CoD: Mission - Destroy the Lich Queen [ENDED]

Active Missions are posted in this section; One Mission per Thread
Benji
DUKE
DUKE

Re: CoD: Mission - Destroy the Lich Queen

Post by Benji » Thu May 13, 2010 2:57 pm

San'Trigay looks at his comrades with barely concealed disgust Lickspittles... King! Whilst my erstwhile... companions... may be valorous enough to do this free of charge, you and I both know that this is not how the world works. I would like my payment in magical equipment. I have... ideas... and am willing to test them out with your reward.
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Thu May 13, 2010 5:25 pm

Benji wrote:San'Trigay looks at his comrades with barely concealed disgust Lickspittles... King! Whilst my erstwhile... companions... may be valorous enough to do this free of charge, you and I both know that this is not how the world works. I would like my payment in magical equipment. I have... ideas... and am willing to test them out with your reward.
You're clearly not implying me as I informed the King with certainty my ears are open to payment, in case you had not heard me. Alydiuss says with a contemptuous glare.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image

Benji
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Benji » Fri May 14, 2010 4:46 am

Duniagdra wrote:You're clearly not implying me as I informed the King with certainty my ears are open to payment, in case you had not heard me. Alydiuss says with a contemptuous glare.
Hah! At least someone here has sense! San'Trigay responds.
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Sun May 16, 2010 10:03 pm

Shaking his head, the king says to those not asking for reward, You will be rewarded. Then to everyone, I offer you a once in a lifetime opportunity. I shall promote your family to Karrnath's nobility. Should you succeed in this mission, you will make fine warlords. If any reject this offer, you will be rewarded monetarily. Regardless, should you succeed in this mission, whether you return or not, those of your blood will never want again.

King Kaius hands each of you a parchment. It is the same for each of you with only the names differing. It is a royal proclamation stating precisely what he has just offered. Should you succeed, you will be named warlords of Karrnath. Should you reject that offer, the reward will be 500,000gp.

Those proclamations are for your eyes only. They are not to leave this office. Should you succeed, they will be put into effect. I simply want you to know with absolute certainty the degree to which you will be rewarded. This task with which you are charged is considered by your contemporaries to be impossible. Yet, I have faith that you will triumph. The Lich Queen is considered by many to be a god. Prove them wrong and show her mortality to all of Eberron.

With those parting words, the party is dismissed. The next post will be a separate thread. It will actually begin the mission.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Image Kolgu 'Sparky' Dermott: Android Rogue/Wizard
Image Garrick Cae'Sarr: Human Bard
Image Hormy Noodzo: Goblin Hunter

Return to “{PbP} CoD: Mission Area”