CoD: Mission - The Old Knight [ENDED]

Active Missions are posted in this section; One Mission per Thread
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Re: [CoD] The Old Knight {running}

Post by admin » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:27 am

Curse Storms Brak says to himself, awaken by the noisy weather. His throat dry, he gets up, takes his gear, and leaves his room to find something to drink.

Arpat
Arpat
Arpat

Post by Arpat » Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:21 pm

Brak stumbles down the stairs...

A flash of lighting sets the room in a bright light and for a second Brak looks into a pair of fierce blue eyes. Then the light is gone and so are the eyes. Then a loud thunder sounds and at exactly that moment the door to the outside slams wide open to the outside and a black shadow dissapearsjolting though the door into the black night..
Arpat

UnknownDobo
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by UnknownDobo » Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:37 pm

Thogric is having a happy dream where he has been challenged to a headbutting contest by a clan of goblins. They don't know what they have let themselves in for.

Unknown Dobo
Cause you know, when you've been doboed.
http://www.unknowndodo.co.uk

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:59 pm

Goddamn ROGUE plying the night! Brak shouts at the departing figure, as he goes down to close the opened door.
Cursing at the general behavior of Rogues, he then looks around to see if anyone else is awake.

Arpat
Arpat
Arpat

Post by Arpat » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:09 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Starday 21, Rova, year 4708, heavy rain, windy, heavy clouds and about 48°F (8°C)
status update | its about halfway midnight and early morning
Skara - {awake} saw a black figure - she realises that it has to be shrouded in magic, otherwise she would have seen him as on a bright day.
Thogric - {sleep} is winning in his dream.
Rogar - {sleep}
Clarson - {meditating}
Brak - {awake} - went down to get a drink...

Everybody - even the drunk bard gets awake from the loud voice of the Human barbarian.
Arpat

UnknownDobo
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by UnknownDobo » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:31 pm

The dwarf blusters awake, grumbling and immediatly reaching for his weapons as he gets his bearings. Oh no you don't you gods damned gobl....
After a couple of blinks he realises there are no heabutting goblins here and he stumbles to his feet, moving to the library door and glancing out.

Unknown Dobo

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:44 pm

Having seen something and heard a shout of "rogue," Skara checks her belongings to see if anything's missing, particularly her newly acquired "demon protection" orb. Once satisfied that no one's stealing from her, she will head downstairs to see what the commotion is about.
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
Image Agrous Devone: Human Cleric

UnknownDobo
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by UnknownDobo » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:49 pm

As Skara goes past his doorway and down the stairs, the gruff dwarf gathers his gear and falls into line. Mumbling about the best dreams being hard to get back and tutting that he has hardly even started on his 12 hours of sleeping.

Unknown Dobo

kabkal
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6

Re: CoD: Mission - The Old Knight

Post by kabkal » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:43 pm

Once done meditating Clarsen will gather his belongings and head downstairs as well.
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image BART 1173: Andriod/Pisterol
ImageDM of We Just Stopped Here...
Image Gerbull: Tortle Barbarian

Arpat
Arpat
Arpat

Post by Arpat » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:05 pm

The inn keeper enters the room with a lantern and with a sleepy voice he says whats going on? its night... what's that shouting about? a rougue?? he looks at each of you. We have a good understanding witht he thiefs guild here. They would not enter this building without me knowing it. So if it was a rogue... he looks grim and goes back to his room. i'll talk to eh.. the guildmaster tomorrow.
OUT OF CHARACTER
the rogue is gone. Unless you want to do something different i assume everybody goes to bed again (and brak takes a drink before going to bed)
the rest of the night is uneventfull. Everybody is well rested, fully prepared for the rest of the day.

The next moring the weather is still heavy clouded and showering rains.
When you get down to the inn there is breakfast served, with several types of bread, eggs, fruit juice, fresh brewn coffee, tea and water, bacon and such.

There are a few things that can be done:
* 1 Buy some items like ammo, bolts, darts etc. in Grumsher's Ranger Store (takes about 1 hour)
* 2 Buy potions and such in Fernando's Health and Herbalism (takes about 1 hour)
* 3 Do a 4 hour 'survey' of the little town. If you need to fight some knowledge of the town can be beneficial. (takes about...err 4 hours)
* 4 Just wander around in town and gather pieces of information (1 hour increments)
* 5 specifically search / listen for a piece of information (i need to know what kind of information) (1 hour increments)
* 6 Go to the guard house and train / exercise with the guards (takes about 4 hours)
* 7 Go to the armourer - working on armor takes a long time, only minor adjustments cq buy or sell armor. (5 hours)
* 8 go to the weaponsmith - working on weapons takes a long time, only minor adjustments cq buy or sell weapons. (5 hours)
* 9 Go to the Magic Shoppe (takes about 3 hours) - buy or sell magical items or scrolls
* 10 Go to the Scribe (takes about 1 Hour) - inform me
* 11 go to the Alchemist - Alchemical items (takes about 2 hours)
* 11 Go to the thiefs guild (takes about 4 hours) - tell me the reason
* 11 wait until sundown (1/2 hour increments, but minimal 2 needed, not consecutive)
* 12 do something else (1 hour increments) inform me.

Every option helps in some way.
Every person can fill the 6 hours before Sundown as he or she sees fit. Doing the same thing with several people can be beneficial, but not always.
Arpat

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:20 pm

Brak will :
1) buy some ammo (as mentioned somewhere at the start of the thread) (1 hour)
6) Go train with the guards (4 hours) - Brak will be friendly with them, and use the occasion to gather as much Intel as he can from the Guards!! MOUHAHA)
5) Try to find some information about the blue-eyed thief/figure Brak saw last night (1 hour)
13) Go to the bathroom a few times (free of charge!)

kabkal
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6

Post by kabkal » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:59 am

Clarsen will spend most of the day looking around the town. Really trying to get the lay of the land. He will listen in to passing conversations, and if anything is of interest will follow the conversation for awhile, and then go back to looking over the town.

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:11 am

Skara will go to the magic shop to see if they can identify the magical properties (if any) of the red orb she "borrowed." If there is time left, she will go to the thieves' guild to announce her presence in town (professional courtesy) and see if they have any jobs that need doing.

UnknownDobo
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by UnknownDobo » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:15 pm

Thogric will sit and eat in the tavern for a while, drinking heavily whilst he does so and trying to gather information from the barflys with promises of booze.
After a couple of hours he will head to the magic shop and try to purchase a few of the red orbs he learned about from the barkeep, enough for each person, anything which throws off the scent of the badness should be worth having.
For a change he'll return to the tavern for a spot of drinking to wash down his earlier drinking session, again trying to gain info from innebriated locals.

Unknown Dobo

Arpat
Arpat
Arpat

Post by Arpat » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:34 pm

I had a real life intervention so sorry for the delay.
- I had some trouble at my work today with total system failure and spanning trees network crap.. so it will be tomorrow... -
Arpat

Arpat
Arpat
Arpat

Post by Arpat » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:29 pm

Brak first moves into town to get some ammo. (any amount for normal price -10% "because he is such a handsome man" as the giggling girl says.)
After that he moves to the guards where he asks if they feel for a workout. Several of them like to train and after a heavy session he made a good impression and still very invigorated by the training he feels pumped up. The guardsman that looked a lot like the magician from the shoppe, asks brak for his greatsword... He swings it around afew times... Nice... very nice... He uses a piece of cloth to clean the hilt and blade. Here. Mighty fine blade.
Not noticing any difference Brak swings his sword to start the exercise. The guard blocks the first strike and with a strange metal clang and a shriek from the guard the blade seems to make a strange ringing noise and looks lighter, brighter. (Mithral Greatsword +2, Permanent Keen Edge)
As for the guards, he learns not much from them, except that the widow from the third street on the and there he forgot where....
They have never seen someone with blue eyes as described. But they heard rumours of a thief.
After a few sessions to the bathroom he notices that it is getting dark. He remembers that they should gather on the square for some quality time.

Clarson picks up some information here and there... notices one house that probably is a place for thiefs to do "business" they don't notice him.
He overhears some smalltalk, but currently nothing seems to be of interest. You notice Skara entering the building later in the day. (some future information gathered) While you sit there, you are approached by a monk from the irori chappel. After a while sitting with you he speaks. Our order wants you to succeed in your mission this evening and we have decided to give you this. He hands you a worn and old belt. It is the choice of Irori, who we worship. Last night one of us had a vision. This must be yours, until you return it. (Belt CON+2). Just as you try to see if the belt fits the old man dissapears... the belt fits like it has been made for you, but you could have sworn that it was way to large.

Skara, enters the magic shoppe and shows her newly aquired red ball. The eyes of the wizard look at the ball, then at the girl...
who sold you that? girl? he coughs its a fake stone. he looks at her again... hmm... he sighs. i don't think you need a red glowstone to protect you against pregnancy... he smiles... he grabs a strange cloth and mumbles something. Here... now it works again.. (Natural AC+1 when the stone is carried on person.)
After her strange intermezzo with the magician she moves towards a building that shouts "Thiefs guild" The professional courtesy she shows is well met at the guild, she is asked to come back after the coming night (if she survives) and come talk about some nice deal. To show their goodwill she gets a very impressive designed dagger. (a beautifully mastered set of returning Mithral daggers+2, the daggers feel like they are floating in her hand.)

Thogric, who sits and eats, actually overhears some conversation about the mansion. (important information gathered)
He moves to the magic shoppe. The wizard, looks at the dwarf Oh my, a spec of dust and suddenly he holds the amulet of natural armor in his hand. well. that is a nice piece of work. Let me clean it up a little... He fiddles and prods, grabs a piece of strange cloth and brushes the amulet until it shines like a little gem. Thogrics eyes follow the gem like a eagle... Here, there ya go... i am sure it will be much better now.
(Amulet of Natural Armor +3)

The sun is moving slowly, but surely to the horizon. and everywhere are people rushing towards their houses. A voice sounds "Oh no... my stone... it's gone! where is my stone?" then the sun touches the ground. It gets silent. unnatural silent....
When you move towards the market square you notice that Rogar isn't there. On the market square are some strange lights... not natural...
Arpat

kabkal
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6

Post by kabkal » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:46 pm

"Those lights are very odd. Keep your eyes and ears open." Clarsen will look about.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Perception check (1d20+13=21)

Arpat
Arpat
Arpat

Post by Arpat » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:07 pm

** Updated tos files can be put in this thread. :-) **

The lights that are seen are colorfull, with red flashes and strange green... it feels.... unpleasant.
Your at the end of the street and have a full view aff the market square... the light is blinding and only a few dark blobs in front of it can be made out...
The light suddenly turns dark red and with a loud bang it dissapears leaving everything dark. a smell of sulfur touches your nostrils.... the wind is not directly at you so its only faint. when you look at the market square you see still all dashes and such from the exploding light.

Then it clears up. and a soft blue light emits from the chapel.... Strange noises from the market square... a faint voice that calls for an attack... You recognise the voice as the officer from yesterday. They must already be fighting at the other side! A strange small flying creature flaps flys around you and returns to the market square... (bat like, extremely fast and tiny)

--- when i have the updated sheets i will determine initiative, there is no surprise, they know you are there... ---
Arpat

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:35 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Updated Brak the Barbarian!

Brak grips his weapon, ready for some action.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

kabkal
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6

Post by kabkal » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:45 pm

Updated Clarson.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:15 am

Skara looks for a place to hide.

Arpat
Arpat
Arpat

Post by Arpat » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:57 pm

Sorry for the longer then necessary delay.
I have been working on Sail 2010 and that was more labour intensive then i would have guessed.
i should have notified you before... but.. i ...euh. forgot....

I'll be commencing "operation market garden" tomorrow. need to fix the map.
Arpat

UnknownDobo
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by UnknownDobo » Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:43 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Sorry for being slow on this, it's been a manic week.

Thogric mumbles something about the flashy lights and pulls both of his pickaxes one in each hand.

Unknown Dobo

Arpat
Arpat
Arpat

Post by Arpat » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:31 pm

When you reach the market square:

starting positions:
OUT OF CHARACTER
please select a square where you want to begin. Select one of the numbers. 1 to 6
You may move two squares in any direction if you want. if two people end up in the same square they just end up next to each other. If two people select the same square i take first come first get. after 6 follows 1 i keep adding until everyone is in a square. the small green thingies look like kobolds. the red squares are the monsters.

the MAP
SpoilerShow

click here for the larger 1600x2000 pixels map: Larger 1mb map
to the left you notice a bright heavenly light surrounding a man in heavy armor. In front of you there are some yappin kobold like monsters... they look like regular kobolds, but something is off... behind the kobolds are two bigger monsters and they sound very bad. The one to the left looks scary, red with spikes and a beard. It wields a viscious saw toothed glaive ...
to the right is a tiny winged monster. it looks viscious with its leathery wings.

What you see:
SpoilerShow
in the center of the market is a shimmering globe of darkness and to the left if it is a cloud of grey fog... barely visible. To the right you see an older man dressed like an wizard and he is fighting kobolds. you hear the sound of more battle going on...

Initiative:
monster_left (22)
monster_right(18)
clarson (17)
brak (15)
kobolds(13)
Skara (9)
Togric (4)
Rogar (4) (not here yet)
Arpat

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:45 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Brak #4
The Kobolds-like creatures are the smudge-like things, right?

kabkal
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6

Post by kabkal » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:51 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Clarson will start in 3

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:18 pm

Skara #6

UnknownDobo
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by UnknownDobo » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:10 pm

Thogric will start at 2.

Unknown Dobo

marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE

Post by marine7312000 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:41 am

Rogar comes rushing up and ends up in square 5.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Sorry about being away for so long, things have been hectic.

Arpat
Arpat
Arpat

Post by Arpat » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:14 am

Well it seems that i was also very busy :-/
but.... i'm still here. I will update later today.
Arpat

Return to “{PbP} CoD: Mission Area”