harman draws his bow and begins casting.
SpoilerShow
He is casting Mage Armor on himself.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Charging has no effect on Ranged Touch spells as far as I know, do they?

kabkal wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
Here is how I have things calculated (OK TOS+ has calculated0, please tell me if I have something wrong:
+1 BAB
+3 STR
+1 MW
+1 Weapon Focus
+2 Rage
-1 Power Attack
+7 Total

OUT OF CHARACTER
Off the bat, I'm seeing that the MW property is not adding in for me, and I'm not seeing why in TOS+. Also, Weapon Focus is not adding in either for what I see. So that would make up Your +2 difference. I'm not going to figure this out now, or here. I'll move this issue to another thread and temporarily add a 2 adjustment to the weapon slot.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Image

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Wed May 19, 2010 8:55 am

TOS+ is correct as usual. He has the Noncombatant Flaw. That gives a -2 to all melee attacks.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Image Kolgu 'Sparky' Dermott: Android Rogue/Wizard
Image Garrick Cae'Sarr: Human Bard
Image Hormy Noodzo: Goblin Hunter

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Wed May 19, 2010 10:24 am

shai-hulud wrote:TOS+ is correct as usual. He has the Noncombatant Flaw. That gives a -2 to all melee attacks.
OUT OF CHARACTER
CRAP! See. I knew there was something obvious I was overlooking. :D Thanks. I was right and kabkal was wrong. :P :P Just bustin. I'll be posting an update none-the-less. No more commenting on this please.

Image Image

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Wed May 19, 2010 11:27 am

1. Round 1:
  2. Olo
  3. Jan
  4. Anna
  5. Kara
  6. Run
  7. Harman
  8. Keider
  9. Moro
  10. Shrieker
Duniagdra wrote:Drawing her bow, Jan slips up the north tunnel and shoots. Ranged Attack Damage vs Shrieker (1d20+7=16, 1d8=3)
(Shrieker 2, 3 Damage)
Waiting for Jan to clear his way, Olo move in to get personal with Shrieker 2. A casual chop with his greatsword sends the shrieker toppling into the sewage. (Shrieker 2, Dead)
Twiglet wrote:Anna double moves to K23.
Feeling a nudge from behind, Anna clears a path from Kara and Run to get in there.
gondolin1 wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
If possible, Rundorig will move to K22 and fire an arrow at shrieker 1

BBCode
Using shortbow with deadly aim : -1 to attack, +2 damage (1d20+4=22, 1d6+2=6)
Run adjusts his position to make sure his team behind him has a chance to so something, and from this position shoots at the remaining shrieker with his bow. (Shrieker 1, 6 Damage)
Morosino gets out of the way.
The Hunter wrote:Karadlon moves up to H23 and with his free hand casts Acid Splash at Shrieker #1.

Ranged Touch Attack vs. Shrieker #1 (1d20+3=17, 1d3=3)
OUT OF CHARACTER
Apologies. Didn't realize till after rolling had to put the "Ranged Touch Attack vs. Shrieker #1" in the notes box in IC :? Still catching on, sorry.

With the path clear, Kara moves closer and reaches toward the shrieker with a hand and a plume of acid sprays forth, crossing the sewage canal and covering the fungal thing. The acid burns at it and it soon begins to smoke until it's stalk grows too week to support it. The fungus tumbles into the sewage. (Shrieker 1, Dead)

1. Round 2:
  2. Goblins
  3. Jan
  4. Olo
  5. Anna
  6. Run
  7. Harman
  8. Keider
  9. Moro
  10. Kara
The sound of shrieks and foot falls soon echo from a tunnel west of you and soo you see goblins rushing around the corner.
  • Conditions/Effects:
    • Illumination - Hooded lamps, held by Jan and Kara.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Current Sewer Stats: Canal - 10' wide, 3' deep. Ledge - 2.5' wide. Ceiling - 5' high from ledge.
Anyone taller than 5' is slouched, but is otherwise unhindered.
Passing is impossible. There is only enough room for a single person to occupy or pass through any square on a ledge.
Please pay close attention to Initiative order and the posted actions of those already posted. What I'm saying is please DO NOT just make a quick read though of what's going on. This only messes things up. Read my validation in full, and the posts of anyone who has posted after me, but before you and match those actions to the initiative.

Image Image

kabkal
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6

Post by kabkal » Wed May 19, 2010 6:16 pm

Duniagdra wrote:
shai-hulud wrote:TOS+ is correct as usual. He has the Noncombatant Flaw. That gives a -2 to all melee attacks.
OUT OF CHARACTER
CRAP! See. I knew there was something obvious I was overlooking. :D Thanks. I was right and kabkal was wrong. :P :P Just bustin. I'll be posting an update none-the-less. No more commenting on this please.

OUT OF CHARACTER
OK, I know you said no more commenting, but I have to defend myself :D . I think Shai is looking at an old sheet or something, I do not have the noncombatant flaw (at least on the sheet I am using). I have the feeble flaw and the poor reflexes flaw. These do not effect the attack, so I still have a +7 according to TOS+. NOW, that is the last of commenting :thumb1:

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Wed May 19, 2010 6:40 pm

kabkal wrote:
Duniagdra wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER

OUT OF CHARACTER
OK, I know you said no more commenting, but I have to defend myself :D . I think Shai is looking at an old sheet or something, I do not have the noncombatant flaw (at least on the sheet I am using). I have the feeble flaw and the poor reflexes flaw. These do not effect the attack, so I still have a +7 according to TOS+. NOW, that is the last of commenting :thumb1:

OUT OF CHARACTER
Well, now this clearly commits me to commenting as the version you sent me is exactly as the image above indicates, with the noncombatant flaw selected. But if you've changed that, and not told me, then I need to update my copy, because you did send me your character with the noncombatant and inattentive flaws, not what you say above. I'll update my copy to match. I recommend you not make any further changes as your character will be deemed invalid and you'll be a new character made from scratch by me.

Image Image

gondolin1
Divine Rank 2
Divine Rank 2

Post by gondolin1 » Thu May 20, 2010 5:37 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
Current Sewer Stats:
Canal - 10' wide : check
3' deep : re-check
Ledge - 2.5' wide : checkeroo.
Ceiling - 5' high from ledge : and double check.

My question should one decide to cross the sewer (ick) : How far below the level of the ledge is the «water»? Would you have to jump or climb down into the water? I am also assuming a climb check would be required to climb back up?

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Thu May 20, 2010 7:37 am

gondolin1 wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
Current Sewer Stats:
Canal - 10' wide : check
3' deep : re-check
Ledge - 2.5' wide : checkeroo.
Ceiling - 5' high from ledge : and double check.

My question should one decide to cross the sewer (ick) : How far below the level of the ledge is the «water»? Would you have to jump or climb down into the water? I am also assuming a climb check would be required to climb back up?

OUT OF CHARACTER
Good question. That slipped by me. There is a 1 inch gap between the ledge and the canal. The sewage flow is steady, but not too strong. Movement in the sewage canal is 1:4 against the flow, 1:2 with it, requires acrobatics check with each movement to prevent slipping on the canal floor. Also, it's easily visible that this is sewage as "things" continue to float past.

Image Image

kabkal
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6

Post by kabkal » Thu May 20, 2010 9:55 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
Well, now this clearly commits me to commenting as the version you sent me is exactly as the image above indicates, with the noncombatant flaw selected. But if you've changed that, and not told me, then I need to update my copy, because you did send me your character with the noncombatant and inattentive flaws, not what you say above. I'll update my copy to match. I recommend you not make any further changes as your character will be deemed invalid and you'll be a new character made from scratch by me.

OUT OF CHARACTER
I realized what happened. When I first did the flaws I rolled a d12, not a d13. I rerolled and posted a new Olo on May 6th in the other thread. It appears he has not been downloaded. Would you like me to repost, or do you just want to grab from that old post? Sorry for the confusion, but I did post as requested originally.

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Thu May 20, 2010 12:29 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
No. Let's return this thread back to topic. Next post MUST be a character action. As of now I need to read back to see if anything was missed or forgotten by me.

Image Image

kabkal
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6

Post by kabkal » Thu May 20, 2010 2:14 pm

Once Jan has gone, Olo will try to jump from one ledge to the other so he can engage the goblins.
OUT OF CHARACTER
I am not sure what rolls I would need to accomplish this, so please feel free to roll for me so I do not hold things up. I do have a 30' move rate.

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Thu May 20, 2010 4:02 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
I have one action. Waiting on the rest.

Image Image

The Hunter
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by The Hunter » Thu May 20, 2010 4:27 pm

Karadlon will hold his initiative till Keider-Paol and Harman move up closer so as to not run off with their light source.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Don't want to move or fire off any spells till the rest of the group acts since I'm last in initiativ.

Twiglet
BARON
BARON

Post by Twiglet » Thu May 20, 2010 6:13 pm

Delay for Run's action
Twiglet
Image Anna Conda Human cleric
Image Elisandra Half Elf cleric
Image Branch Half Elf ranger
Image Artemis Half Elf paladin

gondolin1
Divine Rank 2
Divine Rank 2

Post by gondolin1 » Thu May 20, 2010 6:42 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Run will fire an arrow at the first goblin in line. Once the critters close in, he will switch to melee. After my shot, I will take a five foot step to L22 if Ana or anyone else wants to move accross the bridge.

BBCode
Repeat attack mode with -1 to hit and +2 damage. (1d20+4=6, 1d6+2=3)
OUT OF CHARACTER
Oh well,good thing we don't use the fumble deck by Paizo.... :lol:

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Thu May 20, 2010 6:45 pm

gondolin1 wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
Oh well,good thing we don't use the fumble deck by Paizo.... :lol:

It's in consideration. :wink: