Split money for items sold

Need Help with the Loot Divider?
Ask in this section!
kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Split money for items sold

Post by kabkal »

I have been working with version 1.20 of LD and have hopefully an easy question. Just using your 4 items in your sample (Dagger, CLW potion, Ring +1, cloak of CHR+2) I am wondering how I can do the following (without using more than 2 tabs).

On the treasure! tab the items are listed for sale except for the dagger and potion. I have given the dagger to player 1 and the potion to player 2.
On the Player's Loot tab I have given the dagger to player 1 and the potion to player 2.

Now I want to split the remaining gold between the 4 players get and equal amount of treasure. Is this possible to do on the Player's Loot tab so I do not have to have 3 tabs going and 3 sets of data entry?
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image BART 1173: Andriod/Pisterol
ImageDM of We Just Stopped Here...
ImageMach Agh: Goblin/Barbarian
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Re: Split money for items sold

Post by admin »

kabkal wrote:I have been working with version 1.20 of LD and have hopefully an easy question. Just using your 4 items in your sample (Dagger, CLW potion, Ring +1, cloak of CHR+2) I am wondering how I can do the following (without using more than 2 tabs).
oups!
Seems I forgot to 'clear' the treasure! sheet! lol
kabkal wrote:On the treasure! tab the items are listed for sale except for the dagger and potion. I have given the dagger to player 1 and the potion to player 2. On the Player's Loot tab I have given the dagger to player 1 and the potion to player 2.

Now I want to split the remaining gold between the 4 players get and equal amount of treasure. Is this possible to do on the Player's Loot tab so I do not have to have 3 tabs going and 3 sets of data entry?
Interesting - How do you handle when one player gets a high value item that is not matched for some time by the others? Is that player stuck at having no gold until such a time that the others catch up?

Provided the total amount of gold if known (i.e. before anything is assigned), it is possible to figure out a formula that would give the amount of residual gold each would have (with 0 for the one who already as the highest values item) - but this gets more complex if 2 or more players have the highest total value (which might be improbable, but still possible!)

R
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

I've seen two methods of dispersing treasure.

In one, the group has various items and coin and those who have use for something in the "pot" get what they can use, but no one else can. The coin is shared. If there is anyone or more than one with an uneven amount of "stuff" by value or ability then that/those player(s) get first pick of the better share if not all of any sold loot in the future until a balance is met.

In another, I've seen groups with items simply count loot buy coin and item value, then determine what the share value would be. Then, any items chosen by players is counted against that share value, as if buying from the group, and those who are unable to pick something because there was nothing they could use would still get a matching share based on the coin value exchanged by those who did get something.

Say there's a scroll (750g), a +1 weapon (2015g), a masterwork armor (335g), and 600g in total coins. Say we have a barbarian, sorcerer, rogue, and bard. The sorcerer and rogue have interest in the scroll. The rogue, barbarian, and bard have interest in the weapon, but only the barbarian is interested in the armor. We'll assume that all of this has been identified too.

The scroll is an expendable item and the sorcerer is better suited for its use and gets it. The barbarian gets the armor. The rogue, barbarian, and bard begin bidding on the weapon based on it's sell value and going up from there. Bidding is based on coin in hand, or the group can agree that an individual can borrow against future treasure that "might" be found. This bidding can continue until they stop, whoever is willing to pay the most wins. Once that "winning bid" is determined, that value, only if in actual coin and not borrowed, is applied to the shared total (2150g). So say the bid is 1500g from the rogue and has that value in hand. Usually by this system, the original shared value would have been 537.5g. The rogue bought the weapon for 1500, so she owes 962.5g to the group and the group then shares that paid amount. Also, Ive seen where the sorcerer getting the scroll would be counted against his share and the same with the barbarian. This means, the bard being the one not getting anything of use to him would have a larger share in value than the others with the rogue not actually getting anything other than the weapon and the sorcerer and barbarian getting a smaller amount. I've seen this method applied often in my gaming years and has usually worked out the best in the long run.

But then, for those not concerned with tracking loot by value, just divvying up treasure by who can use what the best or has gotten the least can work too, though it usually means there will be some with a much larger share than others in a group over time.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
pcdruid
Peasant
Peasant

Post by pcdruid »

What I would like to know is if there is a way to use the loot divider to do this. As far as I can tell when I assign an item to someone the loot divider is taking it out of the treasure entirely, rather than setting a current treasure value for a given player. That doesn't help me divide the physical loot, just the gold value of the loot. What is the best way to use this worksheet?

Return to “Help Desk”