CoD: Mission - Kobold King's Kraving [ENDED]

Active Missions are posted in this section; One Mission per Thread
Locked
User avatar
PowerRongeur
BARON
BARON
Posts: 244
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:01 am
Location: Canada

Re: CoD: Mission - Kobold King's Kraving

Post by PowerRongeur » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:46 pm

kabkal wrote:
PowerRongeur wrote:
kabkal wrote:Kinster will fire at D4 once again.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Fire at dog 3 again (1d20+9=18, 1d4=4)did not factor in cover or melee if needed

 

Kinster fires at adog but Kyhe is in his line of fire. Because of the bad angle, Kinster hits the wrong dog.

Kyhe lets know his discontent and also that the party is being surrounded by humans, he can smell two on each side and 4 or more in front of them.
OUT OF CHARACTER
I am confused why an 18 would hit my own dog. It cannot be that bad of a shot.

 

OUT OF CHARACTER
The AC of a dog is 15. +4 for firing into melee. So tha AC is 19. Since the melee penalty made you miss the dog, it means it hits Kyhe instead.

 

Famous Last Words: "No more healing? Let's go in anyways!"

kabkal
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6
Posts: 2825
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:13 pm
Location: USA

Re: CoD: Mission - Kobold King's Kraving

Post by kabkal » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:39 am

PowerRongeur wrote:
kabkal wrote:
PowerRongeur wrote:
kabkal wrote:Kinster will fire at D4 once again.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Fire at dog 3 again (1d20+9=18, 1d4=4)did not factor in cover or melee if needed

 

Kinster fires at adog but Kyhe is in his line of fire. Because of the bad angle, Kinster hits the wrong dog.

Kyhe lets know his discontent and also that the party is being surrounded by humans, he can smell two on each side and 4 or more in front of them.
OUT OF CHARACTER
I am confused why an 18 would hit my own dog. It cannot be that bad of a shot.

 

OUT OF CHARACTER
The AC of a dog is 15. +4 for firing into melee. So tha AC is 19. Since the melee penalty made you miss the dog, it means it hits Kyhe instead.

 

OUT OF CHARACTER
I am not typically a rule arguer, but this makes no sense. Just because I miss does not mean I hit a friend. A miss is just that, a miss. Your logic says every miss with an arrow has to hit something. The arrow could have gone long, to the right or to the left. Which means I could have hit H4 just as easily, especially since Kyhe is shorter than me and only 5' in front of me. The odds of me shooting an arrow down and only 5' are slim (i.e. 1 in 20 - a fumble). If I were to miss then the arrow would have gone above Kyhe and past D4. Again, this makes no sense.

Speaking of H4, can you actually charge in this tall grass? Wouldn't tall grass be a terrain hindrance? I get that he could move, but not charge. Which if he cannot charge, wouldn't Kyhe get an AoO?

 

Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image BART 1173: Andriod/Pisterol
ImageDM of We Just Stopped Here...
Image Gerbull: Tortle Barbarian

User avatar
gondolin1
Divine Rank 2
Divine Rank 2
Posts: 398
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2005 3:53 pm
Location: St Jean Sur Richelieu, Quebec, Canada

Re: CoD: Mission - Kobold King's Kraving

Post by gondolin1 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:03 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
I don't know what the status of D5 of D6 is, but the Dragon shaman will hit the most injured one with Toe-crusher, otherwise D5 is the target.

 


BBCode
Power attack at 3 (1d20+4=19, 1d6+6=9)

Bad doggee.
Smash the Barbarian says : Save our trees, eat beavers...!

User avatar
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-
Posts: 14774
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 5:51 pm
Location: Golarion
Contact:

Re: CoD: Mission - Kobold King's Kraving

Post by admin » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:38 am

gondolin1 wrote:Bad doggee.
I heard that! Dogeee NOT bad! Dogeee be good to protect his Master Kal Hiss!!

User avatar
PowerRongeur
BARON
BARON
Posts: 244
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:01 am
Location: Canada

Re: CoD: Mission - Kobold King's Kraving

Post by PowerRongeur » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:48 pm

kabkal wrote:
PowerRongeur wrote:
kabkal wrote:
PowerRongeur wrote:
kabkal wrote:Kinster will fire at D4 once again.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Fire at dog 3 again (1d20+9=18, 1d4=4)did not factor in cover or melee if needed

 

Kinster fires at adog but Kyhe is in his line of fire. Because of the bad angle, Kinster hits the wrong dog.

Kyhe lets know his discontent and also that the party is being surrounded by humans, he can smell two on each side and 4 or more in front of them.
OUT OF CHARACTER
I am confused why an 18 would hit my own dog. It cannot be that bad of a shot.

 

OUT OF CHARACTER
The AC of a dog is 15. +4 for firing into melee. So tha AC is 19. Since the melee penalty made you miss the dog, it means it hits Kyhe instead.

 

OUT OF CHARACTER
I am not typically a rule arguer, but this makes no sense. Just because I miss does not mean I hit a friend. A miss is just that, a miss. Your logic says every miss with an arrow has to hit something. The arrow could have gone long, to the right or to the left. Which means I could have hit H4 just as easily, especially since Kyhe is shorter than me and only 5' in front of me. The odds of me shooting an arrow down and only 5' are slim (i.e. 1 in 20 - a fumble). If I were to miss then the arrow would have gone above Kyhe and past D4. Again, this makes no sense.

Speaking of H4, can you actually charge in this tall grass? Wouldn't tall grass be a terrain hindrance? I get that he could move, but not charge. Which if he cannot charge, wouldn't Kyhe get an AoO?

 

OUT OF CHARACTER
I'm using the rule on p.24 of the DMG that states that if the attack misses because of the firing into melee modifier then the friendly target gets hit. If you miss by 7, then you hit nothing. If you miss by 2 because of melee, then you hit your friend.

Now, as for charging: You're right, they couldn't charge. But if we go back and look at the rolls, that wouldn't change the outcome. Instead, it would be worse for you since they wouldn't take the -2 to AC. But since I made the mistake, you get to keep the -2 to AC advantage. Nevertheless, Kyhe wouldn't get an AoO since a charge is going straight at the target.

 

Famous Last Words: "No more healing? Let's go in anyways!"

User avatar
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-
Posts: 14774
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 5:51 pm
Location: Golarion
Contact:

Re: CoD: Mission - Kobold King's Kraving

Post by admin » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:44 am

I was not familiar with that Variant Rule, so here is the text:
DMG p24 wrote:VARIANT: STRIKING THE COVER INSTEAD OF A MISSED TARGET
In ranged combat against a target that has cover, it may be important to know whether the cover was actually struck by an incoming attack that misses the intended target. First, determine if the attack roll would have hit the protected target without the cover. If the attack roll falls within a range low enough to miss the target with cover but high enough to strike the target if there had been no cover, the object used for cover was struck. If a creature is providing cover for another character and the attack roll exceeds the AC of the covering creature, the covering creature takes the damage intended for the target.

If the covering creature has a Dexterity bonus to AC or a dodge bonus, and this bonus keeps the covering creature from being hit, then the original target is hit instead. The covering creature has dodged out of the way and didn’t provide cover after all. A covering creature can choose not to apply his Dexterity bonus to AC and/or his dodge bonus, if his intent is to try to take the damage in order to keep the covered character from being hit
If we use that Variant Rules, does it means we ignore the Regular rules for Firing Into Melee which gives a -4 penalty to attack because you are actively trying to avoid hitting an Ally?
PRD wrote:Shooting or Throwing into a Melee: If you shoot or throw a ranged weapon at a target engaged in melee with a friendly character, you take a –4 penalty on your attack roll. Two characters are engaged in melee if they are enemies of each other and either threatens the other. (An unconscious or otherwise immobilized character is not considered engaged unless he is actually being attacked.)
Note that the Variant rule is not based on the -4 penalty of firing into melee, but the penalty from the COVER (which could be the same, worst or better...)

kabkal
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6
Posts: 2825
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:13 pm
Location: USA

Re: CoD: Mission - Kobold King's Kraving

Post by kabkal » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:00 pm

admin wrote:I was not familiar with that Variant Rule, so here is the text:
DMG p24 wrote:VARIANT: STRIKING THE COVER INSTEAD OF A MISSED TARGET
In ranged combat against a target that has cover, it may be important to know whether the cover was actually struck by an incoming attack that misses the intended target. First, determine if the attack roll would have hit the protected target without the cover. If the attack roll falls within a range low enough to miss the target with cover but high enough to strike the target if there had been no cover, the object used for cover was struck. If a creature is providing cover for another character and the attack roll exceeds the AC of the covering creature, the covering creature takes the damage intended for the target.

If the covering creature has a Dexterity bonus to AC or a dodge bonus, and this bonus keeps the covering creature from being hit, then the original target is hit instead. The covering creature has dodged out of the way and didn’t provide cover after all. A covering creature can choose not to apply his Dexterity bonus to AC and/or his dodge bonus, if his intent is to try to take the damage in order to keep the covered character from being hit
If we use that Variant Rules, does it means we ignore the Regular rules for Firing Into Melee which gives a -4 penalty to attack because you are actively trying to avoid hitting an Ally?
PRD wrote:Shooting or Throwing into a Melee: If you shoot or throw a ranged weapon at a target engaged in melee with a friendly character, you take a –4 penalty on your attack roll. Two characters are engaged in melee if they are enemies of each other and either threatens the other. (An unconscious or otherwise immobilized character is not considered engaged unless he is actually being attacked.)
Note that the Variant rule is not based on the -4 penalty of firing into melee, but the penalty from the COVER (which could be the same, worst or better...)
OUT OF CHARACTER
OK, here is my last comment, and then your ruling stands. Going off the section that says "If the covering creature has a Dexterity bonus to AC or a dodge bonus, and this bonus keeps the covering creature from being hit, then the original target is hit instead. The covering creature has dodged out of the way and didn’t provide cover after all. A covering creature can choose not to apply his Dexterity bonus to AC and/or his dodge bonus, if his intent is to try to take the damage in order to keep the covered character from being hit" since Kyhe has a +2 Dex bonus, he is actually not hit, and the original target is hit. That is if I am reading this correctly. If not, and you rule Kyhe is dead, then he is dead and we move on. Of course if I hit my original target, that might have killed him first, which then might have changed others actions...

 

Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image BART 1173: Andriod/Pisterol
ImageDM of We Just Stopped Here...
Image Gerbull: Tortle Barbarian

User avatar
PowerRongeur
BARON
BARON
Posts: 244
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:01 am
Location: Canada

Re: CoD: Mission - Kobold King's Kraving

Post by PowerRongeur » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:00 pm

admin wrote:I was not familiar with that Variant Rule, so here is the text:
DMG p24 wrote:VARIANT: STRIKING THE COVER INSTEAD OF A MISSED TARGET
In ranged combat against a target that has cover, it may be important to know whether the cover was actually struck by an incoming attack that misses the intended target. First, determine if the attack roll would have hit the protected target without the cover. If the attack roll falls within a range low enough to miss the target with cover but high enough to strike the target if there had been no cover, the object used for cover was struck. If a creature is providing cover for another character and the attack roll exceeds the AC of the covering creature, the covering creature takes the damage intended for the target.

If the covering creature has a Dexterity bonus to AC or a dodge bonus, and this bonus keeps the covering creature from being hit, then the original target is hit instead. The covering creature has dodged out of the way and didn’t provide cover after all. A covering creature can choose not to apply his Dexterity bonus to AC and/or his dodge bonus, if his intent is to try to take the damage in order to keep the covered character from being hit
If we use that Variant Rules, does it means we ignore the Regular rules for Firing Into Melee which gives a -4 penalty to attack because you are actively trying to avoid hitting an Ally?
PRD wrote:Shooting or Throwing into a Melee: If you shoot or throw a ranged weapon at a target engaged in melee with a friendly character, you take a –4 penalty on your attack roll. Two characters are engaged in melee if they are enemies of each other and either threatens the other. (An unconscious or otherwise immobilized character is not considered engaged unless he is actually being attacked.)
Note that the Variant rule is not based on the -4 penalty of firing into melee, but the penalty from the COVER (which could be the same, worst or better...)
First of all, your link goes to a pathfinder rule and we're playing 3,5. The wording might have changed between the two editions. But that is besides the point.

From what I understand and what has been a long standing traditon in my gaming group, the -4 for firing into melee is the same as a cover penalty. Now I realize that not everybody is doing the same but I was under the impression that it was pretty much a given in those using this variant rule.

That being said, I'm not here to kill for the fun of it so,I'm going to go and call it a miss that hit nobody. Kyhe gets 4 hp back, Is alive but in a bad shape. Anyone who wants to change his action in light of this can do so.
Famous Last Words: "No more healing? Let's go in anyways!"

User avatar
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-
Posts: 14774
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 5:51 pm
Location: Golarion
Contact:

Re: CoD: Mission - Kobold King's Kraving

Post by admin » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:55 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
[quote="PowerRongeur"]First of all, your link goes to a pathfinder rule and we're playing 3,5. The wording might have changed between the two editions. But that is besides the point.[/quote]My bad - I forgot to mention that these rules are identical in 3.5/PRD, and have only been refined (re-worded) in Pathfinder to be clearer than the definitions found in 3.5 of "cover". I went over these rules a week ago when implemented new Laptop features, and I offered the result of my work. The rules for Cover in D&D3.5 are available here.

[quote]From what I understand and what has been a long standing traditon in my gaming group, the -4 for firing into melee is the same as a cover penalty. [/quote]You and I both know (well, Gondolon1 as well!) that some of these "traditions" date back to earlier versions of D&D and do not exist in 3.5... HEHEHEHE

And my last comment on this subject - As the DM, you can use any house rule/variant rules/old rule you wish - Just let us know so that we may adapt our play accordingly (i.e. like get that precise shot feat to avoid this topic altogether ;) ) - Mui Gracias!!

 


User avatar
gondolin1
Divine Rank 2
Divine Rank 2
Posts: 398
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2005 3:53 pm
Location: St Jean Sur Richelieu, Quebec, Canada

Re: CoD: Mission - Kobold King's Kraving

Post by gondolin1 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:36 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
You know what I think? Well not much, I just wanted to write something so I wouldn't feel left out...

I will be offline 'till saturday for reasons obvious to Power and Admin. Sorry about that.

 

Smash the Barbarian says : Save our trees, eat beavers...!

User avatar
PowerRongeur
BARON
BARON
Posts: 244
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:01 am
Location: Canada

Re: CoD: Mission - Kobold King's Kraving

Post by PowerRongeur » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:34 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
First some corrections:
As previously stated, Kyhe has recieved 12 damages instead of 16.
Also, Kinster wasn't hit by the arrow (forgot to take the cover into account).

 

patransom wrote:As a move action, Eel redirects her spiritual spear to attack H4. She then moves herself to K8, getting in position to provide healing support.
OUT OF CHARACTER
1d20+6=7, 1d8+2=10. That is unacceptable, Using luck domain power to reroll attack (1d20+6=16)

 

Eel uses the power of her god to smite the hooman infidel.

admin wrote:Kal Hiss takes advantage of the fact that Human #3 has let his guard down for a moment (after his charge!) to attack it:

3x Arrows vs H3 (1d20+7=19, 1d6+3=4, 1d20+7=19, 1d6+3=4, 1d20+7=9, 1d6+3=4)

Dogeee will also attack H3 (1d20+3=15, 1d6+3=9) (don't forget his -2 to AC for charging :P )
Kal Hiss and Doggee in a classic one-two punch take out the human who was threathening them.

gondolin1 wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
I don't know what the status of D5 of D6 is, but the Dragon shaman will hit the most injured one with Toe-crusher, otherwise D5 is the target.

 

BBCode
Power attack at 3 (1d20+4=19, 1d6+6=9)

Bad doggee.
Toe-crusher lives up to it's name and cracks the skull of the bad hooman doggee, killing it instantly.
plain5.png
OUT OF CHARACTER
Intiative Order:
Kinster
Humans
Eel
Rikticktik
Kal Hiss

Damage:
Rikticktik: 2 damages
Doggee: 3 damages
Kyhe: 12 damages

human 4: 10 damages

Spells:
Entropic Shield on Eel
Spiritual Weapon by Eel (5 round left)

Aura:
Toughness

 

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Famous Last Words: "No more healing? Let's go in anyways!"

User avatar
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1
Posts: 6182
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: CoD: Mission - Kobold King's Kraving

Post by patransom » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:09 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
I'm waiting to see what the humans do before posting an action, since what they do might change what I have available.

Also, Eel should be at K8, not K7.

 

Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
Image Agrous Devone: Human Cleric

kabkal
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6
Posts: 2825
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:13 pm
Location: USA

Re: CoD: Mission - Kobold King's Kraving

Post by kabkal » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:57 pm

Kinster will drop his bow, draw his sword and take a 5' step to K9 and attack H4.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Attacking H4 (1d20+9=29, 1d4+1=3)
Threat Confirm (1d20+9=13, 1d4+1=5)
neither of those had flanking if there is any since he is engaged with Kyhe

 

Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image BART 1173: Andriod/Pisterol
ImageDM of We Just Stopped Here...
Image Gerbull: Tortle Barbarian

kabkal
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6
Posts: 2825
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:13 pm
Location: USA

Re: CoD: Mission - Kobold King's Kraving

Post by kabkal » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:04 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Just realized I forgot to have Kyhe attach H4

 

Kyhe will attack H4
OUT OF CHARACTER
Kyhe attack on H4 (1d20+3=20, 1d6+3=5) Flank not included, please add if needed.

 

Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image BART 1173: Andriod/Pisterol
ImageDM of We Just Stopped Here...
Image Gerbull: Tortle Barbarian

User avatar
gondolin1
Divine Rank 2
Divine Rank 2
Posts: 398
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2005 3:53 pm
Location: St Jean Sur Richelieu, Quebec, Canada

Re: CoD: Mission - Kobold King's Kraving

Post by gondolin1 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:51 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
The shaman attacks the last dog next to him

 



BBCode
Dragon Shaman attacking other hooman corn-dog (1d20+4=21, 1d6+9=12)
Smash the Barbarian says : Save our trees, eat beavers...!

User avatar
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-
Posts: 14774
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 5:51 pm
Location: Golarion
Contact:

Re: CoD: Mission - Kobold King's Kraving

Post by admin » Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:07 am

Kal Hiss 5' step to J6 and fires at H6 to help the annoying Rik
3x Arrows vs H6 (1d20+6=20, 1d6+2=8, 1d20+6=7, 1d6+2=4, 1d20+6=21, 1d6+2=4)

Dogeee withdraws to the side of his master, at I7, growling at the enemies
OUT OF CHARACTER
Current Conditions:
Boots of Speed (7 rounds left)
Favored Enemy (Humanoid (human))
Fire into Melee
(inactive) Point Blank Shot
Rapid Shot

 


User avatar
PowerRongeur
BARON
BARON
Posts: 244
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:01 am
Location: Canada

Re: CoD: Mission - Kobold King's Kraving

Post by PowerRongeur » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:24 pm

kabkal wrote:Kinster will drop his bow, draw his sword and take a 5' step to K9 and attack H4.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Attacking H4 (1d20+9=29, 1d4+1=3)
Threat Confirm (1d20+9=13, 1d4+1=5)
neither of those had flanking if there is any since he is engaged with Kyhe

 

Kinster steps up and cuts a deep gash in the hooman forearm, receiving a scream as a trophy.

kabkal wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
Just realized I forgot to have Kyhe attach H4

 

Kyhe will attack H4
OUT OF CHARACTER
Kyhe attack on H4 (1d20+3=20, 1d6+3=5) Flank not included, please add if needed.

 

Then Kyhe snaps at the hooman, severing a major artery that sends the hooman to the floor, lifeless.


Then two dogs attack Rikticktik
Dog 6 attack on Rik (1d20+2=21, 1d6+2=8)
Dog 8, charging, on Rik (1d20+6=22, 1d6+2=8)
doing a number on the Shaman for 14 points of damage.

A dog charges Doggee
Dog 7, charging, on Doggee (1d20+6=17, 1d6+2=5)
and takes a vicious bite out of Doggee

Arrows fly throught the air towards the kobold
Arrow on Eel (1d20+6=22, 1d6=5)
Arrow on Kinster (1d20+6=9, 1d6=3)
Arrow on Rik (1d20+2=9, 1d6=6)
Arrow on Kal Hiss (1d20+6=19, 1d6=6)
Some of them come close but the tall grass blocks arrows near Kal Hiss and Eeleema.

plain6.png
OUT OF CHARACTER
Intiative Order:
Eel
Rikticktik
Kal Hiss
Kinster
Humans

Damage:
Rikticktik: 16 damages
Doggee: 8 damages
Kyhe: 12 damages

Spells:
Entropic Shield on Eel
Spiritual Weapon by Eel (5 round left)

Aura:
Toughness

 

OUT OF CHARACTER
Admin and Gondolin, confirm if you are still doing the same actions please.
Also, everybody roll a spot check, Admin and Kinster get a +2 bonus.

 

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Famous Last Words: "No more healing? Let's go in anyways!"

User avatar
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-
Posts: 14774
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 5:51 pm
Location: Golarion
Contact:

Re: CoD: Mission - Kobold King's Kraving

Post by admin » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:55 pm

Kal Hiss:
Spot Check (add +2 if this is done versus Hoomans!) (1d20+6=8)
Same action for Kal Hiss unless his Spot check lets him see something else...

Dogeee:
Change of action for Dogeee - He will retaliate to the attack suffered:

Dogeee attack vs D#7 (1d20+3=23, 1d6+3=8)
Critical Confirm against D#7 (1d20+3=6, 1d6+3=7)
OUT OF CHARACTER
Query: Does Kal Hiss see any difference in the human Dogs? Or do they appear to be all the same? Are they apparently trained for war? Are they wearing barding/armor? It appears that some of these Dogs are deadlier then others, and I want to know if this difference is 'apparent' to my Character (it smells like Dogs on Bull Strenght! lol)

 


kabkal
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6
Posts: 2825
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:13 pm
Location: USA

Re: CoD: Mission - Kobold King's Kraving

Post by kabkal » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:17 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
Spot check (1d20+7=9)

 

Seeing nothing but grass near him, Kinster will put his sword away and redraw his bow and knock an arrow and ready it for flight at the first sign of movement. Kyhe will just pull back and try not to get attacked again.
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image BART 1173: Andriod/Pisterol
ImageDM of We Just Stopped Here...
Image Gerbull: Tortle Barbarian

User avatar
gondolin1
Divine Rank 2
Divine Rank 2
Posts: 398
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2005 3:53 pm
Location: St Jean Sur Richelieu, Quebec, Canada

Re: CoD: Mission - Kobold King's Kraving

Post by gondolin1 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:42 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
The action for Rikticktick stays the same but he activates Acid shield aura, for 2 points of damage.

 

Last edited by gondolin1 on Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Smash the Barbarian says : Save our trees, eat beavers...!

User avatar
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1
Posts: 6182
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: CoD: Mission - Kobold King's Kraving

Post by patransom » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:28 am

Eel makes a Spot check (1d20+3=13).

As a move action, she directs the spiritual weapon to D6's square. The spiritual weapon attacks D6 (1d20+6=12, 1d8+2=10), but rather ineffectively.

Then, Eel calls upon Divine Spell Power (1d20+4=14), which increases her caster level by 1, and casts cure light wounds on Kyhe (1d8+5=8).
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
Image Agrous Devone: Human Cleric

User avatar
PowerRongeur
BARON
BARON
Posts: 244
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:01 am
Location: Canada

Re: CoD: Mission - Kobold King's Kraving

Post by PowerRongeur » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:49 pm

patransom wrote:As a move action, she directs the spiritual weapon to D6's square. The spiritual weapon attacks D6 (1d20+6=12, 1d8+2=10), but rather ineffectively.

Then, Eel calls upon Divine Spell Power (1d20+4=14), which increases her caster level by 1, and casts cure light wounds on Kyhe (1d8+5=8).
Eel finds it odd that the humans aim so accurately with only the moonlight to guide them but quickly dismisses these concerns to heal Kyhe who grunt in appreciation.

gondolin1 wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
The shaman attacks the last dog next to him

 

BBCode
Dragon Shaman attacking other hooman corn-dog (1d20+4=21, 1d6+9=12)
The shaman make quick work of the last small dog, bashing his skull in one fell swoop.

admin wrote:Kal Hiss 5' step to J6 and fires at H6 to help the annoying Rik
3x Arrows vs H6 (1d20+6=20, 1d6+2=8, 1d20+6=7, 1d6+2=4, 1d20+6=21, 1d6+2=4)
admin wrote:Kal Hiss:
Spot Check (add +2 if this is done versus Hoomans!) (1d20+6=8)
Same action for Kal Hiss unless his Spot check lets him see something else...

Dogeee:
Change of action for Dogeee - He will retaliate to the attack suffered:

Dogeee attack vs D#7 (1d20+3=23, 1d6+3=8)
Critical Confirm against D#7 (1d20+3=6, 1d6+3=7)
OUT OF CHARACTER
Query: Does Kal Hiss see any difference in the human Dogs? Or do they appear to be all the same? Are they apparently trained for war? Are they wearing barding/armor? It appears that some of these Dogs are deadlier then others, and I want to know if this difference is 'apparent' to my Character (it smells like Dogs on Bull Strenght! lol)

 

Kal Hiss steps up and hits twice at a hooman near Rikticktik.
Dogee takes a big bite of the dog who attacked him. Amazingly, the hooman dog is still alive.

The group notices that these last two dogs are bigger, stronger and wiser that ordinary dogs.

kabkal wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
Spot check (1d20+7=9)

 

Seeing nothing but grass near him, Kinster will put his sword away and redraw his bow and knock an arrow and ready it for flight at the first sign of movement. Kyhe will just pull back and try not to get attacked again.
Kabkal aims his bow, ready to spring into action.

Then the big dogs attack.
Dog 7 on Doggee (1d20+4=19, 1d6+2=7)
Dog 8 on Rik (1d20+4=19, 1d6+2=4)
Both dogs aim true. Doggee falls down, Rik is in bad shape and Dog 8 takes some acid damage.

Two human close in on the party. One tries to finish off Rikticktik
H5 on Rik (1d20+5=15, 1d8+1=9)
but fails. The other skirts the skirmish with the shaman and go straight for Kal Hiss who attacked him.
H6 on Kal Hiss (1d20+5=20, 1d8+1=3)
Stinging Kal Hiss with the tip of his longsword.

Arrows fly through the air:
Arrow on Eel (1d20+6=9, 1d6=5)
Arrow on Kinster (1d20+6=16, 1d6=5)
Arrow on Rik (1d20+2=3, 1d6=1)
Arrow on Kal Hiss (1d20+2=16, 1d6=1)
Hitting nothing.
plain7.png
OUT OF CHARACTER
Intiative Order:
Kinster (Holding)
Eel
Rikticktik
Kal Hiss
Humans

Damage:
Rikticktik: 20 damages
Kal Hiss: 3 damages
Doggee: 15 damages
Kyhe: 4 damages

D7: 8 damages
D8: 2 damages
H6: 8 damages

Spells:
Entropic Shield on Eel
Spiritual Weapon by Eel (4 round left)

Aura:
Acid Shield

 

OUT OF CHARACTER
Kabkal, Kinster had a good view of Human 6 when he was coming toward Kal Hiss. If he shoots him or any other target before the humans finish their actions, say it. Otherwise things stand as described here.

 

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Famous Last Words: "No more healing? Let's go in anyways!"

kabkal
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6
Posts: 2825
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:13 pm
Location: USA

Re: CoD: Mission - Kobold King's Kraving

Post by kabkal » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:18 pm

Kinster will fire two arrows at H6.
OUT OF CHARACTER
2 arrows at H6 (1d20+8=19, 1d4+1=4, 1d20+8=9, 1d4+1=2)

 

Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image BART 1173: Andriod/Pisterol
ImageDM of We Just Stopped Here...
Image Gerbull: Tortle Barbarian

User avatar
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1
Posts: 6182
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: CoD: Mission - Kobold King's Kraving

Post by patransom » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:08 am

Eel speaks in Draconic to her minions, These hoomans is tricksy, maybe seeing in the dark like kobolds. We should smash them good as punishment!

As a move action, she directs the spiritual weapon to D8's square. The spiritual weapon attacks D8 (1d20+6=22, 1d8+2=7), this time very effectively.

Eel calls upon Divine Spell Power (1d20+4=8). For the first time, Kurtulmak fails to reward her, as her caster level is reduced by 1. With Rikticktik too far away to help, she takes a 5' step (to J7) and casts cure light wounds on Doggee (1d8+3=6).
OUT OF CHARACTER
I think your damage summary was missing last round's 8 point heal on Kyhe...

 

Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
Image Agrous Devone: Human Cleric

User avatar
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-
Posts: 14774
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 5:51 pm
Location: Golarion
Contact:

Re: CoD: Mission - Kobold King's Kraving

Post by admin » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:52 am

Dogeeee Kal hiss trails off, seeing his loyal friend brought down, but then helped by Eel!!

He moves 5' to i7 (to be 10' from H6) and fires away)
Full Longbow Attack vs H6 (1d20+11=16, 1d6+3=9 // 1d20+11=12, 1d6+3=8 // 1d20+11=26, 1d6+3=6)

Action Point added to first Attack (1d6+16=22)
ACTIVE EFFECTS
[list][*]Action Points left: 6 (unless I used some in this combat? I don't recall.. :P)
[*]Boots of Speed (6 rounds left)
[*]Favored Enemy (Humanoid (human))
[*]Point Blank Shot
[*]Rapid Shot[/list]

User avatar
gondolin1
Divine Rank 2
Divine Rank 2
Posts: 398
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2005 3:53 pm
Location: St Jean Sur Richelieu, Quebec, Canada

Re: CoD: Mission - Kobold King's Kraving

Post by gondolin1 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:05 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
The dragon shaman will take a five-foot step back and drink a potion of cure moderate wounds. Who Rolls?

 

Burrrp! Pardonnez-moi!
Smash the Barbarian says : Save our trees, eat beavers...!

User avatar
PowerRongeur
BARON
BARON
Posts: 244
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:01 am
Location: Canada

Re: CoD: Mission - Kobold King's Kraving

Post by PowerRongeur » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:27 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Because Kinster's attack was a ready action, he gets to go before the human in this round as well. Nobody died since my last update so he can do what he wants...

 

patransom wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
I think your damage summary was missing last round's 8 point heal on Kyhe...

 

OUT OF CHARACTER
Indeed. It has been edited.

 

gondolin1 wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
The dragon shaman will take a five-foot step back and drink a potion of cure moderate wounds. Who Rolls?

 

OUT OF CHARACTER
You go ahead and roll

 

Famous Last Words: "No more healing? Let's go in anyways!"

kabkal
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6
Posts: 2825
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:13 pm
Location: USA

Re: CoD: Mission - Kobold King's Kraving

Post by kabkal » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:31 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
My last action was the two shots I rolled for. Is there something else you are waiting for from me?

 

Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image BART 1173: Andriod/Pisterol
ImageDM of We Just Stopped Here...
Image Gerbull: Tortle Barbarian

User avatar
PowerRongeur
BARON
BARON
Posts: 244
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:01 am
Location: Canada

Re: CoD: Mission - Kobold King's Kraving

Post by PowerRongeur » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:11 am

kabkal wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
My last action was the two shots I rolled for. Is there something else you are waiting for from me?

 

OUT OF CHARACTER
That was a ready action from last round. In this round, you're up followed by the humans. If you do a full round of actions, I can update it all in one go.

 

Famous Last Words: "No more healing? Let's go in anyways!"

User avatar
gondolin1
Divine Rank 2
Divine Rank 2
Posts: 398
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2005 3:53 pm
Location: St Jean Sur Richelieu, Quebec, Canada

Re: CoD: Mission - Kobold King's Kraving

Post by gondolin1 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:36 pm

Smash the Barbarian says : Save our trees, eat beavers...!

Locked

Return to “{PbP} CoD: Mission Area”