CoD: Mission - The Old Knight [ENDED]

Active Missions are posted in this section; One Mission per Thread
Arpat
Arpat
Arpat

Re: CoD: Mission - The Old Knight

Post by Arpat » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:43 pm

You all reach the market... and there is a lot going on....
map:
SpoilerShow
Clarson rushes to K0 and he sees the kobolds running towards them
Brak moves to P1 and takes a second to see the battlefield. He sees the kobolds yapping around and fully prepared for whatever is comming.
Skara ends up in S-1 and she sees a flying creature move towards Brak
Togric end his run in L0 --> (adjusted into) Togric charges (through L0) towards the kobolds
Rogar finnaly caught up and end up in R0

Just as you have become aware of all the mayhem and destruction that is going on, with deafening roars of fireballs and loud bangs from magic missiles, Brak is attacked by the flying creature..
the leathery wings flap and a strange hissing soundcomes out of it's mouth. The ram horns curl back from the twisted head of the hellish creature and its thin and wiry body hoovers 3 feet above the ground as it suddenly snatches out with its claws and bites.

flying creature attack on Brak:
SpoilerShow
(1d20+7=26, 1d3-1=0, 1d20+7=26, 1d3-1=2, 1d20+7=26, 1d4-1=3)
attack 1 hits doing 0 damage (claw)
attack 2 hits doing 2 damage (claw)
attack 3 hits doing 3 damage (bite)
total damage 5 to Brak
As the creature screams you all feel a cold chill (everybody roll for willpower DC 11)
Blood drips from Braks arm where the creature scratched the skin with its razor sharp teeth. The scratches on his right side on the chest also bleed. Brak feels a strange burning sensation that slowly increases where the claws have scratched him... (Brak roll for Fortitude DC 13)

The bigger monster raises his glaive and it looks like he is commanding the kobolds to attack the left side. He moves only a little closer, but stays out of reach of Braks weapon. He makes a low growling noise and heavy breathing sounds like a bull...
Last edited by Arpat on Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arpat

UnknownDobo
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by UnknownDobo » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:09 pm

will save
1d20+2=14
OUT OF CHARACTER
Thogric also gains a +2 against spells and spell like abilities (racial trait), and a +3 against fear effects (courageous trait & fearless fighter ability)

Thogric will roar and attempt to charge the kobalt immediately infront of him at L4. (unless the creature charges first).

1d20+7=13, 1d20+6=13
OUT OF CHARACTER
including +2 for charging.

damage if they connect.

1d8+5=11, 1d8+5=11

Unknown Dobo
Cause you know, when you've been doboed.
http://www.unknowndodo.co.uk

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:15 pm

Will Save (ADD +2 if this is versus a FEAR effect!) (1d20+4=12)
Fortitude Save (1d20+8=22)
Brak attacks the creature besides him (the red icon) with his Greatsword
Round #1 Attack (1d20+12=27, 2d6+9=17)

He then steps back 5' (bottom of map/south?)

kabkal
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6

Post by kabkal » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:28 pm

Clarsen's will save: Will save (1d20+8=15)
OUT OF CHARACTER
Not sure exactly where I am, or what my options are to attack, if any. So I will wait until init is shown, and maybe an updated map, to roll my attacks

Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image BART 1173: Andriod/Pisterol
ImageDM of We Just Stopped Here...
Image Gerbull: Tortle Barbarian

Arpat
Arpat
Arpat

Post by Arpat » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:52 am

@Clarson
OUT OF CHARACTER
Your location is the letter C at row K column 0 --> Clarson rushes to K0 and he sees the kobolds running towards them ... (K0 is same as the position you choose)
the map is http://www.pbpgamer.com/dl/maps/market_combat_r1.jpg (also in my previous post "Map: Spoiler" )
you probably missed the map inside the spoiler. (?)

init was here: http://theonlysheet.com/community/viewt ... =75#p67054
According to initiative you are 4th (Monster_left, Monster_right, Brak, Clarson) in line to react from the position you are standing. (the monsters already moved, Brak is attacked)
So you can attack :-)

Arpat

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:11 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
Can we have images of the various creatures attacking? It would be nice to see what we are attacking!

Arpat
Arpat
Arpat

Post by Arpat » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:41 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
I added pictures to this post in the spoiler "what you see:"
http://theonlysheet.com/community/viewt ... =75#p67054

http://www.pbpgamer.com/dl/maps/monster_left.jpg <-- the one that seems to command the kobolds
http://www.pbpgamer.com/dl/maps/monster_right.jpg <-- the one that attacked brak

there was no picture added for the kobolds.
so here are the kobolds:

From left to right: Mr. Green, Mr.black and Mr.Yamamoto. (translated from their "yap yap yap" language)
Arpat

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:47 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
[quote="Arpat"]I added pictures to this post in the spoiler "what you see:"[/quote]Oh I had missed that - thanks!!

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:10 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
Will Save (1d20+1=14)

Skara moves to the square between Rogar and where Brak will be after his 5' step to the south. She attacks the flying creature if it is still alive after being whacked with Brak's greatsword.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Your new map doesn't have the full grid numbers on it, so it is difficult to translate the coordinates from the old map to the new one. I think the square Skara wants to move to might be Q0. Also, the letters for the characters are slightly confusing since they look the same as the letters along the bottom of the map. This is particularly true in Skara's case, since there is a big S right next to a small S. Maybe you could make the characters' letters a different color?

Finally, attack roll: Stab flying thingie with Rapier (1d20+9=29, 1d6+2=5)
To confirm possible critical: 1d20+9=26, 1d6+2=7

Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
Image Agrous Devone: Human Cleric

Arpat
Arpat
Arpat

Post by Arpat » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:38 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
map: market_combat_r1.jpg
[quote]Your new map doesn't have the full grid numbers on it, so it is difficult to translate the coordinates from the old map to the new one.[/quote]

Updated the map, changed the character color and added letters and numbers for location.

I notice that the image is cut-off when i use the img tag.
The right hand numbers are gone, maps can also be found here:

http://www.pbpgamer.com/dl/maps

[quote]Maybe you could make the characters' letters a different color?[/quote]
I couldn't find the coloring swatch for letters, but it is ridiculously simple to use once you know where to find it. LOL

possibly you need to refresh - characters are marked with lightblue letters.

To see the full map (300k)
http://www.pbpgamer.com/dl/maps/market_combat_r1.jpg
Arpat

marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE

Post by marine7312000 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:44 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Will save (1d20+2=5)

Rogar takes a swing at the creature in Q1
OUT OF CHARACTER
1d20+10=20, 1d0+7=8

Arpat
Arpat
Arpat

Post by Arpat » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:39 pm

The nausiating scream of the hellish monster scares the hell out of everybody. Even the kobolds suddenly run around like brainless idiots. (everybody: shaken)

Clarson is ready for an attack but before the Kobolds are close they flee scared. Clarson feels the cold shivers down his spine and he can see that everybody is affected by the screaming monster.

The flying monster that attacks Brak breaks loose to attack again, but it makes a mistake by turning to the left side of Brak.
Brak reacts in a reflex and with one single mighty downward slashing arc from left to right he cuts the creature almost into two bloody halves. Deep greenish blood splashes around. It's scary scream gets cut off suddenly as it gets smashed on the ground .
As Brak sees how his blade cuts the thing almost in two halves and can't believe his eyes as he notices how the two halves slowly grow together.
Skara moves up between Rogar and Brak and with a well placed violent and unusual action she stabs it with her rapier. Rogar, who is also frightened by this horrible creature slashes at it with his mighty waraxe and chops off the head with one clean blow. The body starts to boil and a bad smelling green smoke leaves the body as it rapidly decays. The cut off head rolls between the already shaken kobolds who flee in panic running in random directions screaming.

Togric already pumped up and running, charges the two kobolds that scream in panic as the dwarf attacks them without even stopping. He roars and his two axes swing at the same time and when he stops running and looks back he sees three kobolds cut in half.

The big bearded monster sweeps his glaive in anger but misses the nearest kobold by inches. As the kobold flees he crosses the path of Togric, who didn't even notice that he slashes three kobolds with one blow... The bearded monster roars in annoyance as he sees that the last kobolds are fleeing and no longer are fighting.

With a grin Togric shakes off his fear and his two blades reflect the available light in a sinister way as he prepares.

end of round #1

The bearded monster screams loud in frustration Damn fools... killing my servant! he roars again and he raises his arms with the glaive and starts reciting.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Status Round #2
monster_left (22) dead
monster_right(18) reciting {O4}
clarson (17) : 38/38 <-- ready | no longer shaken {N0}
brak (15) : 59/64 <-- ready | no longer shaken {O1}
kobolds(13) 3 killed / 5 fled (see map for possible attacks or AoO)
Skara (9) : 40/40 <-- ready | no longer shaken {Q0}
Togric (4) : 56/56 <-- ready | no longer shaken {L6}
Rogar (4) : 52/52 <-- ready | shaken {R0}

(x) = initiative
xx/yy = current_hitpoints / total_hitpoints.

I'll be updating the map. If your character should be in another square and not in the square as i have understood { } just let me know.

about current gameplay
SpoilerShow
as you may have noticed i will not show every roll. I do give (certain) DC's so you know if you fail or not a certain DC, so you can RP certain things.
Brak for instance was scratched and needed a fortitude save against poison. (he cannot know it is poison, so i don't tell him. The effects however i would tell. )
Rogar is shaken because he failed the willpower DC. The others where only shaken for this round.
I am trying this way of writing and narrating to see if it makes it more exiting to play.
Let me know if this is fun or annoying etc. so i can improve the roleplaying part. I am certain that there is a lot more to improve!
Arpat

kabkal
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6

Post by kabkal » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:42 pm

Clarson will move to Q0 (taking the AoO from right dude) and will attack with hand (single strike, no flurry I assume).
OUT OF CHARACTER
Attack on right dude (1d20+6=22, 1d8+3=11)

Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image BART 1173: Andriod/Pisterol
ImageDM of We Just Stopped Here...
Image Gerbull: Tortle Barbarian

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:09 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
I am really mixed up with your Icon notation on the Map.
For instance, you tag the creature as O4 as "monster_right(18) reciting {O4}" while what seems to be located at O4 on the Map, is a red square with "Right" written inside it... ?

Perhaps you could use a notation similar to what Duni has been using - monster names with a single number...? I Don't even know for sure what Brak has attacked with that red square icon... You could use IconTool to make an Icon of the specifier monster? I hope this helps to improve the visuals for this game, as currently, I am having a hard time deciphering the map!!

Arpat
Arpat
Arpat

Post by Arpat » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:08 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
it's not difficult. ?

The monsters are red (unless i have a monster in my toolkit) and because there where two monsters of importance (one on the right and one on the left side) i marked them left and right. (to avoid the "left for me is right for him or left?" discussions)
when i play a tabletop game it works the same way. red chip or fiche is monster. (because i dont want to buy every monster in the monster manual as a miniature) I guess it is my bad in thinking it was clear in the description.

however... i'll try to import tokens. it should be possible. just need to find out how. (the maps & adventures are made with dundjinni)

i don't name the monster since it would be easy to know what to do (in some cases) i also remove any naming indications on the pictures.

Arpat

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:39 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
Actually, in the case of the current map, I think there's some confusion about which one is left and which one is right.

You say "monster_right(18) reciting {O4}", but the monster at O4 has "left" written on it.

If you don't want to waste time with tokens, it might help just to be more descriptive than "left" and "right." You could, for example, label them "flying" and "bearded" to match how you've described them in the writeups.

Skara is waiting for the updated map before posting an action because she's lost track of where everything is.

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:47 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
[quote="Arpat"]however... i'll try to import tokens. it should be possible. just need to find out how. (the maps & adventures are made with dundjinni)[/quote]
The free TokenTool will create a token from any image - Most of the tokens used in PbP here were made with it! Instead of using left/right, you can also use Numerals for token identification!! Lemme know if you need help - I can easily (and very fast) create the same token with numbers on them... from 1 to 30 if you need.

Here is a Token for Brak IF you want to use those - just re-size to fit the map!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Arpat
Arpat
Arpat

Post by Arpat » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:04 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
using the tokentool isn't the problem :-)
getting the token in the dundjinni tool is. (at least... for me it is, but working on that one. sadly the dundjinni forum is down for maintenance so not a lot of help from that side :-/
sooner or later i would have run into this problem anyhow. :lol:

Arpat

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:19 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
[quote="Arpat"]using the tokentool isn't the problem :-)
getting the token in the dundjinni tool is. (at least... for me it is, but working on that one. sadly the dundjinni forum is down for maintenance so not a lot of help from that side :-/
sooner or later i would have run into this problem anyhow. :lol:[/quote]
Points to MapTool :P

Arpat
Arpat
Arpat

Post by Arpat » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:09 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
already working on importing etc for the maps. I can use dundjinni for the maps and adventures and maptool for the play. - thats cool...
didn't know i could import and use the maps. :-) back to the table.. working working working. :-)

Arpat

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:25 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
last post was 6 days ago.. :(

Arpat
Arpat
Arpat

Post by Arpat » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:55 pm

Using different tools limit me to working only at my home for the time bieng.
I'll update saturday (holland time)
Arpat

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:03 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
[quote="Arpat"]Using different tools limit me to working only at my home for the time bieng.
I'll update Saturday (Holland time)[/quote]
Well... if you would have access to the Internet during your Work-Breaks, you could still "work at home" simply by logging into your home computer from any other computer on the Net!! I used to do that in 2000 when I had a desk job (using VNC) ahh the good old days :D

Arpat
Arpat
Arpat

Post by Arpat » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:56 pm

Aargh...
so much for my updates... i bought a small laptop to run java and games on. it has a celphone connection and i can use it on my work in lunch break times.
working on it to get things right.
Arpat

Arpat
Arpat
Arpat

Post by Arpat » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:57 pm

i recreated the map.
added the tokens... learning to use the tools.

the flying monster is killed, three of the kobolds are slashed into two pieces by Thogric.
the bearded monster is reciting something holding his glaive above his beared head.

due to the new map (an mapping system the locations have new names:)
OUT OF CHARACTER
Status Round #2
(ORDER OF INITIATIVE) | HP | status | {location}

flying monster| (22) | dead | {Y12}
bearded monster | (18) | started reciting | {W10}
clarson (17) | 38/38 | ready | no longer shaken | {Z8}
brak (15) | 59/64 | ready | no longer shaken | {Y11}
kobolds(13) 3 killed / 5 fled (see map for possible attacks or AoO)
Skara (9) | 40/40 | ready | no longer shaken | {Z12}
Togric (4) | 56/56 | ready | no longer shaken | {U7}
Rogar (4) | 52/52 | ready | shaken | {Z13}

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Arpat on Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Arpat

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:23 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
The map is much better!! well worth the wait!! :thumb1:
Braks's icon can be found here.

Brak the Barbarian activates his Rage ability and his Power Attack, steps 5' (X11) to interrupt that Bearded monster from casting a spell:
Power Attack vs Bearded monster (1d20+12-2+2=28, 2d6+18=24)

For good measure, Brak will follow thru with a Bite attack!
Bite vs Bearded monster (1d20+6=20, 1d4+3=5)
OUT OF CHARACTER
New Total HPs: 72
New AC: 18
Rage rounds left: 12 rounds

UnknownDobo
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by UnknownDobo » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:43 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
Does clayman look like a threat?

Unknown Dobo
Cause you know, when you've been doboed.
http://www.unknowndodo.co.uk

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:00 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
I cannot see the MAP anymore... when I try "http://www.pbpgamer.com/dl/maps/market_combat_r2.jpg", I get:
[quote]503 Service Unavailable
No server is available to handle this request. [/quote]
You should never host an image destined for this forum on another site.. else you run the risk of exactly this situation: We cannot see the image because the other site is down...!
I strongly suggest you Attach any images/resources directly IN the TOS+ forum, as to avoid this unfortunate dependancy!!

Arpat
Arpat
Arpat

Post by Arpat » Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:02 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
uploaded the map... changed the token for brak.
i miss a few things like magic spells and fireballs etc. to add to the map.

The radiant knight has easily disposed of the few kobolds attacking him and now he attacks a large man that seems to be created from a clay substance...
The clay man seems to be unable to keep his form... and he doesn't seem to be a threath at this moment.
one of the 5 scared kobolds has bumped into Clarson (the kobold is scared byond reasoning) and he screams like a little girl...
Arpat

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom » Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:55 pm

Skara tries to use some acrobatics to move around to the opposite side of the bearded monster (to V10) without getting stabbed at.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Acrobatics to Tumble past the bearded monster (1d20+17=36). This will be a double move because tumbling counts as half speed. If Brak kills the monster before Skara goes, she'll single move to the same position and ready an action to stab any monsters that come close.

Return to “{PbP} CoD: Mission Area”