CoT: Bastards of Erebus - Rescuing Arael

You and your fellow adventurers help restore the crumbling honor of Westcrown, fight against a decades-old curse, and do battle with an enemy far more deadly than any simple fiend, all in the hopes of returning a measure of splendor to this long-beset metropolis.
User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6926
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

CoT: Bastards of Erebus - Rescuing Arael

Post by Duniagdra » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:05 pm

With all in agreement, gear is collected and Gorvio gives directions to his uncle Jacovo's stables where you are to "borrow" horses to get to the desired location. In groups of one or two, and some threes, you all leave the safe house and reach the stable. There, you see a group of horses saddled and bridled, ready to go, but seemingly unattended. Casually, and quietly, you walk up to a horse and mount. Departing the stables, you eventually reach the gate and pass through unmolested by the dottari stationed there. As instructed, you ride about twenty minutes from this gate to find a deer trail leading into the woods. Eventually, about another half-hour ride, you meet up with the group that steadily builds as others arrive. Together you navigate your way through the woods to a clearing and the road just ahead. To your right, the bridge stands strong with the stream flowing fast and free beneath it.

This seems the best spot to me. We can catch them crossing the bridge and block them in. Group one will be to the north of the bridge while group two is to the south. Group one will lay caltrops all about the area north of the bridge. This should prevent the coach driver from charging and mowing down anyone in the way. The only purpose of group one is to draw away some of the escort so group two will have an easier time with whoever remains. I propose that you six be group two, on this side of the bridge, with one of you to each side of it as we discussed.

Our goal is to get Arael, not kill all the knights. If there's no choice, then there's no choice, but I want the majority of them to leave unscathed and humiliated. It will be a stronger message than if we kill them. By letting them live, and tell of what happened, we show that we're not afraid of the Order of the Rack. We want them to know us.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

kabkal
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6
Posts: 2825
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:13 pm
Location: USA

Re: CoT: Bastards of Erebus - Rescuing Arael

Post by kabkal » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:06 am

Olo readies for battle, "You tell me where stand and what do."
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image BART 1173: Andriod/Pisterol
ImageDM of We Just Stopped Here...
Image Gerbull: Tortle Barbarian

scarymike23
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 364
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:26 pm
Location: Madison, WI USA

Re: CoT: Bastards of Erebus - Rescuing Arael

Post by scarymike23 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:46 am

When ready, Equilis hunkers down under the corner of the bridge (approximately A0,35).
-SM

User avatar
gondolin1
Divine Rank 2
Divine Rank 2
Posts: 398
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2005 3:53 pm
Location: St Jean Sur Richelieu, Quebec, Canada

Re: CoT: Bastards of Erebus - Rescuing Arael

Post by gondolin1 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:43 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Rundorig wil attempt to get up in the rafters, if that is the correct term. I'm aiming for AO-47. Duni : do you require some rolls for that?

 

Smash the Barbarian says : Save our trees, eat beavers...!

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6926
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: CoT: Bastards of Erebus - Rescuing Arael

Post by Duniagdra » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:15 pm

No. No need to roll for anything. I'll take care of that. I just want to know where you wish to be.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
gondolin1
Divine Rank 2
Divine Rank 2
Posts: 398
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2005 3:53 pm
Location: St Jean Sur Richelieu, Quebec, Canada

Re: CoT: Bastards of Erebus - Rescuing Arael

Post by gondolin1 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:41 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Okay. AO-47 it is then...

 

Smash the Barbarian says : Save our trees, eat beavers...!

rednick90
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 439
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:35 am
Location: Grand Haven, MI/ Chicago, IL

Re: CoT: Bastards of Erebus - Rescuing Arael

Post by rednick90 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:39 pm

Shall fenris and I be ready for a charge? Tyr asks, either way where should i be?
Image Sabine Human alchemist 4
Image Jormungandr: Dwarf/Fighter
Image Baron Von Freeze: Gnome/Summoner

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6926
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: CoT: Bastards of Erebus - Rescuing Arael

Post by Duniagdra » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:02 pm

Olo and Tyr, put yourselves in position on this side of the bridge. Olo, you should be somewhere that you can get in fast, but remain unseen. Tyr, I'm thinking that there would be no suitable position to take that would allow a charge assault, but if you find the opportunity, then by all means, take it. Suggests Jan.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

rednick90
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 439
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:35 am
Location: Grand Haven, MI/ Chicago, IL

Re: CoT: Bastards of Erebus - Rescuing Arael

Post by rednick90 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:20 am

Aye.
Image Sabine Human alchemist 4
Image Jormungandr: Dwarf/Fighter
Image Baron Von Freeze: Gnome/Summoner

User avatar
The Hunter
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 534
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:15 pm
Location: Butler, Missouri, USA

Re: CoT: Bastards of Erebus - Rescuing Arael

Post by The Hunter » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:54 pm

I can take up a position on the other side of the bridge in the brush. I'm fairly certain that at either range or close quarters, I'll be able to adapt to the situation.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Looking at bunkering down somewhere in the AG 50 to 53 area in the brush there.

 

Image
Image Kaladron Daladar-Elf Wizard 2/Fighter 1
Image Daglaron-Elan Psion-Wizard 3/Cerebremancer-Druid 4/Psion-Arcane Hierophant 3
Image Ryder-Halfling Cavalier 4
Image Scorpius Black-Human Rogue 4

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6926
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: CoT: Bastards of Erebus - Rescuing Arael

Post by Duniagdra » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:46 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
I have only three positions so far. Where are my players?

 

Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

rednick90
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 439
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:35 am
Location: Grand Haven, MI/ Chicago, IL

Re: CoT: Bastards of Erebus - Rescuing Arael

Post by rednick90 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:17 pm

Tyr will mount fenris and move to AQ46.
Image Sabine Human alchemist 4
Image Jormungandr: Dwarf/Fighter
Image Baron Von Freeze: Gnome/Summoner

kabkal
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6
Posts: 2825
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:13 pm
Location: USA

Re: CoT: Bastards of Erebus - Rescuing Arael

Post by kabkal » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:43 am

Olo will take up position where pointed at. He will try to keep hidden, but ready to move into action.
OUT OF CHARACTER
not sure of the exact position, but please but me in the hidden spot that gets me into the fight soon.

 

Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image BART 1173: Andriod/Pisterol
ImageDM of We Just Stopped Here...
Image Gerbull: Tortle Barbarian

User avatar
marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1634
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:09 pm
Location: Round Rock, TX
Contact:

Re: CoT: Bastards of Erebus - Rescuing Arael

Post by marine7312000 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:01 pm

Keider stays quiet and sticks by Kal's side. He readies a dart to unleash at the closest horse drawing the carriage.

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6926
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: CoT: Bastards of Erebus - Rescuing Arael

Post by Duniagdra » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:30 pm

After a moment of contemplating, people take their posts. Run and Olo each duck slightly down the bank of the stream, behind to two large posts that carry the bridge. Tyr and Fenrir take to a bush, as do Janiven and Equalis. Kay and Keider on the other hand for some reason opt to take cover in a bush on the other side of the stream as the "bandits" cross the bridge and lay down caltrops on the road. They then continue on, about another couple hundred feet beyond the bridge and duck into the woods and wait.
OUT OF CHARACTER
If where I put you is not where you intended, then speak up now that you have a more close-up map of the area.

 

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

scarymike23
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 364
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:26 pm
Location: Madison, WI USA

Re: CoT: Bastards of Erebus - Rescuing Arael

Post by scarymike23 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:36 pm

Duniagdra wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
If where I put you is not where you intended, then speak up now that you have a more close-up map of the area.

 

OUT OF CHARACTER
It is not where I stated, but I think Run and I had the same idea, so I'm OK where you put me.

 

-SM

User avatar
gondolin1
Divine Rank 2
Divine Rank 2
Posts: 398
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2005 3:53 pm
Location: St Jean Sur Richelieu, Quebec, Canada

Re: CoT: Bastards of Erebus - Rescuing Arael

Post by gondolin1 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:11 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Rundorig is ready with his bow.

 

Smash the Barbarian says : Save our trees, eat beavers...!

kabkal
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6
Posts: 2825
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:13 pm
Location: USA

Re: CoT: Bastards of Erebus - Rescuing Arael

Post by kabkal » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:52 pm

Olo is ready to hop into action.
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image BART 1173: Andriod/Pisterol
ImageDM of We Just Stopped Here...
Image Gerbull: Tortle Barbarian

User avatar
The Hunter
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 534
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:15 pm
Location: Butler, Missouri, USA

Re: CoT: Bastards of Erebus - Rescuing Arael

Post by The Hunter » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:51 am

Karadlon prepares to leap into action.
Image
Image Kaladron Daladar-Elf Wizard 2/Fighter 1
Image Daglaron-Elan Psion-Wizard 3/Cerebremancer-Druid 4/Psion-Arcane Hierophant 3
Image Ryder-Halfling Cavalier 4
Image Scorpius Black-Human Rogue 4

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6926
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: CoT: Bastards of Erebus - Rescuing Arael

Post by Duniagdra » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:31 am

And so with everyone happy in their positions, the rest of the rabble rebels move onward and take position more than a hundred feet up the road in the tree line. Now it's just a matter of playing the waiting game, and wait you do, for another two hours. But the dreary waiting comes to an end when the sound of horses and marching catches your ear. Looking beyond, you see quite the escort. At the lead, four hellknights mounted on light warhorses followed by a heavily armored carriage pulled by two strong horses. Hanging to the side of the carriage, standing on small foot-rails, are three hellknights to a side. Atop the carriage, at the front, there's one driving with another seated beside, seeming to give instructions. Standing on the back rear of the carriage, behind a large crossbow, is one more hellknight. From Janiven's instructions, you find this expected, but you feel the excitement start to build.

Steadily they proceed, the horses are calm, though working hard. The knights all seem alert, but kind of relaxed. Not surprising though. For what Jan explained, and from what you know of this road, the Hellkinghts are on home turf. Not even bandits really try robbing much here, though it has happened, infrequently. It's not long before they reach the bridge, and before the lead horse drawing the carriage leaves the bridge, the band of outlaws emerge onto the road.

Halt! By Order of the Merry Thieves, you're to drop your weapons, and dismount! Lay flat to the ground and your lives shall be spared! That's clearly Ermolos, a bit dramatic, but effective. He and his group stand there waiting for a reaction.

From their position on the other side, Keider and Karadlon can see the one knight seated on the carriage smile. Surely you have a death wish! His arrogance can be heard clearly in his tone. Just for what you say we can, AND WILL, kill you all!

The mounted knights look back when he says this and he waves them on dismissively. They don't hesitate. Their horses lurch into a gallop as they draw their longswords. Just before reaching the band of thieves, the horses all buck and real. They've found the caltrops that were laid on the road. All four knights fall prone to the ground, sustaining injury from the fall, and the caltrops.
StrongholdRoad.jpg
The horses, still bucking from the caltrops, run off some distance before calming regaining the trained composure they're known for.

This is your signal. The band of thieves dart into the wood and the four turn to pursue and are soon engulfed by forest. In the distance, you hear them cursing and thrashing through the woods.

The six on the carriage move forward, beside the carriage horse while the one on top swivels the crossbow back and forth ahead of him.
  1. Surprise Round:
  2. Karadlon Daladar <--- Single Action
  3. Rundorrig Lartzen <--- Single Action
  4. Olomorn <--- Single Action
  5. Equalis Rivermore <--- Single Action
  6. Keider Paol <--- Single Action
  7. Tyr <--- Single Action
  8. Armiger <--- No Action
  9. Janiven <--- Single Action
  10. Commander <--- No Action
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6926
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: CoT: Bastards of Erebus - Rescuing Arael

Post by Duniagdra » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:39 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
I'm finding an issue with Tyr. I see him with only 6 HP. Did you not roll for your second level. All I'm seeing is the +2 per level for CON and 1 per level as the Favored Class Points. Your HP were defined in the PbP Form under Stats Generation heading. Just give me a link to your second level HP roll on IC.

 

Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
The Hunter
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 534
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:15 pm
Location: Butler, Missouri, USA

Re: CoT: Bastards of Erebus - Rescuing Arael

Post by The Hunter » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:11 am

If Karadlon has a clear shot at the Hellknight who gave the order to attack he'll target him but, if it APPEARS that he has cover from where I'm at (not sure how tall the crenelations on the bridge are and how high the men on the carriage each are or how high if the bridge arcs they are from my ground level), then I'll target the Armiger manning the crossbow. Either way I'll move to square AJ51 before casting it.

Ray of Enfeeblement ranged touch attack and Strength Penalty. (1d20+6=10, 1d6+1=5)
Image
Image Kaladron Daladar-Elf Wizard 2/Fighter 1
Image Daglaron-Elan Psion-Wizard 3/Cerebremancer-Druid 4/Psion-Arcane Hierophant 3
Image Ryder-Halfling Cavalier 4
Image Scorpius Black-Human Rogue 4

User avatar
gondolin1
Divine Rank 2
Divine Rank 2
Posts: 398
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2005 3:53 pm
Location: St Jean Sur Richelieu, Quebec, Canada

Re: CoT: Bastards of Erebus - Rescuing Arael

Post by gondolin1 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:11 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
Rundorig takes a deadly aim on the braggart (read, hellknight).

 

Using Westcrown firebrand trait and Deadly aim feat. (1d20+6=14, 1d6+2=3)
Smash the Barbarian says : Save our trees, eat beavers...!

User avatar
marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1634
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:09 pm
Location: Round Rock, TX
Contact:

Re: CoT: Bastards of Erebus - Rescuing Arael

Post by marine7312000 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:40 am

Keider throws a dart at the closer horse hoping to stop the carriage.
OUT OF CHARACTER
-2 Penalty for range; +1 attack and damage due to lost nobility trait (1d20+5=8, 1d4+4=6) And I just realized that the trait doesn't apply in this situation....

 


kabkal
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6
Posts: 2825
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:13 pm
Location: USA

Re: CoT: Bastards of Erebus - Rescuing Arael

Post by kabkal » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:27 am

Olo will enrage as he moves in to strike #7.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Rage attack against #7 (1d20+8=26, 2d6+7=16)

 

Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image BART 1173: Andriod/Pisterol
ImageDM of We Just Stopped Here...
Image Gerbull: Tortle Barbarian

scarymike23
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 364
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:26 pm
Location: Madison, WI USA

Re: CoT: Bastards of Erebus - Rescuing Arael

Post by scarymike23 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:31 am

Equalis steps forward and says You've got no place for such confidence in the face of JUSTICE!

Equalis begins waving his hands and muttering a prayer while looking fiercely at the rear amiger (armiger 7).
OUT OF CHARACTER
5 foot step to ap36 putting me within 30 feet and casting cause fear on armiger 7. Will DC 15 http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/c/cause-fear

 

-SM

scarymike23
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 364
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:26 pm
Location: Madison, WI USA

Re: CoT: Bastards of Erebus - Rescuing Arael

Post by scarymike23 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:33 am

kabkal wrote:Olo will enrage as he moves in to strike #7.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Rage attack against #7 (1d20+8=26, 2d6+7=16)

 

OUT OF CHARACTER
You can't move and hit on a surprise action. Move or standard action only. (unless I'm mistaken)

 

-SM

rednick90
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 439
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:35 am
Location: Grand Haven, MI/ Chicago, IL

Re: CoT: Bastards of Erebus - Rescuing Arael

Post by rednick90 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:29 pm

Tyr will move to AR44 and lower his lance readying for a charge at Armiger 7
OUT OF CHARACTER
here is my roll for hit points

 

hit die (1d10=7)
Image Sabine Human alchemist 4
Image Jormungandr: Dwarf/Fighter
Image Baron Von Freeze: Gnome/Summoner

kabkal
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6
Posts: 2825
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:13 pm
Location: USA

Re: CoT: Bastards of Erebus - Rescuing Arael

Post by kabkal » Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:22 pm

scarymike23 wrote:
kabkal wrote:Olo will enrage as he moves in to strike #7.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Rage attack against #7 (1d20+8=26, 2d6+7=16)

 

OUT OF CHARACTER
You can't move and hit on a surprise action. Move or standard action only. (unless I'm mistaken)

 

OK, then I will move to attack #7 next round. Hopefully I can still use that roll.
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image BART 1173: Andriod/Pisterol
ImageDM of We Just Stopped Here...
Image Gerbull: Tortle Barbarian

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6926
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: CoT: Bastards of Erebus - Rescuing Arael

Post by Duniagdra » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:45 pm

kabkal wrote:
scarymike23 wrote:
kabkal wrote:Olo will enrage as he moves in to strike #7.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Rage attack against #7 (1d20+8=26, 2d6+7=16)

 

OUT OF CHARACTER
You can't move and hit on a surprise action. Move or standard action only. (unless I'm mistaken)

 

OK, then I will move to attack #7 next round. Hopefully I can still use that roll.
OUT OF CHARACTER
To my knowledge, Raging is a free or swift action. You still have a standard or move action to take for the surprise round.

 

Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

Post Reply

Return to “{PbP} Council of Thieves {Pathfinder} [FULL][ON HOLD]”