MACINTOSH users of the Sheet - Read here

Archives of the Old News.
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

MACINTOSH users of the Sheet - Read here

Post by admin »

Since version 7.0 came out [which was the first version with VBA coding], Macintosh users of the Sheet have been experiencing problems with the Sheet. It would seem that Mac Excel is NOT entirely compatible with Windows Excel. I tried everything I knew to fix this, but alas I cannot go further until I can "test" on Macs directly. I can't afford a Mac presently, but one nice regsitered User has proposed a way for me to debug the Sheet on a Mac. I will be trying that shortly.

So if you are a Mac user, you can 'reply' to this post (just say HI and which MAC, OS and version of Excel you have). Once I find a Solution to make the Sheet work on Macs, I will announce it here - if you setup your profile to advise you of new messages, then you will be automatically advised when new messages appear in this thread... Hence you can keep track of my progress, that I will report here.

I left this message in the "free" section of the Forum, so outside (non-registered) users who use Macs can also subscribe to this thread.

Happy Holidays !
admin
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Post by admin »

Thanks to tpalmieri, I now have access to a MAC!

He had the idea of aloowing me to use his Mac remotely using VNC! So I can now do tests directly on his System!

My preliminary finding: After playing with the Sheet for sometime, I see that if you 'save' the Sheet to HD, it crash when you try to re-load it.

That is a pretty weird error, as Excel itself is handling the save process. I'm trying to figure out if there is anything within the Sheet itself that Excel can't handle - but since it CAN load the original Sheet (saved by Windows Excel), it is illogical that it canot load the Sheet that was saved from Mac!!

I'll need more testing

admin
Last edited by admin on Sat Dec 24, 2005 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
bariumdose
Soldier
Soldier

Post by bariumdose »

Hi,

I bought the sheet for the PC, but can I also get it for the Mac? Or, do I have to pay for another sheet for the Mac?
Gene O Mui
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Post by admin »

bariumdose wrote:Hi,

I bought the sheet for the PC, but can I also get it for the Mac? Or, do I have to pay for another sheet for the Mac?
You can use the same one - although Mac Excel seems to have issues with the Sheet - this is discussed here.

admin

Return to “The Lost Writings [Old News]”