CoT: Bastards of Erebus - The Sewers

You and your fellow adventurers help restore the crumbling honor of Westcrown, fight against a decades-old curse, and do battle with an enemy far more deadly than any simple fiend, all in the hopes of returning a measure of splendor to this long-beset metropolis.
kabkal
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6

Re: CoT: Bastards of Erebus - The Sewers

Post by kabkal » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:39 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
You're looking at your 2nd level character. No one is 2nd level. You should all be 1st level unless you can show me where I told you to level.

For healing, I did point out that when entering the sewers, Jan gave you each three potions of CLW. Please, I need you guys to keep better track of what goes on here. If you need, feel free to maintain a thread for notes if one does not exist already. There is a wiki, I need to remind, for this game. At least I believe there was one started.

[/quote]
OUT OF CHARACTER
:roll: :oops: :roll: I see what I did. When cleaning up my characters I just went with the highest level of each into my active folder. Not thinking about creating a 2nd level char and having to drop it down. I have fixed this and will use my 1st level char from now on. Sorry, for the mistake.

Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image BART 1173: Andriod/Pisterol
ImageDM of We Just Stopped Here...
Image Gerbull: Tortle Barbarian

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:57 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
Okay people. Which way were we going again? Your options are to follow Jan's prescribed route of heading north along the west wall, or disregarding that and following the alternate route she took.

Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image

gondolin1
Divine Rank 2
Divine Rank 2

Post by gondolin1 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:41 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
This is my bad I think. I looked at the superb map and saw our guide in the upper-right corner and misunderstood the instructions. Who am I to argue with our guide. So belay what I said and see me heading west and north.

Smash the Barbarian says : Save our trees, eat beavers...!

UnknownDobo
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by UnknownDobo » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:49 pm

Anna seems to be in a state of shock, following the rest of the group with her sword readieid in her hand but it seems as though the events over the last couple of hours have started to get to her.

Unknown Dobo
Cause you know, when you've been doboed.
http://www.unknowndodo.co.uk

The Hunter
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by The Hunter » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:58 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
Following the guide's recommended route. West and north.

Image Kaladron Daladar-Elf Wizard 2/Fighter 1
Image Daglaron-Elan Psion-Wizard 3/Cerebremancer-Druid 4/Psion-Arcane Hierophant 3
Image Ryder-Halfling Cavalier 4
Image Scorpius Black-Human Rogue 4

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:49 am

In orderly fashion, the five of you follow the western ledge north only to find there's no way to cross one of the openings. Karadlon happens to be looking to the wall beside Olo when he notices something there, under a patch of mold.

Hey, I found something.

It seems that Run, in a hurry to get out of the stink, overlooked one of the markings. You head west down the canal and continue following the markings. When you hear the sound of fighting past a corner, you close the hooded lantern Anna's carrying and take a peek. It's seven knights of the rack and they're fighting a huge Otyugh. It has two other knights in it's tentacles and uses one of them to bash another knight into the canal. This knight quickly sinks from his armor weighing him down and the otyugh submerges the other held knight. The one still above the water in it's grasp soon meets it's open maw as the creature bites into the knight, tearing his upper chest plate free and swallowing his head, helmet and all.

Andre! No! you hear one of the knights yell.

The otyugh then drops this limp body and lashes out at the knights again. It's an intense struggle as the creature seems to have them boxed in. That's not your issue though. You're just feeling glad you hadn't run into this thing. You continue on, following the markers when they appear and turning when you need to. The intersections are marked with placards giving the street names above but none of you are familiar with this part of the city. You only know you're heading into a more abandoned section.

Soon enough, but not as soon as you had hoped, Keider spots a marker pointing up. There's six iron rungs in the wall and an iron grate above. You begin to climb and slowly push the great free.

You're standing in an alley now. To the west is a street and to the east the building comes out in a semi-circular structure. The alley wall is filthy. Splitting up, those checking to the east find that the alley extends past another building about twenty feet from this building. It leads to another street eventually. There's no activity at this end. To the east, you look and the street is empty. You see to the south, a small flight of three steps to a set of tall doors. The buildings here are in need of work. In the alley, the building south of you has a double door. Examining the door, you find, ever so faintly, the etching of two swords crossing in a "X".

With a moment's hesitation, Keider knocks on the door. After a moment, you hear a latch click and the door opens, barely. You see Jan peeking through. She smiles and opens the door to let you in. Inside, you find the temple is nothing like it indicates from outside. It's clean and well maintained. She notices you noticing this and responds.

Leaving the exterior to match the other buildings keeps this unremarkable, and gives no reason for others to be curious. Because of laws forbidding the looting and selling of things from temples and shrine, all of them, the hellknights, and others, have no reason for entering and never have yet.

What took you so long though? When I left, you had them zombies well managed. The way I went was much longer. I expected you to beat me here.

You begin telling her about the otyugh and the knights and she just smiles. Laggie. She's been there a long time. That's one of her favorite spots. We steer clear of that canal at all cost. I understand the curiosity, but next time, it's best you not stay to watch and just keep moving unless it's a fellow resistance fighter.

Making a face after picking up the smell from you, she adds, Come, get changed. You can wash up yourselves and your gear and get something to eat too. Let me introduce you to the others. Everyone! Come meet are newest recruits! A small group of people begin to gather and one at a time she introduces you to them. She then promptly shews you off to freshen up.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Time to level. You should all be second level with 2400 XP. 3rd level is at 3300 XP.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Image

The Hunter
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by The Hunter » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:54 pm

While Karadlon is cleaning up and looking over his injuries he thinks back at the escape through the sewers and all that transpired. THINKING: Always wanted to put my magic and blade to good use. But, after that trip...I really need to learn and train more...I'll learn to blend the two...and put it to good use...

He think of how to split his time between the training of swordplay and magic as he finishes up and thinks back on the companions he met and tries to assess each of them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by The Hunter on Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Kaladron Daladar-Elf Wizard 2/Fighter 1
Image Daglaron-Elan Psion-Wizard 3/Cerebremancer-Druid 4/Psion-Arcane Hierophant 3
Image Ryder-Halfling Cavalier 4
Image Scorpius Black-Human Rogue 4

marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE

Post by marine7312000 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:04 pm

Keider shoots Jan a grin and says I think you just want to get me naked. before winking and heading off to rinse the "muck" off his equipment and take a bath.
Last edited by marine7312000 on Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gondolin1
Divine Rank 2
Divine Rank 2

Post by gondolin1 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:44 pm

Greetings all. Thank you for the oportunity to clean ouselves up. Some of you may know me. For those of you who don't, I am Rundorig Lartzen. I would gladly shake your hands in greetings, but for now, a bath seems in order.....
Smash the Barbarian says : Save our trees, eat beavers...!

kabkal
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6

Post by kabkal » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:15 pm

In a soft, not so sure of himself manner Olo says"hi" Then looks away, gets cleaned up (as good as he can, which is not very good).
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image BART 1173: Andriod/Pisterol
ImageDM of We Just Stopped Here...
Image Gerbull: Tortle Barbarian

UnknownDobo
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by UnknownDobo » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:39 am

Anna looks exhausted but still manages to intrduce herself without shaming the manners which she was taught. Despite the fact that she has smelt animal styes that current;y smell better than herself. She wanders off to find somewhere to get clean and bathe some of her wounds.

Unknown Dobo
Cause you know, when you've been doboed.
http://www.unknowndodo.co.uk

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:44 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
I will Post again tomorrow.

Image Image

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:54 am

And so you all get to cleaning yourselves up, as well as your gear. In the washrooms you find a dozen tunics, like what Jan and Morosino were wearing when Jan let you in. Feeling refreshed, and your gear cleaned as best as can be, you rejoin the others, who now are eating. You're directed to the kitchen area where there's a pot of still hot soup. There's a few chunks of meat and a large bone in the pot, mostly for flavor obviously. The soup mostly consists of carrots, greens, and herbs. You fill your bowls to what's your idea of a good portion and have a seat. Jan takes the time to introduce you to the people here and the chatter is in a good mood. Eventually, someone arrives and takes Jan aside.

It seems that our Ariel is in the custody of the Dottari (the city’s guards or wardens), but now the Order of the Rack seems to think they have jurisdiction over his custody. They've sent some of their knights to procure the prisoner, but the Dottari are in disagreement. We'll have to wait and see who actually gets him, and where his holding will end up before thinking of a rescue.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Will be starting a new thread this weekend.

Image Image

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:15 am