Problem with copy-paste from firefox

Need Help with the Loot Divider?
Ask in this section!
glitchies
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Problem with copy-paste from firefox

Post by glitchies »

I get a protection error when ever i try to clear a cell that i have pasted info into.
Here is the proceedure that i am doing.
I was playing around with the "=in_Rate*(12/50)" thing for the wands. I copy and pasted the formula from firefox directly into lootdivider (excel2007), and in doing so, it works, but when i went to clear the cell now i get a "the cell you are trying to change is protected and is therefor read-only. to modify a protected cell or chart... blahblahblah.. passworded" i have to close the sheet and loose any work that i have done because i cant save it, or it is like that permenantly. I actually have the same problem in TOS+ too, same circumstances. copy-paste from firefox into the spreadsheet.
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Re: Problem with copy-paste from firefox

Post by admin »

Try pasting in the Formula Bar (see images below for the location of the Formula Bar)the text that you have pickup up, as opposed to pasting directly IN a cell.

OR

Copy the source, then go to Excel, press F2 to 'edit' the cell you want, then press CTRL-V to paste in that cell!

Note: If you copy a cell and want to 'paste' that cell to another location in a Workbook, try Paste Formula as opposed to the 'standard' paste.
FormulaBar_2003.jpg
FormulaBar_2003.jpg (44.23 KiB) Viewed 5800 times
FormulaBar_2007.jpg
FormulaBar_2007.jpg (63.57 KiB) Viewed 5800 times
admin
glitchies
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Re: Problem with copy-paste from firefox

Post by glitchies »

thanks, i have resorted to just copy-paste into a text file, then into excel's formula bar... just to make sure to remove any formatting...
<fixed>
SpoilerShow
i still have issues with my TOS+'s one cell that is locked, not able to edit it now. but that is fine, i can live with that. thanks for the help with this though.
</fixed>

edit: fixed

Return to “Help Desk”