MWK for gear type items

Need Help with the Loot Divider?
Ask in this section!
neofax
Soldier
Soldier

MWK for gear type items

Post by neofax »

Currently we have a MWK Flute and a set of MWK Manacles, but the system does not calculate the MWK price addition for gear.
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Re: MWK for gear type items

Post by Duniagdra »

I'm guessing you're referring to the Item Builder sheet? If not, then I have no clue what you're asking, if you're asking anything at all or just stating something about the Loot Divider.

Should you be referring to the Item Builder, the masterwork property is strictly a weapon/armor property in the LD as they are the most common to be MW, but more importantly, there is no fixed set value for MW with gear items. A prime example being the:
Manacles (15g) - MW Manacles (50g)
Artisan's Tools (5g) - MW Artisan's Tools (55g)
Musical Instrument (5g) - MW Instrument (100g)
Thieves Tools (30g) - MW Thieves Tools (100g)

As you see there is not set MW value for gear items and thus impossible to establish a rule for in the sheet. At least I've not seen one, and from the looks of it, neither has Richard. Am I wrong?

If I'm misreading your post, then maybe someone else might have better luck helping out.

If I'm completely wrong in the above mentioned, then I'm sure someone else will correct me. Wouldn't be a first. :mrgreen:
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
neofax
Soldier
Soldier

Post by neofax »

You answered my question, vague as it was. I will just place these items in the Custom portion of the program. Thank you for the quick response!
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Post by admin »

neofax wrote:Currently we have a MWK Flute and a set of MWK Manacles, but the system does not calculate the MWK price addition for gear.
Because there is no rules in the SRD/PHB (that I could find) on building masterwork Gear:
SRD wrote:Creating Masterwork Items
You can make a masterwork item—a weapon, suit of armor, shield, or tool that conveys a bonus on its use through its exceptional craftsmanship, not through being magical. To create a masterwork item, you create the masterwork component as if it were a separate item in addition to the standard item. The masterwork component has its own price (300 gp for a weapon or 150 gp for a suit of armor or a shield) and a Craft DC of 20. Once both the standard component and the masterwork component are completed, the masterwork item is finished. Note: The cost you pay for the masterwork component is one-third of the given amount, just as it is for the cost in raw materials.
Weapons, Armor and shields are covered... But they don't mention other item types (reference)

You can ask the value to your DM, and enter it using the $ notation.
R
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

neofax wrote:You answered my question, vague as it was. I will just place these items in the Custom portion of the program. Thank you for the quick response!
I truly do wish there were a more mathematically conducive means of figuring out a clean formula for gear items, but unfortunately neither D&D or Pathfinder has fixed this and so it's to difficult to figure out a set value to assign to MW gear items. All that can be advised is look to an example matching as closely as possible to the gear you intend to have as MW and go from there.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image

Return to “Help Desk”