*** SERIOUS INCIDENT WITH MY HOST PROVIDER *** UPDATED ***

Archives of the Old News.
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

*** SERIOUS INCIDENT WITH MY HOST PROVIDER *** UPDATED ***

Post by admin »

Folks,

On March 20th, 2009, my whole Domain reverted back in time to September 1st, 2009.
This looked like a Hard Disk failure at my Host Provider where they 'restored' with their own (old) backup.

Upon seeing this, I initiated a complete restore of my Domain files, with my last backup dated on March 11th 2009 (which means we lost 9 days of posts).

Today, my Host Provider has finally sent me their 'explanation' of what occured:
Hello,

We apologize for the inconvenience it caused. There was a confusion as to what server your up to date account was on.
In order for us to resolve the issue, we had to make some DNS changes. Please, allow couple of hours for dns changes to propagate and
your site will be back to the state prior the issue occurring.

Again, we apologize for the issue.
Regards,
Pavel
System Administrator

Basically, they seemed to have screwed up their DNS entry, pointing my Domain BACK to the 'old' server upon which it was residing at that time.
They have now restored the proper DNS entry, which means that we are back to what the site was on March 19th, before this incident started. This is resolved - but we did loose the last 2 days of New Accounts/Posts... which I guess is better then loosing 9 days of posts.

R
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Re: *** SERIOUS INCIDENT WITH MY HOST PROVIDER *** UPDATED *

Post by admin »

Be advised that the site will change servers tomorrow (the 31st) which means that the forum will most likely go offline for an unspecified amount of time - hopefully, a short time!
R
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Re: *** SERIOUS INCIDENT WITH MY HOST PROVIDER *** UPDATED *

Post by Duniagdra »

admin wrote:Be advised that the site will change servers tomorrow (the 31st) which means that the forum will most likely go offline for an unspecified amount of time - hopefully, a short time!
R
I hope you'll be running a back before they take us off line. :P
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image

Return to “The Lost Writings [Old News]”