CoT: Bastards of Erebus - The Hunt for Whitechin

You and your fellow adventurers help restore the crumbling honor of Westcrown, fight against a decades-old curse, and do battle with an enemy far more deadly than any simple fiend, all in the hopes of returning a measure of splendor to this long-beset metropolis.
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Re: CoT: Bastards of Erebus - The Hunt for Whitechin

Post by Duniagdra » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:40 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Waiting on Karadlon and Equalis I think.

Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image

scarymike23
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by scarymike23 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:19 am

Equals, moving up to Karadlon with a 5 foot step, says You're supposed to keep that red stuff on the inside, my friend. and then casts a spell. A healing light washes over Karadlon, closing some of his wounds.

Swap Shield other for Cure Mod wounds. (2d8+3=9)
-SM

The Hunter
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by The Hunter » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:42 pm

As Karadlon's wounds begin to close considerably, he nods, Thank you, my friend. Your advice has been duly noted. His voice a rasp from the pain and blood, but still one of his rare smiles crosses his face as he nodded to Equalis. Karadlon then takes a step forward to O5 and takes aim at the goblin that Tyr is combating and hurls another ball of acid at it, attempting to time the throw to pass by Tyr without harm.

Acid Splash ranged touch vs. Goblin 6 (1d20+7=21, 1d3+1=2)
OUT OF CHARACTER
Have factored Point Blank Shot feat into the attack and damage and the Bless spell. Also Karadlon has the Precise Shot feat to avoid the -4 penalty for ranged attacks into melee.

Image Kaladron Daladar-Elf Wizard 2/Fighter 1
Image Daglaron-Elan Psion-Wizard 3/Cerebremancer-Druid 4/Psion-Arcane Hierophant 3
Image Ryder-Halfling Cavalier 4
Image Scorpius Black-Human Rogue 4

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:39 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
My apologies to you all for this extended delay. My current uncertain situation has me full of occupied duties trying to keep from losing my apartment.

On another note, I'm in need of a player to take over Erin, a character from Legacy of Fire, who's player has dropped out.

1. Round 8.5:
  2. Equalis Rivermore <-- Full Action
  3. Rundorrig Lartzen <-- Full Action
  4. Olomorn <--- Full Action[/n]
Equals, moving up to Karadlon with a five foot step, says You're supposed to keep that red stuff on the inside, my friend. and then casts a spell. A healing light washes over Karadlon, closing some of his wounds. Run wrenches his blades free of the fallen dog and turns towards the goblins. He takes a five foot step forward to N7 and attacks with scimitar & dagger on Goblin7. While the goblin parries the scimitar, Run is able to to drive his dagger through the goblin's defense and stab it in the flank, driving half the blade between its ribs. Olo moves up to attack the southern most goblin. Having to provoke an attack from the goblin anyhow to get into a striking position he squeezes past Keider and the wall to be directly south of the goblin facing Keider. Two goblins strike at Olo, but only the furthest goblin catches Olo as he pushes forward, but only gets a minor cut to his arm. Olo then lashes out at the goblin felling the goblin in a decisive blow.
(Karadlon, 9 Healing; Goblin 7, 5 Damage; Olo, 3 Damage)
  1. Round 9:
  2. Karadlon Daladar <--- Full Action
  3. Tyr <--- Full Action
  4. Keider Paol <--- Full Action
  5. Goblin<-- Full Action
As Karadlon's wounds begin to close considerably, he nods, [whisper]Thank you, my friend. Your advice has been duly noted.[/whisper] His voice a rasp from the pain and blood, but still one of his rare smiles crosses his face as he nodded to Equalis. Karadlon then takes a step forward to O5 and takes aim at the goblin that Tyr is combating and hurls another ball of acid at it, attempting to time the throw to pass by Tyr without harm. The goblin is struck to the side of the face burning only a cheek, but burning it well enough to stagger the goblin. Tyr will attack the goblin in N8 with a downward cut catching the goblin just enough to clip the calf and sever muscle and ligament. The goblin falls motionless. Keider swings at Goblin25 with his rapier, but his slice sails over the goblin's head.
Goblin 6 steps back to N10 and goblin 24 attacks Tyr, but fails to connect. There's a sudden strumming of strings as Keider and Olo each tack an arrow to a shoulder or arm with one arrow skimming past Keider's head and another skittering on the floor beyond Olomorn after passing through his legs.
(Goblin 6, 2 Damage, Staggered; Goblin 7, 2 Damage, Unconscious, Dying; Goblin 25, 2 Damage, Unconscious, Dying; Keider, 4 Damage; Olomorn, 3 Damage)
  1. Round 9.5:
  1. Round 10:
  3. Tyr <--- Full Action
  5. Goblin<-- Full Action
ACTIVE EFFECTS
[list]Party:[list][*]Karadlon, 15/24, Staggered[*]Keider, 20/29[*]Tyr, 30/37[*]Olomorn, 38/44[/list]Foe:[list][*]Commando 6, Dead[*]Goblin 6, 6 Damage, Staggered[*]Goblin 7, 7 Damage, Unconscious, Dying[*]Goblin 25, 13 Damage, Unconscious, Dying[*]Goblin 6, 4 Damage[*]Goblin Dog 1, Dead[*]Goblin Dog 2, Dead[*]Goblin Dog 3, Dead[*]Goblin Dog 4, Dead[*]Goblin Dog 7, Dead[/list]Effects:[list][*]Bless: +1 to attack and +1 saves vs fear (Morale bonus) 8/30 rounds.[/list][/list]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Image

scarymike23
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by scarymike23 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:26 pm

Equalis sprints over to see down the hallway, pulling his loaded crossbow as he does. Stopping at P9 (avoiding goblin 24 while doing so), he takes aim and fires at Goblin 13.
Attack and damage (1d20+6=13, 1d8=2)
-SM

Hartygan
Knight
Knight

Post by Hartygan » Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:20 pm

With a quick thrust of his scimitar, Rundorrig dispatches the downed goblin7 and steps forward to engage goblin24
ImageRundorrig Lartzen - Human ranger

rednick90
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by rednick90 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:03 pm

Tyr will make a 5' step to O9 and attack goblin 24.
attack and damage. (1d20+6=8, 1d4+1=4)

Fenrir will move to O8 and also bite goblin 24.
bite and damage (1d20+4=10, 1d6+2=8)
Last edited by rednick90 on Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Sabine Human alchemist 4
Image Jormungandr: Dwarf/Fighter
Image Baron Von Freeze: Gnome/Summoner

kabkal
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6

Post by kabkal » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:33 pm

Olo will turn to go down the hall and while enraged charge at the goblin at V9.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Charge and rage vs the goblin at V9 (1d20+11=22, 2d6+7=19)

Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image BART 1173: Andriod/Pisterol
ImageDM of We Just Stopped Here...
Image Gerbull: Tortle Barbarian

The Hunter
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by The Hunter » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:50 am

Karadlon's attention shifts to Goblin 24 and he summons forth another orb of acid and hurls it in that direction.
Acid Splash ranged touch vs. Goblin 24 (1d20+7=22, 1d6+1=4)
Image Daglaron-Elan Psion-Wizard 3/Cerebremancer-Druid 4/Psion-Arcane Hierophant 3

marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE

Post by marine7312000 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:52 pm

Keider takes a step back behind the corner and sheathes his rapier. He then asks Anyone got a spare crossbow?

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:06 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Sorry guys.I plum forgot. I started to validate and saved a draft, but was not able to finish. I don't have time today, and this weekend will be busy, but I'll get back to it on Monday. Promise.

Image Image

rednick90
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by rednick90 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:36 pm

no worries

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:35 pm

1. Round 9.5:
Equalis sprints over to see down the hallway, pulling his loaded crossbow as he does. Stopping beside Keider and Olo taking aim and firing at Goblin 13, but his aim is interfered by Olomorn. The bolt riccorchea off the west wall above the goblin's head and disappears behind them. With a quick thrust of his scimitar, Rundorrig dispatches the downed goblin 7 and steps forward to engage goblin 24. Olo will turn to go down the hall and while enraged charge at goblin 16. Before Olo can reach the goblin with what surely would have been a lethal blow the floor suddenly gives way under him and he falls ten feet into a pit of spikes. While the fall sustains little injury, a spike through the flank of his armor proves very uncomfortable. As Olo nears the goblins, they seem to smile until all at once several things happen. Even in a rage, Olomorn hears the click as his weight triggers a pressure plate that causes the floor to snap, but before it can fall, he uses his momentum to through himself forward, his greatsword coming about in aid to his momentum. He lands hard with a foot to goblin 16's chest and knocks him prone, driving the greater momentum of his into the poor hapless creature's skull. With a grunt, he looks at the three goblins now full of fear and awe at the unexpected turn of events.
(Goblin 16, Dead)
  1. Round 10:
  3. Tyr <--- Full Action
  5. Goblin<-- Full Action
Karadlon's attention shifts to Goblin 24 and he summons forth another orb of acid and hurls it in that direction. The orb hits the goblin in the chest and covers much of his torso and neck seriously injuring the goblin. Tyr will adjust his position and attack goblin 24 from the south. Unfortunately his attack misses. Fenrir then takes Tyr's emptied place and attacks goblin 24 also, but the goblin manages to evade Fenrir's bite. Keider takes a step back behind the corner and sheathes his rapier. He then asks [talk]Anyone got a spare crossbow?[/talk]
The three remaining goblins flee provoking an opening for Olomorn to attack goblin 13 as he flees, cutting another goblin in two. The other two goblins disappear int he darkness beyond shrieking as they run.
(Goblin 13, Dead; Goblin 24, 4 Damage)
  1. Round 10.5:
  1. Round 11:
  3. Tyr <--- Full Action
  5. Goblin<-- Full Action
ACTIVE EFFECTS
[list]Party:[list][*]Karadlon, 15/24, Staggered[*]Keider, 20/29[*]Tyr, 30/37[*]Olomorn, 38/44(50)[*]Fenrir, 1 Damage[/list]Foe:[list][*]Commando 6, Dead[*]Goblin 6, 6 Damage, Staggered[*]Goblin 7, Dead[*]Goblin 13, Dead[*]Goblin 16, Dead[*]Goblin 24, 4 Damage[*]Goblin 25, Dead[*]Goblin Dog 1, Dead[*]Goblin Dog 2, Dead[*]Goblin Dog 3, Dead[*]Goblin Dog 4, Dead[*]Goblin Dog 7, Dead[/list]Effects:[list][*]Bless: +1 to attack and +1 saves vs fear (Morale bonus) 9/30 rounds.[/list][/list]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Image

Hartygan
Knight
Knight

Post by Hartygan » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:33 pm

Rundorrig swings both his weapons in a blistering assault of flashing steel on the goblin(24) he is facing
[spoiler]Run's starting position should be N8 this round not N7 that the map shows
Full round action : Scimitar attack; damage - (1d20+5=15, 1d6+3=7) forgot the +1 Bless to attack so 16 to hit; 7 damage
Dagger attack; damage - (1d20+5+1=22, 1d4+3=6)
NB: if the primary attack kills goblin 24, Run will spin past g24 with a 5' step and dispatch goblin6 with his dagger, finishing on N9[/spoiler]

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:39 am

Hartygan wrote:Rundorrig swings both his weapons in a blistering assault of flashing steel on the goblin(24) he is facing
[spoiler]Run's starting position should be N8 this round not N7 that the map shows
Full round action : Scimitar attack; damage - (1d20+5=15, 1d6+3=7) forgot the +1 Bless to attack so 16 to hit; 7 damage
Dagger attack; damage - (1d20+5+1=22, 1d4+3=6)
NB: if the primary attack kills goblin 24, Run will spin past g24 with a 5' step and dispatch goblin6 with his dagger, finishing on N9[/spoiler]
OUT OF CHARACTER
Run's starting point for this round has been correct on my end.

Image Image

scarymike23
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by scarymike23 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:51 am

Equalis winces as he see's Olo leap over the pit. [talk]These goblins are crafty! I'm bloody lucky they've got such bad aim. Nice leap, Olo![/talk]

Equalis reloads, takes aim and fires at goblin number 13, just before 5 foot step-ing to cover at p10.
Shot and damage (1d20+6=25, 1d8+2=6)
Last edited by scarymike23 on Tue May 17, 2011 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
-SM

kabkal
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6

Post by kabkal » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:16 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
Before I make my move I wanted to make sure my Trap Sense was taken into account for this trap (+1 to avoid, +1 on AC).

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:49 am

kabkal wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
Before I make my move I wanted to make sure my Trap Sense was taken into account for this trap (+1 to avoid, +1 on AC).

OUT OF CHARACTER
Moving to OOC Thread

Image Image

rednick90
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by rednick90 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:09 pm

Fenrir will attack goblin 24. Tyr will also attack it, if the goblin is dead before either of them attack then Tyr will mount fenris and Get ready to jump the pit when there is a space for him to land.
Bite and damage (1d20+4=8, 1d6+2=3)
Sword attack and damage (1d20+6=19, 1d4+1=4)

The Hunter
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by The Hunter » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:27 pm

Karadlon moves around the corner he saw Olomorn go down and moves to square S8 so as to be there should things go sour for his large bellowing ally.

marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE

Post by marine7312000 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:12 pm

Keider curses as he sees the pit open behind Olo. He seems to be gauging the distance before he he mumbles [whisper]Damn it.Why me?[/whisper] and rounds the corner at a dead sprint
OUT OF CHARACTER
Move to V8, taking extra move action instead of standard action

and leaping across the pit.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Acrobatics to leap across pit (1d20+11=24)

scarymike23
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by scarymike23 » Tue May 17, 2011 10:37 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
I edited my post to reflect that OLO did not fall into the pit.

-SM

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Tue May 17, 2011 4:10 pm

1. Round 10.5:
Equalis winces as he see's Olo leap over the pit. [talk]These goblins are crafty! I'm bloody lucky they've got such bad aim. Nice leap, Olo![/talk] He then reloads, takes aim, and fires at goblin 14 before taking cover behind the corner. The shaft plunges into the fleeing goblin's back causing him to stagger. Rundorrig swings both his Scimitar and Dagger in a blistering assault of flashing steel on goblin 24, dropping the goblin with gaping a gaping wound from the scimitar to his chest. He then carries the momentum in a fluid motion and plunges his dagger into the chest of goblin 6, dropping it as well.
(Goblin 14, 6 Damage, Staggered; Goblin 24, 7 Damage, Unconscious, Dying; Goblin 6, Unconscious, Dying)
  1. Round 11:
  3. Tyr <--- Full Action
  5. Goblin<-- Full Action
Karadlon moves around the corner he saw Olomorn go down and moves to square S8 so as to be there should things go sour for his large bellowing ally. With no more real threats to face here in the main hall, Tyr summons Fenrir to him and he mounts and together they bound over the pit to land beside Olomorn. Keider curses as he sees the pit open behind Olo. He seems to be gauging the distance before he he mumbles [whisper]Damn it.Why me?[/whisper] and rounds the corner at a dead sprint to leap across the pit and suddenly knows how birds feel as they soar through the air. He bounds over Tyr and Fenrir to squish the chest of the dead goblin 13.
OUT OF CHARACTER
I don't have an action for Olomorn, so I'm not setting up the next round or the goblin's actions until he posts.
Please! No one post an action until I have Olo's action. Depending on what he does, something may happen.
Goblin 15

ACTIVE EFFECTS
[list]Party:[list][*]Karadlon, 15/24, Staggered[*]Keider, 20/29[*]Tyr, 30/37[*]Olomorn, 38/44(50)[*]Fenrir, 1 Damage[/list]Foe:[list][*]Commando 6, Dead[*]Goblin 6, 6 Damage, Staggered[*]Goblin 7, Dead[*]Goblin 13, Dead[*]Goblin 16, Dead[*]Goblin 24, 4 Damage[*]Goblin 25, Dead[*]Goblin Dog 1, Dead[*]Goblin Dog 2, Dead[*]Goblin Dog 3, Dead[*]Goblin Dog 4, Dead[*]Goblin Dog 7, Dead[/list]Effects:[list][*]Bless: +1 to attack and +1 saves vs fear (Morale bonus) 9/30 rounds.[/list][/list]
Image Image

kabkal
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6

Post by kabkal » Wed May 18, 2011 8:29 pm

Olo, tired of the floor falling out from under him will go to Z10 by walking to W9 - X10 - Y10 - Z10. Then he will attack goblin 15.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Attack on Goblin 15 (1d20+11=24, 2d6+7=13) Sorry, had charge on, should be 22

[1effect]Rage round 4, 5 rounds left, only effects on[/1effect]

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Wed May 18, 2011 10:39 pm

1. Round 10.5:
Equalis winces as he see's Olo leap over the pit. [talk]These goblins are crafty! I'm bloody lucky they've got such bad aim. Nice leap, Olo![/talk] He then reloads, takes aim, and fires at goblin 14 before taking cover behind the corner. The shaft plunges into the fleeing goblin's back causing him to stagger. Rundorrig swings both his Scimitar and Dagger in a blistering assault of flashing steel on goblin 24, dropping the goblin with gaping a gaping wound from the scimitar to his chest. He then carries the momentum in a fluid motion and plunges his dagger into the chest of goblin 6, dropping it as well. Olo, having his full of unseen traps, makes a path along the wall as he speed-walks after goblin 15 and slams his greatsword into its back, dropping it in one blow.
(Goblin 14, 6 Damage, Staggered; Goblin 24, 7 Damage, Unconscious, Dying; Goblin 6, Unconscious, Dying; Goblin 15, 13 Damage, Unconscious, Dying)
  1. Round 11:
  3. Tyr <--- Full Action
  5. Goblin<-- Full Action
Karadlon moves around the corner he saw Olomorn go down and moves to square S8 so as to be there should things go sour for his large bellowing ally. With no more real threats to face here in the main hall, Tyr summons Fenrir to him and he mounts and together they bound over the pit to land beside Olomorn. Keider curses as he sees the pit open behind Olo. He seems to be gauging the distance before he he mumbles [whisper]Damn it.Why me?[/whisper] and rounds the corner at a dead sprint to leap across the pit and suddenly knows how birds feel as they soar through the air. He bounds over Tyr and Fenrir to squish the chest of the dead goblin 13.
Goblin 14, not at all excited in how things are turning out, throws caution to the wind and continues to flee, but the exertion is too much for his wounds and he falls unconscious.
(Goblin 14, 1 Damage, Unconscious, Dying)
Further south, the sounds of running feet can be heard coming at you.
  1. Round 11.5:
  1. Round 12:
  3. Tyr <--- Full Action
  5. Goblin<-- Full Action
ACTIVE EFFECTS
[list]Party:[list][*]Karadlon, 15/24, Staggered[*]Keider, 20/29[*]Tyr, 30/37[*]Olomorn, 38/44(50)[list]Rage[*]round 4[*]5 rounds left[/list][*]Fenrir, 1 Damage[/list]Foe:[list][*]Commando 6, Dead[*]Goblin 6, 12 Damage, Unconscious, Dying[*]Goblin 7, Dead[*]Goblin 13, Dead[*]Goblin 14, 7 Damage, Unconscious, Dying[*]Goblin 15, 13 Damage, Unconscious, Dying[*]Goblin 16, Dead[*]Goblin 24, 11 Damage, Unconscious, Dying[*]Goblin 25, Dead[*]Goblin Dog 1, Dead[*]Goblin Dog 2, Dead[*]Goblin Dog 3, Dead[*]Goblin Dog 4, Dead[*]Goblin Dog 7, Dead[/list]Effects:[list][*]Bless: +1 to attack and +1 saves vs fear (Morale bonus) 9/30 rounds.[/list][/list]
GoblinHunt.jpg
GoblinHunt.jpg
Image Image

scarymike23
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by scarymike23 » Thu May 19, 2011 10:12 am

Equalis yells out "[yell]More are coming![/yell] and suddenly sprints off towards the south yelling a prayer to his goddess the whole way.

To your surprise, Equalis doesn't stop at the pit, but instead leaps with all his heavily armored might to clear the pit. (acrobatics for jump (1d20-4=13))
OUT OF CHARACTER
Unless I'm mistaken, dc 10 for a running start longjump of 10 feet. http://www.d20pfsrd.com/skills/acrobatics

Landing at v9, Equalis looks shocked as anyone that he made it. He then yells out [yell]I call upon the favor of Milani to mend some of your wounds.[/yell]
OUT OF CHARACTER
Channel energy 30-foot radius centered on the Equalis. This should hit everyone except Run, who is unwounded. Use selective channeling feat to exclude the two unconscious goblins. Healing 2d6 = Burst healing (2d6=8)

-SM

kabkal
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6

Post by kabkal » Sat May 21, 2011 5:49 pm

Not knowing what is coming Olo will stop his rage and will take a full round to regroup before moving down the hall to aid his comrade in arms.
ACTIVE EFFECTS
Rage: Off (4 of 9 rounds used)
Fatigued(1 of 4 rounds)

marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE

Post by marine7312000 » Sat May 21, 2011 7:30 pm

Keider moves forward to AA7 and keeps watch around the corner.

Hartygan
Knight
Knight

Post by Hartygan » Sun May 22, 2011 8:28 am

The immedate threat being dealt with, Rundorrig takes a quick look around to make sure no more goblins are lurking.
He steps forward to N10 and looks up the corridore to his left. If no threat is seen he moves forward to O12.
If still no threat is seen, he moves back to O9 and waits to see which way the party decides to go.
[spoiler]If a threat is seen at N10 he yells out to the group and gets ready to fight. If there is threat seen from N12, he still backs up to O9 and yells down the corridor.[/spoiler]

rednick90
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by rednick90 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:51 am

Tyr will stay on fenrir and ready his lance for a charge at the first goblin he sees.

Return to “{PbP} Council of Thieves {Pathfinder} [FULL][ON HOLD]”