Will loot divider handle our party loot?

Need Help with the Loot Divider?
Ask in this section!
maaksel
Peasant
Peasant

Will loot divider handle our party loot?

Post by maaksel »

I watched the video, and it seems 'Bob the fighter' got his sword for 'free'. See below.

How our group handles loot is pretty simple. We 'sell' everything we have, distribute the gold evenly, then if you would like to keep anything, you can purchase it for the sale price of the item. To reference the video, Bob the Fighter received a very nice sword (which is skewed compared to the other items). However, in the upper right it just said 'gold per person'. In my (and the party's) minds, Bob in this case has made out well ahead of everyone else.

Some items are deemed "party items", which are kept and not included in the pot that is split, and not counted against the player who actually has the item.
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Re: Will loot divider handle our party loot?

Post by admin »

maaksel wrote:...We 'sell' everything we have, distribute the gold evenly, then if you would like to keep anything, you can purchase it for the sale price of the item.
Here are 3 options for should fit your needs:

Option #1:
You have the Player's Loot page that can be used to assign items to characters - here is an example of this sheet.(CLICK image to enlarge)
playersloot.png
Option #2:
The Item Tracker sheet also allows you to track who has what - and includes a 'stick-man figure that can show where the items are on a humanoid character. Here is a sample (minus the stick-man) (CLICK image to enlarge)
itemtracker.png
Option #3:
You *can* use the Treasure! page if you wish to track who gets what, AND have them 'pay' for it. This image shows exactly that: Bob was assigned the +1 Longsword, but he 'paid' for it (at %50 the value) - so he reimbursed the group (the 'split' value for the 4 players remains the same as before!) (CLICK image to enlarge)
treasure.png
Let me know if you have any questions.
You can check the preview section of the Loot Divider home page for other images of the available sheets.

admin
Quayuazue
Squire
Squire

Post by Quayuazue »

How can I insert a line to show that a player buys the loot from the group ?
I really like the idea of option #3 and think it will help out as group Quarter Master.

great tool ! thank you !
Quayuazue
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Post by admin »

Quayuazue wrote:How can I insert a line to show that a player buys the loot from the group ?
I really like the idea of option #3 and think it will help out as group Quarter Master.

great tool ! thank you !
Quayuazue
I though option #3 shows exactly that...?
admin
Quayuazue
Squire
Squire

Post by Quayuazue »

when I right click on a line to use the insert option it is greyed out and not useable ? do I need to enable any thing or have I disabled something by mistake?
would inserting lines mess with any of the calculation ? is the number of lines set at 504, an amount that should not be changed?

Q
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Post by admin »

Quayuazue wrote:when I right click on a line to use the insert option it is greyed out and not useable ? do I need to enable any thing or have I disabled something by mistake?
would inserting lines mess with any of the calculation ? is the number of lines set at 504, an amount that should not be changed?
Q
Oh!

No, you must *not* insert lines nor change any of the computing cells!
You have exactly the size available - when you 'fill it out', you just save the file (for archiving purposes) and start a new Treasure ... (copy the old one to a name with the date in it, and start with a fresh/clean copy of the Loot Divider)

When this happens to my group, I usually add an entry called "Previous Loot" and I give the total amount we had on hand when I did so.
ex: Previous Loot$13821

admin

Return to “Help Desk”