CoT: Bastards of Erebus - The Hunt for Whitechin

You and your fellow adventurers help restore the crumbling honor of Westcrown, fight against a decades-old curse, and do battle with an enemy far more deadly than any simple fiend, all in the hopes of returning a measure of splendor to this long-beset metropolis.
kabkal
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6

Re: CoT: Bastards of Erebus - The Hunt for Whitechin

Post by kabkal » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:50 am

Olo will try to climb out the side of the pit (towards K).
ACTIVE EFFECTS
Climb: 11 Climb out of pit (1d20+4=11)
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image BART 1173: Andriod/Pisterol
ImageDM of We Just Stopped Here...
Image Gerbull: Tortle Barbarian

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:13 am

kabkal wrote:Olo will try to climb out the side of the pit (towards K).
ACTIVE EFFECTS
OUT OF CHARACTER
You're currently at K. Do you mean L or were you meaning back into the room with your team, K meaning Karadlon?

Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image

kabkal
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6

Post by kabkal » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:36 pm

Duniagdra wrote:
kabkal wrote:Olo will try to climb out the side of the pit (towards K).
ACTIVE EFFECTS
OUT OF CHARACTER
You're currently at K. Do you mean L or were you meaning back into the room with your team, K meaning Karadlon?

OUT OF CHARACTER
Sorry, I meant K4, not just K

scarymike23
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by scarymike23 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:44 am

Equalis looks wearly at the pit and decides he has no business trying to leap across. I believe I may be stuck on this side for a bit!. As Olomon is climbing out of the pit, Equalis notices his bleeding wounds and begins to cast.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Swaps out Remove Paralysis for Cure Moderate Wounds: Cure Mod wounds on olo (2d8+3=8)

-SM

marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE

Post by marine7312000 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:39 pm

Keider curses as he tries to get a clean shot at any of his opponents. Seeing that he has none he moves to J4 and gets a closer look at the pit before taking a few quick steps and jumping into the air.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Acrobatics to jump the pit: (1d20+11=27)

Upon landing, he draws his rapier.

Hartygan
Knight
Knight

Post by Hartygan » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:20 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Hello everyone. Duni has just approved me to take over Tyr's character. :thumb1:
As postings have already been made for both Tyr and fenrir this round, I will wait for the validation post and then play on from the next round. Looks like you guys have been having some fun so far, hope it continues.

ImageRundorrig Lartzen - Human ranger

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:39 pm

1. Round 2:
  2. Goblin <-- Action Taken
  3. Karadlon Daladar <--- Full Action
  4. Tyr <--- Full Action
  5. Keider Paol <--- Full Action
  6. Goblin Dog <-- Full Action
Karadlon, knowing the lot of them are not but fish in a barrel at the moment and desiring to remedy this, moves past Equalis and attempts to leap across the pit (Jump check (1d20+4=22)). If he makes it across, he keeps on moving to keep clear of the bottleneck on past Fenrir and the dead goblin to square off with the mangy animal right of the room he leaped from. Opportunity Attack/Damage vs Karadlon (1d20+2=20, 1d6+3=9, 1d20+2=22, 1d6+3=5), Crit Opportunity Attack/Damage vs Karadlon (1d20+2=21, 1d6+3=6), Karadlon is bitten by both dogs as he passes Fenrir and makes room for anyone who might follow through. Fenrir advances to attack the dog standing unchallenged, Fenrir's bite (1d20+4=24, 1d6+2=4), and bites deeply into it's flank. Tyr looks desperately for what more he can do. Keider curses as he tries to get a clean shot at any of his opponents. Seeing that he has none he moves to get a closer look at the pit before taking a few quick steps and jumping into the air. Acrobatics to jump the pit: (1d20+11=27), Upon landing, Keider draws his rapier. The two goblin dogs lash out, GD4 vs Karadlon, GD5 vs Fenrir (1d20+2=8, 1d6+3=5, 1d20+2=19, 1d6+3=4), Fenrir takes a bite for GD5.
(Karadlon, 20 Damage; Fenrir, 4 Damage; Goblin Dog, 4)

1. Round 2.5:
  2. Equalis Rivermore <-- Full Action
  3. Olomorn <--- Full Action, Climb Check Needed
  4. Rundorrig Lartzen <-- Full Action[/n]
  1. Round 3:
  2. Goblin <-- Full Action Pending
  3. Karadlon Daladar <--- Full Action Pending
  4. Tyr <--- Full Action Pending
  5. Keider Paol <--- Full Action Pending
  6. Goblin Dog <-- Full Action Pending
ACTIVE EFFECTS
[list]Party:[list][*]Olomorn, 34/44, Bottom of Spiked Pit[*]Karadlon, 4/24[*]Fenrir, 15/19[/list]Foe:[list][*]GC6, Dead[*]Goblin Dog 5, 4[/list]Effects:[list][*]Bless: +1 to attack and +1 saves vs fear (Morale bonus)[/list][/list]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Image

kabkal
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6

Post by kabkal » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:23 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
I take it the roll of 11 did not get me out of the pit?

Olo tries to climb out of the pit a second time, going the same direction.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Climbing out of pit, second try (1d20+4=13)

The Hunter
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by The Hunter » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:45 am

Karadlon, nearly collapsing, attempts to drink a potion, taking the chance to be hit again but thinking the risk would be worth it to get back to a more stable condition.

CLW Potion (1d8+1=7)
Image Kaladron Daladar-Elf Wizard 2/Fighter 1
Image Daglaron-Elan Psion-Wizard 3/Cerebremancer-Druid 4/Psion-Arcane Hierophant 3
Image Ryder-Halfling Cavalier 4
Image Scorpius Black-Human Rogue 4

Hartygan
Knight
Knight

Post by Hartygan » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:55 am

Fenrir snaps visciously at the Goblin Dog 5 ( Fenrir attack GD5 and damage (1d20+4=6, 1d6+2=7) ) and then hearing movement behind him, takes a 5' step to N6.

Tyr desperate to aid his friends with the battle will attempt to move past Equalis a jump the pit ( Tyr's jump attemp (1d20-1=5) ), on landing Tyr draws his Short Sword, waiting for Keider to move into battle

scarymike23
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by scarymike23 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:04 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
No change to my action: http://theonlysheet.com/community/viewt ... 188#p71188

-SM

marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE

Post by marine7312000 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:04 pm

Keider moves to P7 and attacks Goblin Dog5 with his rapier from a flanking position.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Including bonus for flanking and sneak attack for the flank. (1d20+9=23, 1d6+3=5, 2d6=4)Acrobatics to avoid AoO for moving through squares: (1d20+11=31)

Last edited by marine7312000 on Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:32 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Just a quick note on the initiative order. I messed up in keeping the goblins in initiative. All 6 of you should be active this round. My bad, sorry about that. :P

Image Image

gondolin1
Divine Rank 2
Divine Rank 2

Post by gondolin1 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:21 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
Rundorig will take 10 on a climb down into the pit and offer Tyr to help him down and accross. This would make the climb down as a 14

Tyr, approach and I will help you cross.
Smash the Barbarian says : Save our trees, eat beavers...!

Hartygan
Knight
Knight

Post by Hartygan » Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:37 am

gondolin1 wrote: Tyr, approach and I will help you cross.
As Run disappears into the pit, Tyr begins his run-up (from H5). As he nears the pit he hears Run call out to him, but with his little legs pumping, and a determined look on his face he leaps into the air across the pit. (Just realised that without his shield on, Tyr's jump should not have the -1 on it making the score a 6)

rednick90
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by rednick90 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:11 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
sorry for the absence. i thought i posted the situation. My computer took a dump. i finally got it up and running and if it is ok, i will reclaim Tyr.

Image Sabine Human alchemist 4
Image Jormungandr: Dwarf/Fighter
Image Baron Von Freeze: Gnome/Summoner

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:11 am

Image Image

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:46 pm

1. Round 2.5:
Equalis looks wearily at the pit and decides he has no business trying to leap across. I believe I may be stuck on this side for a bit!. As Olomorn is climbing out of the pit, Equalis notices his bleeding wounds and begins to cast. Equalis reaches a hand to Olo's arm as he ascends the wall of the pit, Cure Mod wounds on olo (2d8+3=8), and Olo feels a soft warmth flow into him and flush through his body. Olo finds most all of his wounds are healed but the remains of a minor cut from a wound not fully closed. Olo tries to climb out of the pit a second time, Climbing out of pit, second try (1d20+4=13), going the same direction. This time Olo succeeds in scaling the wall and getting out. Run climbs down into the pit safely and offers a helping hand to Tyr to get him across. Tyr, approach and I will help you cross.
(Olomorn, 8 Healed)
  1. Round 3:
  2. Karadlon Daladar <--- Full Action Pending
  3. Tyr <--- Full Action Pending
  4. Keider Paol <--- Full Action Pending
  5. Goblin Dog <-- Full Action Pending
Karadlon, nearly collapsing, attempts to drink a potion, CLW Potion (1d8+1=7), taking the chance to be hit again but thinking the risk would be worth it to get back to a more stable condition. As Karadlon retrieves the potion, the dog before him bites into his thigh, Opportunity Attack/Damage vs Karadlon drinking potion. (1d20+2=21, 1d6+3=4), leaving a number of bleeding puncture marks. With the potion in hand though, he's still able to drink it down and the wound from this new bite heal completely, as does most of another wound. Fenrir snaps viciously at Goblin Dog 5, Fenrir attack GD5 and damage (1d20+4=6, 1d6+2=7), missing the goblin dog's flank. Hearing movement behind him, Fenrir steps to a side, still facing goblin dog 5. Tyr begins his running start to jump across, but as Run calls out to aid him his commitment is set and, Tyr's jump attemp (1d20-1=5), over the pit he bounds, landing on the floor beyond. Unfortunately, his land is hard enough to crack the slab he's landed on. Just as the thin slab gives way, Reflex Save to catch ledge. DC 15 (1d20+5=21), Tyr manages to catch hold of the ledge of the pit and now dangles above the spikes below. Kieder tumbles, Acrobatics to avoid AoO for moving through squares: (1d20+11=31), between the two goblin dogs to take a flanking position opposite Fenrir and lunges with his rapier at goblin dog 5, Including bonus for flanking and sneak attack for the flank. (1d20+9=23, 1d6+3=5, 2d6=4), driving through the beast with ease and precision. As he withdraws his blade, the animal falls still to the floor.
The remaining goblin dog attacks Karadlon, Bite Attack/Damage vs Karadlon (1d20+2=16, 1d6+3=9), and clamps tightly on his thigh again pulling Karadlon to the floor. Karadlon falls unconscious from the extent of his wounds.
(Karadlon, 13 Damage, 7 Healed, Unconscious, Dying, Stabilize Check Needed; Goblin Dog 5, Dead)
  1. Round 3.5:
  1. Round 4:
  2. Karadlon Daladar <--- Full Action
  3. Tyr <--- Full Action
  4. Keider Paol <--- Full Action
  5. Goblin Dog <-- Full Action
  6. Goblin<-- Full Action
ACTIVE EFFECTS
[list]Party:[list][*]Olomorn, 42/44[*]Karadlon, -6/24, Unconscious, Dying, Stabilize Check Needed[*]Rundorrig in Pit[*]Tyr in other pit hanging off edge, Climb needed DC 5 to pull up[*]Fenrir, 15/19[/list]Foe:[list][*]Commando 6, Dead[*]Goblin Dog 5, Dead[/list]Effects:[list][*]Bless: +1 to attack and +1 saves vs fear (Morale bonus)[/list][/list]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Image

rednick90
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by rednick90 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:42 pm

Tyr will try to pull himself up Climbing out of the pit (1d20-6=12). If he can he will run to Karadlon's aid.

kabkal
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6

Post by kabkal » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:11 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
The validation still says I need a climb check, but the text says I finally made it, so I am a bit confused. Also, is there a way around the pit without jumping? When I was climbing out I thought I was heading to the battle side, but I see I am on the far side of the pit.

Olo will look for a way around the pit without jumping to get back into the battle.

scarymike23
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by scarymike23 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:24 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Round 3.5 action:

Equalis sees Karadion go down and summons up the power of his god, channeling a wave of positive energy. He also speaks Maybe that ladder we came down could be pulled off the wall and laid across the pit?
OUT OF CHARACTER
Channel energy 30-foot radius centered on the Equalis. Use selective channeling feat to exclude goblin dog 4 and goblin dog 5. Healing (2d6=5)
Question for DM: is the ladder on the north wall loose or fixed to the wall?

-SM

Hartygan
Knight
Knight

Post by Hartygan » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:27 pm

Rundorig watches as Tyr sails across the pit and grabs for the edge as the floor cracks under his landing.
He takes a 5'step across the pit ready to aid the halfling to climb out, but then sees that Tyr has it under control as he scrambles up the other side.
THINKING: Well son, better get up there and lend a hand. Run attempts to climb out after Tyr, climb from pit to M5 (1d20+7=17).
Once out of the pit, Rundorig draws his Scimitar & Dagger.

BTW Rundorrig as I will use him

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:02 am

kabkal wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
The validation still says I need a climb check, but the text says I finally made it, so I am a bit confused. Also, is there a way around the pit without jumping? When I was climbing out I thought I was heading to the battle side, but I see I am on the far side of the pit.

Olo will look for a way around the pit without jumping to get back into the battle.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Sorry, I lost your direction, but what's done is done. You can climb into the pit and cross it as Run will do.

scarymike23 wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
Round 3.5 action:

Equalis sees Karadion go down and summons up the power of his god, channeling a wave of positive energy. He also speaks Maybe that ladder we came down could be pulled off the wall and laid across the pit?
OUT OF CHARACTER
Channel energy 30-foot radius centered on the Equalis. Use selective channeling feat to exclude goblin dog 4 and goblin dog 5. Healing (2d6=5)
Question for DM: is the ladder on the north wall loose or fixed to the wall?

OUT OF CHARACTER
The ladder is indeed not fixed to the wall and could thus be laid across the pit. It's fifteen feet long, the ladder is, as all the ladders are. A balance check will be needed to cross it, (DC 10). A strength check to move and position it, DC 8.

Hartygan wrote:Rundorig watches as Tyr sails across the pit and grabs for the edge as the floor cracks under his landing.
He takes a 5'step across the pit ready to aid the halfling to climb out, but then sees that Tyr has it under control as he scrambles up the other side.
THINKING: Well son, better get up there and lend a hand. Run attempts to climb out after Tyr, climb from pit to M5 (1d20+7=17).
Once out of the pit, Rundorig draws his Scimitar & Dagger.

BTW Rundorrig as I will use him
OUT OF CHARACTER
In actuality, this was two separate pits, but are only divided by a six inch wall, DC 5 strength check to break down, full round to clear a path.

Image Image

Hartygan
Knight
Knight

Post by Hartygan » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:48 am

[quote="Duniagdra]
OUT OF CHARACTER
In actuality, this was two separate pits, but are only divided by a six inch wall, DC 5 strength check to break down, full round to clear a path.

[/quote]
Rundorrig kicks at the dividing wall in an effort to cross the pits, kicking at wall (1d20+3=4), and bounces.
THINKING: Damn wall must be better made than it looks
Angry with himself, Run lashes out again at the wall, second attempt (1d20+3=22), THINKING: Yeah! Thats the way you do it.. He spends some time clearing a path to the other side, muttering to himself.
Olo, come down here and give me a hand to clear a path
Last edited by Hartygan on Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

kabkal
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6

Post by kabkal » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:56 am

Olo will go back into the pit, a bit upset at himself for getting out on the wrong side. He will move across the pit (or pits) and climb out into the battle area, trying not to give an AoO.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Here are 5 climb checks to use as needed in the pits: 5 climb checks to get into and out of the pit as needed. (1d20+4=11, 1d20+4=15, 1d20+4=20, 1d20+4=7, 1d20+4=22)

marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE

Post by marine7312000 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:34 am

Keider shifts to the left and attacks the other dog
OUT OF CHARACTER
5' move to P5 and attack:1d20+7=9, 1d6+3=5

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:39 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
Sorry, thought I was still waiting on you guys, but it was just Karadlon missing and with Equalis' healing, Kara is stabilized.
Yes, the ladder can be moved.
The map will be given to reflect the continuing actions of Run and Olo. I did not know what type of aid Tyr was going to give, but Run and Olo are now pending the action of Tyr for them to join in the fray.

1. Round 3.5:
Equalis sees Karadion go down and summons up the power of his god, channeling a wave of positive energy. A sudden, though soft, burst of warm energy radiates from him and envelopes all in its reach. The warmth fills into each of you, Healing (2d6=5), and those in need of healing receive it while the goblin dog and goblin remain unaffected by it. He also speaks. Maybe that ladder we came down could be pulled off the wall and laid across the pit?
(Chanel Positive Energy: 5 Healing to Olomorn, Karadlon, and Fenrir)
Olo waits on Run to break through and follows him as he descends into the pit after Run breaks the divide, but Run fails in his effort in not breaching the divide.
OUT OF CHARACTER
I have Run's kick for next round and his action is considered taken for Round 4. Olo will have no trouble climbing into and out of the pit once Run has cleared the way.

1. Round 4:
  2. Karadlon Daladar <--- Full Action
  3. Tyr <--- Full Action
  6. Goblin<-- Full Action
The healing power closes a still bleeding wound and Karadlon stabilizes thanks to Equalis' grace. Tyr will try to pull himself up, Climbing out of the pit (1d20-6=12), and dusts off the dirt. He goes to Karadlon's aid. Keider shifts to the left and attacks the other dog, 1d20+7=9, 1d6+3=5, missing in his swing and cleaving only air.
Two more goblins move into range, but four more dogs cut them off by taking position and attacking. The goblins cackle as the dogs bit and gnash. The dogs all lung, GD4&7 vs Keider, GD1-3 vs Fenrir Bite Attack/Damage (1d20+2=11, 1d6+3=5, 1d20+2=21, 1d6+3=5, 1d20+2=8, 1d6+3=6, 1d20+2=6, 1d6+3=7, 1d20+2=20, 1d6+3=5), and while most miss their marks, Keider and Fenrir suffer from goblin dog 7 and 3. The dander that constantly flakes from these foul beasts gets onto Keider and though he tries brushing it off, it doesn't matter. He soon feels the itch. That moment he feels the rash spread over him.
(Keider, 5 Damage, Dander Rash -2 Dex/Cha; Fenrir 5 Damage)
  1. Round 4.5:
  3. Rundorrig Lartzen <-- Action Posted
  4. Olomorn <--- Action Posted[/n]
Run breaks through the barrier and steps forward and Olo climbs in.
  1. Round 5:
  2. Karadlon Daladar <--- Unconscious, Stabilized
  3. Tyr <--- Full Action
  6. Goblin<-- Full Action
ACTIVE EFFECTS
[list]Party:[list][*]Karadlon, -1/24, Unconscious, Stabilized[*]Keider, 5 Damage, Dander Rash -2 Dex/Cha[*]Fenrir 5 Damage[/list]Foe:[list][*]Commando 6, Dead[*]Goblin Dog 5, Dead[/list]Effects:[list][*]Bless: +1 to attack and +1 saves vs fear (Morale bonus)[/list][/list]
Image Image

rednick90
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by rednick90 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:44 pm

Tyr will Swap Places with Karadlon and attack Goblin dog 4 if he is able. Attack and damage with short sword. (1d20+5=21, 1d4+1=5)
OUT OF CHARACTER
Swap Places: Feat: The character is skilled at changing places with an ally during combat.

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:08 pm

rednick90 wrote:Tyr will Swap Places with Karadlon and attack Goblin dog 4 if he is able. Attack and damage with short sword. (1d20+5=21, 1d4+1=5)
OUT OF CHARACTER
Swap Places: Feat: The character is skilled at changing places with an ally during combat.

OUT OF CHARACTER
A noble feat, but Karadlon does not have it, he is not the same size as Tyr, and more importantly, Kara is unconscious.

Image Image

rednick90
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by rednick90 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:33 pm

Then he will move to O5 and attack the same dog. thanks.

Return to “{PbP} Council of Thieves {Pathfinder} [FULL][ON HOLD]”