Microsoft office excel 2007 issue

Need Help with the Loot Divider?
Ask in this section!
Kenrpger
Horseman
Horseman

Microsoft office excel 2007 issue

Post by Kenrpger »

I bought the Loot Divider from Paizo but I can't change the treasue tab to put in what I want it says its read only and when I try to change it in excel it asks for a password and I never set a password for office or excel. VERY FRUSTRATED. It tells me the loot divider is read only.
Last edited by Kenrpger on Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Re: Microsoft office excel 2007 issue

Post by Duniagdra »

Kenrpger wrote:I bought the Loot Divider from Paizo but I can't change the treasue tab to put in what I want it says its read only and when I try to change it in excel it asks for a password and I never set a password for office or excel. VERY FRUSTRATED.
You can only modify the white areas in the loot divider. Please give cell coordinates to where you are trying to modify. The LD is password protected by the author to prevent users from breaking formulas or deleting named cells the LD depends on. This is called user error and has happened to the best of us, thus the protection to prevent.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Kenrpger
Horseman
Horseman

Post by Kenrpger »

My bad I got confused. It was wrong place
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

Kenrpger wrote:My bad I got confused. It was wrong place
Awesome! I've been there a few times. today in fact :P
Image Image
Kenrpger
Horseman
Horseman

Post by Kenrpger »

One other quick question, how do you enter in a scroll with higher castign level then what it is normally?
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

Kenrpger wrote:One other quick question, how do you enter in a scroll with higher castign level then what it is normally?
That's actually a really great question. I'm looking at LDv1.20 right now, and tried using the item building, but there is no way that I see to adjust the spell level within it. You'll need to go to the data sheet and custom add one instead, which means figuring out the math :cry: .

Maybe the Admin can figure a way that, like with the enhancement bonus for a weapon, maybe there could be a way to add a modifier to level adjustments for scrolls or potions? This sounds like a suggestion for an added feature to the LD. Good Idea Ken! :thumb1:
Image Image
Kenrpger
Horseman
Horseman

Post by Kenrpger »

Thanks, I also read about adjusting for larger smaller items. I hope that gets put in soon.

One last question, I paid and downloaded for loot divider. How do I get the updates? Just redownload again from where I bought it from?
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

Kenrpger wrote:Thanks, I also read about adjusting for larger smaller items. I hope that gets put in soon.

One last question, I paid and downloaded for loot divider. How do I get the updates? Just redownload again from where I bought it from?
I believe so. Updates Will be given to Paizo, or what ever source you got it from, and that site will notify you of an update being available for d/l, but that's my understanding of it. Admin is the only one who can confirm with certainty how it works.
Image Image
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Post by admin »

Duniagdra wrote:Updates Will be given to Paizo, or what ever source you got it from, and that site will notify you of an update being available for d/l, but that's my understanding of it. Admin is the only one who can confirm with certainty how it works.
Confirmed: I send updates to Paizo/DTRPG, and they advise buyers via email about this new update.
Which reminds me, I have to update the LD soon :P
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

admin wrote:
Duniagdra wrote:Updates Will be given to Paizo, or what ever source you got it from, and that site will notify you of an update being available for d/l, but that's my understanding of it. Admin is the only one who can confirm with certainty how it works.
Confirmed: I send updates to Paizo/DTRPG, and they advise buyers via email about this new update.
Which reminds me, I have to update the LD soon :P
So then what this actually means is once someone buys the LD from these sites, they continue to get free updates for life?
Image Image
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Post by admin »

Duniagdra wrote:So then what this actually means is once someone buys the LD from these sites, they continue to get free updates for life?
Correct, unless the email from these sites is not received somehow (i.e. placed in bulk folders and such)

Return to “Help Desk”