[1.40] Fatal Error-Please Help [fixed]

Did you find a bug in the Loot Divider?
Report it here! Please include all details necessary to recreate the bug!
Truwen
Squire
Squire

[1.40] Fatal Error-Please Help [fixed]

Post by Truwen »

Hey there, I have just purchased LootDivider 1.40 today. I have been inputting my groups items from our own excel sheet into LootDivider. When I create a weapon (in this case) +3 Returning Greatclub of Icy Burst I get this error "Fatal Error encountered trying to Add the item to the Data Sheet" when I click "Copy to Treasure! Sheet+Add to Custom Data". I am not too well versed in Excel, however, I do have macros enabled. Is there some other setting somewhere that I have to change/turn on or off? Or is this an error with the sheet itself.

I appreciate the help on this and really am quite impressed with the layout and design of LootDivider. I look forward to using it for my campaigns.

Thanks
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Re: Fatal Error-Please Help

Post by admin »

To debug this, I will need a copy of the excel file that causes the error so I can look into it.
Can you save the Loot Divider, zip it, and email it to me at admin@theonlysheet.com ?

admin
Truwen
Squire
Squire

Post by Truwen »

Email sent. Thanks for looking into this for me.
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Post by admin »

I received the file and examined it - indeed there was a problem in the code!
I fixed it and will be posting a new update on Paizo/DriveThru (they should send you an email once it is posted, so you can upgrade freely)

I'll also update the version in the Thou Shall Not Pass [Contributors Only] section.

THANK YOU for reporting this!!!
admin
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Re: [1.40] Fatal Error-Please Help [fixed]

Post by admin »

On by the way - when you copy & paste in Excel, it is preferable to use "Paste Formula" instead of just 'Paste":

Normal "Paste" will try to paste the cell formatting, which is usually not what you want. "Paste Formula" will paste the content of the cell - any value or formula it contains!! Much safer!

admin

Return to “Bug Report”