[COT] Bastards of Erebus - Lying Low

You and your fellow adventurers help restore the crumbling honor of Westcrown, fight against a decades-old curse, and do battle with an enemy far more deadly than any simple fiend, all in the hopes of returning a measure of splendor to this long-beset metropolis.
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

[COT] Bastards of Erebus - Lying Low

Post by Duniagdra » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:17 am

The next day, Arael enters the mess hall when everyone is there.
Arael.png
I still cannot thank you all for what you did. And as for our new help, thank you for putting your necks out. Jan has informed me of how you were indoctrinated into out cause, and while unfortunate, I still hope that you'll continue to participate.

However, word is spreading of what happened, and how humiliated the Rack was over this. The armigers involved have been reprimanded, harshly by my understanding, for so easily surrendering and the commander demoted. The Rack is out for blood, seeking action from the city, but city bureaucracy is to our advantage. What you did took place outside the city, and, as far as any city official is concerned, carried out by brigands and bandits, which is what the Rack is supposed to be getting a handle on. Because of this, the Rack will most likely back down, but don't let it get you over confident that you're safe.

There are two things I know of, that if you are bored, would make for a great chance to kill time. I say we lay low for a few days while Jan and I investigate something that she read to me yesterday.

The Dottari have had issues with a build up of goblin numbers, striking out at civilians within the city. The Dottari have indicated, by my source, that the goblins are held up somewhere up here, in these ruins, but have not yet located the lair. We could help with this, by finding, and eliminating the goblins. Primarily they seek a goblin called Whitechin. He's said to be very dangerous. That's all we know of this goblin, but Jan's sources think he's held up some blocks away from this very building, in the sewers.

Another issue, that the Rack is responsible for, is a band of brigands who keep raiding roadways to the north. This area they attack is under the Rack's jurisdiction, but they've not done much about it, all this witch hunt for conspirators. There's no accurate count to their numbers, but it's said they have a wizard and a witch in their service.

In either case, both are likely to be equally dangerous. It's up to you. From my sponsors, I'm sure I can get some gold put up to aid you in equipment, and anything you find from these goblins or the brigands, you can keep, minus a small percentage for our cause.
OUT OF CHARACTER
I'm still waiting on three character submissions. I see Keider, Run, and Olo. I'm still waiting on Karadlon, Equalis, and Tyr. You should all be 3rd level. We're using the fast progression. You should all be around 3,600 XP. Please continue to submit your characters in the Rescuing Arael thread. All new dialog will be posted here. Currently, you have three options in Lying Low; Goblins, Brigands, or roaming about the city in nothing but pure role play.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image

marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE

Re: [COT] Bastards of Erebus - Lying Low

Post by marine7312000 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:54 pm

Keider looks at Arael and says I think it would be better to take care of the goblins. While these brigands might be a threat outside the city, I live here and am more worried about the local area. We can deal with the brigands at a later date if needed.

scarymike23
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by scarymike23 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:48 pm

Equalis steps and and says I agree with Keider. Plus smashing some goblin heads sounds like a bit o'fun. Keeps us off radar while at the same time doing the city some good. We need a symbol we can leave behind when we do something. Make sure the people know the children of Westcrown are responsible to bolster moral and give them a reason to be hopeful, even if they don't know who are actual members of the group.
-SM

kabkal
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6

Post by kabkal » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:40 pm

Olo agrees about going after the goblins.
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image BART 1173: Andriod/Pisterol
ImageDM of We Just Stopped Here...
Image Gerbull: Tortle Barbarian

The Hunter
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by The Hunter » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:01 am

Karadlon nods, I agree to rooting out the vermin.
Last edited by The Hunter on Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Kaladron Daladar-Elf Wizard 2/Fighter 1
Image Daglaron-Elan Psion-Wizard 3/Cerebremancer-Druid 4/Psion-Arcane Hierophant 3
Image Ryder-Halfling Cavalier 4
Image Scorpius Black-Human Rogue 4

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:32 am

The Hunter wrote:Karadlon nods, I agree to rooting out the vermin.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Sorry, 'bout the delayed response on character posting Duni, here ya go! :D

OUT OF CHARACTER
I made it clear my friend that I did not want character files posted here. I even linked you to the thread intended.

Please, ALL OF YOU. I insist that you READ my posts. As of this point on, at random points in any given thread, I'm going to place bits of information that you are all going to need to succeed in COT. If you miss it then, you miss it completely and the DC's in general will become harder for any and all knowledge checks. I'm not picking on any one person in particular, but all of you, old and new alike. READ MY POSTS ENTIRELY or there's no point in me continuing to run this PbP. I go through many hours assembling various aspects of the game, which includes writing out my validations in a way that I hope continues to be entertaining and interesting. If you're just going to skim through, then please drop out so I can find another player. I write my posts in an attempt to enrich the adventure and your experience in this campaign.

I'm running four PbP campaigns here, while also dedicating time to finding work, while also working on a side project with admin, while also working on my own bigger project at home. My time is valuable to me. If I can spend more time on my own project, and less time on these campaigns people will just skim through, then I'll spend more time on my project and switch this to just a once a week thing.

Okay, my rant is over. That off my chest, I feel much better now. :roll: Please post your characters in the appropriate thread designated. :wait:

Image Image

gondolin1
Divine Rank 2
Divine Rank 2

Post by gondolin1 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:16 pm

Goblins are nasty creatures with stage ideas. They are a boil in this city that need to be lanced. We should go and clean up.
Smash the Barbarian says : Save our trees, eat beavers...!

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:39 pm

Arael smiles. Good. As far as we've been able to learn, these goblins are somewhere north of here. We're told of sightings about ten blocks north and four west of this temple. Seek them out and kill them. Return with the head of this Whitechin fellow, and we'll get the message to the right people of who took care of this problem. With that, Arael returns to his office with Jan still holding the letter he indicated with regards to these brigands within the city.
Image Image

gondolin1
Divine Rank 2
Divine Rank 2

Post by gondolin1 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:32 am

We must prepare for any eventuality. Our encounter in the sewers has taught me something. Make sure that we have appropriate lighting. Can we procure torches, sunrods or everburning torches for further exploration?

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:14 am

Arael stops before leaving to answer Run's question. We're not overly funded, and with my face known to the Dottari, there's only so much I can do to further procure funds to our cause. We have a few bullseye lanterns already fueled, should be enough to carry you on for at least four hours. You can take an extra flask of oil just in case, one for each lantern you bring with you. Look to the others here for any help in gaining access to other supplies you may be short on, or you can go shopping, as long as you don't draw attention to yourselves. Arael looks to see if anyone else has comments or questions.
Image Image

scarymike23
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by scarymike23 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:32 am

I can provide a half hours worth of light with a simple touch, thanks to the all mighty power of my god and savior, Milani. And there is no limit of this blessing. However, some magical elixirs of healing would certainly be helpful, as that resource is less bountiful. (mumbles an unintelligible prayer here)
-SM

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:45 am

I gave you each three potions that cure light wounds, each. Did you ALL use all of them? That's eighteen potions?! I can't see it possible that you all used all of your potions. Jan seems flustered and waiting for a response. These potions are not cheep to make you know!
Image Image

The Hunter
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by The Hunter » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:48 am

I used just one, Karadlon says to Jan.
Image Daglaron-Elan Psion-Wizard 3/Cerebremancer-Druid 4/Psion-Arcane Hierophant 3

scarymike23
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by scarymike23 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:52 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
That was before I joined the party, so I had no way of knowing that

My mistake, Jan. In that case, I'm ready to take off as soon as the rest of you are.
-SM

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:05 am

scarymike23 wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
That was before I joined the party, so I had no way of knowing that

My mistake, Jan. In that case, I'm ready to take off as soon as the rest of you are.
OUT OF CHARACTER
This was at the time you all entered the sewers. Jan stopped a moment to expose a hidden pocket that contained potions. She gave each of you three. That's why I played her as shocked that they'd be all used up. If you recall how many any of you used, then maybe a redistribution of potions might be in order, and possibly the acquisition of a few additional.

Image Image

gondolin1
Divine Rank 2
Divine Rank 2

Post by gondolin1 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:12 pm

I have a Sunrod and some tindertwigs for a quick flame. I also have three potions. If some of you used all of theirs I can share. Theese with the blessings of Milani should simplify things. Let us hunt goblin.

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:53 pm

So then if you feel you have enough of what you need, you might as well get going, says Jan to you all.
OUT OF CHARACTER
I'll need several rolls, Diplomacy (Gather Information), Perception (to find signs of goblins), Stealth (to move about undetected when it's needed), and Knowledge (Local). With the holiday here, I won't be doing much for the next map. But I will be starting a new thread by next Friday that will give the results of your rolls and a new map. I want at least one roll each of at least two skills, your choice.

Image Image

scarymike23
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by scarymike23 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:41 pm

Equalis spends some time trying to find out more about the goblins locations: Gather Information (Diplomacy) (1d20+4=14)

And then tries to use his senses to further pinpoint their locations: Perception (1d20+4=12)
-SM

kabkal
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6

Post by kabkal » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:54 pm

Olo tries to diplomatically (16) look about(8) while not being seen(6).
OUT OF CHARACTER
perception;diplomacy;stealth checks (do not have local knowledge) (second try, first one errored out) (1d20+7=8, 1d20-1=16, 1d20-3=6)

Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image BART 1173: Andriod/Pisterol
ImageDM of We Just Stopped Here...
Image Gerbull: Tortle Barbarian

gondolin1
Divine Rank 2
Divine Rank 2

Post by gondolin1 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:42 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
First of all, I would like to take a mo to wish all of my american cousins a happy thanksgiving.

Diplomacy (Gather Information) not a class skill but here goes,
BBCode
Diplomacy (1d20=4)

Perception (to find signs of goblins),
BBCode
Perception (1d20+11=28)

Stealth (to move about undetected when it's needed),
BBCode
Stealth (1d20+4=20)

and Knowledge (Local) not a class skill but here goes
BBCode
knowledge (local) (1d20=9)

marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE

Post by marine7312000 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:41 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
Here's my rolls for Keider: Diplomacy, Perception, Stealth (1d20+8=15, 1d20+6=22, 1d20+10=28)

The Hunter
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by The Hunter » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:08 am

Karadlon will attempt a Knowledge (Local) as well as Perception and Stealth. He's never been fond of people and always lacked the social tact to garner information (lol -1 Diplomacy :lol: )

Knowledge (Local); Perception; Stealth (1d20+9=26, 1d20+3=4, 1d20+3=14)

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:39 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
New thread is HERE