Wands (and Charges)

Have an idea to improve the Loot Divider?
Share it here for consideration!
Mosaic
Squire
Squire

Wands (and Charges)

Post by Mosaic »

In the Scrolls thread I made a suggestion that building scroll be done through the Item Builder (rather than through the regular pre-generated treasure list) because the list of possible spells is so darn long. I made the same suggestion for wands; using the Item Builder, one could select "Wand" in the first box and then Arcane/Divine, spell level, and spell in the next couple of boxes, ending up with something like: Wand [divine, level 1, Cure Light Wounds].

Anyway, a though occurred to me that, in a system like this, you could also add number of charges just by making it another Property box. A drop down menu with 1-50. Right now, wand charges are handled by making a % in the sell price, and that covers the issue of selling a less-than-full wand, but it might be nice to have a way to actually include the number of charges in a meaningful way in the description of the item. Something like: Wand [divine, level 1, Cure Light Wounds, 34 charges]. Players and GMs could actually use the Loot Divider to track a party's treasure over the course of several adventures, using up potions and scrolls and tracking wand usage.

Return to “Suggestion Box”