Need Help with the Loot Divider?
Ask in this section!
CTSamuraiX
Peasant
Peasant

Problems with OpenOffice

Post by CTSamuraiX »

Good Afternoon,
Just downloaded the Loot Divider 1.21 the other day, and on my home computer I am running OpenOffice3.1.1. I figured that I would give it a try, and it didn't seem to want to update the prices outside the Treasure! sheet. I figured that it may be an issue with OpenOffice, and tested it out on my work computer that is running Microsoft Office 2007. It updated fine at work, and the only issue that gave me was that the "Clear" buttons would give an error, and not clear anything.

Is there something that I may be missing? I haven't had the need to toy around with OpOff too much, and I've tried setting macro permissions to as low as possible to see if that was interfering...
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Re: Problems with OpenOffice

Post by admin »

I am unsure what you mean by "update the prices outside the Treasure! sheet". But in any case, Open Office is unable to process Excel Macro/VBA, so you will loose the bit of automation that they allowed.

I started researching if it is possible to have both Excel Macros/VBA and OpenOffices' StarBasic code in the same workbook, but I have yet to find if this is possible.

Admin
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Re: Problems with OpenOffice

Post by admin »

I completed my research on this, and I was told that it is not possible to 'combine' VBA with OpenOffice's StarBasic language in the same workbook. Worst, there is no compatibility between those two languages and one application cannot run the others code (so it seems that claims of compatibility between Excel and Calc stop at Macros)

Note that I specifically build the Loot Divider to use as little VBA Macros as possible, so the loss of functionality is minimum for OpenOffice users.

Admin

Return to “Help Desk”