Player and Group Loot auto population

Need Help with the Loot Divider?
Ask in this section!
chriswilliams
Squire
Squire

Player and Group Loot auto population

Post by chriswilliams »

I was hoping that when you entered loot on the treasure tab and assigned it, that the Player's Loot and Group tabs would be automatically populated. This does not appear to be the case for either Excel 2011 or Excel 2010. Can someone confirm for me if this expected but not realized behavior is by design (thus a bug) or naivety on my part?

Thanks...
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Re: Player and Group Loot auto population

Post by admin »

chriswilliams wrote:I was hoping that when you entered loot on the treasure tab and assigned it, that the Player's Loot and Group tabs would be automatically populated. This does not appear to be the case for either Excel 2011 or Excel 2010. Can someone confirm for me if this expected but not realized behavior is by design (thus a bug) or naivety on my part?

Thanks...
There is no 'direct' link to what you enter on the Treasure! sheet, and the other sheets - for several reasons.
For instance, the Treasure sheet is much 'bigger' than the other sheets. Another reasons is that and you can enter information that is NOT treasure (like Titles!!)... so any coding done would try to 'guess what the user wants to do in some cases - something that is quite complex to do!!

admin
chriswilliams
Squire
Squire

Post by chriswilliams »

vlookup will do the trick. This greatly reduces the usefulness of this tool. Another way of doing this would be pivot tables, but because the sheet is locked, there's no modifications that can be done.
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Post by admin »

chriswilliams wrote:vlookup will do the trick. This greatly reduces the usefulness of this tool. Another way of doing this would be pivot tables, but because the sheet is locked, there's no modifications that can be done.
What happens if you find this treasure:
Potion of Fly

Then, a few games later, you find:
Potion of Fly

VLOOKUP() can't find the second occurrence, unfortunately - and it happens often that sessions will have identical loot.
admin
chriswilliams
Squire
Squire

Post by chriswilliams »

Leveraging search and vlookup you can return a list of all treasure belonging to PCx including duplicates. I have to do it in writing sheets for tracking hardware in multiple regions for work. You can also run filter extracts to create list dependencies on names fields.
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Post by admin »

chriswilliams wrote:Leveraging search and vlookup you can return a list of all treasure belonging to PCx including duplicates. I have to do it in writing sheets for tracking hardware in multiple regions for work. You can also run filter extracts to create list dependencies on names fields.
You can use the Suggestion Box section to detail any improvements you can think of! (and solution to possible problems that could arise from such ideas!)

admin

Return to “Help Desk”