CoD: Mission - The Old Knight [ENDED]

Active Missions are posted in this section; One Mission per Thread
kabkal
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Re: CoD: Mission - The Old Knight

Post by kabkal » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:56 pm

Clarsen will move up to X10 and stunning fist the bearded guy.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Stunning fist attack on bearded guy (1d20+6=22, 1d8+3=4) DC Fort check = 16

Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image Coty: Gnome/Summoner
ImageBART 1173:Andriod/Pisterol

Arpat
Arpat
Arpat

Post by Arpat » Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:01 pm

As Clarsen moves forward, ignoring the screaming Kobold he strikes the red bearded monster with a straight forward punch. The bearded monster stops reciting shakes his head and is clearly stunned... although no visible marks are left on the place of impact!

Brak, pumped up steps forward and he focusses his attack. His bulging muscles sweep the blade forward in a powerfull arc and he roars as the blade hits, doing massive damage to the stunned monster. His chest gets cut like warm butter as the blade flares when it hits the flesh. Although the monster is red of skin, his blood is from the deepest black. Following his blade in one fluid motion he manages to bite into an arm and his teeth sink deep into the flesh of the bearded monster. But the skin is too hard and his teeth just leave some marks, doing no damage at all!

Skara jumps over the slippery surface of the dead and still smoking monster barely escaping the blade of Brak, just to tumble over the pavement just behind the red monster.

*waiting on the two dwarven warriors*

current status:
Bearded | stunned, still standing | bleeding from a gashing wound out of his chest. (seems like massive damage)
clayman | fighting with the radiant knight
radiant knight | relentlessly attacks the clayman
Mystic man | destroyed a few kobolds with a wall of fire

note: yellow triangle means fleeing from the fight
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Arpat

marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE

Post by marine7312000 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:44 pm

Rogar growls a curse as he moves closer to the fight, transfering his waraxe to his shield hand and drawing and loosing a throwing axe at the bearded creature.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Move to W12 and attack: 1d20+8=13, 1d6+4=7

UnknownDobo
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by UnknownDobo » Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:55 am

Thogric decides that the Radiant knight might be a usefull ally to keep alive so charges up to T3 hacking away at the clayman with his pick axes as if it were a rock face.

1d20+7, 1d20+6=[3, 7], [15, 6]

damage

1d8+5, 1d8+5=[8, 5], [1, 5]

+2 damage due to flank attacks not included.

Unknown Dobo
Cause you know, when you've been doboed.
http://www.unknowndodo.co.uk

patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by patransom » Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:21 am

If the bearded monster is still alive on her turn, Skara will attempt to backstab it and fail miserably.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Stabby, stabby (1d20+11=12, 1d6+2+2d6=8). Rolling a 1 is bad.

If the bearded monster is dead, she will double move to W0 to flank with Thogric.

Arpat
Arpat
Arpat

Post by Arpat » Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:50 pm

Rogar sees Skara move before his eyes and that gets him into motion as well. Still a little shaken he throws his axe and hits the bearded monster quite hard, although he bleeds from the cut the damage is not as much as he would have hoped for.

The bearded monster wavers under the attacks and drops the glaive on the ground...

Thogric sees that the others seem to be succesfull in the attacks and moves toward the radiant knight and the clayman.
His first axe slides through the mud as if it didn't hit anything but his second axe sticks for a few moments in the clay man.
The radiant knight slams his shield with force into the clay man. A strange freezing tingeling sound rings as the clay man instantly freezes. The shield slams into a frozen muddy corpse and shatters the clay man into tiny particles. The particles expolode with such a force that Thoghric is tumbles backwards.
roll reflex - DC 15

this action is actually for the next round (#3)
Skara tries to attack but the falling glaive hits her on the head, so she misses and drops prone on the ground (during round #3)
roll willpower DC 10 to get up before round #4 - otherwise unconcious in round 3 and shaken in round 4

clayman | Exploded
radiant knight | exhausted
Mystic man | ready

Bearded | stopped reciting and now stunned for round #3, still standing | bleeding from a gashing wound out of his chest. (seems like massive damage)
clarson (17) | 38/38 | ready
brak (15) | 59/64 | ready | raged
kobolds(13) 3 killed / 5 fled (see map for possible attacks or AoO)
Skara (9) | 40/40 | dropped prone
Thogric (4) | 56/56 | if fail reflex DC 15 unconcious otherwise ready
Rogar (4) | 52/52 | ready

note: yellow triangle means fleeing from the fight
map update will follow (for round #3)
OUT OF CHARACTER
normally i would wait to drop Skara prone but this fits nice into the flow, she will need to get up.
for some items i also tell the DC to beat. It enables you to write what happens when you beat it. like now for Thogric. - no need to wait for me to tell you that you passed or failed.
Not all the time i will reveal the DC's. (let me know if you have remarks or thoughts about this revealing)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Arpat

patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by patransom » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:05 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
1d20+1=13

Skara recovers from being hit on the head and gets back up off the ground.
OUT OF CHARACTER
I assume that's all she gets to do this round, right?

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:17 pm

Arpat
Arpat
Arpat

Post by Arpat » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:21 pm

patransom wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
1d20+1=13

Skara recovers from being hit on the head and gets back up off the ground.
OUT OF CHARACTER
I assume that's all she gets to do this round, right?

right. (she would acytually do her stabby stabby roll 1 now and have some bad luck ;) )
Arpat

kabkal
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by kabkal » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:07 pm

Clarson will take a full attack and do a flurry of blows against the bearded guy.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Flurry of Blows against bearded guy (2 attacks) (1d20+6=13, 1d8+3=8, 1d20+6=20, 1d8+3=10)Not sure if flanking should be added or not, so if so please add 2 to each to hit.

Arpat
Arpat
Arpat

Post by Arpat » Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:21 pm

@Kabkal: if Skara would have failed her reflex, she would not be able 'help' with flanking, however she has not failed her reflex, so she gets up and flanking counts.
Arpat

UnknownDobo
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by UnknownDobo » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:08 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
1d20+2=14

Thogric looks vaguely bemused as his weapons don;t seem to cause a lot of damage. The smirk turns to an "O" of surprise as the clayman explodes and blasts the dwarf warrior from his feet, leaving him groaning and coughing on the ground.

Unknown Dobo

Arpat
Arpat
Arpat

Post by Arpat » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:54 pm

round #3 (in progress)

Bearded | stunned, still standing | bleeding from a gashing wound out of his chest. (seems like massive damage) | will be ready round 4
clarson (17) | 38/38 | attacked with flanking from skara (but did little damage) |ready for round 4
brak (15) | 59/64 | raged | attacked but missed | ready for round 4
Skara (9) | 40/40 | dropped prone, but with utter willpower standing up again ready for round 4
Thogric (4) | 56/56 | unconcious, but brought back by the radiant knight. ready for round 4
Rogar (4) | 52/52 | has not moved in round 3 yet

what happened:
The bearded monster is still standing but stunned... clarsons stunning fist was good timing!
Clarson confident with his puch "right on the nose" and slams his fists forward. his left fist hits some flesh but does not much damage. The strange beard of that bearded guy makes it difficult to hit him properly.
Brak swings his mighty blade but hits the armor of the bearded monster and his blade only makes a lot of noise, but does no damage.
Skara had some bad luck but recovers quickly from the glaive tha hit her head.
Thogric gets caught in the blast and is unconsious by the impact. The radiant knight moves to him, kneels and sees that he only is unconsious. He whispers a few words Thogric opens his eyes and the knight is already gone. rushing forward with sword and shield. By the time Thogric is standing the knight is gone into a dark cloud with scary flashes in it.

Rogar is (still) able to move and attack this round. I will wait some time .
OUT OF CHARACTER
tomorrow (for me tomorrow - 20-21 hours from this post ;) ) evening i will continue with round 4:
with a dramatic voice: "what will the monster do? the loss of his glaive is o good thing ... or not? will Brak be able to hit the monster? Can Clarson hit hard enough to end this fight?"

Arpat

marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE

Post by marine7312000 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:49 pm

Rogar shifts his back to his main hand and unleashes a powerful blow against his enemy.
OUT OF CHARACTER
1d20+10=30, 1d0+7=8 Messed up damage for the first roll... so here's another roll... Take you pick for the damage. 1d10+7=16 Crit confirm and damage. (1d20+10=30, 2d10+14=25)

patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by patransom » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:53 pm

With flanking from Clarson and attacking a stunned monster, Skara figures she can't possibly go wrong, so... Stabby, stabby!
OUT OF CHARACTER
1d20+9=28, 1d6+2+2d6=13. Forgot to add flanking, so that actually comes to 30 on the attack roll.

And then to confirm the critical (which, unfortunately, doesn't double the sneak attack damage): 1d20+11=19, 1d6+2=5

Arpat
Arpat
Arpat

Post by Arpat » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:36 pm

Rogar, probably a little p*** off because he didn't do damage steps in just as the demon starts to move again. Roaring like a demon from the lower planes he smashes his adamantine waraxe with such force that he severs right through the spine of the demon through his abdomen and armor effectively sending the demon back to the realms of the nethergods! Truly an amazing blow!
OUT OF CHARACTER
Congrats! you effectively killed him with a blow worthy of a master dwarven warrior!

The Mystic man, a little bit further, is fighting with magic against some other demons. The flames are too high and too bright so you can't see past the flames what he is actually fighting.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Killing the flying monster 600 xp (party)
Killing the bearded monster 1600 xp (party)
Killing kobolds 3x 100 xp
total 2500/5=500 xp each
Spoils of war:
Glaive from bearded, a tiny pouch from the winged monster with 3 diamonds, 3 black pearls, 3 red rubys

this concludes round #3

ROUND 4 Start:
There are currently no (visible) enemys in sight.
There is a large magical fire hold up by the mystical man, but it is wavering... it looks like it will soon collapse..

Clarson - Ready
Brak - Ready | Raged (1)
Skara - Ready
Thogric - Ready
Rogar - Ready
Arpat

kabkal
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by kabkal » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:17 pm

Clarson will move up towards the fire (not close enough to get burned) and be ready for the next bad guy.

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:09 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Brak ends his rage right after the demon in front of him is gone - he should be fatigued for 4 rounds (and be ok in round 8)

Brak takes a deep breath and takes time to look around.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Rage rounds used: 2
Fatigued for 4 rounds (#4,5,6,7)

patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by patransom » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:54 pm

Skara looks around for a place to hide. Seeing nothing to provide cover, she moves up directly behind the mystic and asks, What's on the other side of your nice fire?

UnknownDobo
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by UnknownDobo » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:47 am

Thogric groans and pulls himself to his feet, grumbling as he does so and throwing an evil glance at the knight who knocked him down. He continues mumbling as he makes his way towards the flames, stopping just short and rolling his shoulders in preparation for another bout. He stays out on the flank so that he can rush in if whatever is hiding in the fire runs straight down the centre.
OUT OF CHARACTER
move to P6

Unknown Dobo

marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE

Post by marine7312000 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:07 am

Rogar jogs towards the flames. Double move to O11.

Arpat
Arpat
Arpat

Post by Arpat » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:45 pm

I'll be updating tomorrow...
my work has gone into mayhem mode (it's that before the winter-change-fix-do-something-stupid-on-the-network time)

UTC+2- 10/01/2010 01:00 AM - sorry... hectic at work... i'll try to update next evening (18 hrs from now)
Arpat

Arpat
Arpat
Arpat

Post by Arpat » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:33 pm

As everybody has noticed: i am a little swamped with work...
I'll try to post asap.
Arpat

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:42 pm

:wait:

Arpat
Arpat
Arpat

Post by Arpat » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:10 pm

Well... finally i am in the hall of in-famous DM's ;)

i have to break this one off, i don;t want to admit it, but it takes too much time for me to run a game.
although i can play a game while i am at work, I can't run one while i am working. (taking a coffebreak is enough to keep things going as a player, but not lunching is a killer and still too little time to actually create a compelling game)
Therefore i have to stop running a game as DM.

I've learned a great deal about running an online RPG. and i have to admit that playing (currently) suits me better then running one as a DM. In the future i will probably run a game, but when i do i need to make sure i have more time available.

I want to thank the players for their enthousiasm and dedication to this short intermezzo.
Im not sorry (because i started the mission to find out things) but i'm not proud either.
I would have loved to finish this. Sadly its not going to happen. Again its 1:10 in the night and i still have to get up to get to work at 6. (in the morning that is)

Thanks!
Arpat

UnknownDobo
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by UnknownDobo » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:29 pm

Thogric screams in terror and rage and dashes headlong into the wall of fire, exploding into a grisly mess of bodyparts.

Unknown Dobo

Return to “{PbP} CoD: Mission Area”